• 172 results
#51 Edited by MadeinBangladesh (6575 posts) - - Show Bio

WALTER FTW! but Dexter is just Sinister!  Dex dumps him on the Ocean.

#52 Posted by icysloth (1305 posts) - - Show Bio

Walter

#53 Posted by Ayrphish (3 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm picking Walter.

He has survived by his opponents constantly under-estimating him. Tuco, Gus, Mike... All guys that SHOULD have beat Walter, in exactly the same ways that Dexter should.

Hand to Hand? Dex should win, but so should have Tuco, and Mike

Stealth? Dex should win, but Mike should have had him here too. Not to mention all of the law enforcement agencies that Walter has avoided.

Preparation/resources? Gus should have been all over this, as should Dex, but guess who won?

If Walter knew Dexter was after him, he would never get caught by surprise, Dexter would assume that he had Walt caught, and stumble into one of Walter's plans. Also, we say morals on, but I don't think Walt has many of those left... Dexter on the other hand will always stick to his code and routine. This gives Walt another advantage. I think Dexter is stronger, and stealthier. But Walt is smarter and more sinister. He too would know that Dexter is stronger and stealthier and deal with the situation accordingly.

#54 Posted by WillPayton (9333 posts) - - Show Bio

This would be an incredible battle. Both awesome shows with awesome badass characters. I love both.

That said, Dexter would win. He's more experienced in finding people, killing them, and just crime in general. And if it ever gets to H2H he'd stomp. But, it wont get to H2H. Both are formidable, but I give the edge to Dexter.

#55 Posted by Ayrphish (3 posts) - - Show Bio

@WillPayton said:

This would be an incredible battle. Both awesome shows with awesome badass characters. I love both.

That said, Dexter would win. He's more experienced in finding people, killing them, and just crime in general. And if it ever gets to H2H he'd stomp. But, it wont get to H2H. Both are formidable, but I give the edge to Dexter.

Law Enforcement Agencies, Mike, and probably Gus are all more experienced in finding people.

Mike, Gus, and Tuco were all more experienced in killing people and crime in general.

Walter has beaten them all, and we agree it never gets to H2H.

#56 Posted by WillPayton (9333 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ayrphish said:

@WillPayton said:

Law Enforcement Agencies, Mike, and probably Gus are all more experienced in finding people.

Mike, Gus, and Tuco were all more experienced in killing people and crime in general.

Walter has done amazingly well because of his smarts and sheer lack of fear, but Dexter still has more experience and training, and access to police resources from the inside. Dexter also has certain innate abilities like being able to "smell out" other psychopathic people like himself. I'm sure in a crowd of 100 strangers he'd be able to spot which one was Walter. =)

My mind is unchanged... this would be an epic battle, and easily worth a season on either show, but Dexter would edge out a victory.

#57 Posted by Ayrphish (3 posts) - - Show Bio

@WillPayton said:

@Ayrphish said:

@WillPayton said:

Walter has done amazingly well because of his smarts and sheer lack of fear, but Dexter still has more experience and training, and access to police resources from the inside. Dexter also has certain innate abilities like being able to "smell out" other psychopathic people like himself. I'm sure in a crowd of 100 strangers he'd be able to spot which one was Walter. =)

My mind is unchanged... this would be an epic battle, and easily worth a season on either show, but Dexter would edge out a victory.

You make some good points. Dexter does have more training and experience. However, so did Mike and Gus. Tuco was a thug, so I won't say he had the same advantages, but Mike certainly did.

As far as police resources, you're right, Dexter would have them. But they have proven to be 100% ineffective vs Heisenberg. :) Arguably, Walter would also manipulate Hank into gaining similar access, as well as similar resources that he would get from Saul.

I also grant you, Dexter would be able to pick him out in a crowd of 100, but what good would that do? Dexter's morals are on, he wouldn't risk getting caught, or harm to bystanders to take advantage of that. MAYBE the same is true of Walter, but I'm not entirely convinced. If he is full-blow Heisenberg there is at least a chance that he would blow up the crowd to kill his opponent, Walter doesn't have many morals left when Heisenberg takes over.

#58 Posted by WillPayton (9333 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ayrphish said:

@WillPayton said:

@Ayrphish said:

@WillPayton said:

You make some good points. Dexter does have more training and experience. However, so did Mike and Gus. Tuco was a thug, so I won't say he had the same advantages, but Mike certainly did.

As far as police resources, you're right, Dexter would have them. But they have proven to be 100% ineffective vs Heisenberg. :) Arguably, Walter would also manipulate Hank into gaining similar access, as well as similar resources that he would get from Saul.

I also grant you, Dexter would be able to pick him out in a crowd of 100, but what good would that do? Dexter's morals are on, he wouldn't risk getting caught, or harm to bystanders to take advantage of that. MAYBE the same is true of Walter, but I'm not entirely convinced. If he is full-blow Heisenberg there is at least a chance that he would blow up the crowd to kill his opponent, Walter doesn't have many morals left when Heisenberg takes over.

While it's true that the cops/dea havent had much success finding Walter, it's also a different situation. They have large case loads and have to go through specific procedures, abide by the law, etc. Dexter has taken out so many people because not only is he a psycho that fixates on his targets, but he also has nothing stopping him from doing what he needs to.

Being able to pick out Walter helps Dexter because it's an additional advantage. Same with his h2h superiority. These are just additional tools that Dexter can bring to the table. Walter has some too, like his chemistry mastery, but even then Dexter has his own scientific skills and access to law enforcement resources that he can leverage as an insider. While Walter can also try to leverage some law enforcement sources, he has to go through extra difficulties to do it. It all just adds up to advantage Dexter, IMO.

#59 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

Dexter.

#60 Edited by Strider92 (16241 posts) - - Show Bio

@WillPayton said:

Yeah I would love to see that. I can just imagine Dexter snooping around and this happening:

I do think people are underestimating Walt here. He has created a lot of explosives and poisons in the past. Regardless of who wins I see this as a battle of minds/tactics. I doubt it'll get to h2h.

#61 Posted by ComicStooge (12439 posts) - - Show Bio

Hunting, tracking and killing people is Dex's speciality, Walt is mainly good for taking out big, important drug kingpins when they're unaware, crazy schemes and manipulating people, none of this will really apply to Dex.

#62 Posted by CrimsonAlchemist (410 posts) - - Show Bio

Come really? I love Heisenberg as much as the next guy but Dex got this one.

#63 Posted by MadeinBangladesh (6575 posts) - - Show Bio
@CrimsonAlchemist said:

Come really? I love Heisenberg as much as the next guy but Dex got this one.

YEP :D 
Walt can't escape the Table
#64 Posted by D3athstroke (3910 posts) - - Show Bio

Walter White will die from heart attack if he will get info on Dex

Lol i can imagine Walter dying just because Dexter told him who he is

#65 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20120 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know guys. By the end of Season 5 I think all our thoughts will be different.

Can't wait...

#66 Posted by GunGunW (996 posts) - - Show Bio

I like Breaking Bad and don't watch Dexter, but I'm smart enough to realize that Heisenberg couldn't win this fight

#67 Posted by SpeedForceSpider (902 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jayfournines said:

Walter FTW!

#68 Posted by Hit_Monkey (881 posts) - - Show Bio

Dex would be Walt's reckoning me thinks...

#69 Posted by DeHeerser (1 posts) - - Show Bio

Alright, this would surely be a Titanic battle in the full sense, and one that I have been contemplating about for a while now.

For starters, a lot of this would depend of the extent to which the combatants would let their families get in the way. Perhaps Dexter would have a change of heart once he discovers that Walt tries to be a good father for his children, and that life was tough on him because he had cancer and was unable to provide for chirgury and his handicapped son and baby. Then again, he might also just not care and slice Walter up, risking to put yet another traumatized newborn into the world. A sophisticated scenario is possible where Dexter would realize at the last moment that the baby is in the room, and his age-old trauma's would play up, giving Dexter a brain-freeze and Walter a brief second of advantage to get away.

Dexter has much lab-tech knowledge, also regarding chemicals such as those used in his laboratory, but not to the extent that Walter has this knowledge. This means that Walter would most likely know which chemicals Dexter would use to sedate his victims; who says it might not be possible for him to invent a counter-serum to self-inject on beforehand? In very far-fetched scenario's he could "play dead" to surprise Dexter.

If you watch the Dexter episodes carefully, you will find that it always ends with Dexter popping up from an unexpected shadowy angle to inject his victims and no-one ever sees it coming. Not even after the Speltzer fight, where Speltzer knew Dexter existed, and he still went out to work in the graveyard and was injected from the back. The scene with Dexter trying to escape the Speltzer maze probably lasted around ten minutes, whereas the actual final "take-down" of Speltzer himself that followed later in the episode was at best 20 seconds. It goes like this in the Dexter series 9/10 times so I will say the plot is more biased in his favour.

Dexter could use the information of the police department, but then again so could Walter by using the resources of Hank. If he figures out Dexter would try to break into his house - Dexter being a master lockpick and burglar - Walter could send his family away to Hank's place and boobytrap the house. For instance an scentless poison gas would be released upon opening the door. Dexter, as it was pointed out, hasn't displayed much prep other than arranging the kill room and digging up dirt on his victims. But as it was said there is no criminal data on Walter and therefore Dexter would certainly have to break in.

Dexter obviously has the advantage in close quarter combat, with and without knives, but it remains to be seen if this can stand up to the sheer destructive force of explosives. Walter White is basically a MacGuyver with tons of dirty money. Dexter always escapes through lame shit; Locked in a building on fire? Oh I happen to be able to kick through a wall. Locked up in the cellar of a cathedral? Oh there just happens to be an unexpected exit-door. Whereas Walter White escaped with some truly ingenius shit - for instance when he burned through the plastic around his wrist with the electric cable of the coffee-machine. If they met in a park by chance and suddenly stood face to face, Dexter could just run up to his opponent and stab him and win. But fights like this never happen in either of the universes; we can safely assume Walter would be aware that Dexter sought to eliminate him in a way that would leave no evidence, and he would prepare for this accordingly. Dexter always has his code to follow which dictates that he works alone, whereas Walter can also position Jesse and Todd to cover him.

Also it is known in the series that Quinn is corrupt and involved in dirty deals concerning drugs. The force going out of the name of Heisenberg would be enough to intimidate Quinn and get him to spy or unknowingly smuggle explosive meth into the evidence room, create a diversion and in this way immobilize any backup from the police for Dexter.

In a scenario I can see happening, Walter would consult with Saul, then wait in his laboratory where Dexter comes to get him. However Walter turns open the valves for toxic gas to fill the room while he wears his protective suit. Or just send a package to the police precinct's laboratory with Dexter's name on it (remember when they sent the plastic hand by email and Masuka opened it?) and an explosive inside.

In another scenario, as said, Walter wakes up in a room strapped to a table in plastic. But I do not think that he would show fear in facing death, since he already considered himself dead, previously. Perhaps he would make a last request concerning Jesse and his family, and admit resignedly that he became so corrupted that his death was justifiable.

Then, Dexter packs the bags with the remains, loads them into his boat. Takes out the keys to start the boat's engine . . . BOOM.

The end.

#70 Posted by ComicStooge (12439 posts) - - Show Bio

Actually no, after thinking about it, Walt wins.

Walt is a very smart man. He'll lure Dexter into his lab, but will have planted a bomb or have Mike somewhere with a sniper.

#71 Edited by The Stegman (23801 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm bumping this because it's an epic battle with two of my favorite shows.

I can honestly see it going either way, both men are intelligent, but Walt does have the espionage advantage with Saul. Saul has all types of shady resources and P.I's that can probably track down Dexter to his workplace (let's be honest, others have done it before) . Also, Walt has the advantage of not being a criminal, Dexter usually uses his police database to find his prey, with no record to speak of, Walt will be flying under his radar.

Dexter obviously has the advantage physically, but I think Walt can track him down before Dex tracks Walt. Though, if you watch the show, Dexter has a limited about of plot device which allows him to escape otherwise impossible situations.

More importantly, I'd like to see Deb and Hank team up ^_^

#72 Posted by Turtle_Soiree (31 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm throwing my hat in Heisenberg's corner.

#73 Posted by BadVoodoo (381 posts) - - Show Bio

bump

#74 Edited by Carter_esque (6447 posts) - - Show Bio

WW wins in a very clever, perfectly crafted stomp.

#75 Posted by dondave (36025 posts) - - Show Bio

Walter blows him up

#76 Edited by VercingetorixTheGreat (2823 posts) - - Show Bio

Walter is not just above average intellect the dude is a genius.

If he can use anything he used in the show I see him calling Saul and using his underground connections to set up Dexter (though I haven't watched much Dexter because its not as high quality as Breaking Bad)

#77 Edited by WillPayton (9333 posts) - - Show Bio

Walter is not just above average intellect the dude is a genius.

If he can use anything he used in the show I see him calling Saul and using his underground connections to set up Dexter (though I haven't watched much Dexter because its not as high quality as Breaking Bad)

I strongly disagree on the quality. Both shows are excellent, and I'd rate Dexter above Breaking Bad. The second season of Dester was simply amazing. Breaking Bad is more of a slow burner, and some episodes are much slower and uneventful than others. But I love them both.

As far as the fight, I still go with Dexter.

#78 Edited by Trollheim (243 posts) - - Show Bio

Dexter. Given what WW has done recently and how Dexter's code has changed, Dexter would have no problem putting him on his table... and that's really the only thing holding him back.

#79 Posted by The Stegman (23801 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm bumping this, and I'm saying Walt wins with prep. Dude doesn't mess around, and if you saw the finale of BB, you know what I mean.

#80 Posted by dondave (36025 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm bumping this, and I'm saying Walt wins with prep. Dude doesn't mess around, and if you saw the finale of BB, you know what I mean.

#81 Edited by laflux (15078 posts) - - Show Bio

#82 Posted by Pr0metheus (5085 posts) - - Show Bio

Havent watched season 8 of Dexter yet but i have seen every episode of Breaking Bad

The only reasons both are not locked up is PIS but anyways

Walter (If this is current endgame right before episode 15 Walter) he has no access to any resources.

Lets just go ahead and say its Season 4 with all season's feats. If they are allowed outside help it kind of tips it in Dexter's favor but Dexter has a sixth sense for trouble. Walter had to beg countless times for his life throughout the seasons while even when Dexter was actually captured and sent in a maze,he out maneuvered and outsmarted the guy that knew the place inside and out. Even though both have been caught by there respective cop siblings,Dexter's actually killed an innocent for him while Walt's knocked him around the room and almost arrested him.

Tally -

Combat Skills - Dexter. You cant really argue with this.

Coldbloodedness - Tie. Both have killed innocents and other people to protect them/who they love.

Intellect - Slight edge to Walter as Dexter's is mainly medical.

Hunting - Dexter. You REALLY cant argue with this.

Resources - Walter. Dexter is mainly solo although he could always use his Lt. Sister is either pin something on Walter or to get him constantly tailed like they did that Russian guy in season 7. (If Walter can use Mike since mike is dead, can Dexter use that Russian guy since they kinda became allies at the end?)

Allies - Tie if Dexter can use that Russian guy,he would be able to combat Mike. Although slide edge to Walter if he cant.

Since Dexter wont think Walter knows about him only really killing "bad guys" and knows Walter could have him cornered he could always threaten his family or get Deb to reveal his secret to Hank. If Walt tried to do the same the police would think its just another crazy guy that the black chick lt. put him up to it. If they wouldn't believe her,WHO would they believe? If that didnt work he always has his sister to try and bail him out.

#83 Edited by The Stegman (23801 posts) - - Show Bio

Havent watched season 8 of Dexter yet but i have seen every episode of Breaking Bad

The only reasons both are not locked up is PIS but anyways

Walter (If this is current endgame right before episode 15 Walter) he has no access to any resources.

Lets just go ahead and say its Season 4 with all season's feats. If they are allowed outside help it kind of tips it in Dexter's favor but Dexter has a sixth sense for trouble. Walter had to beg countless times for his life throughout the seasons while even when Dexter was actually captured and sent in a maze,he out maneuvered and outsmarted the guy that knew the place inside and out. Even though both have been caught by there respective cop siblings,Dexter's actually killed an innocent for him while Walt's knocked him around the room and almost arrested him.

Tally -

Combat Skills - Dexter. You cant really argue with this.

Coldbloodedness - Tie. Both have killed innocents and other people to protect them/who they love.

Intellect - Slight edge to Walter as Dexter's is mainly medical.

Hunting - Dexter. You REALLY cant argue with this.

Resources - Walter. Dexter is mainly solo although he could always use his Lt. Sister is either pin something on Walter or to get him constantly tailed like they did that Russian guy in season 7. (If Walter can use Mike since mike is dead, can Dexter use that Russian guy since they kinda became allies at the end?)

Allies - Tie if Dexter can use that Russian guy,he would be able to combat Mike. Although slide edge to Walter if he cant.

Since Dexter wont think Walter knows about him only really killing "bad guys" and knows Walter could have him cornered he could always threaten his family or get Deb to reveal his secret to Hank. If Walt tried to do the same the police would think its just another crazy guy that the black chick lt. put him up to it. If they wouldn't believe her,WHO would they believe? If that didnt work he always has his sister to try and bail him out.

I agree with a lot of what you said, but

1. Comparing Dex and Deb with Walt and Hank isn't fair. Deb helped Dex cause she loves him (in more ways than one) and grew up with him, in many ways, he was the only constant in her life and she'd be willing to die for him. While Hank...is just Walt's brother in law, sure he likes the guy, but he's not gonna put Walt above his morals.

2. I would think that Walt has more impressive feats of prep. Sure Dexter can opperate on the fly better (like you said, outsmarting the guy in his own maze) but a prepped Walt took down neo nazis with a hand made machine gun, blew up a building floor using everyday chemistry, made a highly deadly poison on several occassions, and killed Gus with a hand made bomb. I can easily see him luring Dexter into a room and blowing it up/shooting it up.

3. I really wanna know what season we are using and what resources they have. Does Walt have a large sum of money? If so, he could hire hitmen. As for the Russian, I think that was a one time pairing, I doubt they'd constantly work together.

#84 Posted by Pr0metheus (5085 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_stegman:

1. Thats true but that is one of his many advantages. I know Walter did it "all for his family" but he was willing to give everything up for Hank. I know Hank didnt like him as much as Walt did back but sometimes it more then just being brothers in law. I mean after going through all that (although it was mainly being Jesse being a rat but he put a hit out on him before that but Jesse wouldn't listen so you cant blame him)

2. He didnt actually build a machine gun he just built a thing that pulled the trigger and went back and forth for him. (Although i guess that is building a machine gun isnt it? Hmm) The chemistry thing was impressive but he threw that bomb right at that one body guard who looked pretty much unharmed just disoriented. Although i will admit Walter is a better Bullshitter. I would actually be ok with settling with Walter could lure him into a bomb ridden place but if Dexter knows who he is,he should be a little wary and Dexter isnt the guy to just jump at every single chance he gets. He is usually calm and calculated and waits for the perfect moment.

3. It would be nice to know. That is true about the Russian but when did Mike really help Walter & Jesse other then getting rid of a dead body? He was completely loyal to Gus,and since Gus wanted him dead about 4 episodes after they worked together i dont think he would lend him Mike. The Russian guy did say under different circumstances they could of been really good friends.

#85 Posted by Silverrings (1901 posts) - - Show Bio

Dexter won a fight with James Doakes, an ex-special forces member, while handcuffed. Generally, Dexter is a far superior hand-to-hand combatant, Walter really doesn't compare, so if it's just a random encounter without any prep-time or weapons then Dexter wins without a doubt. Any sort of prep-time and things get very interesting. Dexter has essentially mastered stealthy attacks, but Walter would have home-made explosives and a gun up his sleeve, so it could go either way. If they can get outside help then Walter would probably amass a small army of criminals and Dexter would just call the cops on him. Then they'd have a war on their hands...

#86 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20120 posts) - - Show Bio

Walt loses.

Heisenberg wins.

#87 Edited by thelocust619 (2219 posts) - - Show Bio

They are both masters of their craft...a week of prep wouldn't afford dexter anything out of the ordinary....and Walt would definitely enlist some bodyguards and Dex would inevitably discover this over the week and....simply not attack. He's not stupid and doesn't play that s%$# lol he knows when he's outmatched (as far as going into a building full of people with guns....he just wouldn't lol). So then come the talks...

Dexter introduces himself to try and draw Walt away from his bodyguards...bumping into him at a store or bar or w e. Over a few days of audience-butt-clenchingly tense small talk, they finally settlein and have a good conversation in which they both know who the other is yet don't mention it, and argue over the semantics of killing for pleasure or those you care about, and during this....Walt's charisma shows through. Dexters level of clueless innocence (being a sociopath there's much he doesn't understand) draws out the father and teacher in Walter and they share a genuine moment of bonding....and Dexter's death certificate is signed.

This is his Kryptonite. If the bad guy invites Dexter in his house, then Dexter almost always says yes. So Walter invites him over, and the solo shots of him in his underwear show him optimistic and thinking positively of Dexter, asking other people their perspectives on his philosophies and holding him in high regard. Dexter arrives, as awkwardly charming as ever, and Walter and crew warmly welcome him in for something to eat ur w e (Walter is not with his family, maybe in a hotel room with at least three armed men). They converse and have a jolly old time until its almost time to leave...and Walter asks Dexter to come with him. He hesitates, but this is not a multiple choice question. With guns in their pockets, the guards follow as Walt leads them to a dark, abandoned area somewhere far away, all while carrying on his lighthearted demeanor, although its mostly him talking now, mentioning bits of previous conversations and going on about some related memories that come to a point that....sorta didn't really have anything to do with what he was talking about originally but w e. They arrive, Dexter has no chance of escape, the guns were on him at all times and as soon as they were out of sight they were out and on his head. Perfectly. Why? Because Walt knows who he is and he planned this. You do what Hiesenburg f&%#ing tells you.

Dexter asks for the final piece of the puzzle, the last response in their long lived conversation: "how are we not the same? I liked you about as much as you liked me but when it came down to it, you didn't wait to do what either of us would have done."

Walter starts to say its for his family but stops. He realizes he can't play that card here, knowing now how Dexter had a family of his own. At one point he had been doing this for them....in a way, he still was. But it was more than that now...

"You say you cant feel emotions....now does this include 'fear'?" Walter kneels down and puts his face to Dexter's and finds his eyes void of panic, knowing full well what's coming but not yet accepting it. He's furious.

"I'm not sure what I feel or if I even feel at all. But I know someone who can answer that...a Dark Passenger..." Dexter responds in that distant, overdramatic way he does when he's starts to get all Norman Batesy kinda crazy. It makes Walter stop, and hesitate about the path he's about to walk. Then says lols and stands up, aiming his gun without cocking it because its already cocked, he's not stupid. Dexters face gets all serious n they all stare down when

-flashlights blow up the forest and Deborah n the whole freakin police squad turn out to be looking for Dexter because Walt's had mad PIS so far n I need to balance it out n also this happens like every three weeks for Dex for real. Walt n Dex n bodyguards just pack up n walk out, explaining everything like they were buddies while sharing quick glances that basically boil down to "you mother ...huh...damn phone.... anyway, Deb gives Dexter a ride home n Walt's all pissed, he goes to go cook some method or something....hehe autocorrect...anyway hes in someone's "infested" house finishing up the batch as the other guys turn away to desuit n all when suddenly everything goes black...

Walter wakes up on the table. Dexter turns around with the hammer used to smash up the product and grins. "You were asking about 'fear'?"

Walter looks around the room and recognizes he's still in the house, the guards unconscious and bound while he was out (one at a time while looking for Walt...Dex must have felt like Batman). Walt smiles back and banters back and eventually Dexter gets the feeling he's stalling and begins to move in for the kill, enoughs enough. He pulls back the hammer and Walter says "cooking is dangerous business...the chemicals involved need to be added at very precise intervals....one lazy attendent walking off is all it takes and..."

Dexter's eyes widen with realization.

"...PSHGHH!!"

The lab explodes, tossing Dexter into a wall and flipping the table. The flames lick the plastic and cut through just as Dex regains consciousness, but its too late. Walter stands over him in his tighty whiteys with an unconscious guards gun in his hand.

"What's my name?"

Dexter is stunned to see such egotism at a time like this. "What the hell-"

"What's my name?"

"Uh...Walter Whi-"

Walter shoots. "Wrong. Its Hiesenburg (he pauses and thinks of Pinkman), BITCH"

While stat wise Dexter runs this, and indeed he is far more proficient with murder than Walt, but Walt doesn't need ultimate proficiency in murder...he just needs to know Dexter's type, and he does. Once you understand Walter you're probably under his influence already. Hus decision to kill Dexter is immediate because of Hus family but grows to be personal, whereas Dexters will to kill him has been there already yet falters somewhat after knowing him. Walt's just too ...charismatic/convincing/intimidating/awesome? Someone find me a word for that...Dexter does his thing well, but Walter White built an empire on the carcasses of other dead empires that he killed himself. Real talk.

Or i might still be wanking breaking bad, im not sure till it leaves my system completely. Dex may very well take one look, be like "hes bad" and do it that afternoon....I like it this way

#88 Edited by Fallschirmjager (16315 posts) - - Show Bio

Way too much BB wanking going on in this thread.

I don't see how Dexter loses. He has killed everyone he's wanted to, and has government resources at his disposal. He would find Walter and kill him.

Also. Current versions of each character? Walt is all ready dead.

#89 Edited by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20120 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't see how Dexter loses. He has killed everyone he's wanted to, and has government resources at his disposal. He would find Walter and kill him.

You might want to spoiler block that. Some people haven't finished the series.

#90 Edited by ComicStooge (12439 posts) - - Show Bio

@fallschirmjager said:

By the end of Season 8, Dexter was a moron. He was lethal near the beginning of the show, but by the end, he'd really lost a lot of his drive and competence.

Dexter's family made Dexter soft, the same cannon be said for Walt.

Dexter goes into the place were Walt is, opens the door and gets gunned down by an assault rifle that was triggered by the opening of the door. Or he goes into the place where Walt is only to find that Walt's already left and the whole place is rigged with explosives.

Dexter has never gone up against anyone as smart as Walter White. His villains get the edge on him the moment they show the slightest bit of common sense.

#91 Edited by Fallschirmjager (16315 posts) - - Show Bio

@comicstooge: Are you kidding me? Dexter has killed how many serial killers? Including Trinity who had been murdering people for 30+ years and gotten away with it? He's evaded the FBI. He's killed DA's and gotten away with it. He worked in a police station for however many years and arose suspicision from exactly 3 People. Dokes, Laguerta and Debra. All 3 are dead - and he was able to turn Debra to help him.

@yourneighborhoodcomicgeek: Sorry. My bad.

#92 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20120 posts) - - Show Bio

@fallschirmjager: No problem. I've already finished the show just in case someone hasn't, I wouldn't want them to be spoiled of such a fine finale.

#93 Posted by ComicStooge (12439 posts) - - Show Bio

@comicstooge: Are you kidding me? Dexter has killed how many serial killers? Including Trinity who had been murdering people for 30+ years? He's evaded the FBI. He's killed DA's and gotten away with it. He worked in a police station for however many years and arose suspicision from exactly 3 People. Dokes, Laguerta and Debra. All 3 are dead - and he was able to turn Debra to help him.

Trinity wasn't particularly intelligent. He evaded the FBI because he was lucky enough that he could pin it on Doakes. Again, he killed Miguel and got away with it because he pinned it on the Skinner. Doakes was the only one with enough brains in that entire police force to work out something was up with him. Laguerta wasn't half as smart as Walt is.

If all these people can figure out that Dexter is a serial killer (and practically all of his antagonists throughout the series did) then it should be easy for Walt.

Dexter was beaten up by 3 thugs in season 8. Walt could simply work out who Dexter is (which would be easy enough for him) and hire a bunch of thugs to assassinate him.

#94 Posted by Fallschirmjager (16315 posts) - - Show Bio

@comicstooge: Right because Walter has gone upon against genius' like Tuco and Hank. Gus is his only smart person kill. And he only was able to kill him because of a very specific reason - the guy in the wheelchair (I'm blanking on his name atm). That wouldn't happen with Dexter. He has no enemies who Walter could use to exploit - they're all dead and/or were in love with him (like Lumen or Deb)

And Walt is so superior in intellect that he left that book in the bathroom in clear view for Hank to find. And even Jesse was able to figure out he'd poisoned the kid.

#95 Edited by ComicStooge (12439 posts) - - Show Bio

@fallschirmjager said:

@comicstooge: Right because Walter has gone upon against genius' like Tuco and Hank. Gus is his only smart person kill. And he only was able to kill him because of a very specific reason - the guy in the wheelchair (I'm blanking on his name atm). That wouldn't happen with Dexter. He has no enemies who Walter could use to exploit - they're all dead and/or were in love with him (like Lumen or Deb)

And Walt is so superior in intellect that he left that book in the bathroom in clear view for Hank to find. And even Jesse was able to figure out he'd poisoned the kid.

Hector is the wheelchair guy.

Hank was actually pretty competent. Much smarter than Laguerta anyway. At least Hank would never go alone to catch the very deadly person he was attempting to capture.

The book was his only mistake. If you take a shot every time Dexter screws up in the series, you'd die of alcohol poisoning.

Jesse working out that Walt poisoned Brock was Huell's mistake, because he took the weed.

If we're going off 'whatever they had in the series' then Walt has access to a group of militant neo-Nazis (who are armed to the teeth), Gus and his cartel (including the twins) and Mike. Dex has...Isaac and Deb?

Those 'government resources' Dexter has access to are the resources he only uses for forensics. Walt's resources are so much better.

In short, Walt outmaneuver and kills him because unlike the idiots Dexter surrounds himself with, Walt will actually use common sense.

#96 Posted by thelocust619 (2219 posts) - - Show Bio

^fin

#97 Posted by PrinceAragorn1 (16634 posts) - - Show Bio

What're you all talking about? Dexter stomps. Even walt has no answer to this:

#98 Edited by Mortein (2802 posts) - - Show Bio

@mortein said:

Awesome thread

I would choose dexter, he has far more experience.

But I like Walter more.

You are stupid and immature.

The way Dexter was lately all emotional and shit, Walt could easily manipulate him and kill him.

And he only was able to kill him because of a very specific reason - the guy in the wheelchair (I'm blanking on his name atm).

Walt manipulated one of his enemies (Hector) into blowing up himself and his other enemy (Gus), and a part of a nursing home.

That's like holy shit level feat.

#99 Posted by Jaaaaase (5 posts) - - Show Bio

As far as "Current versions of each character? Walt is all ready dead." goes...Dexter SHOULD also be dead. That ending was crap (coming from a huge Dexter fan, the whole way). In any case...others had Government resources, trying to find Walt, and look what happened to all of them. Dexter's a smart guy, but Walt is like Batman/Tony Stark, only with no hesitation to kill. Have to go with WW here.

#100 Posted by Frozen (12724 posts) - - Show Bio

This is a good thread.

After watching all seasons of Breaking Bad - I'd give it to Walter. He's a prep master, and while he may seem desperate at times, he can kill whoever he wants. There's not much he can't do with prep, look at the device he created against the Neo-Nazi's.