Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By AllStarSuperman

Talon vs Captain America

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Setup:

Dick Grayson has been hunted down and captured by the Court of Owls. They kill him and bring him back as a Talon. He now has a healing factor and a talons training.

The Court sends Grayson to kill Captain America. Steve gets notified of his oncoming assassin. He is told that the Talon his a mind controlled superhero and to try not to kill him if he can.

Rules:

• Even though Grayson is mind controlled he is not at a loss from it skill wise.
  • Dick gets a mixture of Nightwing and Talon gear.
  • Dick is morals off.
  • Steve has standard gear.
  • Steve is in character.

Fight takes place here:

No Caption Provided

Who wins?

Avatar image for ancient_0f_days
Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Still Steve

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fastnoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No prep for Dick?

Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

User Lists: 7

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5ee15da0e0aad
deactivated-5ee15da0e0aad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Avatar image for beaconofstrength
BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Cap

How did you end up in the battle forums Scorp? :D

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You guys can't be serious right now? This is fight pretty even. Dick has better training to my knowledge. His tech and gear is superior bar the indestructible shield. His physicals are similar giving that his healing factor can fall from sky scrapers and just get back up. Why are you all acting like Cap stomps?

Avatar image for deactivated-5ee15da0e0aad
deactivated-5ee15da0e0aad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@scorpion2501 said:

Cap

How did you end up in the battle forums Scorp? :D

I visit from time to time ^_^. My Comic Vine career started on the battle forums.

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@allstarsuperman: I never said Dick gets stomped, even without the Talon healing factor.Just Steve can still win

Jonez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Captain America.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You guys can't be serious right now? This is fight pretty even. Dick has better training to my knowledge. His tech and gear is superior bar the indestructible shield. His physicals are similar giving that his healing factor can fall from sky scrapers and just get back up. Why are you all acting like Cap stomps?

The Talon amp isn't that big a deal. Batman stomped many Talons and Calvin rose with the amp couldn't even harm Bane. He needs more than that, and what he already has isn't enough.

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By AllStarSuperman

@highaccuser said:

The Talon amp isn't that big a deal. Batman stomped many Talons.

Batman took out no names. This is Dick Grayson. And Batman beating Cobb senseless was PIS considering Cobb later fell from a skyscraper and got right back up while he bones were healing immediately.

Wardemon32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Talon healing factor? Their healing factor was amazing. I'll go with Dick

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#17  Edited By nefarious

Talon Dick? Hmm.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@highaccuser said:

Batman took out no names. This is Dick Grayson. And Batman beating Cobb senseless was PIS considering Cobb later fell from a skyscraper and got right back up while he bones were healing immediately.

I'm pointing out that the Talon amp just isn't enough to bridge the large gap between Dick and Cap.

Cobb didn't get up immediantly. He was KO'd IIRC.

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By AllStarSuperman

Nope.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@highaccuser said:

Nope.

I was referring to his eariler fight with Batman. Talons consistently take major punishment but still get KO'd by punches and that should still happen here.

Avatar image for ninjawarrior268
NinjaWarrior268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

Steve

Avatar image for deactivated-5a08a02678f1f
deactivated-5a08a02678f1f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Does Dick actually get physically stronger or just a healing factor?

BoringPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shiryu: All Talons get a rather small strength boost. They all have basically infinite stamina and the better ones never get KO'd even when shocked by extremely powerful tazers or after having their brain impaled through the ear with a k-bar. (Though being stabbed through the brain then having the blade become electrified KO's them for a few minutes.)

The stamina is what should really help Dick out, seeing as his fighting style is extremely stamina costly with its acrobatics and hard falls.

sync1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Grayson wins.

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By ScouterV

Steve isn't fighting to kill, Night-Talon has a healing factor and strength boost and arguably better gear.

It's not a stomp, but Night-Talon returns Caps head to the Court on a silver platter.

Oni_Bane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Oni_Bane

I'm going with Steve because Nightwing has no feats as a Talon and everything in this battle will just be speculation.

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By AllStarSuperman

@oni_bane: being a talon his not gonna effect his skill. Its not the same as saying he can just use a lantern ring or kryptonian powers.

Oni_Bane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oni_bane: being a talon his not gonna effect his skill. Its not the same as saying he can just use a lantern ring or kryptonian powers.

I agree but he isn't a Talon and has never been one. So all we can go on is what other Talons have done. IIRC all the Talons are different. I say Steve 6/10

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump

Ultragreenboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Ultragreenboy

Dick in 5.5/10 maybe

DaredevilDD78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cap

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@allstarsuperman said:

The Talon amp isn't that big a deal. Batman stomped many Talons and Calvin rose with the amp couldn't even harm Bane. He needs more than that, and what he already has isn't enough.

Not with Dick's training and expertise though.

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scouterv said:

Steve isn't fighting to kill, Night-Talon has a healing factor and strength boost and arguably better gear.

It's not a stomp, but Night-Talon returns Caps head to the Court on a silver platter.

Agreed.

Awesomedude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cap.

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@highaccuser said:

It wasn't "Pis", Batman probably maxed out his healing factor like Wolverine. Batman was continuously beating him to a pulp.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@patrat18 said:

@highaccuser said:

@allstarsuperman said:

Cap already has more skill than him and physically outclasses him in every way but durability.

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@patrat18 said:

@highaccuser said:

@allstarsuperman said:

Cap already has more skill than him and physically outclasses him in every way but durability.

Doubt that.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@patrat18 said:

@highaccuser said:

@patrat18 said:

@highaccuser said:

@allstarsuperman said:

Doubt that.

Nightwing is well below Batman in the area of skill and was one-shotted by Lady Shiva. Steve can at least match either of them.

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@patrat18 said:

@highaccuser said:

@patrat18 said:

@highaccuser said:

@allstarsuperman said:

Doubt that.

Nightwing is well below Batman in the area of skill and was one-shotted by Lady Shiva. Steve can at least match either of them.

Because of his enhancements and his shield. You take the shield away from him and Shiva will dominate him. Either way that's abc logic.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@patrat18 said:

@highaccuser said:

@patrat18 said:

@highaccuser said:

Doubt that.

Because of his enhancements and his shield. You take the shield away from him and Shiva will dominate him. Either way that's abc logic.

Not just his enhancements. Cap is one of his universes top MA experts without them. Dick just isn't.

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@patrat18 said:

@highaccuser said:

@patrat18 said:

@highaccuser said:

Doubt that.

Not just his enhancements. Cap is one of his universes top MA experts without them. Dick just isn't.

Yea no. As far as i know the only Ma feats he has without the enhancements was beating up some fodder soldiers. Wolverine has embarrassed him on multiple occasions including a time were Logan was weak. Cap's martial arts can't hang with the like of Ironfist,Wolverine and Black Panther, the only reason why he could keep up with them is because of his enhancements. IMO

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@patrat18 said:

@highaccuser said:

@patrat18 said:

@highaccuser said:

@patrat18 said:

@highaccuser said:

Doubt that.

Yea no. As far as i know the only Ma feats he has without the enhancements was beating up some fodder soldiers. Wolverine has embarrassed him on multiple occasions including a time were Logan was weak. Cap's martial arts can't hang with the like of Ironfist,Wolverine and Black Panther, the only reason why he could keep up with them is because of his enhancements. IMO

Tag cap experts if you really want his skill feats, but trust me, they're there. The reason Logan beats him is because he's more skilled, faster, and twice as strong. Black Panther is a highly skilled martial artist with enhancements and Cap still goes toe-to-toe with him.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Leaning towards Steve in an interesting fight.

Theorder14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Theorder14

If we're using current Grayson then he could win with his jedi mind trick

No Caption Provided

kidman560

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

see here's the problem with Captain Rogers... hes just the best. hes an absolute beast who has a pretty effective healing factor as well.

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@patrat18 said:

@highaccuser said:

@patrat18 said:

@highaccuser said:

@patrat18 said:

@highaccuser said:

Doubt that.

Tag cap experts if you really want his skill feats, but trust me, they're there. The reason Logan beats him is because he's more skilled, faster, and twice as strong. Black Panther is a highly skilled martial artist with enhancements and Cap still goes toe-to-toe with him.

I know he has some pretty good feats, i'm not denying that, but when it comes to high level martial artist, he doesn't fair well against them in combat. logan is not that much faster than Cap, nor is he stronger, Cap has cut tanks in half with by throwing his shield.Logan usually beats Cap with skill, not really slash and dash like he does to fodder characters.

Cerberus369616

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Cerberus369616

I think Nightwing is getting low balled a little bit. He isn't quite at the level of Shiva or Bruce but he isn't a slouch. In this scenario he receives some extra training so while I still would say he isn't better than Cap, he isn't not in Caps League or something. Superior Healing Factor and a slight AMp should be all it takes for him to Hang with Cap with some good use of his gadgets. This hypothetical Dick should be on Bruce's Level and imho I think Bruce can take cap 5.5-6/10 and I believe the same in this fight. Dick 5.5/10

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@patrat18 said:

@highaccuser said:

@patrat18 said:

@highaccuser said:

@patrat18 said:

@highaccuser said:

@patrat18 said:

@highaccuser said:

Doubt that.

I know he has some pretty good feats, i'm not denying that, but when it comes to high level martial artist, he doesn't fair well against them in combat. logan is not that much faster than Cap, nor is he stronger, Cap has cut tanks in half with by throwing his shield.Logan usually beats Cap with skill, not really slash and dash like he does to fodder characters.

Cap has actually beaten Daredevil before and matched Iron Spider with pure skill. Logan isn't much faster, but he does have better speed feats due to being more skilled. Logan is a 2 tonner, cutting off tanks doesn't put cap above 1 ton in actual strength.

BoringPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@highaccuser: New 52 Batman was also basically one shotted by Lady Shiva...

All it shows is Batman engaging her and being laid out on the ground by the time Dick gets there.

Shiva hasn't been serious with anyone in the New 52 so far.

Theorder14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@boringperson: Well, i believe she didn't do very well against Jason Todd ;D