Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#301  Edited By Killemall

@Jayfournines said:

@Killemall said:

Why has no one banned Blind_and_full_of_fail yet?? Comicvine should allows flagging people who try to act smart and fail miserably =)

I don't get all the little pictures he posts trying to look cool...is it because i'm old? I mean, he actually takes the time to post pictures to increase his epenis? is that it? O_o

LoL may be.

I still think the idea he came up with was awesome, the way he was putting in feats was good, he seem knowledgeable which is respectful, its just his attitude people dislike.

Jayfournines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#302  Edited By Jayfournines

@Killemall said:

@Jayfournines said:

@Killemall said:

Why has no one banned Blind_and_full_of_fail yet?? Comicvine should allows flagging people who try to act smart and fail miserably =)

I don't get all the little pictures he posts trying to look cool...is it because i'm old? I mean, he actually takes the time to post pictures to increase his epenis? is that it? O_o

LoL may be.

I still think the idea he came up with was awesome, the way he was putting in feats was good, he seem knowledgeable which is respectful, its just his attitude people dislike.

Well, yeah, but a good idea does not a non douche make =P

Avatar image for binder_full_of_women
Binder_full_of_Women

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well let me go ahead and get these flags out the way. I didn't realized I rustled so many Jimmies by asking for evidence to support a claim. I have never implied I was better than anyone. I haven't suggested anyone was inferior. So where does all the mean girls like cattiness come from? Oh because I said people were wanking? I didn't call anyone out by name. I just said people were wanking feats. It's interesting to see people get upset when their name wasn't used in the context of wanking. You two talk about respect while disrespecting someone who never even mentioned your names? I'm here presenting arguments and you're name calling and arguing over who has the most hurt feelings. I hate Binder. No I hate him.

I got 99 problems but angry liberals aint one
laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#304  Edited By laflux

@Binder_full_of_Women said:

Well let me go ahead and get these flags out the way. I didn't realized I rustled so many Jimmies by asking for evidence to support a claim. I have never implied I was better than anyone. I haven't suggested anyone was inferior. So where does all the mean girls like cattiness come from? Oh because I said people were wanking? I didn't call anyone out by name. I just said people were wanking feats. It's interesting to see people get upset when their name wasn't used in the context of wanking. You two talk about respect while disrespecting someone who never even mentioned your names? I'm here presenting arguments and you're name calling and arguing over who has the most hurt feelings. I hate Binder. No I hate him.

While I respect you for mentioning the term rustled jimmies, why do you continue to attack liberals?

Jayfournines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#305  Edited By Jayfournines

@Binder_full_of_Women: Nah mate, you got it all wrong. I subscribe to the same citizenbane doctrine of "why do I care what people say in a comic book forum". I don't hate ya, I don't even know you to hate you; fact of the matter is that you like to insert douchey pics in your posts. No one here's complaining about your debating skills or your knowledge on the subject or anything. You come off as a douche, man, that's just it. I don't know if you are one, again, I do not know you...but unfortunately, the few posts that you DO make are laced with such douchebaggery that it is hard to ignore.

Binder_full_of_Women

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Jayfournines said:

@Binder_full_of_Women: Nah mate, you got it all wrong. I subscribe to the same citizenbane doctrine of "why do I care what people say in a comic book forum". I don't hate ya, I don't even know you to hate you; fact of the matter is that you like to insert douchey pics in your posts. No one here's complaining about your debating skills or your knowledge on the subject or anything. You come off as a douche, man, that's just it. I don't know if you are one, again, I do not know you...but unfortunately, the few posts that you DO make are laced with such douchebaggery that it is hard to ignore.

No Caption Provided
Why didn't you just say you were mad?
Why didn't you just say you were mad?
jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#307  Edited By jashro44

*sigh* This thread is going to get locked isn't it T_T....

Jayfournines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#308  Edited By Jayfournines

@jashro44: I hope not

xxxddd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#309  Edited By xxxddd

@jashro44 said:

Binder is an arse sometimes.

Malevolent1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#310  Edited By Malevolent1

@Esquire said:

@Binder_full_of_Women

I was typing up a nice big response when I saw Bane's new post above, including on-panel statements and proper contexts in all their radiant glory. So I decided it wasn't worth it. I genuinely hope you enjoy the rest of your time here on the Vine, and I apologize if you felt I was offensive or attacking in my previous posts.

You shouldn't let another persons opinion make you think what you have to say isn't worth saying. Personally Bane's post left me in want. And I genuinely appreciate the warm welcome of fellow comic book Virtuoso. No hurt feelings congressman, we're all big boys. I apologize if I seemed cross.

Y'know...I don't agree with everything Binder says, but he is consistent, and logical and you know exactly where he is coming from.

And he doesn't ride anyone's jock like some like to do. That's one of the reasons feats are not objectively scrutinized. I find it humorous that some here object to Binder's responses as rude and discourteous, when I know FOR A FACT that at least a few of you here have been far less courteous to others on these forums.

I for one look forward to more of your posts. I find them educational and funny. No apologies necessary.

ximpossibrux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#311  Edited By ximpossibrux

At least Binder supports all his claims with scans and facts. 90% of this site throws out garbage, which erupts into a shitstorm.

Malevolent1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#312  Edited By Malevolent1

@laflux said:

While I respect you for mentioning the term rustled jimmies, why do you continue to attack liberals?

It's a joke that was covered a few weeks ago. He is discussing the "liberal" way in which some interpret feats on the battle forums (vs his "conservative" interpretation of the same feats). It really has nothing to do with politics.

Malevolent1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#313  Edited By Malevolent1

@XImpossibruX said:

At least Binder supports all his claims with scans and facts. 90% of this site throws out garbage, which erupts into a shitstorm.

Underscore facts. That's why so many of these guys are angry. Many on these boards, I have come to realize, do indeed cherry pick then lowball the character they are not promoting.

I HATE Binder.

LOL!!

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#314  Edited By Killemall

@xxxddd said:

@jashro44 said:

I disagree with the underlined part :)

@XImpossibruX: I think what he is doing is awesome, and respectable (in most instances), its the attitude we dont like. Also contrary to what Blind and full of fail is claiming, he did NOT ask the for the thread to be locked, the thread was locked against his wishes which he is trying to lie about, which is weird.

Avatar image for rudebomberboy01
RudeBomberBoy01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#315  Edited By RudeBomberBoy01

Oh for the love of God, I hope this thread doesn't get locked due to one users douchebaggery.

Binder_full_of_Women

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Killemall said:

@xxxddd said:

@jashro44 said:

I disagree with the underlined part :)

@XImpossibruX: I think what he is doing is awesome, and respectable (in most instances), its the attitude we dont like. Also contrary to what Blind and full of fail is claiming, he did NOT ask the for the thread to be locked, the thread was locked against his wishes which he is trying to lie about, which is weird.

More like you don't like being corrected. Did I say reading your post is going to Killemallmybraincells? Did I imply I was better than you or anyone else? What exactly about my attitude is so off putting? You don't like my attitude so you automatically stoop to insulting me? How can you and your friends talk about my attitude when it's ou cant make a statement without resorting to grade school level put downs?

Would you like to be invited to the private messages i sent? I think It's weird that you make this statement when you have no way of knowing. I'd invite Razzatazz here but I don't feel like I need to prove anything to you.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#317  Edited By Killemall

How much can you lie Mr. full of fails?

Also sorry not directly replying to your post, you are gonna act all smug and douchy, whats the point :)

You are full of fail, i am going to call you Blind_and_full_of_fail, you got problem with that, sorry cant help =) Its just the way it is.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#318  Edited By Lvenger

More like you don't like being corrected. Did I say reading your post is going to Killemallmybraincells? Did I imply I was better than you or anyone else? What exactly about my attitude is so off putting? You don't like my attitude so you automatically stoop to insulting me? How can you and your friends talk about my attitude when it's ou cant make a statement without resorting to grade school level put downs?

Would you like to be invited to the private messages i sent? I think It's weird that you make this statement when you no you have no way of knowing. I'd invite Razzatazz here but what do I need to prove to someone like you?

I've had enough of your arrogant schoolchild attitude to your posts. Cut it out. Now. I and many others are sick and tired of your misguided attempts to 'correct' our misconceptions by posting infantile posts coupled with immature pictures. Learn some manners and stop feeling up yourself like you're the saviour of debating and feats. You're far from it and you're dragging this thread down into the depths your thread went to. I don't want this far superior version of your original thread locked. Capiche?

@XImpossibruX said:

Scans and facts he usually twists and misshapes to his advantage. The guy might not throw out pure garbage but he twists what he says into rubbish.

Avatar image for texasdeathmatch
texasdeathmatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#319  Edited By texasdeathmatch  Online

Is this thread seriously just about Binder now? 

Binder_full_of_Women

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Malevolent1 said:

@Esquire said:

@Binder_full_of_Women

I was typing up a nice big response when I saw Bane's new post above, including on-panel statements and proper contexts in all their radiant glory. So I decided it wasn't worth it. I genuinely hope you enjoy the rest of your time here on the Vine, and I apologize if you felt I was offensive or attacking in my previous posts.

You shouldn't let another persons opinion make you think what you have to say isn't worth saying. Personally Bane's post left me in want. And I genuinely appreciate the warm welcome of fellow comic book Virtuoso. No hurt feelings congressman, we're all big boys. I apologize if I seemed cross.

Y'know...I don't agree with everything Binder says, but he is consistent, and logical and you know exactly where he is coming from.

And he doesn't ride anyone's jock like some like to do. That's one of the reasons feats are not objectively scrutinized. I find it humorous that some here object to Binder's responses as rude and discourteous, when I know FOR A FACT that at least a few of you here have been far less courteous to others on these forums.

I for one look forward to more of your posts. I find them educational and funny. No apologies necessary.

I also think this is sort of humorous. How dare you post a picture in response to other users insulting you; you're such a douche Binder!! I've had people ignore the words on panel just so they could continue wanking. There was this one guy who just took a random photo and lied about a feat; then people got mad at me for trying to tell them. The amount of crazy that comes out of people over something as silly as comic books is an interesting experience.

I value your support. Vote Binder. On second thought, he's a douche. F Binder.

Avatar image for texasdeathmatch
texasdeathmatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#321  Edited By texasdeathmatch  Online

Let's get back on track, gents. I was actually enjoying this thread until it became a "what a terrible person Binder is" thread.

Binder_full_of_Women

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Lvenger said:

I've had enough of your arrogant schoolchild attitude to your posts. Cut it out. Now.
No Caption Provided
I and many others are sick and tired of your misguided attempts to 'correct' our misconceptions by posting infantile posts coupled with immature pictures.
well then gtfo
well then gtfo
Scans and facts he usually twists and misshapes to his advantage. The guy might not throw out pure garbage but he twists what he says into rubbish.

You took a random picture of Superman in chains; admitted you didn't know the context; you decided to make up a feat to go with the picture. But you're telling people I twist facts?

No Caption Provided
Malevolent1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#323  Edited By Malevolent1

I. LOVE. THIS. THREAD.

No Caption Provided
slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#324  Edited By slimj87d

I would also like for people to cover things that have been retconned and still used in updated current battles. 

Like the infinity gauntlet for example if someone wants to tackle that. 

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#325  Edited By slimj87d
@SlimJ87D said:
Something I want to try an analyze and debunk is the following. 
  Killemall and I have had a discussion on what defines a multiverse. But from official definition, a multiverse consists of many universes that are very similar and loosely based on each other.   In the Chaos War story line, I believe this has to be a typo because honestly throughout the story we never EVER see the Chaos King actually consume other Multiverses like the Ultimate universe, etc. So what's up with this? We only see him attacking and affecting the 616 universe. Is that not strange? How does everyone else feel about this? Or did I miss the scene where he invades another Universe? 
i'm on to something here guys. More proof that this maybe a typo or Marvel is deciding to change their terms. The multiverse maybe the new universe and the omniverse maybe the new multiverse. 

The Captain Britain squad watches over the "omniverse." Here they are in Earth-666 which he considers part of the omniverse. 

Chaos King and Chaos Hercules might not be as powerful as we all thought.  To further this discussion, I summon my friend @Killemall

No Caption Provided
Om4zd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#326  Edited By Om4zd

@SlimJ87D: Been meaning to ask,

Cap's strength is above what it says on the wiki right?

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#327  Edited By Killemall

@SlimJ87D: I have no clue what to add to that :p sorry!

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#328  Edited By laflux

@Killemall said:

@SlimJ87D: I have no clue what to add to that :p sorry!

Killemall has nothing to add to a cosmic discussion?

*Head explodes*

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#329  Edited By Killemall

@Om4zd: Its never been consistent. Also Cap at times is said to be peak human, at times enhanced human. Its goes back and forth. I think Slim's poit was to go with the words of a writer who has wrote most of Cap's solo series.

Hard to put a top strength on him. I think i saw him being 2 tonner somewhere, cant remember.

Om4zd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#330  Edited By Om4zd

@Killemall: I see, I think it would be wise to follow the Marvel Now Cap and see how it goes

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#331  Edited By slimj87d
@Killemall: Well how can we trust Amadous Cho with calculations on a cosmic level? I think it's hard to believe that Chaos King is multiversal yet he is never shown to conquer anything outside of the 616 Universe did he? I haven't seen any scans of him doing so. We only see him attacking Earth 616. If he he really did conquer and absorbed 98 percent of all of marvel, how come it was so hard for him to find the pantheon of gods.  

There are just so many things that are starting to work my mind into thinking Amadous Cho is either not as smart as we think he is, or the writers did a typo. But can Chaos King really take on the Superman thought robot? Or other multiversal beings? 
slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#332  Edited By slimj87d
@Killemall@Om4zd :   
If you read Ed Brubaker's series, he actually displayed Captain America IMO weaker than all the other incarnations of Captain America. I never saw Captain America do anything too insane until they relaunched him back to number 1 in volume 6.   

His whole Volume 5 run had him perform close to Batman. The one where he ran 60 MPH was Ed Brubaker too but it was a special comic on the side to explain Bucky's love interest in France.  

But feat wise, Ed Brubaker ironically never displayed too many unbelievable feats as other Captain America authors yet he explains in 3 separate interviews that Captain America has been displayed to perform feats far above DD who should be considered close to the peak of a normal man.   

Bucky is another person that I would consider close to peak and he comments on Cap being 3 times stronger, faster, etc than him. The math makes sense here as well as the fastest mile time is in the upper 3 minutes and 40 seconds mark, dividing that by 3 gives you close to 60 MPH.  

The handbooks are really hard trust sometimes because a lot of times feats prove otherwise.  
Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#333  Edited By Killemall

@SlimJ87D: Superman though robot is equally similar, apart from Monitors saying Mandraxx was a threat to multiverse, and Mandraxx himself saying the blood of 52 universes courses through my vein and i hit you with a blast a million suns, he really has nothing to so for either. But problem is when you reach that high its all you get.

The 98% of the multiverse was re-iternated during Thor Annual 01 (2012) by Oblivion.Its been mentioned in the bios as well, so its not Cho own words.

(unrelated) Also i just recent got Ed's run on captain America and Bucky thats vol 5 and 6 with the new numbering as well and 11 issue solo series on Bucky, will being reading that when i finish the current series i am reading.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#334  Edited By slimj87d
@Killemall: Nice! I hope you like it. I think it was more exciting reading it monthly due to cliff hangers, but I'm sure it will be equally as good for you to read.   

But about the multiverse thing, it seems that in Secret Avengers the Omniverse is the new multiverse. Where before the Multiverse consisted of a bunch of Earth XXXX, the Omniverse is that according to the Captain Britain squad or whatever. They consider themselves the watchers of the Omniverse and they travel to different Earth XXXXs. So I'm wondering if they are changing terms for consistency or something. 
Hyper_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#335  Edited By Hyper_God

@SlimJ87D said:

@SlimJ87D said:
Something I want to try an analyze and debunk is the following.
Killemall and I have had a discussion on what defines a multiverse. But from official definition, a multiverse consists of many universes that are very similar and loosely based on each other. In the Chaos War story line, I believe this has to be a typo because honestly throughout the story we never EVER see the Chaos King actually consume other Multiverses like the Ultimate universe, etc. So what's up with this? We only see him attacking and affecting the 616 universe. Is that not strange? How does everyone else feel about this? Or did I miss the scene where he invades another Universe?
i'm on to something here guys. More proof that this maybe a typo or Marvel is deciding to change their terms. The multiverse maybe the new universe and the omniverse maybe the new multiverse.

The Captain Britain squad watches over the "omniverse." Here they are in Earth-666 which he considers part of the omniverse.

Chaos King and Chaos Hercules might not be as powerful as we all thought. To further this discussion, I summon my friend @Killemall:

Nope, all it goes to show is that Marvel's cosmology department is run by hacks . They often confuse the terms "universe" and "multiverse" just for the fun of it . Sometimes they'll even go so far as to equate the 2 terms . This particular scan(although decades old) should be proof enough :

Then there are instances which showcase that 616-Eternity IS Multi-Eternity , or at the very least the core of Multi-Eternity's essence is contained within the 616-reality(which also happens to be the PRIME reality as has been expounded upon a number of times by Roma) :

Here during the period when Genis and Entropy killed Eternity and remade all Creation , again it was mentioned that Eternity's essence encompasses the entirety of the Multiverse :

To further extrapolate upon my point , we have an instance where an alternate Eternity claims that he's merely an aspect of "all Eternity"(whether this means the true 616-Eternity or Captain Universe's Multi-Eternity is anyone's guess) :

In fact a better example would be Lucifer . Throughout his 75 issue run on the character Mike Carey had everyone from Jill Presto to freaking Yahweh himself either outright call it or allude to Lucifer's reality as being a universe . Then in the Nirvana one-shot Lucifer tells Mazikeen that his creation is actually a multiverse . And seeing how out-of-character it would be for him to lie , that statement has to be taken at face value .

Then we have Franklin Richards who(pre-Heroes Reborn) created what can most certainly be called a multiverse when he unknowingly channeled his energies through the Nexus Being known as Man-Thing(Franklin's power was so potent that it was slowly killing Man-Thing from the inside) :

Moral of the story is : Different writers have different takes on what constitutes a universe or a multiverse . These people aren't cosmologists . Even in the same storylines a writer can end up confusing the two terms because they don't know any better .

This particular facet can't really be debunked or deconstructed imo considering the number of inconsistencies that are involved throughout comic book history of these showings .

If according to Eternity , the Chaos King was both his literal and metaphorical equal , and if Eternity is indeed the essences of the Multiverse , then it becomes very hard to debate whether or not Mikaboshi did blow up the Multiverse . But even if you want to dismiss that particular statement from Cho as inaccurate hyperbole , how do you take into account what Oblivion himself stated about the "Chaos King coming so very close" ?

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#336  Edited By slimj87d
@Hyper_God: Interesting! Thanks.  

Well by definition, literally the English definition of a multiverse is a collection of universes that are all very closely based on each other according to these sources.  

Notes

1. ^  James, William, The Will to Believe, 1895; and earlier in 1895, as cited in OED's new 2003 entry for "multiverse": "1895 W. JAMES in Internat. Jrnl. Ethics 6 10. Visible nature is all plasticity and indifference, a multiverse, as one might call it, and not a universe."
  2. ^  Tegmark, Max (May 2003). "Parallel Universes". Scientific American.
  3. ^  Tegmark, Max (23 January 2003) (PDF). Parallel Universes . Retrieved 7 February 2006.
  4. ^  Max Tegmark (2003). "Parallel Universes". In "Science and Ultimate Reality: from Quantum to Cosmos", honoring John Wheeler's 90th birthday. J. D. Barrow, P.C.W. Davies, & C.L. Harper eds. Cambridge University Press (2003)arXiv:astro-ph/0302131Bibcode 2003astro.ph..2131T.
  5.      "Parallel universes. Not just a staple of science fiction, other universes are a direct implication of cosmological observations.", Tegmark M., Sci Am. 2003 May;288(5):40-51.
  6. ^  Zyga, Lisa "Physicists Calculate Number of Parallel Universes"PhysOrg, 16 October 2009.
  7. ^  Tegmark, Max, The Interpretation of Quantum Mechanics: Many Worlds or Many Words?, 1998. Deutsch, David, David Deutsch's Many Worlds, Frontiers, 1998.
  8. ^  Tegmark, Max (23 January 2003) (PDF). Parallel Universes . Retrieved 7 February 2006. (PDF).
  9. ^  J. Schmidhuber (1997): A Computer Scientist's View of Life, the Universe, and Everything. Lecture Notes in Computer Science, pp. 201-208, Springer: IDSIA - Dalle Molle Institute for Artificial Intelligence
  10. ^  J. Schmidhuber (2000): Algorithmic Theories of Everything arXiv.org e-Print archive
  11. ^  J. Schmidhuber (2002): Hierarchies of generalized Kolmogorov complexities and nonenumerable universal measures computable in the limit. International Journal of Foundations of Computer Science 13(4):587-612 IDSIA - Dalle Molle Institute for Artificial Intelligence
  12. ^  J. Schmidhuber (2002): The Speed Prior: A New Simplicity Measure Yielding Near-Optimal Computable Predictions. Proc. 15th Annual Conference on Computational Learning Theory (COLT 2002), Sydney, Australia, Lecture Notes in Artificial Intelligence, pp. 216-228. Springer: IDSIA - Dalle Molle Institute for Artificial Intelligence
  13. ^  Steven Weinberg(2005)"Living in the Multiverse"
  14.    Richard J Szabo, An introduction to string theory and D-brane dynamics (2004)
  15.    Maurizio Gasperini, Elements of String Cosmology (2007)
  16. ^  Paul HalpernThe Great Beyond, 2005
  17. ^  Davies, Paul (12 April 2003). "A Brief History of the Multiverse"New York Times . Retrieved 16 August 2011.
  18. ^  George Ellis (2011). "Does the Multiverse Really Exist?"Scientific American 305(2): 38–43 . Retrieved 16 August 2011.
  19. ^  Trinh, Xuan Thuan (2006). Staune, Jean. ed. Science & the Search for Meaning: Perspectives from International Scientists. West Conshohocken, PA: Templeton Foundation. p. 186. ISBN 1-59947-102-7.
  20. ^  Lewis, David (1986). On the Plurality of Worlds. Basil Blackwell. ISBN 0-631-22426-2.
  21. ^  Deutsch, Harry, "Relative Identity", The Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy (Summer '02), Edward N. Zalta (ed.)
  22. ^  Paul B. Kantor "The Interpretation of Cultures and Possible Worlds", 1 October 2002
  23. ^  IngentaConnect Home
  24. ^  The Australian National University

So Marvel shouldn't have a hard time mixing these terms up. Putting that aside, isn't Oblivion suppose to be equals to Infinity? There actually exist multiple versions of Infinity according to various hand books. 

Infinity (Entity)
1998 Silver Surfer cartoon
(Earth-634962

Entity
Akhenaten conquered Earth
(Earth-4321

Entity
Mainstream Continuity
(Earth-616

So is Oblivion really multiversal himself? Multiversal as in he is the same Oblivion in all of Marvel universes like the Living Tribunal is the same LT in all Universes. 
Hyper_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#337  Edited By Hyper_God

@SlimJ87D said:

@Hyper_God: Interesting! Thanks.

Well by definition, literally the English definition of a multiverse is a collection of universes that are all very closely based on each other according to these sources.

Notes

1. ^ James, William, The Will to Believe, 1895; and earlier in 1895, as cited in OED's new 2003 entry for "multiverse": "1895 W. JAMES in Internat. Jrnl. Ethics 6 10. Visible nature is all plasticity and indifference, a multiverse, as one might call it, and not a universe."
  2. ^ Tegmark, Max (May 2003). "Parallel Universes". Scientific American.
  3. ^ Tegmark, Max (23 January 2003) (PDF). Parallel Universes . Retrieved 7 February 2006.
  4. ^ Max Tegmark (2003). "Parallel Universes". In "Science and Ultimate Reality: from Quantum to Cosmos", honoring John Wheeler's 90th birthday. J. D. Barrow, P.C.W. Davies, & C.L. Harper eds. Cambridge University Press (2003). arXiv:astro-ph/0302131. Bibcode2003astro.ph..2131T.
  5. ^ "Parallel universes. Not just a staple of science fiction, other universes are a direct implication of cosmological observations.", Tegmark M., Sci Am. 2003 May;288(5):40-51.
  6. ^ Zyga, Lisa "Physicists Calculate Number of Parallel Universes", PhysOrg, 16 October 2009.
  7. ^Tegmark, Max,The Interpretation of Quantum Mechanics: Many Worlds or Many Words?, 1998. Deutsch, David, David Deutsch's Many Worlds, Frontiers, 1998.
  8. ^ Tegmark, Max (23 January 2003) (PDF). Parallel Universes . Retrieved 7 February 2006. (PDF).
  9. ^J. Schmidhuber (1997): A Computer Scientist's View of Life, the Universe, and Everything. Lecture Notes in Computer Science, pp. 201-208, Springer: IDSIA - Dalle Molle Institute for Artificial Intelligence
  10. ^J. Schmidhuber (2000): Algorithmic Theories of Everything arXiv.org e-Print archive
  11. ^J. Schmidhuber (2002): Hierarchies of generalized Kolmogorov complexities and nonenumerable universal measures computable in the limit. International Journal of Foundations of Computer Science 13(4):587-612 IDSIA - Dalle Molle Institute for Artificial Intelligence
  12. ^J. Schmidhuber (2002): The Speed Prior: A New Simplicity Measure Yielding Near-Optimal Computable Predictions. Proc. 15th Annual Conference on Computational Learning Theory (COLT 2002), Sydney, Australia, Lecture Notes in Artificial Intelligence, pp. 216-228. Springer: IDSIA - Dalle Molle Institute for Artificial Intelligence
  13. ^ Steven Weinberg(2005)"Living in the Multiverse"
  14. ^ Richard J Szabo, An introduction to string theory and D-brane dynamics (2004)
  15. ^ Maurizio Gasperini, Elements of String Cosmology (2007)
  16. ^Paul Halpern, The Great Beyond, 2005
  17. ^ Davies, Paul (12 April 2003). "A Brief History of the Multiverse". New York Times . Retrieved 16 August 2011.
  18. ^ George Ellis (2011). "Does the Multiverse Really Exist?". Scientific American305(2): 38–43 . Retrieved 16 August 2011.
  19. ^ Trinh, Xuan Thuan (2006). Staune, Jean. ed. Science & the Search for Meaning: Perspectives from International Scientists. West Conshohocken, PA: Templeton Foundation. p. 186. ISBN1-59947-102-7.
  20. ^ Lewis, David (1986). On the Plurality of Worlds. Basil Blackwell. ISBN0-631-22426-2.
  21. ^Deutsch, Harry, "Relative Identity", The Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy (Summer '02), Edward N. Zalta (ed.)
  22. ^Paul B. Kantor "The Interpretation of Cultures and Possible Worlds", 1 October 2002
  23. ^IngentaConnect Home
  24. ^The Australian National University
So Marvel shouldn't have a hard time mixing these terms up.

Stories are driven according to plots . If it suits a Marvel writer to utilize a crap hyperbole to make their story sound cooler , more interesting or some such sh1t like that , they'll go ahead and do so , real life scientific terminologies be damned .

Putting that aside, isn't Oblivion suppose to be equals to Infinity? There actually exist multiple versions of Infinity according to various hand books.

Infinity (Entity)
1998 Silver Surfer cartoon
(Earth-634962 )

Entity
Akhenaten conquered Earth
(Earth-4321 )

Entity
Mainstream Continuity
(Earth-616 )

That's a presumption made by the writers of that wiki article . Marvel has never officially acknowledged that cartoon series like that were part of their multiversal/omniversal hierarchy .

The Earth-4321 link doesn't clarify anything because Thanos' Nova Corps profile during Annihilation alluded that "Marvel :The End" was canon . That in itself makes it unclear whether or not the Infinity that you've linked to is from 616(which is more likely) or 4321 .

As far as Infinity's power level goes , Odin's dark counterpart engaged Odin in a near-universe ending war , by tapping into a small portion of her power . That should give one some indication of the character's power .

Yes they are equals and in an actual on-panel fight their stalemate demonstrated such an idea .

So is Oblivion really multiversal himself? Multiversal as in he is the same Oblivion in all of Marvel universes like the Living Tribunal is the same LT in all Universes.

In terms of his status , maybe not . Although as far as I know , an alternate counterpart of Oblivion has neither been seen on-panel nor has there ever been an indication that the Abstract entity exists in such an order .

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#338  Edited By slimj87d
@Hyper_God: But the list of these multiverses come from these handbooks. Or am I wrong? in the book itself, it even defines what a Multiverse is to them from my memory. I only had my hands on it for a few minutes before my comic book guy shouted "This isn't a library"

• Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe: Alternate Universes 2005
  • X-Men: Millennial Visions #2000
  • Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe A-Z (Hardcover) Vol. 2-5

So that being said, Oblivion could very well exist as an alternative being if Infinity does as well. And Chaos King consuming a multiverse could be a hyperbole or a new consistency that goes along with Secret Avengers now calling the alternative universes an Omniverse.  

These inconsistencies just make me wonder. I might have to ask the author of Chaos War if I meet him at Comic Con what he meant by multiverse exactly. You should actually try contributing to those wiki entries, I have. And you can only get your entries in if you can reference where you got your information from. They're actually not as bad as they were years ago. 

They didn't make up those numbers, those should be found in the handbook I posted up there. 
Hyper_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#339  Edited By Hyper_God

@SlimJ87D said:

@Hyper_God: But the list of these multiverses come from these handbooks. Or am I wrong? in the book itself, it even defines what a Multiverse is to them from my memory. I only had my hands on it for a few minutes before my comic book guy shouted "This isn't a library"

• X-Men: Millennial Visions #2000
So that being said, Oblivion could very well exist as an alternative being if Infinity does as well. And Chaos King consuming a multiverse could be a hyperbole or a new consistency that goes along with Secret Avengers now calling the alternative universes an Omniverse. These inconsistencies just make me wonder. I might have to ask the author of Chaos War if I meet him at Comic Con what he meant by multiverse exactly. You should actually try contributing to those wiki entries, I have. And you can only get your entries in if you can reference where you got your information from. They're actually not as bad as they were years ago. They didn't make up those numbers, those should be found in the handbook I posted up there.

I am not saying you're wrong , I am saying that handbook bio evidence in itself can't override what was shown or alluded to in Thanos' Nova Corps entry . Thanos was described as a reality-ender in that description , and barring the HoTU incident , Thanos has NEVER partaken in such an endeavor .

Or that particular Infinity , like Eternity , is probably just an aspect of the true Infinity no ?

I am sorry but I never go to wikis for anything . That's a resolve that I am unwilling to break .

As far as number-making goes , they did make up the universe sign-number for the reality which Hickman's Future Franklin and Valeria supposedly came from even though there is no on-panel evidence(or even handbook bio evidence seeing how these characters don't even have bio entries yet) indicating such a thing . Here's the link : http://marvel.wikia.com/Earth-10235

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#340  Edited By slimj87d

@Hyper_God said:

@SlimJ87D said:

@Hyper_God: But the list of these multiverses come from these handbooks. Or am I wrong? in the book itself, it even defines what a Multiverse is to them from my memory. I only had my hands on it for a few minutes before my comic book guy shouted "This isn't a library"

• X-Men: Millennial Visions #2000
So that being said, Oblivion could very well exist as an alternative being if Infinity does as well. And Chaos King consuming a multiverse could be a hyperbole or a new consistency that goes along with Secret Avengers now calling the alternative universes an Omniverse. These inconsistencies just make me wonder. I might have to ask the author of Chaos War if I meet him at Comic Con what he meant by multiverse exactly. You should actually try contributing to those wiki entries, I have. And you can only get your entries in if you can reference where you got your information from. They're actually not as bad as they were years ago. They didn't make up those numbers, those should be found in the handbook I posted up there.

I am not saying you're wrong , I am saying that handbook bio evidence in itself can't override what was shown or alluded to in Thanos' Nova Corps entry . Thanos was described as a reality-ender in that description , and barring the HoTU incident , Thanos has NEVER partaken in such an endeavor .

Or that particular Infinity , like Eternity , is probably just an aspect of the true Infinity no ?

I am sorry but I never go to wikis for anything . That's a resolve that I am unwilling to break .

As far as number-making goes , they did make up the universe sign-number for the reality which Hickman's Future Franklin and Valeria supposedly came from even though there is no on-panel evidence(or even handbook bio evidence seeing how these characters don't even have bio entries yet) indicating such a thing . Here's the link : http://marvel.wikia.com/Earth-10235

Don't worry, I'm taking this as a friendly discussion.

I don't think nothing is wrong with using Wikis, but I think not knowing how to use a wiki can lead to being a problem. Wikipedia for example should not be quoted, but mostly everything that is written can be referenced somewhere if you click the [#] it will take you to the source. Knowing how to use a wiki or wikia can be a very powerful tool, but using it when it has no references whatsoever is a big no no.

Often times comics will show you the earth they are in. They don't necessarily have to appear in a bio, etc. For example, Earth-666 doesn't have a bio, but it is completely official. How do I know? Well in the wiki entry I see this

http://marvel.wikia.com/Earth-666

Then I scroll to the right side and see this:

First appearance

Secret Avengers #33

(December, 2012)

Then I go to Secret Avengers #33 and Secret Avengers #34 and I found this

No Caption Provided

It says Earth-666 in the upper left corner. It's official

As for Earth-10235, I don't know. Maybe it appeared here.

From the page, its first and last appearences are as followed:

Fantastic Four #581

(September, 2010)

Fantastic Four #582

(October, 2010)

I don't have time to confirm it for you because I am helping my GF move, but if you wanted, you can either check those issues or e-mail the person that wrote the page and ask them for yourself if you are really that intrigued. There's a good chance he'll direct you in the right direction.

Hyper_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#341  Edited By Hyper_God

@SlimJ87D said:

No Caption Provided

Don't worry, I'm taking this as a friendly discussion.

I don't think nothing is wrong with using Wikis, but I think not knowing how to use a wiki can lead to being a problem. Wikipedia for example should not be quoted, but mostly everything that is written can be referenced somewhere if you click the [#] it will take you to the source. Knowing how to use a wiki or wikia can be a very powerful tool, but using it when it has no references whatsoever is a big no no.

Often times comics will show you the earth they are in. They don't necessarily have to appear in a bio, etc. For example, Earth-666 doesn't have a bio, but it is completely official. How do I know? Well in the wiki entry I see this

http://marvel.wikia.com/Earth-666

Then I scroll to the right side and see this:

First appearance

Secret Avengers #33

(December, 2012)

Then I go to Secret Avengers #33 and Secret Avengers #34 and I found this

It says Earth-666 in the upper left corner. It's official

As for Earth-10235, I don't know. Maybe it appeared here.

From the page, its first and last appearences are as followed:

Fantastic Four #581

(September, 2010)

Fantastic Four #582

(October, 2010)

I don't have time to confirm it for you because I am helping my GF move, but if you wanted, you can either check those issues or e-mail the person that wrote the page and ask them for yourself if you are really that intrigued. There's a good chance he'll direct you in the right direction.

Nobody is disputing whether or not alternate realities are designated with Earth-numbers . That's not even relevant to the discussion imo .

The wiki thing is a personal issue of mine . I do know how to use a wiki , its just that I simply prefer not to . I find the practice quite distasteful and abhorrent(no offense to those who do utilize wikis) tbh . Again , I am not breaking my resolve here .

I have read both #581 and #582 and there's nothing to indicate within those comics that Franklin and Valeria's future incarnations came from Earth-10235 .

Earth-10235 is a made up number because Hickman never revealed it either on-panel or off-panel and Mr Franklin and Future Val don't have bio entries yet to prove such an assertion .

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#342  Edited By slimj87d

@Hyper_God: Never was disputing the Earth-XXXX stuff, thought we both agreed on that. To each his own then. Well hopefully the Earth future Val and Franklin will one day be revealed.

Hyper_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#343  Edited By Hyper_God

@SlimJ87D said:

@Hyper_God: Never was disputing the Earth-XXXX stuff, thought we both agreed on that.

Neither did I .

Well hopefully the Earth future Val and Franklin will one day be revealed.

Honestly speaking I don't care . With Fraction on the F4/FF-helms now , that entire arc is most likely going to be forgotten , ignored or retconned .

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#344  Edited By slimj87d

@Hyper_God: Wait, lastly I never got your opinion on Chaos King. Do you really think he went and took over multiple other universes in Marvel or did you feel the writer meant for Multiverse to just be 616?

Hyper_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#345  Edited By Hyper_God

@SlimJ87D said:

@Hyper_God: Wait, lastly I never got your opinion on Chaos King. Do you really think he went and took over multiple other universes in Marvel or did you feel the writer meant for Multiverse to just be 616?

Seeing how he'd already devoured so many pantheons and how Eternity himself implied him as an equal , its quite likely that he did end up blowing up the multiverse . But then again it may have been an instance of Greg Pak simply being a hack(the whole of Chaos War is proof of that) and making an error which in his eyes may not have been relevant but which makes life all the more difficult for battleboarders like you and me .

Coupled with the fact that if CK did end up annihilating most of the multiverse , then that puts Galactus , Scrier and the Other in the trans-multiversal buster range , an idea which I find grossly unappealing .

In a nutshell : I am undecided .

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#346  Edited By slimj87d

@Hyper_God: I feel the same way at this point. Just going to avoid Chaos War battle threads from now on. It's more of a debate on technicalities than anything really interesting.

DocFatalis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#347  Edited By DocFatalis

@SlimJ87D said:

@Hyper_God: I feel the same way at this point. Just going to avoid Chaos War battle threads from now on. It's more of a debate on technicalities than anything really interesting.

Chaos War was in my opinion something to avoid in general. I sincerely hope that writers will carefully not allude to it in the future.

Jayfournines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#348  Edited By Jayfournines

I wanna get something clear, was that Avengers feat where Hulk smacks Thor with his own hammer canon? Seriously?

80sBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#349  Edited By 80sBaby

Yes, it was, Jay. But Hulk IS physically above Thor (and Hercules, for that matter.) It's been that way for awhile now. Perhaps I should debunk that, hmmm?

Jayfournines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#350  Edited By Jayfournines

@80sBaby said:

Yes, it was, Jay. But Hulk IS physically above Thor (and Hercules, for that matter.) It's been that way for awhile now. Perhaps I should debunk that, hmmm?

you're one of the few people whose Hulk knowledge I trust, if you could prove that Hulk is superior physically to Thor and Hercules I would really appreciate it.