Round 9-Doomsday

Round 10-Superman

SodamYat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

The first 5 rounds serve no purpose and are huge mismatches.

stops at 9 or 10

icecold14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SodamYat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sodamyat: Exactly always start easy

i dont see the point in having half the gauntlet be stomps, but do your thing.

icecold14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sodamyat: Well they might be stomps but they get harder as the rounds go on so i dont see a problem ;O nice to meet you i see your kinda new here...

leonkarlen123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Nope I won't bother

icecold14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By icecold14

@leonkarlen123: why not? i just tagged you by the way lol i forget the numbers in the end of your username

leonkarlen123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

icecold14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stops at 7

HellionVulcan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Jestersmiles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

Round 7-Cyborg Superman

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

Stops at 6 or 10. Rulk is the only one in this gauntlet that has actually beaten a Hulk in combat before so based on current showings, he'll be able to do so again until the rematch issue comes out. The only other character in this gauntlet who has the feats to beat Doc Green is New 52 Superman for obvious reasons.

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

Stops at 6 or 10. Rulk is the only one in this gauntlet that has actually beaten a Hulk in combat before so based on current showings, he'll be able to do so again until the rematch issue comes out. The only other character in this gauntlet who has the feats to beat Doc Green is New 52 Superman for obvious reasons.

Think he can beat Doomsday?

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Lvenger

@lvenger said:

Think he can beat Doomsday?

Doomsday's death field could level the playing field but New 52 Doomsday is much weaker than his overpowered hax Pre New 52 incarnation. Superman overpowered him multiple times in their fight and Hulk could do the same.

Avatar image for Oreoassassin421
OreoAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#17  Edited By OreoAssassin

We dont know how powerful Flash is yet to say if he stops at 3 so ill ignore that round and say he stops at Rulk

Avatar image for Oreoassassin421
OreoAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ariesxmasters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cyborg Superman is garbage.

I wanna say he stops at 8 or 9.

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

somewhere from 7 onwards

RealityWarper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Kingant27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Could stop at Rulk, based on there fight so far.

BRAX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If he doesn't stop at 7 he most definitely stops at 8..

Gizmorino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Cyborg supes

Avatar image for heirtothekingdom
HeirToTheKingdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nathaniel_Adam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

hatemalingsia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stops at 7 or 8.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 thedailybagel  Moderator

DrF8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 12

8 or 9

tensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#33  Edited By tensor

Stops at 6 until I see a re-match.

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 thedailybagel  Moderator

@lvenger: aside from throwing the fight to rulk, doc greens feats are way above Rulks calibre.

serrure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 17

@lvenger said:

this!

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: aside from throwing the fight to rulk, doc greens feats are way above Rulks calibre.

Not enough to the point where Doc Green could clearly overpower Rulk it seems. Even though he threw the fight with Rulk, we don't know how well he would have really done until the Hulk issues in April come out.

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By thedailybagel  Moderator

@lvenger: true, but enough to say that he'd win a majority. Things like stomping captain marvel (who's quite powerful nowadays), stomping over a dozen sentient iron-patriots, stomping the great society's version of hulk, shrugging off a hit from silver surfer, and lifting a mountain kinda put him above rulk. Not to mention he recently fought the fantastic four (but i haven't actually read that fight yet). Once doc green gets a few more striking feats he should be able to take rulk without an awful lot of trouble.

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tensor said:

Stops at 6 until I see a re-match.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Lvenger

@thedailybagel:

Things like stomping captain marvel (who's quite powerful nowadays)

Not really, Carol's only a mid tier powerhouse at best. It's when she's Binary that she's really powerful and dangerous. One shotting her isn't something that only Hulk can do.

stomping the great society's version of hulk

When did he stomp the Great Society's Hulk? I didn't know they even had a version of Hulk. Though that version was featless and Banner's control over Hulk with the device slipped during the fight. And then this happened of course :P

No Caption Provided

shrugging off a hit from silver surfer

Rulk owned Silver Surfer if we were playing the "compare the character's performance against Silver Surfer" game.

Not to mention he recently fought the fantastic four

I've..been shown the scans and he doesn't really do much. Just brawls with Ben for a little bit, hardly any focus on him at all. Doc Green's just there to say that he's renting apartment space in the Baxter Building to tie what's going on in his title.

Once doc green gets a few more striking feats he should be able to take rulk without an awful lot of trouble.

Only if Duggan actually decides to craft some more engaging fight scenes with some attempts to quantify those striking feats.

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By thedailybagel  Moderator

@lvenger: I never said that he was the only one that could do it, only that it's a good feat

I think it was in new avengers 28, that was the hulk that was being controlled by his teamates, and coincidently the same one that gave banner the idea for the device that weakened hulk.

I'm pretty sure that happened because banner installed a device that calmed hulk, he mentioned it prior IIRC.

Rulk owned him due to a hax draining ability that he hasn't used in years. Need I remind you that rulk pummelled uatu and beat the snot out of odin force thor around that time period?

Would you mind showing me the scan(s) in a PM please? I haven't read the issue myself.

I have a feeling they'll be coming soon. I don't know if you've been reading duggans hulk but he tends to be extremely calm, although he occasionally has these huge rage outbursts (probably something to do with his maestro side). In fact even in Rulk and doc greens fight he has one of them and pounds rulk into the ground. Not to mention he has a fight with the mighty avengers coming up so that should be interesting.

Ultragreenboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedailybagel: I don't think the device limited Hulk all that much. Hulk reverted back to his Savage/childlike way of talking whilst fighting Sun God and he still got overpowered seconds later. It could be a low showing or Hickman trolling the Hulk fans but I'm not certain Hulk was weakened.

Yes yes you got me there. You know I don't support Loebforce feats either, I was just using it as an example of how Rulk has a better showing against a character Hulk consistently loses to. And Surfer's main threat is in his energy projection and versatility, not his Class 100 superstrength.

I'll see if I can find them.

Only the previews and whatever images pop up online. As for the 'Maestro rages' they seem to be counteracted by Doc Green's intelligent and reasonable side. Doesn't seem like he can balance them both yet.

In regards to the Mighty Avengers fight, is there any indication when that's coming? The solicits mention Doc Green getting training from Iron Fist, reuniting the Gamma Corps, hiring Deadpool and having a rematch with Rulk. You'd think Jen would get a solicit of her own for when Doc Green comes after her but thus far nothing. A fight between Hulk and an entire Avengers team is something to promote yet that hasn't happened.

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By thedailybagel  Moderator

@lvenger: banner mentioned it calmed him down and Hickman protects hulk like crazy, it definitely weakened him to some degree.

I know, Just thought I'd take a chance to hate on rulk.

Yeah, definitely, they get worse everytime they happen. I think he'll be able to balance them eventually.

The avengers fight would be sometime after March, February is Lyra, April is either being skipped or unannounced, March is Deadpool, ironnfist, and gamma corps.

Edit: looks like April is rulk.

Avatar image for theincrediblesuperhulk8642
TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: To be fair the Hulk that fought SG was the same Hulk who lost to another Superman level being Hyperion. It seems even DC understand the tiers they are on.

ariesxmasters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 thedailybagel  Moderator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedailybagel: Yeah. Avengers #3. Hyperion kos Hulk reverting him to Banner and no longer under the control of Abyss. Just like when SG koed Hulk he reverted to Banner I will give it to you that not that long before he fought and stalemated Thor which could have cause him to not be at max strength. That scene is extremely misinterpreted in Hulks favor. This is coming from a major Hulk fan.

Ultragreenboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By thedailybagel  Moderator

@theincrediblesuperhulk8642: I know what your referring to, hulk and hyperion were fighting it out untill abyss mentioned 'I've lost him' at which point hulk reverted to banner. If hulks beaten physically normally banner has some damage as well, and in this case he didn't.

Theres a section of this thread disproving it as well:

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/hulk-187/context-files-hulk-1577088/

Thing is, hyperion treats hulk like a tank, and has openly stated in an interview that he thinks hulk is the most powerful out of him, thor and hyperion. It's also why hulk actually had a reason when losing to sun god (he was weakened due to a device banner installed on him).

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedailybagel: I feel like the fight is very confusingly coordinated. It looks like Hyperion delivered the final blow at the same moment Abyss was hit by lightning. But she could have lost control of him due to Hyperion ko him.

*Hickman. More powerful physically but not overall. He's given Hyperion way more feats than Hulk and Hyperion has not lost a single fight yet. Hulk has lost in 4 (Sun God, Hyperion, Evil Hulk, Corvus Glaive and Proxima Midnight) and stalemated in 1 (Thor). The device was never implied to weaken Hulk only help him better control the transformation.