#1 Edited by Man_of_Miracles (1845 posts) - - Show Bio

Doctor Doom and Doctor Strange vs Doctor Fate and Green Lantern (Alan Scott)

Doctor Fate and Alan Scott are most recent Pre-52

Morals off, No BFR, Both teams get 3 hours prep, they have no knowledge of the other team except that they can use magic.

Fight starts in the middle of central park

#2 Posted by menaceforever (3696 posts) - - Show Bio

Team 2 in a stomp

#3 Posted by karetaker (1565 posts) - - Show Bio

@menaceforever said:

Team 2 in a stomp

idk what puts dr fate above strange and doom? because the GL is a non factor here

#4 Posted by menaceforever (3696 posts) - - Show Bio

Current Strange is weak as hell. All Alan has to do is create a pair of scissors and chop Strange's head off and Dr.Fate could just mind r*pe Doom.

#5 Posted by Jayfournines (4024 posts) - - Show Bio

@karetaker said:

@menaceforever said:

Team 2 in a stomp

idk what puts dr fate above strange and doom? because the GL is a non factor here

You must not know Alan Scott

#6 Edited by gonjasufi (173 posts) - - Show Bio

@karetaker said:

@menaceforever said:

Team 2 in a stomp

Alan Scott....especially the most current pre-flashpoint......a non factor?

get out of here.

how does current strange match up to pre-flashpoint fate?

#7 Posted by karetaker (1565 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jayfournines: i know the basic GL power set. i never read anything with scott @gonjasufi: /however how does he deal with strange's magic. also i already asked how fate matches up to fate. i dont know about fate either. i just know about doom and strange thats why i asked what fate can do.

#8 Posted by menaceforever (3696 posts) - - Show Bio

Fate is Dr.Doom times 4 and Alan is like a guardian.

#9 Edited by gonjasufi (173 posts) - - Show Bio

@karetaker said:

@Jayfournines: i know the basic GL power set. i never read anything with scott @gonjasufi: /however how does he deal with strange's magic. also i already asked how fate matches up to fate. i dont know about fate either. i just know about doom and strange thats why i asked what fate can do.

Uhh...i was just asking the same question.

Scott really has nothing to do with your average gl, he's powered by the Starheart. The Starheart was the collection of all of the magical energies in the universe(that the guardians parent race managed to get their hands on)shoved into the core of a star to ferment. That might not be the best description...but close enough. If he were to lose control of his powers, he'd be a galaxy buster fairly easily(as stated by mr terrific).

Id say team 2 takes this, but Dr Doom might be able to pull some crazy shit with 3 hours prep.

#10 Posted by TheAntiReVamp (389 posts) - - Show Bio

Team 2.

#11 Posted by karetaker (1565 posts) - - Show Bio

@gonjasufi: @gonjasufi said:

@karetaker said:

Scott really has nothing to do with your average gl, he's powered by the Starheart. The Starheart was the collection of all of the magical energies in the universe(that the guardians parent race managed to get their hands on)shoved into the core of a star to ferment. That might not be the best description...but close enough. If he were to lose control of his powers, he'd be a galaxy buster fairly easily(as stated by mr terrific).

ment to say how strange matches up to fate.

but does that starheart give him magical resistance? like make him unable to be teleported

#12 Posted by Jayfournines (4024 posts) - - Show Bio

Honestly...I will give it to Team 1, with 3 hours prep Doom comes up with a device to steal the Starheart's power and pwn everyone

#13 Posted by blackadamFTW (7867 posts) - - Show Bio

If there were no prep, I'd say team 2 in a stomp, but because there's prep, that makes it different....

#14 Posted by Man_of_Miracles (1845 posts) - - Show Bio

I think with prep and the knowledge that the other team could use magic, would give team 1 an edge seeing as they have Doom. That is why I added prep to even it out a bit.

#15 Posted by Pwok21 (2459 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jayfournines said:

Honestly...I will give it to Team 1, with 3 hours prep Doom comes up with a device to steal the Starheart's power and pwn everyone

Only situation that Team One wins, unless this is Classic Strange, current is a non-factor.

#16 Posted by MasterJohn (2471 posts) - - Show Bio

Team 2. Alan Scott and Dr Fate, FTW.

#17 Posted by njones5 (234 posts) - - Show Bio

this is not really fair alan kicks dooms but he thinks of something and its there doom does not have any powers so team 2

#18 Posted by quatro_briefs (384 posts) - - Show Bio

Dr.Green Lantern is out of his league.

#19 Posted by Simon_the_digger (3227 posts) - - Show Bio

Team 2

#20 Posted by Malevolent1 (1072 posts) - - Show Bio

@gonjasufi said:

@karetaker said:

Id say team 2 takes this, but Dr Doom might be able to pull some crazy shit with 3 hours prep.

^^^^^^^

This response for the win. Agreed entirely. Hate to say it (well, not really, Von Doom is the shizzle! Thought you know??), but Doom with prep? Very dangerous animal.

#21 Posted by beatboks1 (7415 posts) - - Show Bio

@karetaker said:

Alan Scot isn't a Basic GL. His power source is the starheart. It was the collection of ALL magic the Guardians could find in the universe at the time they tried to remove it. Basically aside from what a normal GL can do Alan can time manip, matter manip, reality manip, plus possess and control others. When he morals off in Darkest Night he soleod all DC earth. When his power was taken by Eclipso in JLA he used it to destroy Spectre. As for magic, Alan's power is magic and one of the most powerful ones at that. Mordru couldn't simply BFR him and Mordru (current) would be classic Strange level ( SA Mordru was much more)

Dr fate's magical power levels haven't changed much over the years. Classic (as in SA Fate ) was every bit as powerful as powerful as Classic Strange. he's the only one who ever lasted for long battles against Spectre. Current Fate has defeated easily Lady blaze when she was almost ruler of Hell. Lady Blaze has defeated with magic her father Shazam many times before she was that powerful, so this is far from a low feat.

Besides which Prep is irrelevant. They are morals off and Morals off Alan could solo all three. Since he easily possessed and controlled Dr Fate, Obsidian, Miss Martian, Cyclone and others simultaneously in darkest night while fighting the combined power of the JLA, JSA and JSA all stars in multiple locations , while controlling the very forces of nature to battle the rest of earths heroes all over the globe (creating cyclones, earthquakes, blizzards and much more to keep them busy)

This is a morals off Alan Scot

@quatro_briefs said:

Dr.Green Lantern is out of his league.

Your right, the three of them together would be struggling to make a fight against him in a morals off state.

#22 Posted by Quartermaim (617 posts) - - Show Bio

Scott kills them all. This is almost spite.