Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Push
@Morpheus_ said:
"Silver Surfer solos. "

thankyou.  someone with some common sense. 
Push

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By Push
@Silver2467 said:
" @Push said: 
Again, they don't have too.  It's not Despero vs Gladiator, or BRB, it's Despero vs Gladiator, BRB, SS, Quasar, Nova and Ronan.  Nova's provenn himself enough to actually request and lead this team, having fought in now three of the biggest cosmic/universal wars in Marvel, so one thing this team is not gonna lack, is teamwork and leadership.  Despero will be lucky to get to or take down the weakest link, Ronan, before Ronan's team gets to him and drops him something chronic.  Sorry, this is a no contest, seriously, as I honestly believe that Despero vs SS alone is a battle he would struggle with, throw in the rest of this killer team, and again, people need to stop pitting a single being, unless he's close to skyfather level, at taking on, let alone downn, this team of Cosmic Avengers.  I recall seeing a Majestic vs this team thread not long ago, again, silly imo. "
Why do they not have to? Despero has mind controlled numerous JLA members simultaneously. He is not restricted to doing so individually. As for you point about leadership, that does not prove much. Again, I refer to the JLA, who have actually worked with one another much longer than this team has, I might add, and he has still demolished them. As for Majestic, it really is not that far-fetched.  "

Then we must be reading different comic books!
Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By Silver2467
@Morpheus_: How so?  

@Lance Uppercut: Again, if she had demonstrated those abilities, it would not matter to me how powerful she is with them. Maybe Morpheus will provide a scan showing that Surfer can protect others mentally, but to my knowledge, he has not done so. I am not comparing Surfer to M. I am using her as an example that because one character is capable of a certain ability with a given power does not mean that another is also. If there was some evidence for that, such as a showing or statement, then I would concede to you on that. 
Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Silver2467
@Push said:
" @Silver2467 said:
" @Push said: 
Again, they don't have too.  It's not Despero vs Gladiator, or BRB, it's Despero vs Gladiator, BRB, SS, Quasar, Nova and Ronan.  Nova's provenn himself enough to actually request and lead this team, having fought in now three of the biggest cosmic/universal wars in Marvel, so one thing this team is not gonna lack, is teamwork and leadership.  Despero will be lucky to get to or take down the weakest link, Ronan, before Ronan's team gets to him and drops him something chronic.  Sorry, this is a no contest, seriously, as I honestly believe that Despero vs SS alone is a battle he would struggle with, throw in the rest of this killer team, and again, people need to stop pitting a single being, unless he's close to skyfather level, at taking on, let alone downn, this team of Cosmic Avengers.  I recall seeing a Majestic vs this team thread not long ago, again, silly imo. "
Why do they not have to? Despero has mind controlled numerous JLA members simultaneously. He is not restricted to doing so individually. As for you point about leadership, that does not prove much. Again, I refer to the JLA, who have actually worked with one another much longer than this team has, I might add, and he has still demolished them. As for Majestic, it really is not that far-fetched.  "
Then we must be reading different comic books! "
That is off-topic anyway. If you want to discuss that, go bump the thread. 
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#55  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
The Surfer purged a human woman from mind control from the Other, once, as well as channeled the psychic totality of his power and fend them off, and that was before the recent development that he is untouchable in the astral plane. And the Other were powerful enough to mind wipe Galactus.
lordraiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By lordraiden

Cosmic Avengers for a damn easy win.
Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Silver2467
@Morpheus_ said:
" The Surfer purged a human woman from mind control from the Other, once, as well as channel the psychic totality of his power and fend them off, and that was before the recent development that he is untouchable in the astral plane. And the Other were powerful enough to mind wipe Galactus. "
Thanks for the information. 
Lance Uppercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#58  Edited By Lance Uppercut
@Silver2467 said:
"

@Lance Uppercut: Again, if she had demonstrated those abilities, it would not matter to me how powerful she is with them. Maybe Morpheus will provide a scan showing that Surfer can protect others mentally, but to my knowledge, he has not done so. I am not comparing Surfer to M. I am using her as an example that because one character is capable of a certain ability with a given power does not mean that another is also. If there was some evidence for that, such as a showing or statement, then I would concede to you on that.  "
That's exactly what you're doing. 
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#59  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@Silver2467 said:
" @Morpheus_: How so?    "
By being impossible to hurt in the one area Despero decides to employ most, if not all the time in his fights.
Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Silver2467
@Morpheus_ said:
" @Silver2467 said:
" @Morpheus_: How so?    "
By being impossible to hurt in the one area Despero decides to employ most, if not all the time in his fights. "
Fair point. 
OldIdiotAccount

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#61  Edited By OldIdiotAccount
@geraldthesloth said:
" I think the Cosmic Avengers. "
Avatar image for czarny_samael666
czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By czarny_samael666
@Silver2467 said:
" @czarny_samael: If there was a statement made that Surfer could protect others telepathically, then I would accept that. The problem is that, as of yet, I have not evidence to support the claim that he can. Telepaths are not all the same. If it were an ability that is the same, no matter who uses it, then I would not complain, but telepathy is different for different telepaths. As for who Despero can control, Nova and Gladiator's resistances do not outweigh the Martian's based on feats, who Despero has easily mentally dominated.  "
No, I was talking about situation in which he won't be able to do it.
1.Rachel's TP is very good and he broke her illusion. I am sure that Despero's is better, but:
a)We were talking about taking control on Gladiator by Despero (not just drop his confidence or taking him out)
and
b)He isn't his only enemy. Despero won't have a chance to pay full atention on him.
And I've already admitt, that even when this will be difficult, Despero (without paying too much attention on Kallark) can eliminate him from this battle (but only eliminate).
2.Nova's TP resistance is very high. I would even say that it is close to be immune. And again it isn't "one on one". I am not sure how it is going in DC, but in Marvel, You can be immune to TP even by using Earth tech.
3.I think we agree about others.
4.I belive that if this will be one on one with Quasar, Quasar will be able to win it if he will use his best abilities.
Achilles.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#63  Edited By Achilles.

CA

Avatar image for despero_is_the_beginning
Despero is the beginning

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@czarny_samael said:
" @Silver2467 said:
" @czarny_samael: If there was a statement made that Surfer could protect others telepathically, then I would accept that. The problem is that, as of yet, I have not evidence to support the claim that he can. Telepaths are not all the same. If it were an ability that is the same, no matter who uses it, then I would not complain, but telepathy is different for different telepaths. As for who Despero can control, Nova and Gladiator's resistances do not outweigh the Martian's based on feats, who Despero has easily mentally dominated.  "
No, I was talking about situation in which he won't be able to do it. 1.Rachel's TP is very good and he broke her illusion. I am sure that Despero's is better, but: a)We were talking about taking control on Gladiator by Despero (not just drop his confidence or taking him out) and b)He isn't his only enemy. Despero won't have a chance to pay full atention on him. And I've already admitt, that even when this will be difficult, Despero (without paying too much attention on Kallark) can eliminate him from this battle (but only eliminate). 2.Nova's TP resistance is very high. I would even say that it is close to be immune. And again it isn't "one on one". I am not sure how it is going in DC, but in Marvel, You can be immune to TP even by using Earth tech. 3.I think we agree about others. 4.I belive that if this will be one on one with Quasar, Quasar will be able to win it if he will use his best abilities. "
Where has Nova shown to be immune to high level TP? The Martian has greater mental abilities than everyone on the CA except for maybe Norrin (If Norrin can even be considered better), Despero has better feats than any of the other CA in the TP realm. The only time he wasn't the outright dominant force mentally was against Starro and J'onn one time with the Deus ex Machina make Despero believe he won trick J'onn pulled out of his a$$.  To me it comes down to how quickly Norrin can beak Despero's hold on Gladiator, Ronan, and Nova. Because Norrin could be all alone pretty quickly.
CosmicSpiral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By CosmicSpiral
@Despero is the beginning said:
" @czarny_samael said:
" @Silver2467 said:
No, I was talking about situation in which he won't be able to do it. 1.Rachel's TP is very good and he broke her illusion. I am sure that Despero's is better, but: a)We were talking about taking control on Gladiator by Despero (not just drop his confidence or taking him out) and b)He isn't his only enemy. Despero won't have a chance to pay full atention on him. And I've already admitt, that even when this will be difficult, Despero (without paying too much attention on Kallark) can eliminate him from this battle (but only eliminate). 2.Nova's TP resistance is very high. I would even say that it is close to be immune. And again it isn't "one on one". I am not sure how it is going in DC, but in Marvel, You can be immune to TP even by using Earth tech. 3.I think we agree about others. 4.I belive that if this will be one on one with Quasar, Quasar will be able to win it if he will use his best abilities. "
Where has Nova shown to be immune to high level TP? The Martian has greater mental abilities than everyone on the CA except for maybe Norrin (If Norrin can even be considered better), Despero has better feats than any of the other CA in the TP realm. The only time he wasn't the outright dominant force mentally was against Starro and J'onn one time with the Deus ex Machina make Despero believe he won trick J'onn pulled out of his a$$.  To me it comes down to how quickly Norrin can beak Despero's hold on Gladiator, Ronan, and Nova. Because Norrin could be all alone pretty quickly. "
Nova has psi-shields.  

I can see Despero doing that hypnosis trick on Ronan and Gladiator. 
Avatar image for despero_is_the_beginning
Despero is the beginning

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I forgot to mention Quasar (I think he can over come and psi-shields Nova may have in place), Despero was able to control Hal Jordan and J'onn simultaneously  which makes me think he should be able to handle anyone but Norrin outright.

Avatar image for czarny_samael666
czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By czarny_samael666
@Despero is the beginning said:
" I forgot to mention Quasar (I think he can over come and psi-shields Nova may have in place), Despero was able to control Hal Jordan and J'onn simultaneously  which makes me think he should be able to handle anyone but Norrin outright. "
Telepathy isn't the best ability to defeat Marvel-enemies since even Earth tech allow them be immune to TP.
difficlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By difficlus
@Silver2467 said:
" @Push: Again, Gladiator does not have the feats to say he could resist a telepath on the order of Despero and, to my knowledge, neither does Beta Ray Bill. As for the scans you showed, he has also withstood attacks from numerous JLA powerhouses on par with SuperMan and defeated several using physical power alone.  "
you still haven't told me if Despero can survive or has survived transmutation by someone on surfers level...
Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Silver2467
@difficlus said:

" @Silver2467 said:

" @Push: Again, Gladiator does not have the feats to say he could resist a telepath on the order of Despero and, to my knowledge, neither does Beta Ray Bill. As for the scans you showed, he has also withstood attacks from numerous JLA powerhouses on par with SuperMan and defeated several using physical power alone.  "
you still haven't told me if Despero can survive or has survived transmutation by someone on surfers level... "
1. This thread was ended a while ago. 2. If you read my comments throughout this thread, I never even once stated that Despero wins. I was simply debating whether or not his telepathy would work on the characters. Sorry if I gave you that impression though. 

@czarny_samael said:

" @Despero is the beginning said:

" I forgot to mention Quasar (I think he can over come and psi-shields Nova may have in place), Despero was able to control Hal Jordan and J'onn simultaneously  which makes me think he should be able to handle anyone but Norrin outright. "
Telepathy isn't the best ability to defeat Marvel-enemies since even Earth tech allow them be immune to TP. "
Not the best ability to defeat DC enemies either. BatMan, for instance, has Brainwave's neural band, which shielded his mind from several White Martians. 
difficlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By difficlus
@Silver2467 said:

" @difficlus said:

" @Silver2467 said:

you still haven't told me if Despero can survive or has survived transmutation by someone on surfers level... "
1. This thread was ended a while ago. 2. If you read my comments throughout this thread, I never even once stated that Despero wins. I was simply debating whether or not his telepathy would work on the characters. Sorry if I gave you that impression though. 

oh ok..fair enough...