#1 Posted by Sonic_jack (239 posts) - - Show Bio

Spawn is a demon. Sam and Dean are demon hunters. This would be a close fight.

#2 Posted by Experio (16927 posts) - - Show Bio

Nope.

#3 Edited by Jmarshmallow (9868 posts) - - Show Bio

Lot of Sam and Dean threads going on lately.

And like I said on the last one, they would need prep, and the colt.

Sam might be able to solo if he was pumped up on demon blood, depending on the version of Spawn.

Jmarshmallow

#4 Posted by QueenCorp15 (1035 posts) - - Show Bio

As much as i love spawn, nothing can put a determined winchester down

#5 Posted by AweSam (7376 posts) - - Show Bio

They possibly could with prep and prior knowledge.

#6 Edited by lukehero (10680 posts) - - Show Bio

No...even at Spawn at his average low levels is leagues above Sam and Dean...even if they have full knowledge of all his weakness and Sam has his demon powers...Spawn owns them with hell magic. Without Cast, Meg, or something else to back them up they get owned.

I love Supernatural, but you are going to have to give them more even match ups.

#7 Posted by comedy_brosUSA (779 posts) - - Show Bio

spawn could whip out his chain and strangle them in seconds. so short way: NO

#8 Posted by Jmarshmallow (9868 posts) - - Show Bio

@lukehero said:

No...even at Spawn at his average low levels is leagues above Sam and Dean...even if they have full knowledge of all his weakness and Sam has his demon powers...Spawn owns them with hell magic. Without Cast, Meg, or something else to back them up they get owned.

I love Supernatural, but you are going to have to give them more even match ups.

And what makes you say that First Metamorphosis Spawn is > Sam with Demon Powers?

Jmarshmallow

#9 Edited by oceanmaster21 (8690 posts) - - Show Bio
#10 Posted by lukehero (10680 posts) - - Show Bio

@jmarshmallow: Basically his suit feeds on evil souls and when Sam had his Demon Powers he could cast out and kill demons, but he is part demon having to feed on demon blood to sustain his powers. Spawn should own him and feed on his soul.

After a nearly fatal encounter with The Redeemer, Spawn's costume evolved into a more advanced form. The formerly immaculate cape became ragged and shredded, and his costume lost its red coloring and became pure black and white. Spawn's gloves and boots also morphed, becoming heavily armored and covered with spikes. Spawn's costume was now much more powerful, and the cape and chains were capable of shapeshifting to a much greater degree. The costume shifted into a blade and cut off Redeemer's hand during their second encounter, while Spawn simply watched.

After his encounter with the Redeemer, Spawn encounters The Freak and during the "Bloodfeud" storyline, nightmares began to torture the former military assassin, consisting of a first-person point of view, where a creature, seeming to have kind of the same appearance as Spawn, hunts down other beings and consumes them and when he wakes up he finds himself in a mess of several killed persons. He suggests that, after the metamorphosis of his suit, it feeds off blood like a Vampire, but after his first battle with Jans San-Coeur, "the heartless Jans" ("real" Vampire and true reason behind the messes that Spawn finds himself in) and after he stripped himself of his suit, he argues with the clown about the latter. He tells Spawn that his costume feeds on souls, and after he made peace with his state he re-bonded with his suit and, in a vicious battle, drove Jans out of New York City.

http://www.thespawnsite.com/spawn_history_3.aspx

#11 Posted by Jmarshmallow (9868 posts) - - Show Bio

@lukehero said:

@jmarshmallow: Basically his suit feeds on evil souls and when Sam had his Demon Powers he could cast out and kill demons, but he is part demon having to feed on demon blood to sustain his powers. Spawn should own him and feed on his soul.

After a nearly fatal encounter with The Redeemer, Spawn's costume evolved into a more advanced form. The formerly immaculate cape became ragged and shredded, and his costume lost its red coloring and became pure black and white. Spawn's gloves and boots also morphed, becoming heavily armored and covered with spikes. Spawn's costume was now much more powerful, and the cape and chains were capable of shapeshifting to a much greater degree. The costume shifted into a blade and cut off Redeemer's hand during their second encounter, while Spawn simply watched.

After his encounter with the Redeemer, Spawn encounters The Freak and during the "Bloodfeud" storyline, nightmares began to torture the former military assassin, consisting of a first-person point of view, where a creature, seeming to have kind of the same appearance as Spawn, hunts down other beings and consumes them and when he wakes up he finds himself in a mess of several killed persons. He suggests that, after the metamorphosis of his suit, it feeds off blood like a Vampire, but after his first battle with Jans San-Coeur, "the heartless Jans" ("real" Vampire and true reason behind the messes that Spawn finds himself in) and after he stripped himself of his suit, he argues with the clown about the latter. He tells Spawn that his costume feeds on souls, and after he made peace with his state he re-bonded with his suit and, in a vicious battle, drove Jans out of New York City.

http://www.thespawnsite.com/spawn_history_3.aspx

I know all about Spawn and his powerset, I'm a very avid fan of his.

But Sam was able to take down demons like they were nothing. Send them straight to hell with a thought.

I agree that Spawn is faster, more durable, and has more versatile powers. But with that being the case, there's nothing to suggest that Sam can't just shut his eyes and *poof*! Bye bye Simmons!

Jmarshmallow

#12 Posted by ShadowPro (1802 posts) - - Show Bio

I love the winchesters way more than spawn.. but I don't know-- I don't believe they can with him, for what I heard he is kind of in jackie darkness level's so... they would need a lot of prep, the colt and maybe cas' angel balde and ruby's demon blade

#13 Posted by lukehero (10680 posts) - - Show Bio

@jmarshmallow: I love Supernatural...and I am not trying to low ball the demons here...but none of them had the versatility or powers of even First Metamorphosis Spawn....(Average Demon) They were basically Super Strong, could take over a human and not much else. Some of them had Telekinesis, and could teleport. VERY few high level demons like the King of Hell had other powers.

As soon as Sam with demon powers comes in his range, the suit will began to feed of Sam's evil energy and lower his powers levels.

#14 Posted by Jmarshmallow (9868 posts) - - Show Bio

@lukehero said:

@jmarshmallow: I love Supernatural...and I am not trying to low ball the demons here...but none of them had the versatility or powers of even First Metamorphosis Spawn....(Average Demon) They were basically Super Strong, could take over a human and not much else. Some of them had Telekinesis, and could teleport. VERY few high level demons like the King of Hell had other powers.

As soon as Sam with demon powers comes in his range, the suit will began to feed of Sam's evil energy and lower his powers levels.

Sam took down Lilith. She certainly isn't just some "Average Demon" if you ask me!

Jmarshmallow

#15 Posted by BigCimmerian (8671 posts) - - Show Bio

@lukehero said:

Sam took down Lilith. She certainly isn't just some "Average Demon" if you ask me!

Jmarshmallow

Not some average demon in Supernatural is not the same as not some average demon in Marvel or DC or whatever company Spawn hails from lol.

#16 Edited by lukehero (10680 posts) - - Show Bio

@jmarshmallow:

Once again, only using logic here...that was all part of the plan...She didn't even bother really fighting back....She wanted to die so she could release Lucifer. So that fight does not count...At all.

#17 Posted by Jmarshmallow (9868 posts) - - Show Bio

@lukehero: The fact that he could take her down is what is important here. Not to mention the fact that she didn't bother fighting back because she knew he was more powerful than she was. That was kinda the whole point of the plan, to mold Sam into a being that could take down the most powerful demon in existence.

And he did. Took her down with a thought. A very strained thought, granted, but still just a thought.

@bigcimmerian True! I'd wager that some of them are even more powerful. Lilith included.

Jmarshmallow

#18 Posted by Shot (2203 posts) - - Show Bio

No.

#19 Posted by lukehero (10680 posts) - - Show Bio

@jmarshmallow: 1. No he is not more powerful than her. He was simply able to kill her, major difference. It's like this, I could stab the Flash and kill him--If he just sits there and let's me like the way Lilith did with Sam.

2. Let's say I buy into your argument that he is more powerful than her. Does not matter, as we cannot use this fight to judge his skill at all, because she never did try to actually fight back.

3. Let's say we try to use this fight anyway. Well Spawn isn't going to just sit there and neither is his suit. As soon as Sam comes near him, the suit will feed off of Sam's evil energy and drain his powers. As Sam is trying to kill Spawn with his powers, his demon powers will be drained by Spawn's suit. Once Same is out of juice--which he runs out of juice pretty easily. Spawn will own him and Dean.

4. I highly doubt the knife or colt will work on Spawn...maybe the Angel blade, but Spawn isn't just going to sit there and let either of them stab him.

#20 Edited by Jmarshmallow (9868 posts) - - Show Bio

@lukehero said:

@jmarshmallow: 1. No he is not more powerful than her. He was simply able to kill her, major difference. It's like this, I could stab the Flash and kill him--If he just sits there and let's me like the way Lilith did with Sam.

It's actually different. It's more like Flash teaching you how to move as fast as him, and you eventually defeating him. Lilith wanted Sam to kill her, but only someone more powerful than her could do it. Notice how her demon powers didn't work on him, but it did vice-versa? There's a reason for that mate.

2. Let's say I buy into your argument that he is more powerful than her. Does not matter, as we cannot use this fight to judge his skill at all, because she never did try to actually fight back.

Yes, we can. Because the whole point was that she didn't need to fight back since Sam was more powerful. Again, previous encounters where Lilith couldn't even budge Sam show this.

3. Let's say we try to use this fight anyway. Well Spawn isn't going to just sit there and neither is his suit. As soon as Sam comes near him, the suit will feed off of Sam's evil energy and drain his powers. As Sam is trying to kill Spawn with his powers, his demon powers will be drained by Spawn's suit. Once Same is out of juice--which he runs out of juice pretty easily. Spawn will own him and Dean.

There's your problem right there. Sam doesn't need to come near him. One thought and then Simmons goes right back to hell.

4. I highly doubt the knife or colt will work on Spawn...maybe the Angel blade, but Spawn isn't just going to sit there and let either of them stab him.

Agreed. But then again, that's what they all think. Azazel, Zachariah, Alistair, War, Famine, Gods, Angels, Demons, Monsters, even Lucifer. They never see it coming, but the Winchester's take them down anyway.

Jmarshmallow

#21 Edited by lukehero (10680 posts) - - Show Bio

@jmarshmallow: There's your problem right there. Sam doesn't need to come near him. One thought and then Simmons goes right back to hell.

Good talk, but that is not the way his powers work? "One thought and he sends them to hell." No he has to be near his target and he has to see his target. For lower level Demons it still takes about 60 secs. For higher level Demons like Spawn it would take mins. Once again as he is using his powers, he would be getting drained. Also depending on how much blood he consumed, if he didn't consume enough he would weaken easily.

Only time Sam could just smite demons by looking at them(He would still have to be near them) Is when he was possessed by Lucifer. That would change the OP, it would be Sam, Dean, & Lucifer.

#22 Posted by cameron83 (7623 posts) - - Show Bio

wtf? I don't know a whole helluva lot about Spawn,but I am pretty sure that he's >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Sam and Dean.

Seriously,wtf is their power? Plot?

#23 Posted by Jmarshmallow (9868 posts) - - Show Bio

@lukehero said:

Good talk, but that is not the way his powers work? "One thought and he sends them to hell." No he has to be near his target and he has to see his target. For lower level Demons it still takes about 60 secs. For higher level Demons like Spawn it would take mins. Once again as he is using his powers, he would be getting drained. Also depending on how much blood he consumed, if he didn't consume enough he would weaken easily.

Only time Sam could just smite demons by looking at them(He would still have to be near them) Is when he was possessed by Lucifer. That would change the OP, it would be Sam, Dean, & Lucifer.

Oh Really?

Nice thought, but it doesn't look like it takes 60 seconds to take down MULTIPLE demons. Not to even mention the fact that he was able to take down a freaking Horseman of the Apocalypse.

Granted, he took him down by attacking him from the inside. But still, that's certainly enough juice to take down Spawn.

Jmarshmallow

#24 Posted by Jmarshmallow (9868 posts) - - Show Bio

wtf? I don't know a whole helluva lot about Spawn,but I am pretty sure that he's >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Sam and Dean.

Pretty much.

Jmarshmallow

#25 Edited by Fufuh (78 posts) - - Show Bio

@lukehero said:

@jmarshmallow:

Once again, only using logic here...that was all part of the plan...She didn't even bother really fighting back....She wanted to die so she could release Lucifer. So that fight does not count...At all.

Granted, Sam had Ruby' knife, but Lilith was quite scared when she couldnt kill him in the end of 3rd season. Lilith, by far the most sadistic demon on the series, scared. So..

OT: Basing on feats, with enough prep, Sam and Dean can take a decent powered version of Spawn (not the nigh-omnipotent high level ones). Unless you restrict them in some way, like no outside help, no powers etc., but then what's the point?

#26 Posted by cameron83 (7623 posts) - - Show Bio

@cameron83 said:

Pretty much.

Jmarshmallow

Ah,that explains it.

Still though,I say Spawn.

#27 Edited by lukehero (10680 posts) - - Show Bio

@jmarshmallow: 1. Those were a bunch of cannon fodder demons not even in the least bit comparable to Spawn.

2. You already admit the only reason he took down a horsemen is because he ate the demons.

3. Once again as soon as he walks near Spawn, the Suit will drain him. Also the Suit will launch an attack at he and Dean so he's just not going to be able to sit there and focus. I would say Spawn First Metamorphosis is above Lilith and if not above...Then on the same level without a doubt. He is not going to just walts in and kill Spawn like he did those Cannon Fodder Demons.

#28 Edited by OmgOmgWtfWtf (7043 posts) - - Show Bio

They will just call in Castiel to do the dirty work :P

#29 Edited by Dernman (15437 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes because Sam, Dean were the kings of PIS and would kill characters they would defeat character that in no way should they have defeated. Plot>>>>>>>>>>>>>Any power you can think of.

#30 Posted by Funsiized (3726 posts) - - Show Bio

...If there is a way to completely depower spawn, then yeah, maybe. But I severely doubt it.

#31 Edited by The_Flash_Too_Fast (278 posts) - - Show Bio

Spawn Fanboy?

#32 Posted by BigCimmerian (8671 posts) - - Show Bio

@lukehero: The fact that he could take her down is what is important here. Not to mention the fact that she didn't bother fighting back because she knew he was more powerful than she was. That was kinda the whole point of the plan, to mold Sam into a being that could take down the most powerful demon in existence.

And he did. Took her down with a thought. A very strained thought, granted, but still just a thought.

@bigcimmerian True! I'd wager that some of them are even morepowerful. Lilith included.

Jmarshmallow

Best feat for Lilith? Is she capable of obliterating the planet, solar system, galaxy or universe? Is she capable of reality manipulating entire worlds?

#33 Edited by lemonfryer (74 posts) - - Show Bio

No.

#34 Posted by Oni_Bane (1698 posts) - - Show Bio

No. Heeelll noooo

#35 Posted by PrinceAragorn1 (19517 posts) - - Show Bio

Hell no.

#36 Posted by Jmarshmallow (9868 posts) - - Show Bio
#37 Posted by Razerhandz (187 posts) - - Show Bio

Spawn would get their souls before Sam and Dean can touch him

#39 Posted by dondave (38780 posts) - - Show Bio
#40 Edited by DarkRaiden (7979 posts) - - Show Bio

Of course they could, if Spawn entered Supernatural. Because for some reason he'd beat them down like they stole something, but never kill them. Then they'd be like SURPRISE!! And have his only weakness that completely destroys him on hand and stab him with it or w/e. Or just an angel/demon blade since he is....a demon.