They start 20 feet apart

Quartermaim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Wow.

Dexter is cunning and would use his prep to great use.

Rorscach is so driven though.

I need time to think about this one.

Dexter would have to use his prep to win if this is hand to hand combat.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's kind of a coin toss. Dexter would just show up with a pistol, and so would Rorschach if he's smart. Then they shoot it out. Neither has especially great gun skills, or bullet timing feats, or even armor as standard equipment. But, both can easily get weapons and body armor on their own (I'm assuming "borrowing" stuff from other characters isnt allowed).

Problem here is your rules. Either of them could win. It's too random.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rorscach dunks him in a fryer

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dondave said:

Rorscach dunks him in a fryer

Heh... funny, but no.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Morals aren't really the question here, rorschach says lol to morals, and dex is a serial killer with no emotions, so he doesn't have them in first place.

Rorschach is more than enough to stomp dexter in a h2h fight before dexter gets a chance to use his syringe. And giving them both one day of prep isn't going to help much. Dex will have a plastic room set, and rorschach would do.. what? wash his mask?

It'd be better to give dexter prep and rorschach not..

On a second note, could they come to an understanding would be a more interesting question. If rorschach can tolerate comedian, why not dexter?

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like how someone thinks Dexter will show up to a life and death fight against a superior h2h fighter with... a syringe.

Hmm... what to bring... syringe, or gun? Yup, I guess I'll bring a syringe! LOL... I love CV.

russellmania77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

rorschach kills

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's kind of sad that dexter is ending this season.. Two more months to go..

I like how someone thinks Dexter will show up to a life and death fight against a superior h2h fighter with... a syringe.

Hmm... what to bring... syringe, or gun? Yup, I guess I'll bring a syringe! LOL... I love CV.

Well, so you're going to say he will break the code for rorschach. Well, current season dexter might, he's doing crazy things.. But before that, he will show up in a syringe. It's not like he's going to see that rorschach is like a superhuman in one day.

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@willpayton: when was the last time dexter has ever used a gun? if ever

FukYouRenchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By FukYouRenchamp

@willpayton: Dexter doesnt use guns,He would either show up with a Syringe or a Knife (Both actually) and isnt Rorschach an Ametuer boxer? Dexter knows advanced Jujitsu. The only thing i would put Rorshach above is his Pain Tolerence.

@russellmania77 Dexter is a Serial Killer whos very good at what he does..

@patrat18 He used a gun once to save Doakes from some Drug Dealers..

FrozenPhoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dexter has morals. Just not for the likes of Rorschach lol.

RetconCrisis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dexter is good at prep, so I'll say Dexter for now. Unless he brings a syringe like he usually does, then he'd get stomped by Rorschach's h2h. But he might find out that Rorschach is a good h2h fighter and bring a more efficient and lethal weapon, like a gun.

OrphanCrippler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 3

Rorschach will beat him down like a ginger stepchild

thelocust619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dexter's idea of prep is hands-on investigation. He stalks people first to see what they're about. Rorschack would know he's being followed and use that. However , once Dex realizes he's physically outmatched he would fond a way to get close. Dextet won't normally act unless he has complete control so he probably has the upper hand. Ju jujitsu beats boxing as a general so he has a bit more of a chance h2h but....Rorschack strikes me as a tense guy who never drops his guard and is always in "cornered animal" mode, so I gotta give it to him. Dex doesn't like killing outside his normal ritual

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

#16  Edited By Fallschirmjager

Pretty sure Dexter's fighting ability is being underestimated here. I'll try and find it, but I'm pretty sure its stated at some point he is an accomplished martial artist. I want to say it was mentioned that he took Taekwondo in college and was a black belt or something. (Don't remember specifically, I'll have to find it)

Not saying he is better than Roschach, but he's not completely defenseless either. With prep he could also set up an Ambush in the surrounding area too, as he is quite adept at doing so.

EDIT: Just looked it up. Dexter studied "advanced Jujutsu" during and after college and was able to at least defeat Doakes in H2H combat - Doakes was a former army ranger and current cop. Again. Not saying he edges out Rorschach's fighting ability here. But Dexter would put up a good fight - combined with his use of tranquilizers and the ability to set up ambushes via prep I say Dexter wins 6/10

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By willpayton

@willpayton said:

Well, so you're going to say he will break the code for rorschach. Well, current season dexter might, he's doing crazy things.. But before that, he will show up in a syringe. It's not like he's going to see that rorschach is like a superhuman in one day.

Dexter's "code" is only about killing innocent people. It has nothing to do with what equipment he uses. He normally uses a syringe because 1) it's silent and 2) it knocks out his victim long enough so he can "prepare" them for his later ritual. This battle is not about that, it's just about who stays alive. Since they both start facing each other 20 feet apart, Dexter will bring the most appropriate weapon for the situation.

@patrat18 said:

@willpayton: when was the last time dexter has ever used a gun? if ever

Irrelevant. In the show he has no need to carry a gun because he uses stealth. Also as I pointed out above, his goal is usually not to just kill someone, his goal is to incapacitate them stealthfully and move them to another location. Using a gun would be the last thing he'd want to do in such a case.

@willpayton: Dexter doesnt use guns,He would either show up with a Syringe or a Knife (Both actually) and isnt Rorschach an Ametuer boxer? Dexter knows advanced Jujitsu. The only thing i would put Rorshach above is his Pain Tolerence.

Dexter is not stupid, and the object of this battle is to win by any means. Even if Dex wanted to try to approach stealthfully if the terrain allowed it, he'd still bring a gun as backup.

What kind of idiot brings a syringe to a life-or-death fight against a sociopath like Rorschach?

Dexter is good at prep, so I'll say Dexter for now. Unless he brings a syringe like he usually does, then he'd get stomped by Rorschach's h2h. But he might find out that Rorschach is a good h2h fighter and bring a more efficient and lethal weapon, like a gun.

Exactly.

FukYouRenchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@willpayton: Dexter "code" is only about killing people but hes not shy from killing innocent people or people he knows nothing about if he or someone he likes/loves in threatened. If Dexter brings a gun its really out of character. even when he was being hunted in Season 7 he never used a Gun. When he was prepared to wait for the guy that was hunting him in his apartment,another Assassin walked in with a gun and Dexter overpowered him and slit his neck before he could even react. (He already had his gun pointing at Dexter and i think he got a shot off when he was bleeding out). He doesn't just use a syringe,he uses an assortment of knives. The only time i can remember Dexter ever using a gun is in the first couple of seasons,if he didn't he was going to be shot before he could stab one of the soldiers. He could possibly bring a gun as backup but it would be out of character.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

@willpayton: Dexter "code" is only about killing people but hes not shy from killing innocent people or people he knows nothing about if he or someone he likes/loves in threatened.

Agreed. Dexter will only "Hunt" people who fit the code, but if someone endangers his life or any of his families life - or if he secret is being found out - he will kill them no problem.

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By willpayton

@willpayton: Dexter "code" is only about killing people but hes not shy from killing innocent people or people he knows nothing about if he or someone he likes/loves in threatened. If Dexter brings a gun its really out of character. even when he was being hunted in Season 7 he never used a Gun. When he was prepared to wait for the guy that was hunting him in his apartment,another Assassin walked in with a gun and Dexter overpowered him and slit his neck before he could even react. (He already had his gun pointing at Dexter and i think he got a shot off when he was bleeding out). He doesn't just use a syringe,he uses an assortment of knives. The only time i can remember Dexter ever using a gun is in the first couple of seasons,if he didn't he was going to be shot before he could stab one of the soldiers. He could possibly bring a gun as backup but it would be out of character.

Using a gun is not out of character, it's simply that the situations in the series havent called for it. Even the scene you mentioned, Dexter was in the apartment to use his normal stealthy thing... not to get into a shootout. Dexter prefers that method because it doesnt draw attention to him (i.e. a loud gun going off) and lets him move his victim to another location.

This battle is set up so that it's a stand up one-on-one fight to the death. When has this ever happened in the show? Never. Like I already pointed out, Dexter is not dumb... in fact he's extremely intelligent. He will come ready for the fight, which to any rational person means coming with weapons appropriate for the fight.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@willpayton: Even if dexter shows up with a gun, rorschach has beaten many armed guys, and knows how to keep away from bullets (see his fight with cops,I can't find it anywhere)

heroesgold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

It could go either way, but i'm leaning more towards Rorscach

FukYouRenchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By FukYouRenchamp

@willpayton: I didn't realize they were going to be "20 feet away" from each other i thought they were going to be hunting each other. TBH either way its set up in either favor. Rorschach has amuch higher pain tolerance and uses improvised weaponry like a boss,but he isn't really that much of a predator which Dexter excels at.

I don't know too much about Rorschach other then his movie version and since i haven't seen it since like 2009 so i could be wrong but i don't remember Rorschach using guns either. He may have i cant remember but if he thinks hes a better H2H fighter and thinks that Dexter wont bring a gun that would either make him bring a Gun even more or just make him forget it completely because doesn't he like torturing his victims?

Also does Rorschach kill innocent people? I cant remember if he did. I mean i know Dexter isn't innocent but if he sees Dexter doing pretty much the same as him "cleaning up" crime he might not of even wanted to fight him. If i am wrong and he did kill innocent people,Dexter would want him for his table.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@willpayton: Even if dexter shows up with a gun, rorschach has beaten many armed guys, and knows how to keep away from bullets (see his fight with cops,I can't find it anywhere)

That's a legit argument, but Rorschach didnt show bullet-timing feats... certainly nothing on the level of Ozy.

He probably does have a better chance of avoiding getting shot than Dexter, but it'd be close.

I don't know too much about Rorschach other then his movie version and since i haven't seen it since like 2009 so i could be wrong but i don't remember Rorschach using guns either. He may have i cant remember but if he thinks hes a better H2H fighter and thinks that Dexter wont bring a gun that would either make him bring a Gun even more or just make him forget it completely because doesn't he like torturing his victims?

Also does Rorschach kill innocent people? I cant remember if he did. I mean i know Dexter isn't innocent but if he sees Dexter doing pretty much the same as him "cleaning up" crime he might not of even wanted to fight him. If i am wrong and he did kill innocent people,Dexter would want him for his table.

Yeah Rorschach didnt use guns, but it also never said that he had a moral objection to them.

Rorschach doenst kill innocent people. But, Dexter is hardly innocent.

And while there's no cause for Dexter to want Rorschach on his table, it's not relevant for this battle. If they both have to fight to the death, I'm sure they both will do it. Rorschach has no moral issues with killing Dexter since he's a serial killer, and Dex has no moral issue with killing to survive like he did Doakes.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@willpayton: Not on the level of ozy, but he did run the hell out gunfire's way. And he did beat a few armed cops at once with no prep. Not to mention several after jumping down from second floor. I think he has far better chances to win gunfight, or h2h..

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@willpayton: Not on the level of ozy, but he did run the hell out gunfire's way. And he did beat a few armed cops at once with no prep. Not to mention several after jumping down from second floor. I think he has far better chances to win gunfight, or h2h..

He did have prep when he fought the cops, just not a lot of prep, but enough for him to find a weapon and get the initiative on the cops.

I still give it around 50/50. With guns at that range, for normal humans, it's mostly the luck of the draw. Maybe if one of them was a skilled shooter, but I havent see that. Neither normally uses guns, but both probably have some skill with them. Really, could go either way.

A better battle setup would have them stalking each other... like the Dexter vs Walter White thread.

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles-7/dexter-morgan-vs-walter-white-679746/

That's a really interesting fight.

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@neongamewave: This is movie Rorscach version?

Movie and comic feats are allowed but at the core its movie Rorschach being represented.

Rick_Grayson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is so tough to call, it definitely comes down to prep, otherwise Rorschach takes a handy 8 / 10 in H2H.

I can see Dexter trying an ambush, but Rorschach is far too paranoid to walk into any situation unguarded, and since he has a day prep I assume he knows something is going to go down. He's never being syringed under these conditions so it WILL come down to a fight. Now it just depends on the severity of surprise attack Dexter can manage to pull off to injure Rorschach before the H2H kicks off.

In this scenario I'll give Rorchach 7 / 10.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#31  Edited By ComicStooge

Dex recently got the crap kicked out of him by 3 thugs.

Rorschach is a pretty average combatant, but he's not that bad.

OptimusPalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By OptimusPalm

Rorschach wins, finally! He is far more used to this sort of battle.

It would be out of character for either contestant to bring a gun. So they either both have one or neither has one. Rorschach would have his grapnel gun though.

Avatar image for s0n_of_d3adp00l
S0N_of_D3ADP00L

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This match would be sick!!!! In terms of who wins, its pretty much even but I believe Rorschach does indeed have the slight majority.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This match would be sick!!!! In terms of who wins, its pretty much even but I believe Rorschach does indeed have the slight majority.

I can just imagine the tension throughout the episode.. *Shudders*

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By NeonGameWave

@s0n_of_d3adp00l said:

I can just imagine the tension throughout the episode.. *Shudders*

I agree it would be something truly special and amazing, the character interaction would be great!!

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BUMP

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

After thinking about it, if this was Dexter circa Season 1, he'd win. He was much more focused, driven and more deadly then current Dexter (something Dex himself has basically admitted).

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rorshach announces how Dexter is locked in with him.

Avatar image for iheartzombies92--defunct
IheartZombies92--defunct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Rorschach

hulkbuster94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By hulkbuster94

Fan Of both Rorschach and Dexter but Rorschach will beat him if Dex messes up on stalking him lol which is a massive possibility as Rorschach is very paranoid lol especially after the comedians death when he thinks there is someone picking off costumed heroes so yeah Rorschach wins.

Carter_esque

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

hoverslam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm leaning towards Rorshach if they start 20 feet apart and can see each other. Dexter has studied and used advanced jujitsu, and has some fairly impressive fighting feats, but Rorshach is nearly superhuman.

If Dexter gets time to hunt and can ambush Rorshach, it'd be closer. Dexter's greatest ability is prep and ambush. He's not a "fighter", he's an assassin. If he has to fight the guy he's at a disadvantage. He doesn't use guns but he's excellent with them - he had a single kill shot to the chest of a Cuban drug dealer from about 20 yards while the guy was falling over. He might just realize how dangerous Rorschach is up close and use a tranq gun and knock him out. His detective work is top tier - he'd find Rorshach.

Dexter wouldn't kill Rorschach though. He'd realize Rorshach is exactly like him, even down to only killing bad people, and it'd be Trinity all over again. He'd follow him and try to learn from him, only Rorschach would realize who Dexter is much faster than Trinity.