Devil-Slayer vs Nightcrawler

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By owie  Moderator
Devil-Slayer (the original) vs Nightcrawler (standard)

No morals, but not bloodlusted.  Battle takes place in an apple grove, starting 20' away.  Win by death, KO, or incapacitation, but not BFR.

Nightcrawler has three rapiers (one in each hand and one in his tail).  Devil-Slayer has his Shadow Cloak and a halberd, and can get other weapons from his cloak as desired. 

No tele-dismembering.  Devil-Slayer won't use his telekinesis or illusion casting, but can mind-read and use his danger sense and use his Shadow Cloak's powers (teleporting, using it to wrap around people and grab them, grabbing weapons from inside it).

Who wins and why? 

Devil-Slayer
Devil-Slayer

Nightcrawler
Nightcrawler
Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Ferro Vida

Devil Slayer. If he can predict where Kurt is going to appear then he has neutralized Kurt's fighting style.

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By owie  Moderator
@Ferro Vida said:

Devil Slayer. If he can predict where Kurt is going to appear then he has neutralized Kurt's fighting style.

Thanks for the answer.  I'm not sure Devil-Slayer's danger sense is good enough to know exactly where Kurt is going to appear.  Plus Kurt can do multiple teleportations pretty quickly, so Devil-Slayer may not be able to react to each one.

I do think Devil-Slayer has a decent chance of winning, but he's got to deal with multiple sword attacks from multiple angles.
robertloucksjr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By robertloucksjr

I loved Devil-Slayer as a kid even though I only had two comics with him in it. Shadow Cloak is cool, though orange was an unfortunate color choice. I love the magic medieval weapons.

Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By Ferro Vida

@Owie said:

@Ferro Vida said:

Thanks for the answer. I'm not sure Devil-Slayer's danger sense is good enough to know exactly where Kurt is going to appear. Plus Kurt can do multiple teleportations pretty quickly, so Devil-Slayer may not be able to react to each one. I do think Devil-Slayer has a decent chance of winning, but he's got to deal with multiple sword attacks from multiple angles.

Kraven the Hunter and Iron Fist have both predicted his teleportations without any kind of danger sense, so it isn't a stretch.

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By owie  Moderator
@robertloucksjr said:

I loved Devil-Slayer as a kid even though I only had two comics with him in it. Shadow Cloak is cool, though orange was an unfortunate color choice. I love the magic medieval weapons.

I definitely want to spread the love for Devil-Slayer.  A cool character with lots of potential.
sandiego008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By sandiego008

@Owie: i think devil slayer has this. Since they aren't blood lusted I dont see kurt going all out instantly against devil slayer thus giving devil slayer the edge. I believe a bloodlusted kurt would overwhelm devil slayer almost instantly with massive amounts of attacks and take the win in that scenario. But here, going with Devil Slayer.

Avatar image for New_World_Order
New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By New_World_Order

Devil Slayer.

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By owie  Moderator

Anyone else? I realized that Devil-Slayer's cloak won't really be able to grab Kurt, since he can just teleport out. So I'm not totally sure why everyone seems to think D-S will win. I'm totally fine with that, I just figured there would be more support for Kurt...more nimble, has 3 weapons at once, faster teleportation speed.