User Lists: 0

Despero

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

@roddy010: Beating Martian Manhunter telepathically in basically all of their encounter's and also taking over his mind (which couldn't be accomplished by 9 Nine amped White Martians) during Crisis of Conscience

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@dondave said:

Despero

What feats does Despereo?

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 juiceboks  Moderator

Despero should take this.

Avatar image for New_World_Order
New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Despero.

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Roddy010

@dondave said:

@roddy010: Beating Martian Manhunter telepathically in basically all of their encounter's and also taking over his mind (which couldn't be accomplished by 9 Nine amped White Martians) during Crisis of Conscience

Ok gotcha. This is very impressive but I honestly have seen nothing that say MM is superior to Xavier. Despero beating MM is his best feat?

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

this would be a hell of a fight I don't know who wins I want to say Charles but I can't say for sure.

ferventking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ferventking

@dondave: didn't MM just own Desparo in a TP fight?

Avatar image for inconvenient_truth
Inconvenient_Truth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dondave: didn't MM just own Desparo in a TP fight?

That's in the New 52, previously Despero has shown to be a more powerful telepath than Martian Manhunter

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@roddy010 said:

What feats does Despereo?

After this fight, his feats will include completely destroying Xavier.

Despero made Martian Manhunter, who is more powerful at TP than Xavier, drool. Despero would crush Xavier and all the X-Men at the same time.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By comic_book_fan

Xavier has probed the mind of beyonder and pushed his way into galactus mind while carrying the consciousness of billions of skrulls while sitting on a distant moon and all of the early onslaught feats were basically just Xavier's full potential mimicking magneto's powers.

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@willpayton: This proves nothing my friend. I have yet to see a feat that puts MM above Xavier. Despero defeating him, though impressive, doesn't constitute a win for him.

Inconvenient_Truth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@roddy010 said:

@willpayton: This proves nothing my friend. I have yet to see a feat that puts MM above Xavier. Despero defeating him, though impressive, doesn't constitute a win for him.

hmm. could you show proof and reasons for why you think xavier is better than despero?

Wardemon32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why do these people feel that Xavier is better?

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@roddy010 said:

hmm. could you show proof and reasons for why you think xavier is better than despero?

When did I say this?

Anyways if you want feats I can post a few.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@roddy010 said:

Courtesy @killemall:

Justice League of America #64: J'onn/Bloodwynd breaks through Starbreaker's (the dude who can consume the energy of suns like J'onn consumes cookies) psychic defenses and probes his mind to uncover his history until the latter manages to eject him with some effort.

JLA: A Midsummer's Nightmare #2: Telepathically scouring the minds of everyone on Earth; nearly all of them had superpowers courtesy of Dr. Destiny's reality warping.

JLA #15: Forces the Joker to become sane for a while. Joker at the time was in possession of the Worlogog, an object that can warp time and space on a massive scale (Hourman has used it to freeze an entire universe still, and Extant has repeatedly used it to make reality his b!tch) and was using it to create a ten thousand mile earthquake on the Earth from the Moon. J'onn stepped in and cut off his thoughts from the Worlogog, allowing Flash to snatch it out of his hands.

JLA #21: J'onn was the only member of the League who could shield his mind from the telepathic En'Tarans, who enslaved the rest of the League as well as the entire population of the planet Rann.

JLA #23: Earth is attacked by several Star Conquerors, each one capable of putting an entire continent the size of North America to sleep. J'onn protects Aquaman when one of them starts to invade his mind, and later broadcasts a counter-frequency that forces all the Star Conquerors to leave Earth.

Martian Manhunter #4: Scans the minds of everyone on Earth to find the person who killed his partner on the police force.

Martian Manhunter Annual #2: Gorilla Grodd builds a device that amps his telepathic powers to the point where he's above J'onn in sheer psychic ability; but the Martian still beats him anyway by literally talking Grodd into giving himself brain damage.

JLA #35: Enters the Spectre's mind and forces him onto the astral plane, pulling the rest of the JLA along for the ride.

JLA #40: Breaks through Mageddon's psychic defenses to reach Superman.

JLA #41: Breaking through Mageddon's telepathic defenses again to connect Batman to Superman.

This is one of J'onn's more impressive telepathy feats because Mageddon was an extremely powerful telepath. To put the feat of getting past its psychic defenses into perspective, these are some of the things Mageddon has done: practically destroying Hector Hammond's (a planetary-scale telepath) mind, causing two wars to break out in the space of five minutes, forcing an entire planet full of the Old Gods (a single Old God could reality warp everyone on Earth to give them powers) to kill each other, driving everyone on Earth out of their minds with rage and fear and making them go to war, and with the exception of that last feat, all the others were done while Mageddon was light years away from its target.

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

I haven't read much X-Men but doesn't Xavier often use a machine to enhance his abilities?

Avatar image for herecomestheboom_headshot
HereComesTheBoom_Headshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am among many who see Xavier as the superior telepath, for me it was partial to @comic_book_fan 's explanation.

Inconvenient_Truth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am among many who see Xavier as the superior telepath, for me it was partial to @comic_book_fan 's explanation.

what did you think of the scans ?

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pokeysteve:

he used to because it made things easier for him at one time magneto had a electro magnetic field that would hurt Charles if he didn't use cerebro but he never really needed it and has been able to probe the minds of everyone on earth since he was like 10 or 12 I think.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sethlol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Sethlol

Despero stomps here.

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By comic_book_fan
Inconvenient_Truth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Inconvenient_Truth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bane_of_sith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd take the professor,,in a tuff fight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@inconvenient_truth: Already said why. No need to say more when Xavier's best feats were provided by @comic_book_fan. I'm limited to do things on my phone.

Inconvenient_Truth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@inconvenient_truth: Already said why. No need to say more when Xavier's best feats were provided by @comic_book_fan. I'm limited to do things on my phone.

he had basically reading the minds of galactus. martian manhunter has touched the mind of spectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@inconvenient_truth: Cool, and I don't see Spectre as more powerful than Galactus. What's your point?

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By comic_book_fan

he probed beyonder's mind as well beyonder was more powerful than spectre at the time

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By willpayton

Xavier has probed the mind of beyonder and pushed his way into galactus mind while carrying the consciousness of billions of skrulls while sitting on a distant moon and all of the early onslaught feats were basically just Xavier's full potential mimicking magneto's powers.

Scans?

"Probing" the mind of Beyonder might or might not be a good feat. If Beyonder didnt care what Xavier did then he might not have had any defenses in place, which would make it a non-feat.

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

it was a retcon feat but it took place during secret wars.

and he probed the mind of every living thing in the universe for a brief moment this was un related to the beyonder feat and was for a very short time and caused him great pain but he did it so it shows it was in his power.

Moonman78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Despero wins, Xavier's max is higher than despero, possibly much higher but he never goes max, and is often captured by the Likes of shadow king

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Dextersinister

@comic_book_fan said:

it was a retcon feat but it took place during secret wars.

and he probed the mind of every living thing in the universe for a brief moment this was un related to the beyonder feat and was for a very short time and caused him great pain but he did it so it shows it was in his power.

These are funny feats that in context aren't always a measure of telepathic power. Normally skill.

This is the same Xavier that had his powers blocked by devices a bunch of school kids acquire and a few writers have actually shown him requiring all his concentration to fully control one person, control not influence. Funnily enough you won't find those on his respect thread

chiq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can people show some of Xavier's best feats? I feel like he is being underrated here...battling dark phoenix on infinite planes of existence, making phoenix Namor, Thor, etc.. sleep with minimun effort. Gathering the thoughts and feelings of the entire skrull home world, Onslaught.

Dark Cloud™

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Xavier would be awesome as a Phoenix Force avatar.

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By comic_book_fan

everyone has low showings if you look iam sure manhunter has equally bad showings you got to look at more recent and how they are usually depicted and if you look at it like that manhunter and Charles are at least equals not to mention when Xavier got his powers back after the onslaught he read every thought that ever was thought in the marvel universe.

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Dextersinister

@comic_book_fan:Telepathy within the Marvel universe in general has been weakened considerably because it's so prevalent and if it worked just as it says on the tin for the good guys it would ruin all the stories so the writers have been nerfing it considerably with people immune or resistant for the any old reason such as Deadpool or Magik to Tony casually tossing a device in AvsX that shocked a telepath if they attempted to use there powers, there was an entire thread dedicated to this subject on comic book resources.

In MM case he does have some of the similar low showings, for instance the classic somethings blocking my telepathy but more often than not they treated him like classic Xavier sitting back at the base watching screens to avoid auto-winning the battles. The DC universes lack of telepathy among the heroes means they didn't have to resort to Marvels measures.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

when Xavier got his powers back after the onslaught he read every thought that ever was thought in the marvel universe.

Nothing of the sort happened. The narration said Xavier "felt like he'd been dumped into a pit containing every thought in the universe" as a way to express his pain, fanboys who have no idea how metaphor works immediately started claiming he read every thought in the universe.

Inconvenient_Truth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comic_book_fan said:

when Xavier got his powers back after the onslaught he read every thought that ever was thought in the marvel universe.

Nothing of the sort happened. The narration said Xavier "felt like he'd been dumped into a pit containing every thought in the universe" as a way to express his pain, fanboys who have no idea how metaphor works immediately started claiming he read every thought in the universe.

wow thats a huge jump to make based on the narration

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

what ever he still can match the Martian feat by feat so he is at least equals with him plus he can effect the minds of animals and still probe your mind and use his powers while unconscious I have never seen the Martian do either of those things.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

what ever he still can match the Martian feat by feat so he is at least equals with him plus he can effect the minds of animals and still probe your mind and use his powers while unconscious I have never seen the Martian do either of those things.

He did it in JLA Classified #52

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Inconvenient_Truth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dondave: wonder if you'll get a touche atleast this time

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

Despero should be able to do it.

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Despero.

I'm not convinced that Xavier would be able to take Martian Manhunter, let alone Despero.

Thanofleeze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Didn't Xavier have trouble with Shadow King?