#1  Edited By stevon
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By King_Saturn
Silver Surfer, Gladiator and Beta Ray Bill could provide a few problems for Despero... hmmm... 
sexy_merc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By sexy_merc

Silver Sufer might tip the favor for them but if Despero mind controls some members, it could spell trouble for the Cosmic Avengers.

geraldthesloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By geraldthesloth

I think the Cosmic Avengers.

Lance Uppercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Lance Uppercut

Couldn't surfer protect them from mind control? 

geraldthesloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By geraldthesloth
@Lance Uppercut said:
" Couldn't surfer protect them from mind control?  "
That's what I was thinking.
difficlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By difficlus
@Lance Uppercut said:

he sure can, im sure he could also try to blitz Despero (likely wont work) or just create a blackhole inside or around him. Cosmic Avengers get my vote...
Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Silver2467
@Lance Uppercut said:
Has he ever demonstrated that ability? And has he ever demonstrated that ability against a telepath as powerful as Despero?
Lance Uppercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Lance Uppercut
@geraldthesloth said:
" @Lance Uppercut said:
That's what I was thinking. "
Yeah. If he can do that, I think Bill and Gladiator and Nova can just bound on him from a distance with energy attacks and Gladiators heat beams. 
difficlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By difficlus
@Silver2467 said:
" @Lance Uppercut said:
Has he ever demonstrated that ability? And has he ever demonstrated that ability against a telepath as powerful as Despero? "
well he withstood Moondragon with the soul gem, and that pretty darn great because with it she was supposed to be able to manupilate the mind of anyone who has or will ever exist in anyway she wants...
Lance Uppercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Lance Uppercut
@Silver2467 said:
" @Lance Uppercut said:
Has he ever demonstrated that ability? And has he ever demonstrated that ability against a telepath as powerful as Despero? "
I'd have to ask Morpheus. His knowledge of the Surfer is far superior to my own. 
Suggs44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By Suggs44

Cosmic Avengers

Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Silver2467
@difficlus said:
" @Silver2467 said:
" @Lance Uppercut said:
well he withstood Moondragon with the soul gem, and that pretty darn great because with it she was supposed to be able to manupilate the mind of anyone who has or will ever exist in anyway she wants... "
Not his own resistance. I was referring to protecting others telepathically. I was never going to make the case for Despero telepathically affecting Surfer, since he cannot be affected telepathically anyway. 
difficlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By difficlus
@Silver2467 said:
" @difficlus said:
" @Silver2467 said:
" @Lance Uppercut said:
well he withstood Moondragon with the soul gem, and that pretty darn great because with it she was supposed to be able to manupilate the mind of anyone who has or will ever exist in anyway she wants... "
Not his own resistance. I was referring to protecting others telepathically. I was never going to make the case for Despero telepathically affecting Surfer, since he cannot be affected telepathically anyway.  "
he can simply trap them all in his board until the battle is over...lol. Best method for SS is to try an astral attack or something crazy like a blackhole...
Lance Uppercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Lance Uppercut
@Silver2467 said:
" @difficlus said:
" @Silver2467 said:
" @Lance Uppercut said:
Not his own resistance. I was referring to protecting others telepathically. I was never going to make the case for Despero telepathically affecting Surfer, since he cannot be affected telepathically anyway.  "
Do you really see a reason why he couldn't? If he can shield himself from other telepaths, why couldn't he do it for someone else? He has psychic abilities. He doesn't need every feat ever shown to be able to do what other psychics do. You're a good debater most of the time, but you feel like every question has to be answered about the ability ever. 
Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Silver2467
@difficlus said:
" @Silver2467 said:
" @difficlus said:
" @Silver2467 said:
" @Lance Uppercut said:
he can simply trap them all in his board until the battle is over...lol. Best method for SS is to try an astral attack or something crazy like a blackhole... "
Neither of which would defeat Despero. Unless Surfer can protect his allies from telepathic manipulation, Despero will have the Cosmic Avengers battling Surfer, along with himself, who could already contend with Surfer. 
Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Silver2467
@Lance Uppercut said:
" @Silver2467 said:
" @difficlus said:
" @Silver2467 said:
" @Lance Uppercut said:
Do you really see a reason why he couldn't? If he can shield himself from other telepaths, why couldn't he do it for someone else? He has psychic abilities. He doesn't need every feat ever shown to be able to do what other psychics do. You're a good debater most of the time, but you feel like every question has to be answered about the ability ever.  "
Because unless you can prove that, what reason do I have to believe it is possible? Not every telepath demonstrates the abilities of other telepaths. 
difficlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By difficlus
@Silver2467 said:
" @difficlus said:
" @Silver2467 said:
" @difficlus said:
" @Silver2467 said:
" @Lance Uppercut said:
he can simply trap them all in his board until the battle is over...lol. Best method for SS is to try an astral attack or something crazy like a blackhole... "
Neither of which would defeat Despero. Unless Surfer can protect his allies from telepathic manipulation, Despero will have the Cosmic Avengers battling Surfer, along with himself, who could already contend with Surfer.  "
Why cant an astral attack affect despero? you know that SS is all powerful in that realm, 
Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Silver2467
@difficlus said:
" @Silver2467 said:
" @difficlus said:
" @Silver2467 said:
" @difficlus said:
" @Silver2467 said:
" @Lance Uppercut said:
Neither of which would defeat Despero. Unless Surfer can protect his allies from telepathic manipulation, Despero will have the Cosmic Avengers battling Surfer, along with himself, who could already contend with Surfer.  "
Why cant an astral attack affect despero? you know that SS is all powerful in that realm,  "
One, Despero has withstood psionic attacks form both the Martian and AquaMan simultaneously. Two, Despero can just as easily exit the astral plane as he could enter it.
Lance Uppercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Lance Uppercut
@Silver2467 said:
" @Lance Uppercut said:
" @Silver2467 said:
" @difficlus said:
" @Silver2467 said:
" @Lance Uppercut said:
Do you really see a reason why he couldn't? If he can shield himself from other telepaths, why couldn't he do it for someone else? He has psychic abilities. He doesn't need every feat ever shown to be able to do what other psychics do. You're a good debater most of the time, but you feel like every question has to be answered about the ability ever.  "
Because unless you can prove that, what reason do I have to believe it is possible? Not every telepath demonstrates the abilities of other telepaths.  "
What? It's not like it's a different power set entirely from psychic to psychic. It's like saying a class 100 couldn't thunderclap someone because you've never seen it done. When weaker characters have done it effortlessly. 
difficlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By difficlus
@Silver2467 said:
" @difficlus said:
" @Silver2467 said:
" @difficlus said:
" @Silver2467 said:
" @difficlus said:
" @Silver2467 said:
" @Lance Uppercut said:
Why cant an astral attack affect despero? you know that SS is all powerful in that realm,  "
One, Despero has withstood psionic attacks form both the Martian and AquaMan simultaneously. Two, Despero can just as easily exit the astral plane as he could enter it. "
i'll give you the second one. and he can supposedly survive in the heart of a blackhole. Either way i think Avenger have it, too much firepower, if Despero tries taking control over the rest, SS will board trap them and try to handle despero alone. After his recent upgrade i'm sure he can transmute Despero into a chicken...lol
Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Silver2467
@Lance Uppercut said:
" @Silver2467 said:
" @Lance Uppercut said:
" @Silver2467 said:
" @difficlus said:
" @Silver2467 said:
" @Lance Uppercut said:
Because unless you can prove that, what reason do I have to believe it is possible? Not every telepath demonstrates the abilities of other telepaths.  "
What? It's not like it's a different power set entirely from psychic to psychic. It's like saying a class 100 couldn't thunderclap someone because you've never seen it done. When weaker characters have done it effortlessly.  "
Actually, in many ways, it is. I have seen very little telepathic power form characters such as M or Karma, and I have seen telepathic abilities demonstrated by the Martian that I have never seen any other telepath perform, DC or Marvel. 
sexy_merc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By sexy_merc
@difficlus said:
" After his recent upgrade i'm sure he can transmute Despero into a chicken...lol "
How did his recent upgrade affect his transmutation abilities? What did he do with it that leads you to believe he can pull this off?
Lance Uppercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Lance Uppercut
@Silver2467: That's a discussion about skill, not power set. And now you're suddenly trying to compare M and Karma to Manhunter? Not every psychic is going to do the same thing. But you have no grounds to say they can't do it just because you haven't seen it. That's Ostrich Syndrome. 
Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Silver2467
@difficlus said:
" @Silver2467 said:
" @difficlus said:
" @Silver2467 said:
" @difficlus said:
" @Silver2467 said:
" @difficlus said:
" @Silver2467 said:
" @Lance Uppercut said:
One, Despero has withstood psionic attacks form both the Martian and AquaMan simultaneously. Two, Despero can just as easily exit the astral plane as he could enter it. "
i'll give you the second one. and he can supposedly survive in the heart of a blackhole. Either way i think Avenger have it, too much firepower, if Despero tries taking control over the rest, SS will board trap them and try to handle despero alone. After his recent upgrade i'm sure he can transmute Despero into a chicken...lol "
What makes you assume that Surfer will automatically trap his allies if Despero uses his telepathy on them? That would be the logical solution, but what makes you think that is the in character one?
difficlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By difficlus
@Sexy Merc said:
" @difficlus said:
" After his recent upgrade i'm sure he can transmute Despero into a chicken...lol "
How did his recent upgrade affect his transmutation abilities? What did he do with it that leads you to believe he can pull this off? "
well he used it on Impossible Man, im mentioning his upgrade in case Despero already has defenses against Transmutation. He turned Impossible man into a chicken as a practical joke before the upgrade...
difficlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By difficlus
@Silver2467 said:
" @difficlus said:
" @Silver2467 said:
" @difficlus said:
" @Silver2467 said:
" @difficlus said:
" @Silver2467 said:
" @difficlus said:
" @Silver2467 said:
" @Lance Uppercut said:
i'll give you the second one. and he can supposedly survive in the heart of a blackhole. Either way i think Avenger have it, too much firepower, if Despero tries taking control over the rest, SS will board trap them and try to handle despero alone. After his recent upgrade i'm sure he can transmute Despero into a chicken...lol "
What makes you assume that Surfer will automatically trap his allies if Despero uses his telepathy on them? That would be the logical solution, but what makes you think that is the in character one? "
Because after his upgrade based on what i've seen SS doesn't joke around anymore, he seems more ruthless than before (maybe thats me). His own telepathy and cosmic awareness would alert him if Despero tried a move like that...
Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Silver2467
@Lance Uppercut said:
" @Silver2467: That's a discussion about skill, not power set. And now you're suddenly trying to compare M and Karma to Manhunter? Not every psychic is going to do the same thing. But you have no grounds to say they can't do it just because you haven't seen it. That's Ostrich Syndrome.  "
1. It is about demonstrated abilities. 
2. I was not comparing M or Karma. I was pointing out that they have not shown telepathic abilities that others have, despite both being psychic. Based on your original assumption that Surfer could accomplish something because other psychics have, M should have all of the telepathic abilities that Xavier does, whether or not they are on his level, but she does not, as a matter of fact. 
3. There are certain things that could be assumed. As you pointed out, strength and a sonic clap is an example of that. The reason this is not is because telepathy is a versatile power. It has much more ground behind it and even its own realm. It carries much more weight. That are far more telepathic abilities that have and have not been demonstrated by various ones. I will not assume that with that complex a power, any character with that ability can utilize any and all abilities that fall under it. 
sexy_merc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By sexy_merc
@difficlus said:
" Because after his upgrade based on what i've seen SS doesn't joke around anymore, he seems more ruthless than before (maybe thats me). His own telepathy and cosmic awareness would alert him if Despero tried a move like that... "
He's more willing to go out but he won't trap his teammates off the bat, considering he's good friends with some.
Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Silver2467
@difficlus said:
" @Silver2467 said:
" @difficlus said:
" @Silver2467 said:
" @difficlus said:
" @Silver2467 said:
" @difficlus said:
" @Silver2467 said:
" @difficlus said:
" @Silver2467 said:
" @Lance Uppercut said:
What makes you assume that Surfer will automatically trap his allies if Despero uses his telepathy on them? That would be the logical solution, but what makes you think that is the in character one? "
Because after his upgrade based on what i've seen SS doesn't joke around anymore, he seems more ruthless than before (maybe thats me). His own telepathy and cosmic awareness would alert him if Despero tried a move like that... "
Of course his cosmic awareness would alert him to that, but assuming a certain solution, that is out of character by the way, is stretching. He could, obviously, do that, but given that it is not often seen for him to do so, I fail to understand why that assumption was made. 
difficlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By difficlus
@Silver2467 said:
" @difficlus said:
" @Silver2467 said:
" @difficlus said:
" @Silver2467 said:
" @difficlus said:
" @Silver2467 said:
" @difficlus said:
" @Silver2467 said:
" @difficlus said:
" @Silver2467 said:
" @Lance Uppercut said:
Because after his upgrade based on what i've seen SS doesn't joke around anymore, he seems more ruthless than before (maybe thats me). His own telepathy and cosmic awareness would alert him if Despero tried a move like that... "
Of course his cosmic awareness would alert him to that, but assuming a certain solution, that is out of character by the way, is stretching. He could, obviously, do that, but given that it is not often seen for him to do so, I fail to understand why that assumption was made.  "
So does Despero have immunity from being turned into a carrot? Maybe if his team mates were attacking him he would try to dodge them and focus on transmuting despero or put a shield around himself...but he has board dumped Quasar once for getting in his way when he was trying to do something...
Lance Uppercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Lance Uppercut
@Silver2467:  
1. I know what the discussion is about. Thanks for telling me I guess? 
 2. And now you're comparing M to the Professor and Surfer, despite her being shown as dramatically weaker then either of the two. I mean, if this is how you want to play it, then let's just throw out a helluva bunch of random comparisons. I've never seen Zoom destroy a planet with his punches. This must mean he can't do it. I've never seen Guy Gardner contain a super nova. This must mean he can't do it. See where I'm going with this? you're busy comparing people like M, who's obviously never shown the level of power Xavier or the Surfer has as though it justifies your argument.  
3. No, you won't assume because it fits your argument. I don't think you could provide any real logical, in character evidence to say he couldn't do something like this. Nor am I sure exactly why you're trying to debate with me about this when I clearly stated IF he could do it in my second post in the thread. My point of view is based on that assumption. If you want to change it, prove he can't. I told you that Morpheus_ can provide a better answer then I could. 
difficlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By difficlus
@Lance Uppercut said:
" @Silver2467:  1. I know what the discussion is about. Thanks for telling me I guess?  2. And now you're comparing M to the Professor and Surfer, despite her being shown as dramatically weaker then either of the two. I mean, if this is how you want to play it, then let's just throw out a helluva bunch of random comparisons. I've never seen Zoom destroy a planet with his punches. This must mean he can't do it. I've never seen Guy Gardner contain a super nova. This must mean he can't do it. See where I'm going with this? you're busy comparing people like M, who's obviously never shown the level of power Xavier or the Surfer has as though it justifies your argument.  3. No, you won't assume because it fits your argument. I don't think you could provide any real logical, in character evidence to say he couldn't do something like this. Nor am I sure exactly why you're trying to debate with me about this when I clearly stated IF he could do it in my second post in the thread. My point of view is based on that assumption. If you want to change it, prove he can't. I told you that Morpheus_ can provide a better answer then I could.  "
either way it seems to me SS turns despero into a frog until we see him surviving SS level transmutation.
sexy_merc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By sexy_merc
@Lance Uppercut said:
" I've never seen Guy Gardner contain a super nova. This must mean he can't do it. See where I'm going with this? you're busy comparing people like M, who's obviously never shown the level of power Xavier or the Surfer has as though it justifies your argument. "
This is a bad example to use considering that top tier Lanterns are on the same level due to stalemating each other on more than one occasion. Guy has shown the level of power that Hal has, so yeah.
GT-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#35  Edited By GT-Man

How powerful can Despero get?
Lance Uppercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Lance Uppercut
@Sexy Merc said:
" @Lance Uppercut said:
" I've never seen Guy Gardner contain a super nova. This must mean he can't do it. See where I'm going with this? you're busy comparing people like M, who's obviously never shown the level of power Xavier or the Surfer has as though it justifies your argument. "
This is a bad example to use considering that top tier Lanterns are on the same level due to stalemating each other on more than one occasion. Guy has shown the level of power that Hal has, so yeah. "
That's not the point though. I have no doubt he can. but I mean, if I've never seen him do it, what's to make me believe that he has the power to do so? He's trying to play semantics over it. 
sexy_merc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By sexy_merc
@Lance Uppercut said:
" @Sexy Merc said:
" @Lance Uppercut said:
This is a bad example to use considering that top tier Lanterns are on the same level due to stalemating each other on more than one occasion. Guy has shown the level of power that Hal has, so yeah. "
That's not the point though. I have no doubt he can. but I mean, if I've never seen him do it, what's to make me believe that he has the power to do so? He's trying to play semantics over it.  "
Oh okay, I get what you're saying now.
Lance Uppercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Lance Uppercut
@Sexy Merc: Yeah. I just found the situation rather silly. 
Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Silver2467
@Lance Uppercut said:
" @Silver2467:  1. I know what the discussion is about. Thanks for telling me I guess?  2. And now you're comparing M to the Professor and Surfer, despite her being shown as dramatically weaker then either of the two. I mean, if this is how you want to play it, then let's just throw out a helluva bunch of random comparisons. I've never seen Zoom destroy a planet with his punches. This must mean he can't do it. I've never seen Guy Gardner contain a super nova. This must mean he can't do it. See where I'm going with this? you're busy comparing people like M, who's obviously never shown the level of power Xavier or the Surfer has as though it justifies your argument.  3. No, you won't assume because it fits your argument. I don't think you could provide any real logical, in character evidence to say he couldn't do something like this. Nor am I sure exactly why you're trying to debate with me about this when I clearly stated IF he could do it in my second post in the thread. My point of view is based on that assumption. If you want to change it, prove he can't. I told you that Morpheus_ can provide a better answer then I could.  "
1. You did not seem to the first time I stated it. 
2. Exactly. She has not demonstrated the abilities, which is why I would not assume that of her. Honestly, I would not assume that Zoom could destroy a planet. Green Lanterns are bad examples. They all have the same abilities. Telepaths do not.  
3. Putting words in my mouth. Debate this in a rational manner, please. I am not going to discuss these issues with you if you are simply going to insult me the whole way through. 
Lance Uppercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Lance Uppercut
@Silver2467:  
2. Because she isn't strong enough to pull them off. Everyone else get's this but you. I'm not insulting you, I'm just telling you that it's a poor comparison. So wait.... you wouldn't assume that a man who can hit harder then Superman wouldn't be able to destroy a planet. Right.... at this point, I'm not really sure what the hell I'm doing here. 
 3. I didn't put words in your mouth. I pointed out what you were trying to do. And not once did I insult you in my statement. 
Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Silver2467

2. If she demonstrated those abilities, I could care less how powerfully she could perform them. That is irrelevant. The problem is that she has not shown those powers. As for Zoom, he hits harder than SuperMan by gaining momentum and increased mass in his blows as he moves faster than light. Unless he is suddenly supposed to shift his direction down to punch at the earth when he runs, which would cause him to lose all momentum anyway, he cannot destroy a planet. 

@Lance Uppercut

said: 

I mean, if this is how you want to play it, then let's just throw out a helluva bunch of random comparisons. No, you won't assume because it fits your argument. I don't think you could provide any real logical, in character evidence to say he couldn't do something like this. Nor am I sure exactly why you're trying to debate with me about this when I clearly stated IF he could do it in my second post in the thread. My point of view is based on that assumption. 

If these were not meant to be condescending, I would be curious as to what your intent was.     
Push

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Push

LoL at some of these threads?? Despero would have his hands full with SS, you pitting him against a team of six that also has BRB & Gladiator with SS, not to mention the other three.  People need to stop making battles so one sided.
Avatar image for czarny_samael666
czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By czarny_samael666
@Silver2467 :

The thing is, Karma never showed ability to resist very powerfull telepath. Surfer on the other hand showed. And we know that it isn't just resistance/immunity, because he used it offesively. 

To the thread.
Quasar is immune to TP, Nova is highly resistant. Gladiator can be weaken, but he also showed high resistant by breaking Rachel's illusion. His power could drop, but he won't attack his friend. Surfer has his own TP. BRB is cyborg so I doubt that it will be so efective on him. Even if Despero will take Ronan on his side, any Avenger can take him in seconds.

So Despero & Ronan vs. Nova, Quasar, BRB and Surfer? Eays win for team2. Surfer /Quasar can solo.
Surfer by creating a black hole (b' holes) and Quasar by taking his opponents to Quantum Zone.
Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Silver2467
@czarny_samael: If there was a statement made that Surfer could protect others telepathically, then I would accept that. The problem is that, as of yet, I have not evidence to support the claim that he can. Telepaths are not all the same. If it were an ability that is the same, no matter who uses it, then I would not complain, but telepathy is different for different telepaths. As for who Despero can control, Nova and Gladiator's resistances do not outweigh the Martian's based on feats, who Despero has easily mentally dominated. 
Push

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Push
@Silver2467 said:

" @czarny_samael: If there was a statement made that Surfer could protect others telepathically, then I would accept that. The problem is that, as of yet, I have not evidence to support the claim that he can. Telepaths are not all the same. If it were an ability that is the same, no matter who uses it, then I would not complain, but telepathy is different for different telepaths. As for who Despero can control, Nova and Gladiator's resistances do not outweigh the Martian's based on feats, who Despero has easily mentally dominated.  "

Good thing about that is, he doesn't need to ;-)  As stated previously, Quasar is quite protected, tp wise, as is BRB, and even Kallark, to a decent degree.  This battle is ridiculous and there's no way he can take the top fighter, let alone the top three out of a team of six.  Despero is good, but not that good, he did get taken out by Superman's HV, bitten by Sharks and bled, had steel rods thrown through his shoulders by Aquaman, granted, they didn't stop him or ko him, outside of the HV, but he's not invulnerable that he can't be taken care of by any one of the top three in this group ;-)  Stop pitting one being (unless it's a skyfather or so) against this cosmic avengers team. 

Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Silver2467
@Push: Again, Gladiator does not have the feats to say he could resist a telepath on the order of Despero and, to my knowledge, neither does Beta Ray Bill. As for the scans you showed, he has also withstood attacks from numerous JLA powerhouses on par with SuperMan and defeated several using physical power alone. 
Push

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Push
@Silver2467 said:
" @Push: Again, Gladiator does not have the feats to say he could resist a telepath on the order of Despero and, to my knowledge, neither does Beta Ray Bill. As for the scans you showed, he has also withstood attacks from numerous JLA powerhouses on par with SuperMan and defeated several using physical power alone.  "

Again, they don't have too.  It's not Despero vs Gladiator, or BRB, it's Despero vs Gladiator, BRB, SS, Quasar, Nova and Ronan.  Nova's provenn himself enough to actually request and lead this team, having fought in now three of the biggest cosmic/universal wars in Marvel, so one thing this team is not gonna lack, is teamwork and leadership.  Despero will be lucky to get to or take down the weakest link, Ronan, before Ronan's team gets to him and drops him something chronic.  Sorry, this is a no contest, seriously, as I honestly believe that Despero vs SS alone is a battle he would struggle with, throw in the rest of this killer team, and again, people need to stop pitting a single being, unless he's close to skyfather level, at taking on, let alone downn, this team of Cosmic Avengers.  I recall seeing a Majestic vs this team thread not long ago, again, silly imo.
Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Silver2467
@Push said: 
Again, they don't have too.  It's not Despero vs Gladiator, or BRB, it's Despero vs Gladiator, BRB, SS, Quasar, Nova and Ronan.  Nova's provenn himself enough to actually request and lead this team, having fought in now three of the biggest cosmic/universal wars in Marvel, so one thing this team is not gonna lack, is teamwork and leadership.  Despero will be lucky to get to or take down the weakest link, Ronan, before Ronan's team gets to him and drops him something chronic.  Sorry, this is a no contest, seriously, as I honestly believe that Despero vs SS alone is a battle he would struggle with, throw in the rest of this killer team, and again, people need to stop pitting a single being, unless he's close to skyfather level, at taking on, let alone downn, this team of Cosmic Avengers.  I recall seeing a Majestic vs this team thread not long ago, again, silly imo. "
Why do they not have to? Despero has mind controlled numerous JLA members simultaneously. He is not restricted to doing so individually. As for you point about leadership, that does not prove much. Again, I refer to the JLA, who have actually worked with one another much longer than this team has, I might add, and he has still demolished them. As for Majestic, it really is not that far-fetched. 
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
Silver Surfer solos.
Lance Uppercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Lance Uppercut
@Silver2467: 2. No, the difference is that she isn't powerful enough to shield anyone else from anything else. The Surfer however, is. You're trying to compare a lower class of telepath to someone that's her better and lowballing the Surfer while you're at it. It's insulting, really. 
 3. Ask anyone. If I'd meant to be mean about something, I'd do a lot worse then that.