Despero vs Thanos

_Black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151  Edited By _Black

@The Dude.: I can respect that. And you are right that Thanos deals with larger cosmic threats.

FantasticMrFox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#152  Edited By FantasticMrFox

@SirMethos said:

@IKnowEverything: Making the Champion look like a chump, isn't particularly difficult. The Champion isn't exactly the swiftest guppy in the bowl.

That said, according to the OP, Despero has the Flames of Py'Tar, which means that on top of being physically superior(as well as a more powerful telepath), Despero is a Reality Warper. There is absolutely nothing in Thanos' arsenal that can counter that. Despero wins, easily.

You probably don't know that "reality has a minimal effect" on Thanos.The Maker,that happens to be a strong Reality Warper,far stronger than Despero,couldn't defeat Thanos.

Also, Despero's kind of mindrape seems to be "projecting images of himself fighting Superman & JLA".And when that does not work on Thanos,he begs for his life just like he did with Starro.And then Thanos one-shots him.

SirMethos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153  Edited By SirMethos

@FantasticMrFox: Alright, in that case, simply post a scan of Maker actually using Reality Warping against Thanos, and failing, and I'll concede the argument.

Mind you, the scan has to show Reality Warping on a level above what Despero is capable of.

FantasticMrFox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154  Edited By FantasticMrFox

@SirMethos: She blows-up the place and reduces everyone to the size of an ant,except Thanos.

http://i.imgur.com/CzwyH.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/kO2zJ.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/IKy3p.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/aGT9q.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/k1Qyn.jpg

Then ,she's surprised to see him again.

http://i.imgur.com/bsPHr.jpg

also,quoted from Comicvine' page on Despero:

• Reality Warping Being Fueled by the Flame of Py'tar also allowed him to bend reality to his will, turning skyscrapers to dragon-like creatures and stones into demons. He no longer retains this ability.
SirMethos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155  Edited By SirMethos

@FantasticMrFox:

Try actually reading the comic. The only thing she actually did to Thanos was blow him up(the explosion shown in your 2nd scan). She turned the others ant sized to protect them from the explosion, because they were her worshippers. Thanos on the other hand, was knocked unconscious by the explosion.

Hardly a case of her "using reality warping against Thanos", since the only thing she actually does "against Thanos" is cause the explosion. And not even a particularly impressive feat of durability for Thanos. It's actually a pretty low showing for him.

Avatar image for czarny_samael666
czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@SirMethos :
Thanos has shown resistance to reality warping in Thanos Quest. 
I don't have this scan in my images right now, so I have to use a quote:
@Killemall said:

@Deathangel458 said:

I think onslaught would win as he fought with the hulk.and jean had to shut of Bruce banner inside the hulk for the hulk to win. And hulk barely beat onslaught.And personally I think that hulk could take thanos on and beat him.plus onslaught has reality warping powers right?

WOW i am suprised, what makes you think Hulk can beat Thanos? While Thanos doesnt have a lot of feats when it comes to physical fights, because lets face it, when you have extremely powerful blast + telepathy on your side why would you bother with h2h fighting.

Thanos should beat Hulk every time.

Also thanos (or should i say was, as his status currently after Avengers Assemble 07 is a little questionable) isnt affected by reality warping ever since Thanos Quest 01.

to quote " Reality like all outside influences has a minimal effect on my being".

Given the fact that Onslaught's reality warping feat is very limited i dont think he could get the upper hand on Thanos with reality warping.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157  Edited By dondave

Thanos

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#158  Edited By Killemall

@SirMethos said:

@FantasticMrFox: Alright, in that case, simply post a scan of Maker actually using Reality Warping against Thanos, and failing, and I'll concede the argument.

Mind you, the scan has to show Reality Warping on a level above what Despero is capable of.

How about an obsenely powerful cosmic blast? O_o, wouldnt that work?

H2H Thanos is screwed :p but he has some pretty damn impressive energy blast, i suppose those could give him a solid advantage.

SirMethos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159  Edited By SirMethos

@czarny_samael666: While that is a far more impressive feat than the one provided by FantasticMrFox, it is(again) not actually a case of Reality Warping.

Thanos is, by his own words, traveling through various dimensions and realities, with differing laws of reality. All of which, Thanos survives, despite the effects it has on his body.

The scan actually shows that Reality Warping can affect him, due to his body being visibly affected by changes in the laws of reality.

@Killemall: Which "obscenely powerful cosmic blast" are you talking about? The explosion caused by the Maker is hardly "obscenely powerful". Thanos has survived considerably worse, and with far less injury.

As for Thanos' own energy blasting. I honestly can't remember any Energy Blasting feats from Thanos, that shows him capable of putting Despero down.

That said: So far, none of the people arguing for Thanos winning the match, has actually provided anything that conclusively shows that Thanos is actually capable of winning.

FantasticMrFox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160  Edited By FantasticMrFox

...contrary to your own proven arguments,lol. thanos has gone toe to toe with far greater beings eg maker,tyrant,odin whereas despero has only fought against heroes less powered than him,and he has lost to fucking sharks. so we've seen a metal spear rip through his body and here you're saying that thanos hasn't shown that he can harm him.

truth is, thanos can one shot him cause his durability is shit.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161  Edited By Killemall

@SirMethos said:

@czarny_samael666: While that is a far more impressive feat than the one provided by FantasticMrFox, it is(again) not actually a case of Reality Warping.

Did you not read the scan? It is resisting reality warping.

Thanos is, by his own words, traveling through various dimensions and realities, with differing laws of reality. All of which, Thanos survives, despite the effects it has on his body.

Thanos is travelling from 616 universe to realm of Order and Chaos, where all realities are formed. In the process he has to go through myrid of reality altering forces and he reaches the realm just fine. Certainly shows he has the ability to resist it.

The scan actually shows that Reality Warping can affect him, due to his body being visibly affected by changes in the laws of reality.

Are we going to ignore the fact Thanos himself says, reality doesnt affect him. OR him being just fine and effectively reaching the nexus of order and chaos? I mean come on, how biased can you get to make excuses from this point?

@Killemall: Which "obscenely powerful cosmic blast" are you talking about? The explosion caused by the Maker is hardly "obscenely powerful". Thanos has survived considerably worse, and with far less injury.

As for Thanos' own energy blasting. I honestly can't remember any Energy Blasting feats from Thanos, that shows him capable of putting Despero down.

That said: So far, none of the people arguing for Thanos winning the match, has actually provided anything that conclusively shows that Thanos is actually capable of winning.

Thanos has shown many powerful energy blast and the best feat thus far is here.

Fights and kills ROT an abstract level being, the son of Lady Death and Thanos, and the full blast from thanos apparently "Makes the universe scream"

More specifically this scan

And what it accomplished.

Bane_of_sith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162  Edited By Bane_of_sith

Another victory for the mad Titan

SirMethos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163  Edited By SirMethos

@Killemall:

"Did you not read the scan? It is resisting reality warping."

No, it is not "resisting reality warping". By that logic, I am "resistant" to temperature manipulation, considering that I just walked from 79 degrees F, to 41 degrees F, to 70 degrees F, and back again. And have gone from a hot sauna, to below freezing, on several occasions in the past.

In the scan, Thanos is moving through various dimensions, with differing laws of reality. Each 'area', has it's own specific laws of reality, i.e. specific "influences". And yes, Thanos manages to move all of them just fine. It's an impressive feat of durability, regeneration, and arguably matter manipulation. Which I've already pointed out. But that =/= reality warping.

"Are we going to ignore the fact Thanos himself says, reality doesnt affect him."

We clearly see that 'reality' does affect him. His physical body is mangled, melted, dissolved, etc. So to say that "reality doesn't affect him" is at best, hyperbole. and at worst, pure bull.

"OR him being just fine and effectively reaching the nexus of order and chaos?"

When have we started ignoring that?

As I've already pointed out, it is a very impressive feat of durability, and of the fact that he is barred from Death's realm. I'm not the one trying to make the feat into something that it isn't. Quite the contrary, unlike yourself, I'm taking the feat for exactly what it is, without trying to interpret it.

"Thanos has shown many powerful energy blast and the best feat thus far is here."

I'm fully aware of what Thanos is capable of. Which is why I pointed out that the explosion caused by the Maker, as shown in the scan, is not particularly impressive, since Thanos has gone through far worse, with far less damage than he took from the Maker. I.e. the feat against the Maker, is a low showing for Thanos.

The problem with debating about Thanos, is that a lot of his fans, tend to make his feats seem far more impressive than they actually are, instead of simply letting Thanos win, or lose, on his own merits.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#164  Edited By Saren

Despero's ability to warp reality was limited to one story that took place over 20 years ago. His body was destroyed in that story, and after it was reformed he no longer retained his reality warping abilities. Literally anyone who has read the story would know that. I am unsure as to why or how abilities Despero has not had for the last 2 decades would play a part in this confrontation.

SirMethos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165  Edited By SirMethos

@CitizenBane: Those abilities play a part in this confrontation, because the OP has directly stated that Despero has those abilities(the Flames of Py'tar) in this fight.

Reading. ftw.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166  Edited By Killemall

@SirMethos said:

@Killemall:

"Did you not read the scan? It is resisting reality warping."

No, it is not "resisting reality warping". By that logic, I am "resistant" to temperature manipulation, considering that I just walked from 79 degrees F, to 41 degrees F, to 70 degrees F, and back again. And have gone from a hot sauna, to below freezing, on several occasions in the past.

What are you talking about again? Where is the degree in temprature coming from?

Thanos resisted attack from myriad of reality, coming from various faces of realities, leading to a place where all realities are created. I see no reason to believe Despero's reality warping are even half as potent as that let alone more powerful.

"Are we going to ignore the fact Thanos himself says, reality doesnt affect him."

We clearly see that 'reality' does affect him. His physical body is mangled, melted, dissolved, etc. So to say that "reality doesn't affect him" is at best, hyperbole. and at worst, pure bull.

Look at what the issues is trying to show. The myraid of reality exerted various influences on him, is he hurt no. His body was mangled, melted, dissolved, thats Starlin's way of showing reality affecting him, yet him being unphased. If Thanos was being affected by reality, wouldnt you expect being melted would at the least knock him out, that never happened. The panel clearly says "Reality as any other extremely influence has very little effect on him", which is the writer telling you despite being subject to a universal reality warp, he wasnt much affected.

And how exactly is that a hyperbole? I would love an explanation.

"OR him being just fine and effectively reaching the nexus of order and chaos?"

When have we started ignoring that?

As I've already pointed out, it is a very impressive feat of durability, and of the fact that he is barred from Death's realm. I'm not the one trying to make the feat into something that it isn't. Quite the contrary, unlike yourself, I'm taking the feat for exactly what it is, without trying to interpret it.

You are ignoring it. Firstly you are saying reality affects him, yet he is neither phase, nor weakened after having suffered all those myrid of realities. So doesnt that effectively show, the various reality he faced had minimal effect on him. I would love to see you show anything to the contrary.

"Thanos has shown many powerful energy blast and the best feat thus far is here."

I'm fully aware of what Thanos is capable of. Which is why I pointed out that the explosion caused by the Maker, as shown in the scan, is not particularly impressive, since Thanos has gone through far worse, with far less damage than he took from the Maker. I.e. the feat against the Maker, is a low showing for Thanos.

The problem with debating about Thanos, is that a lot of his fans, tend to make his feats seem far more impressive than they actually are, instead of simply letting Thanos win, or lose, on his own merits.

1. Why are you brining up Kosmos instance when the issue being addressed is about his ability to produce energy attack.

2.While Kosmos feat isnt impressive, its certainly a very good showing of durability (i.e thats where his durability lies, to do any better against a pissed off Kosmos should be beyond him). Kosmos is a complete cosmic cube being, and we have seen 2 incomplete cosmic cube being fight and affect the multiverse with it. We have also a direct quote from Kubik, the shaper of world saying Kosmos is his equal. The way i see it, thats pretty much where his durability lies. without his shields cosmic cube and cosmic cube being should be able to KO him. In the very same issue it was made clear Kosmos is privy of unlimited energy, it was also made clear in the preceeding issue that Kosmos was capable of destroying the universe , although by channeling the power of the church. Fairly put, Thanos is not powerful enough to really withstand what Kosmos can throw at him. Kosmos is not a silver surfer level character, she was when he was merely on on first incarnation called "her". After being retconned to a cosmic cube being she has always been outside of Thanos paygrade quite a while.

Also the particular issue was written by Starlin who for one is never going to make Thanos job, after all he was the one who has spent retconning every instance Thanos jobbed, including losing a battle against an amped up Odin Force Thor.

The way i see in physically Thanos is not matching Despero, he is stronger but certainly not strong to a point he could knock Thanos out with a punch or anything like that. More durable against physical attack. But Thanos has very powerful energy blast, and i for one certainly dont see Despero surving the blast Thanos used against Rot. Although it was Thanos giving it all, and looked exhaused, and reasonable to believe he might not be able to use a blast of same magnitude again, but i still think 1 would work.

Then we have him ragdolling Galactus, albiet himself admits he did not hurt galactus. Given the fact that in recent Thor annual, Galactus was hit by an amped up Godblast from Thor, enchanced through Silver Surfer and Rachel and the blast didnt even buzz him, that shows how powerful his blast is.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#167  Edited By Saren

@SirMethos said:

@CitizenBane: Those abilities play a part in this confrontation, because the OP has directly stated that Despero has those abilities(the Flames of Py'tar) in this fight.

Reading. ftw.

Do you have any idea what you're talking about? At all? Seriously? The Flame of Py'tar was the artifact that transformed Despero's body from a thin Kalinorian waif into the hulking monstrosity that everyone's familiar with. It didn't just give Despero reality warping, it also gave him the strength and durability that he uses to slap around the JLA. Once he lost his reality warping abilities, he still had his strength and durability that the Flame of Py'tar had provided. The OP is a copy/paste job of a wiki that states Despero's strength comes from the Flame of Py'tar, and that's a fact. At no point does the OP state Despero has his reality warping abilities. What you've just said above is analogous to claiming that if an OP says "Thor has Mjolnir", it automatically follows that Thor has his time manipulation powers since they were at one point provided by Mjolnir, even though Thor was stripped of them a long time ago. It's not only analogous, it's exactly the same thing. And all that aside, what exactly do you think Despero got up to with his reality warping? His best feats with it were creating a whole bunch of fireballs and making a stone dragon. What reality warping abilities are you raving about, exactly? He did nothing that a mediocre matter manipulator couldn't duplicate. I'd advise you to read the Despero Reborn story first to save yourself some embarrassment. I'm not even going to get into how that version of Despero was pressure-pointed by Vixen. Reading ftw indeed.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#168  Edited By Lvenger

CitizenBane and Killemeall for the win rather.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169  Edited By Killemall

@Lvenger said:

CitizenBane and Killemeall for the win rather.

Its more like i started the debate,@CitizenBaneended it :p

Bane's the boss :)

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170  Edited By XiiX

Thanos(that shield is a real b!tch).

jobbernos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171  Edited By jobbernos

bump

hardcorefakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oops, it looks like Thanos just had his mind wiped. Pity. His fans will not be pleased......

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173  Edited By comic_book_fan

with reality warping despero wins.

without it thanos rips out his spine and hangs him with it.

Strike3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174  Edited By Strike3

@lordraiden: Thanos wins. Despero's durability has always been questionable. Thanos destroyed one of his clones with his firepower - Despero was once ko's by heat vision.

Avatar image for sheryinistoosexy
sheryinistoosexy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is one of the closest battles.

Artyom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers