Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By nefarious
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Setting: A Desert. 

> Starting distance: The team will be 150 Feet from Despero. 

Stipulations: 

> Elimination via Death, Knock-out, Incapacitation, etc. 
> This is a random encounter. 
> Everyone is bloodlusted. 
> Their knowledge of Despero is limited. Despero's knowledge of them is limited, as well.  

Versions: KC Captain Marvel, Classic Orion, and New Earth Despero.

Can the team defeat Despero? Will Despero defeat the team ? 
blackadamFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By blackadamFTW

I think the team should win.

KC Captain Marvel is equal to or better than KC Supes, who's a helluva lot stronger than regular Supes, and Orion is just a tank.

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By nefarious
@blackadamFTW: Good reasoning.
Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#4  Edited By Saren

KC Captain Marvel was killed by a nuke. A nuke.

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By nefarious

A nuke....that is crazy and unreal. 

blackadamFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By blackadamFTW

@CitizenBane said:

Wouldn't him saying "Shazam" multiple times make him weaker?

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Saren

@blackadamFTW said:

@CitizenBane said:

Why would it do that? It would just switch him between his two forms every time he said it.

blackadamFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By blackadamFTW

@CitizenBane said:

@blackadamFTW said:

@CitizenBane said:

Why would it do that? It would just switch him between his two forms every time he said it.

Well, let me see how many times he said it.

Depending on how many times he said it, he could either be Billy or Marvel.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Saren

@blackadamFTW said:

@CitizenBane said:

@blackadamFTW said:

@CitizenBane said:

Well, let me see how many times he said it.

Depending on how many times he said it, he could either be Billy or Marvel.

I'm fairly sure he was flying in the air at the time? Billy can't do that.

blackadamFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By blackadamFTW

@CitizenBane: He was Marvel, then he said Shazam three times making him turn into Billy.

So the nuke killed Billy, not Marvel.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Saren

@blackadamFTW said:

@CitizenBane: He was Marvel, then he said Shazam three times making him turn into Billy.

Cool. Alright, then what's he done that's so great? I know he spammed some magic lightning at KC Supes, but what's he done to show that he's on that level of physical ability? And what's he done to show he can resist Despero's TP? Orion was taken down by Maxima's TP, and the Mother Box that he carries around uses TP (or a form of it, at any rate) to soothe his mind, so he's not going to resist Despero's TP.

blackadamFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By blackadamFTW

@CitizenBane said:

@blackadamFTW said:

Cool. Alright, then what's he done that's so great? I know he spammed some magic lightning at KC Supes, but what's he done to show that he's on that level of physical ability? And what's he done to show he can resist Despero's TP? Orion was taken down by Maxima's TP, and the Mother Box that he carries around uses TP (or a form of it, at any rate) to soothe his mind, so he's not going to resist Despero's TP.

Well, it's kind of hard to say since you don't really see to much of Captain in KC. He speedblitzed Supes, and held his own, so that's all I can really say for his feats. Regarding TP, I guess, speed blitz? Maybe that would work, but I don't know. Isn't regular Captain resistant to TP? I thought I saw that somewhere, but I don't know.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Saren

@blackadamFTW said:

@CitizenBane said:

@blackadamFTW said:

Well, it's kind of hard to say since you don't really see to much of Captain in KC. He speedblitzed Supes, and held his own, so that's all I can really say for his feats. Regarding TP, I guess, speed blitz? Maybe that would work, but I don't know. Isn't regular Captain resistant to TP? I thought I saw that somewhere, but I don't know.

A bloodlusted state means they are willing to kill, not willing to indulge in out of character behavior. That's what the no morals stipulation is for. Regular Captain has been controlled by the Greed demon, and aside from that I do not recall anything that sets him on a level of TP resistance sufficient to beat Despero. Not that regular Cap's feats apply to KC Cap, but anyway.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Saren

And Despero has beaten regular Cap anyway.

blackadamFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By blackadamFTW

@CitizenBane said:

@blackadamFTW said:

@CitizenBane said:

@blackadamFTW said:

A bloodlusted state means they are willing to kill, not willing to indulge in out of character behavior. That's what the no morals stipulation is for. Regular Captain has been controlled by the Greed demon, and aside from that I do not recall anything that sets him on a level of TP resistance sufficient to beat Despero. Not that regular Cap's feats apply to KC Cap, but anyway.

I don't think Speed Blitz is really out of character for him.

If that doesn't work Despero should win, but if it does, they might win.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Saren

@blackadamFTW said:

@CitizenBane said:

@blackadamFTW said:

@CitizenBane said:

@blackadamFTW said:

He only did it once, granted he only had one showing, but doing it once doesn't make it in character. Despero's reflexes are decent enough.

blackadamFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By blackadamFTW

@CitizenBane said:

@blackadamFTW said:

@CitizenBane said:

@blackadamFTW said:

@CitizenBane said:

@blackadamFTW said:

He only did it once, granted he only had one showing, but doing it once doesn't make it in character. Despero's reflexes are decent enough.

Well it's kind of hard to determine stuff when he's only had one fight.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#18  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@saren said:

This post is old, but the blast also killed Power-Girl (Power-Woman in the story). The nuke was clearly powerful enough to kill even Kryptonians.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen said:

@saren said:

This post is old, but the blast also killed Power-Girl (Power-Woman in the story). The nuke was clearly powerful enough to kill even Kryptonians.

Not really. That says more about Power Woman than it does about the nuke.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#20  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@saren said:

@frozen said:

@saren said:

Not really. That says more about Power Woman than it does about the nuke.

KC Superman stated in a JSA-issue to Power-Girl (the Earth-Two version) that his Power-Girl was killed. You could say that it says more about Power-Woman than it does the Nuke, but you could also say that the Nuke was powerful as it was able to kill (hundreds?) of metahumans.

Regarding the battle, Despero wins.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Despero