#751 Posted by SlimJ87D (9241 posts) - - Show Bio

@Fetts: Do you remember which page it's on?

#753 Posted by Floopay (8552 posts) - - Show Bio

@NeonGameWave: Many people don't realize that OS is canon to GT but GT is not canon to OS.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#754 Edited by toptom (1155 posts) - - Show Bio

hi guys! i want to debunk the feat in which mj seems to survive an explosion that destroyed the earth and the moon.

here majestic has triggered some kind of huge space-time explosion by stabbing hadrian ( who was merged with the Void) with his sword. he does that since both him and hadrian want to release the void's power to restore the previous time line,because the demonites have conquered the earth.

mj and hadrian agreeded that if hadrian could not control all that power they would both die in the explosion. however their calculations were right:that blast managed to send mj back in time. i don't think that this feat should be used in a fight since that was not simply an explosion,plus mj was surrounded by the Void's aura.

so right after the blast, we can see mj appear behind his "past self" right before he got sucked into a bleedgate ( other tempral stuff..),then he destroys that portal and states he has never doubted that hadrian,his friend, could do what he asked of him. What is most important,i think, is that there were absolutely no signs of the explosion on mr majestic. If he has really took that blast he would have been severely damaged by it: he is not so durable to take a planetary explosion wtihout a scratch since he gets damaged by far less force in his comics.Actually, right after the burst, he was in a better shape than before: he is wearing his cape,even if some moments before he wasn't wearing it...since he just cancelled the previous time line.

#755 Posted by Fetts (4327 posts) - - Show Bio
@SlimJ87D: Ha no. I just noticed it in the OP.
#756 Posted by xlab3000 (3114 posts) - - Show Bio

Is Tsuna MFTL based on the manga scans or is that a hyperbole

#757 Posted by Nerx (15088 posts) - - Show Bio
#758 Edited by xlab3000 (3114 posts) - - Show Bio

@nerx: how? just asking

#759 Posted by Nerx (15088 posts) - - Show Bio

@xlab3000: His reaction can be argued, but he only jabbed his opponent who needs go build up speed to reach that claimed velocity (and this is nearly as bad as the collapsing star/blackhole thing with kozato earlier in the shimon vs vongola arc)

#760 Edited by Bronze_Surfer (2959 posts) - - Show Bio

How was Black Adam stomping all of earth during WW3?

#761 Edited by dccomicsrule2011 (22839 posts) - - Show Bio

How much strength did it take Naruto to lift Pain's Rhino

Here Naruto lifts the Rhino

Calculation for said feat:

By using a free fall calculation ( en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free_fall ), we can determine the amount of time the Rhino would spend falling if it started from a height of 100 meters ( sans air resistance ). g is the acceleration due to gravity ( 9.8 m/s^2 ), v_0 is the initital velocity ( 0 m/s ), as the the Rhino was throw into the air, it needs to come to a full stop before it can start accelerating downwards again ), y(t) is the altitude with respect to time ( we’re looking for an altitude of 0 meters, or the point at which Rhino hit the ground ) 0 and y_0 is our assumed height of 100 meters.

y(t) = (-1/2)gt^2 + (v_0)t + y_0

0m = (-1/2)(9.8m/s^2)t^2 + 0 + 100m

-100m = (-1/2)(9.8m/s^2)t^2

-100m = (-4.9m/s^2)t^2

20.4s^2 = t^2

4.5s = t

So if Naruto threw the Rhino 100 meters up into the air, then it would have taken it 4.5 seconds to go from its highest point to hitting ground. According to physics, the Rhino should have spent approximately the same amount of time accelerating upwards as it spent accelerating downwards, so it should have also taken the Rhino 4.5 seconds to get to its highest point ( 100 meters ) from the time Naruto threw it. This, means that it can be used to find the amount of speed the Rhino needed to reach an altitude of 100 meters to begin with.

d= (V_i)t + (1/2)at^2

100m = (V_i)(4.5s) + (1/2)(-9.8m/s^2)((4.5s)^2)

100m = (V_i)(4.5s) + -99.2m

199m = (V_i)(4.5s)

44m/s = (V_i)

We have the time and distance, and the aceleration is the Rhino’s deceleration due to gravity is it rises. That comes down to a velocity of 44 m/s. Finally, we need to find out by how much Naruto needed to make the Rhino accelerate so as it could from an initial velocity of 0 m/s ( its initial speed obviously not 0 m/s, as it was moving, but it had no velocity in terms of the direction Naruto threw him… upwards ) to our derived velocity of 44 m/s, and over the distance it would have taken him to throw it ( Assuming Naruto just picked up the Rhino and threw it, he should only have had a meters distance. This, of course, would be wrong if Naruto did something strange like pick up the Rhino and cock his arms back before throwing it =P. But we can clearly see Naruto didn’t do that ).

v^2= u^2 + 2ad

(44m/s)^2 = (0m/s)^2 + 2a(1)

1936m/s^2 = 2a

968m/s^2 = a

Multiply this acceleration by our proposed mass of the Rhino ( ~100 tons, or ~100,000 kilograms )….

F = ma

F = (100,000kg)(968m/s^2)

F = 96,800,000 Newtons

Soo, for Naruto to throw the 100 ton Rhino 100 meters into the air, Naruto would have had to apply 96,800,000 Newtons or 9,800 tons of force.

...which would require him to exert over thousands of tons of force.

#764 Edited by Floopay (8552 posts) - - Show Bio

A Rhino weighs 100 tons these days? Doubt it. A Rhino weighs 1-2 tons. Which would put that feet at about (assuming 2 tons), 196 tons of force.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#765 Edited by SlimJ87D (9241 posts) - - Show Bio

@floopay said:

A Rhino weighs 100 tons these days? Doubt it. A Rhino weighs 1-2 tons. Which would put that feet at about (assuming 2 tons), 196 tons of force.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Floopay, the Rhino Naruto threw was 20 times larger than a normal Rhino. Look where Naruto grabs the tip of the horn, he's very tiny compared to the Rhino.

#766 Posted by Floopay (8552 posts) - - Show Bio

@slimj87d said:

@floopay said:

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Floopay, the Rhino Naruto threw was 20 times larger than a normal Rhino. Look where Naruto grabs the tip of the horn, he's very tiny compared to the Rhino.

Maybe 20 times larger, but still far from 100 tons. Even at that size. A male African Grey Elephant (which isn't much smaller than that Rhino), weighs 5-6.5 tons, MAX.

So I'm really really doubting the 100 tons that thing supposedly weighs.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#767 Edited by SlimJ87D (9241 posts) - - Show Bio

@floopay said:

@slimj87d said:

@floopay said:

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Maybe 20 times larger, but still far from 100 tons. Even at that size. A male African Grey Elephant (which isn't much smaller than that Rhino), weighs 5-6.5 tons, MAX.

So I'm really really doubting the 100 tons that thing supposedly weighs.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

You see that dot on the toads head? That's Naruto standing on the Toad. You see the Rhino fighting one of the toads? Narut took this Rhino and threw it dozens of feat in the air.

I think the RHino is at least 75 tons but no less.

#768 Posted by Floopay (8552 posts) - - Show Bio

@slimj87d: After seeing a more clear scan of it's size I would concede 75 tons, but I'd still have a hard time conceding 100 tons (200,000 pounds).

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#769 Edited by xlab3000 (3114 posts) - - Show Bio
#770 Posted by GhostRider2 (3221 posts) - - Show Bio

@xlab3000: he is overrated but don't worry he isn't beating Gogeta, Vegito or Bills also Buu might absorb him.

#771 Edited by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@slimj87d: @floopay: Ummm.. not to but in Slim. Those scans are wrong in size.

Super big Toad.

Jiriaya's Toads.

NOT THAT BIG!

So no that Rhino is roughly larger than a african Elephant, making it at best 10 tons.

So the math is Fanboy at best.

#772 Edited by Simon_the_digger (2817 posts) - - Show Bio

^That pic is just wrong, Jiriaya is way smaller than that.

#773 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

^That pic is just wrong, Jiriaya is way smaller than that.

LOL wrong again.

Nowhere near that big!

#774 Posted by boschePG (2155 posts) - - Show Bio
#775 Posted by SlimJ87D (9241 posts) - - Show Bio

@cadencev2: The toads have varied in size and we could only speculate for reasons why. Handbooks say the stronger and more chakra offered to the summon the stronger they are when they arrive.

So Jiraiya summoning the toads could be very different from Naruto doing so.

Either way none of that matters because what does matter is when Naruto summoned the toad during the fight when he threw the Rhino. We have a scale during that arc and chapter that gives us enough information as to how big the Rhino is.

#777 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@slimj87d said:

@cadencev2: The toads have varied in size and we could only speculate for reasons why. Handbooks say the stronger and more chakra offered to the summon the stronger they are when they arrive.

So Jiraiya summoning the toads could be very different from Naruto doing so.

Either way none of that matters because what does matter is when Naruto summoned the toad during the fight when he threw the Rhino. We have a scale during that arc and chapter that gives us enough information as to how big the Rhino is.

maybe, but then why wasnt Pains summons super huge like that? His were as large as Jiraiya. It makes no sense to me now. Naruto is full of ****. Not one of my favorite Mangas, tho fun to watch at times.

#778 Posted by MonsterStomp (15134 posts) - - Show Bio

Scorpion (Mortal Kombat) vs The Penance Stare

Note: Not sure if this has been done.

Yes, I see this on the long debated Scorpion vs Ghost Rider debates and I'm still unsatisfied with the lack of compelling evidence put forth on this one. So if anyone is willing to defend Ghost Riders point of view by supplying necessary evidence to the contraire, I have a few points that need debunking (if need be). Through each point I will be asking questions to open up new arguments. So I'm asking you to help me debunk this, once and for all.

Goal: To get a clear understanding on how the Penance Stare works and if it will work on Scorpion.

Expectations: My mind remains unchanged to the fact that Scorpion can resist the PS. Hopefully someone can put forth evidence to debunk these points and end this argument once and for all.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

1. The Penance Stare: http://marvel.wikia.com/Penance_Stare

"When in close combat, the Ghost Rider locks eyes with his victim and makes him or her feel every pain that that individual has ever inflicted on anyone else innocent in their lifetime. Its effects are similar to the soul searing effect of hellfire. Although it can backfire with certain individuals."

Lets start with hellfire. This is probably the prime resemblance between Scorpion and Ghost Rider. Both characters are associated with the manipulation of hellfire. Naturally, if one can spew forth hellfire from their mouths, i.e Scorpion, I'd assume one is immune to its effects.

Question: Is Ghost Rider's hellfire more potent than Scorpion's? If so, how?

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

2. Scorpion's soul pre-Alternative Timeline: http://mortalkombat.wikia.com/wiki/Scorpion/Original_Timeline

Question: Does the penance stare work on a being with a boundless soul?

Scorpion's soul is not bound to him. He's always spoke of his soul as if its another person, always fighting for it to finally rest. In the original timeline Quan Chi resurrected Scorpion and made a deal with him. Scorpion had to avenge his family and clan for what Sub Zero was "accused" of doing and in return Scorpion's soul will be at peace, until then his soul remained but a waste in the Netherrealm.

Mortal Kombat IV:

Scorpion: By defeating you, Sub-Zero, I have avenged the death of my family and clan. Now my soul can finally rest.

Sub-Zero: Your soul will never rest, Scorpion. The Lin Kuei may have been responsible for your murder... But your family's true killer still remains free...

Scorpion: If you are not the murderer, then who is?

Quan Chi: (comes in) I am the one you seek. To defeat my nemesis Sub-Zero, I needed the power of a spectre. You've done my bidding well, Scorpion. But now, I must return you to the Netherrealm.(Quan Chi performs a spell that starts engulfing Scorpion, intending to take him to the Netherrealm)

Scorpion: NEVER!!! (runs towards Quan Chi and grabs him before disappearing. Both reappear at the Netherrealm)

Quan Chi: NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

This skit is considered canon. It clearly shows that Quan Chi had played Scorpion for a fool. Scorpion was never getting his soul back and so long as his soul remains bound to the Netherrealm, he remains immortal. The lower one is in the Netherrealm the stronger the tortures are, Quan Chi and Scorpion were BFRed into the 5th plane.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

3. The Netherrealm: http://mortalkombat.wikia.com/wiki/Netherrealm

Question: Can Scorpion resist the tortuous effects of the penance stare?

"Netherrealm appears to be like Outworld, a realm composed of thousands of different layers. In the Mortal Kombat universe, deceased souls or entities who have committed major crimes descend into the Netherrealm to undergo endless torture. In fact, one cannot enter the Netherrealm without being evil or having a soul tainted with evil. Additionally, magic users and magical beings are slowly weakened while in this realm. It is an alternative, more generic name for the Abrahamic concept of Hell, as one of its former rulers was Lucifer (whose name appears only in the Sub-Zero game manual but not in-game). It is also described as "the darkest region of reality", and is inhabited by demons, monsters, and beings of the purest evil."

"Unlike most creatures in the Netherrealm, Scorpion is neither evil nor good and can somewhat withstand the torturous realm better than others stating that he is not at a very low level in Hell. In fact, it has been stated that his powers increase there as of Deadly Alliance."

Section 2 provides evidence that Scorpion's soul remains in the Netherrealm for eternity, this section is testament to the fact that Scorpion's soul can withstand these tortures endlessly and even become more powerful.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

4. Shinnok: http://mortalkombat.wikia.com/wiki/Shinnok

The only purpose I bring this up is for the pure fact that this guy has the power to defy Elder Gods, yet the Netherrealm can torture his soul. His fight with Raiden (backed by the Elder Gods), weakened the dimensional fibers of the realms but was overthrown and BFRed into the depths of the Netherrealm. Shinnok's soul was endlessly tortured for millenia before overthrowing Lucifer and raising his own army.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Summary:

- Scorpion is immune to hellfire.

- Scorpion's soul is boundless and wanders the Netherrealm unharmed by its tortures.

- Shinnok is a high tier fallen elder god and he suffers from its tortures.

I'd also like to call upon @onilordasmodeus and @vaeternus just to check if all points are correct and reliable.

#779 Edited by onilordasmodeus (2525 posts) - - Show Bio

@monsterstomp: My opinion on this matter, and the conclusions I've come to regarding Scorpion and the MK story...

1) The Penence Stare, IMO, would affect Scorpion, but not in the way you'd think. Scorpion is driven by rage and hate, but isn't solely fueled by the rage of betrayal. Scorpion is perpetually haunted by his own personal demons (inadequacy, fear, vengence, etc), as well as the memories of his former life. The PS attacks the guilty and makes them the feel pain of the innocent; against Scorpion, that added pain would only fuel him more and make him stronger.

Scorpion, or rather his former self Hanzo Hasashi, is "the innocent" that the PS would show him (he blames himself just as much as he blamed Sub and Quan), and his family and clan are "the innocent" as far as Scorpion's story is concerned. With Scorpion already being fueled by the pain they felt, and the pain he feels, setting his soul ablaze with more hellfire wouldn't hurt...just amp him.

2) I'm not sure what you mean when you say "Scorpion's soul isn't bounded to him" because it most definately is bounded to him. Scorpion's soul is his own, hence why those who use him do it through manipulation rather than through outright control. Scorpion has always been "the wild card" of the MKU (noted in MK3), and his freedom to do as he pleases is really what what his story revolves around. This concept of his freedom is really where his power/strength comes from, and IMO is the reason he was created/exists.

(slight tangent starts here, but follow me...)

MKA made it clear that Quan Chi was the source of the corruption in the realms. It was because of him that Shinnok fell from grace and became the devil, and so it also becomes clear that it was because of Quan that Scorpion also fell. Scorpion, just as Quan was always the source of the realms corruption, was always meant to be the the EGs chosen one...there Champion, and Quan Chi was the one who corrupted him and set him on a crash course with the rest of the MKU. Because of this, I would agree with you that Scorpion's soul is boundless...limitless in its potential. All things concidered, Scorpion has more in common with characters like Raiden, rather than Subzero, or any of the other MK "human" characters.

Scorpion really reminds me a lot of Spawn in a way, as Spawn (iirc) was held back/held himself back by holding on to his human side for a long time, but when he shed his human bonds he ultimately became more powerful. Scorpion, while he did hold onto his "human" side for a time before MK1, declared that Hanzo Hasashi (who he was in life) was dead, and that all that remained was Scorpion. Scorpion as he is now, is the embodiement of vengence in the MKU much like GR is in Marvel, and as such, his rage and his power have no limit. This is really backed mainly in MKA as in that game Scorpion's power was jack up immensely since during that time it was the EGs who pissed him off and so he went on a rampage across Edenia.

Scorpion's rage is what makes him unique among the rest of the cast. His ties to the heavens and to hell also allow him to run the gamut of power that he does.

Keep in mind that I say none of this to say Scorpion is all powerful, or anything like that. Scorpion was defeated in his most powerful forms (MKD and MKA), and has been defeated a few other times in the past; but all of those who defeated him though were of a different caliber of character, and often were the focus of said story at the time (Liu Kang, Kuai Liang (younger Subzero), Raiden, Taven, Quan Chi, Drahmin and Moloch (the Oni tormentor and Destroyer)).

(end tangent)

3) Like I said earlier, Scorpion has more in common with the gods (Raiden, Fujin, etc.) than any of the more human MK characters. This is most evident in Scorpion's relationship with the Netherrealm and how it is akin to Raiden's relationship to Earthrealm. When Scorpion "dies" he returns to hell where he is reborn; when Scorpion is in him "home" realm, he is more powerful. To those who say "GR is like a god so Scorpion can't compete," this is the rebutle to that. "Scorpion" isn't human, and never was; he is an immortal spirit that exists to fight and avenge and that is his only purpose. Nothing stops him for long, and through everything he just gets stronger. The only thing(s) in the MKU that can take Scorpion out for good is a God, or some being or entity with God-like power. Everything else is just a nuisance, a temporary road block to his ultimate goal.

To really address what you were saying though, yes Scorpion can withstand the tortures of the Netherrealm, but IMO the thing to take away from that is that realm actually fuels him and make him stronger just by being there. The Netherrealm's "torture" comes in the form of decay...withering and twisting the energies of life and magic into something corrupt and horrid. The only things that can survive/thrive against that realms natural forces are corrupt gods, the Oni race (demons), and some of the dead. Scorpion kind of falls in his own category as far as this goes, he could easily be classified as any of those three things, but seeing how he is looked at in context with the rest of the MKU, it is safe to say he is an anomaly of sorts.

4) Shinnok's "torture" in the Netherrealm is a little fuzzy, as evidence points to that it wasn't the realm that was torturing him, but rather Lucifer himself and his influence.

From the official story:

"Shinnok was banished to this place of torment by Rayden. Upon entering the realm, he found himself immediately under attack by its then ruler Lucifer, as well as those souls he was personally responsible for banishing when he was an Elder God. Locked and shackled, Shinnok was helpless against his attackers. He would exist, tortured and tormented by the dregs of hell for thousands of years. Until he met Quan Chi."

Story found here: http://www.mksecrets.net/index.php?section=mkmsz&lang=eng&contentID=4010

As the story states, Shinnok was tormented by the denizens of the Netherrealm, and so it can be inferred that the realm itself had little to no affect on him. Later on in the MK story (MKMSZ and MKA specifically), Shinnok is shown using his power unabatted and free from the NRs influence, but regardless of this he is eternally traped there due to the EGs power and decree.

---

To sum up my opinion in a few words, the PS would either have a neutral affect on Scorpion or would make him more powerful, as everthing that the PS is, is what Scorpion is, and what he is fueled by.

---

Edit: I also like to add that I read (here on comicvine) that the PS doesn't work on the blind, or on those with more than 2 eyes. While Scorpion doesn't fall into either of those categories, he does in fact have NO eyes.

The eyes Scorpion is seen with in most instances are a part of the "mask" that he wears. Scorpion is truly dead, and is only animated through magical means, and he sees through those magical means as well.

If someone could shed light on this issue, and/or show some instances of GR affecting beings who don't or cannot see by natural means, I'd be grateful.

#780 Edited by Lvenger (17848 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd forgotten about this thread for some time. Nice to see debunking is still going on.

#781 Posted by Vaeternus (9324 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, I'm with @onilordasmodeus in some ways it would be like GR trying to effect Spectre(while Spectre is far more powerful then GR and Scorp literally) they do share one thing, being dead already so not sure just how much GR's stare would effect Scorpion. Hanzo, no doubt...Scorpion different story. Obviously, Scorp is no angel but that being said he was also dooped by Quan-Chi.

#782 Edited by Walzo (4355 posts) - - Show Bio

This is the perfect thread for this.

Karate Kid vs Batman. What's going on in that?

#783 Edited by dondave (33296 posts) - - Show Bio

@walzo said:

If you're asking who wins, it's Karate Kid

#784 Posted by TheCerealKillz (10266 posts) - - Show Bio

@dondave said:

@walzo said:

If you're asking who wins, it's Karate Kid

I'm talking about when they fought in the comics.

#785 Posted by dondave (33296 posts) - - Show Bio

@thecerealkillz: There most recent encounter entailed when he fought Karate Kid who had lost his memory and looked like a stalemate until Batman had Black Lightning electrocute Karate Kid

#786 Posted by TheCerealKillz (10266 posts) - - Show Bio
#787 Posted by russellmania77 (14400 posts) - - Show Bio

Wish I could post scans but i can't help but to say Dbz characters can blow up planets, and if you wanna use the actual feats than that still doesn't mean NO CHARACTER can blow up a planet, frieza has feats of blowing up namek and planet vegeta. Cell has a feat of blowing up king Kai's planet (but its small) still a planet. Buu has feats of blowing up earth and various planets. Might only be three but by I do believe they are still considered Dbz characters

#788 Edited by Freefa11 (2335 posts) - - Show Bio

@slimj87d: I know this is about 2 months old, but I just checked this thread for the first time in a while. Shouldn't the square-cube law apply for getting a rough estimate of the Rhino's mass? If it's twice as long as a normal rhino, 8 times the mass, if it's 5 times the length of a normal rhino, about 125 times the mass, etc? Judging from that one pic (I don't follow Naruto, so I have no idea of how big it looks elsewhere), this thing could easily weigh a few hundred tons. Granted, this is working under the assumption the thing is basically built like a normal rhino, just bigger.

#789 Posted by ConvenientLie (644 posts) - - Show Bio

the thing could just choke him out like batman was going to before it was stopped

#790 Edited by ConvenientLie (644 posts) - - Show Bio

batman HOLDING down lobo is one of the more absurd things ive seen lately and @comic_book_fan thinks theres nothing wrong with it. so he either thinks that batman is a 100 tonner or that lobo is at regular human strength. mind = blown

#791 Posted by Mr_Ingenuity (7075 posts) - - Show Bio
#792 Posted by dondave (33296 posts) - - Show Bio

@freefa11: This is Naruto compared to the frog that fighting the Rhino

And the Rhino he fought looked bigger than him, I'd guess it was over a 100 tonnes

#793 Posted by jashro44 (19118 posts) - - Show Bio

@slimj87d: I figured I would bump this thread just to state that Caps Shield does have adamantium in it:

Credit to @owie for the scans.

#794 Posted by Freefa11 (2335 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44: How old is that? I recently read something from Busiek's run on Avengers that explicitly stated there was no adamantium in his shield, just vibranium and steel, and the confusion arose from the shield being invented by the same scientist who went on to invent adamantium.

#795 Edited by Killemall (18155 posts) - - Show Bio

@freefa11 said:

@jashro44: How old is that?

Its from Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe Volume 2 # 2 (1985)

#796 Posted by jashro44 (19118 posts) - - Show Bio

@freefa11 said:

@jashro44: How old is that? I recently read something from Busiek's run on Avengers that explicitly stated there was no adamantium in his shield, just vibranium and steel, and the confusion arose from the shield being invented by the same scientist who went on to invent adamantium.

I guess it must have been re-retconned. Any chance you can get a scan? Not that I don't believe you just for reference.

#797 Posted by pooty (10732 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:

@freefa11 said:

I guess it must have been re-retconned. Any chance you can get a scan? Not that I don't believe you just for reference.

I don't have the scan but I bought the book a month ago. It's the 2004 Avengers Official Handbook of The Marvel Universe. It says Vibranium and steel. It also gives Cap America a fighting level of 7 but Black Panther a 5. Nick Fury a 5 also. kinda funny

#798 Edited by jashro44 (19118 posts) - - Show Bio

@pooty: Eh, I don't take the grid to seriously when it comes to gauging skills. Also the grid bases things on quantity of styles you have mastered as opposed to the quality of the style one mastered IIRC. Also the grids are inconsistent.

All though yea there was probably a retcon around the shield I guess.

#799 Edited by SlimJ87D (9241 posts) - - Show Bio
#800 Posted by jashro44 (19118 posts) - - Show Bio

@slimj87d: That respect thread looks amazing! All though I would recommend transferring the images that are on image shack to either comicvine or photobucket. Imageshack links disappear over time IIRC.