• 115 results
#1 Edited by Inconvenient_Truth (2362 posts) - - Show Bio

Despero is on the loose tearing up New York. The Avengers assemble and head over to stop him.

Avengers consist of:

Hawkeye, Captain America, Wasp, Thor, Hulk, Vision, Ms Marvel, Sentry,

Can they stop him.

In character

pre 52. i dont think new 52 despero has more than 2 appearances

No prep

Takes place in New York

#2 Edited by Immortal777 (7588 posts) - - Show Bio

lol If this is pre 52 Despero has smacked around the JLA and the JSA at the same time the only way this team could win is if Thor BFR Despero but in character Thor will go h2h and get stompped.

#3 Posted by i_like_swords (14540 posts) - - Show Bio

lol If this is pre 52 Despero has smacked around the JLA and the JSA at the same time the only way this team could win is if Thor BFR Despero but in character Thor will go h2h and get stompped.

@inconvenient_truth sorry, but I must point that if what he said is true, then is a fine example of you creating spite threads in DC's favor. We just concluded that the Avengers couldn't beat the JL with the X-men and FF so how on earth are they defeating someone who beat the JL alone? SpspspspspspspspITE

#4 Posted by Inconvenient_Truth (2362 posts) - - Show Bio

my bad, i just added vision and ms marvel.

#5 Posted by Immortal777 (7588 posts) - - Show Bio

@inconvenient_truth: I think you need more people more than half the people here are susceptible to TP.

#6 Edited by Inconvenient_Truth (2362 posts) - - Show Bio

@inconvenient_truth: I think you need more people more than half the people here are susceptible to TP.

damn it. umm ok give me a second

#7 Edited by cfrehse (1004 posts) - - Show Bio

i think the team could beat him

#8 Posted by Saren (25681 posts) - - Show Bio

He mind-controls half the team and tells them to kill the other half. Then probably beats up whoever's left.

#9 Posted by dondave (37575 posts) - - Show Bio

Despero ftw

#10 Edited by comic_book_fan (5654 posts) - - Show Bio

if sentry can go inside hulk's head and turn him in to the hulk that fought onslaught he will kill despero but that's assuming despero don't shut hulk down while he is still susceptible to telepathy this will be a decent fight either way but that's their best bet to win.

#11 Posted by czarny_samael666 (17174 posts) - - Show Bio

Despero will control Hulk, Cap, Wasp and Widow. Thor can hold Despero, Sentry can at least hold Hulk and put down other Avengers in the same time, Vision attacking him with intangibility would be intresting.

Either way - Thor + Vision wins it. A specially if Sentry will BFR Hulk and come to help them.

#12 Edited by Inconvenient_Truth (2362 posts) - - Show Bio

@czarny_samael666 said:

Despero will control Hulk, Cap, Wasp and Widow. Thor can hold Despero, Sentry can at least hold Hulk and put down other Avengers in the same time, Vision attacking him with intangibility would be intresting.

Either way - Thor + Vision wins it. A specially if Sentry will BFR Hulk and come to help them.

ohh, despero cant mind control hawkeye, ms marvel, thor or sentry?

#13 Posted by Wardemon32 (4152 posts) - - Show Bio

What was the point in putting in two powerless superheros? Hawkeye and Captain America. He's basically done that with Batman and Green Arrow and they were no help.

#14 Posted by Inconvenient_Truth (2362 posts) - - Show Bio

What was the point in putting in two powerless superheros? Hawkeye and Captain America. He's basically done that with Batman and Green Arrow and they were no help.

captain america is a tactician and from what i last herd on this site, hawkeye carries a mini nuke arrow in his quill.

#15 Posted by czarny_samael666 (17174 posts) - - Show Bio

@czarny_samael666 said:

ohh, despero cant mind control hawkeye, ms marvel, thor or sentry?

Why did I miss Ms. Marvel and Hawkyey in my post?? I was thinking about them too, but I don't think that they would be a factor against Thor or Sentry.

But, no, if Emma and Xavier can't control Sentry/Void and only support him in his fight with Void (mostly like Xavier could only support Green Phoenix part of Jean psyche in her fight with Dark Phoenix's part), then I don't think that he really can be controlled.

#16 Posted by Wardemon32 (4152 posts) - - Show Bio

@inconvenient_truth:

So is Batman. So what does that mean? I don't understand how people even say Captain America can beat Batman if Batman has mastered 127 martial arts and he's at peak human levels just like Captain America.

#17 Posted by Wardemon32 (4152 posts) - - Show Bio

@inconvenient_truth:

Highly doubt he just carries around nukes like that. It prob was just a one time thing and he needed it for the story or something

#18 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8773 posts) - - Show Bio

Despero could defeat the most strongest heroes of Dc Universe alone pretty easily...Superman,Shazam,Wonder Woman,Power Girl,Martian Manhunter,the most powerful heroes of Dc Universe Alan Scott,Doctor Fate,Zatanna and Firestorm.

Can Thor,Hulk,Sentry and Vision compared to them??

#19 Posted by WillPayton (9461 posts) - - Show Bio

Despero wins easily.

#20 Edited by TDK_1997 (14896 posts) - - Show Bio

Despero would control some guys of the team and they will kill the rest of the team.

#21 Posted by Inconvenient_Truth (2362 posts) - - Show Bio

Despero wins easily.

what if the avengers land on a rooftop and try to sneak up on him and attack before despero can concentrate and attack with his mind.

#22 Posted by comic_book_fan (5654 posts) - - Show Bio

the madder hulk gets the stronger he gets the better tp resistance and healing factor he gets.

#23 Posted by WillPayton (9461 posts) - - Show Bio

@willpayton said:

Despero wins easily.

what if the avengers land on a rooftop and try to sneak up on him and attack before despero can concentrate and attack with his mind.

Wont matter, Despero can win by TP or sheer physical might.

#24 Posted by Inconvenient_Truth (2362 posts) - - Show Bio

oh daaaaamn. thats some serious physical strength

#25 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8773 posts) - - Show Bio

@comic_book_fan: So? Despero was able to match with Starro (Cobi),who has his mental powers and superstrength fueled by population of three galaxies. He can just paralyze them with his third eye.

#26 Posted by Lone_Wolf_and_Cub (5063 posts) - - Show Bio

Despero easily. The only real problem will be Thor and Vision. Vision might survive due to his intangibility and for the fact he can't be TP'd

#27 Posted by Inconvenient_Truth (2362 posts) - - Show Bio

@inconvenient_truth said:
@willpayton said:

Despero wins easily.

Wont matter, Despero can win by TP or sheer physical might.

i dont know of too many people that can fight superman wonderwoman power girl hawkman and captain marvel at the same time. thats crazy strong and durable

#28 Posted by BigCimmerian (8337 posts) - - Show Bio

Despero is on the loose tearing up New York. The Avengers assemble and head over to stop him.

Avengers consist of:

Can they stop him.

In character

No prep

Takes place in New York

Please, change your roster, do u really think that Hawkeye, Cap, Wasp, Ms Marvel and Vision stand a chance against a guy who mindraped both Aquaman and Martian Manhunter, and stomped Captain Marvel, Powergirl, Hawkman, Wonder Woman and Superman with his fists?

#29 Posted by Inconvenient_Truth (2362 posts) - - Show Bio

Avengers consist of:

Can they stop him.

In character

No prep

Takes place in New York

Please, change your roster, do u really think that Hawkeye, Cap, Wasp, Ms Marvel and Vision stand a chance against a guy who mindraped both Aquaman and Martian Manhunter, and stomped Captain Marvel, Powergirl, Hawkman, Wonder Woman and Superman with his fists?

Argument have already been made by a few people here including @czarny_samael666 and @comic_book_fan . And this is versus the avengers not just a random team, so i picked the original members, then got told it was a stomp so i added more. if you dont think the avengers team i have in the OP now, just say so.

#30 Posted by XiiX (8296 posts) - - Show Bio

He mind-controls half the team and tells them to kill the other half. Then probably beats up whoever's left.

#31 Posted by BigCimmerian (8337 posts) - - Show Bio

@inconvenient_truth: Sentry can't go inside Despero's mind because Sentry doesn't have feats to back that statement, so Despero could just mind control Hulk and Thor to kill others while Despero beats Sentry, this is my argument, maybe someone can counter argument me.

#32 Edited by czarny_samael666 (17174 posts) - - Show Bio

@bigcimmerian said:

Avengers consist of:

Can they stop him.

In character

No prep

Takes place in New York

Argument have already been made by a few people here including @czarny_samael666 and @comic_book_fan . And this is versus the avengers not just a random team, so i picked the original members, then got told it was a stomp so i added more. if you dont think the avengers team i have in the OP now, just say so.

Moslty because i see Vision highly underrated. He can't be mindr@paed it, he can't be beaten by physical force when he is intangible, he can't be hypnotized by this eye and Despero's TK never affected intangible people.

Considering that Sentry isn't in weakned state, but in Marvel Knights version (since Sentry/Void would be overkill, considering his ability to reform over and over again even after attacks from Molecule Man) or Thor using his abilities in right way thanks to Vision's advice, I see Avengers winning this.

How? Vision phasing through Despero and giving advice to Thor to use Infinity Votrtex around people controlled by Despero. Or to BFR him. Or to use any other of his greatest powers, that Thor normally wouldn't use. Maybe not Godblast or soul-stealing, but BFR and speedblitz from Sentry seems to be a good option.

#33 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8773 posts) - - Show Bio

@czarny_samael666: Have Thor and Vision does that in character (It's stated in OP)??

#34 Posted by Inconvenient_Truth (2362 posts) - - Show Bio

@bigcimmerian said:

Avengers consist of:

Can they stop him.

In character

No prep

Takes place in New York

Moslty because i see Vision highly underrated. He can't be mindr@paed it, he can't be beaten by physical force when he is intangible, he can't be hypnotized by this eye and Despero's TK never affected intangible people.

Considering that Sentry isn't in weakned state, but in Marvel Knights version (since Sentry/Void would be overkill, considering his ability to reform over and over again even after attacks from Molecule Man) or Thor using his abilities in right way thanks to Vision's advice, I see Avengers winning this.

How? Vision phasing through Despero and giving advice to Thor to use Infinity Votrtex around people controlled by Despero. Or to BFR him. Or to use any other of his greatest powers, that Thor normally wouldn't use. Maybe not Godblast or soul-stealing, but BFR and speedblitz from Sentry seems to be a good option.

What are you talking about in the bolded part? I never specified which version of sentry this is so why are you saying which version of this it is?? theres no picture and I didnt specify. Also lets remember they are in character and trying to avoid destroying buildings and killing people

#35 Edited by czarny_samael666 (17174 posts) - - Show Bio

@matchesmalone21 said:

@czarny_samael666: Have Thor and Vision does that in character (It's stated in OP)??

Vision almost all the time used intangibility (against Hulk, Count Nefaria and Thanos for example). He also often was giving orders too others during the fight (like Pulsar and Wonder Man IIRC, during fight with Hulk and second one with Count Nefaria).

@inconvenient_truth:

Yes, You didn't, so I choose one that wouldn't make it overkill. When it isn't stated we take most current. But most current is Sentry/Void, who also has matter manipulation, can make telepaths scream with small fraction of his power etc. If I would go with Sentry/Void, others wouldn't be needed and Despero wouldn't be able to win.

Thor, Sentry and Hulk never think about silly things like buildings ;-D

That is why there is even super-hero team that is cleaning everything after their battles ;-)

#36 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8773 posts) - - Show Bio

@czarny_samael666: I knew about the intangibility, but did not know he used to lead the team too...have Thor use the Infinity Votrtex in character and do you have the scans?? Because I don't what it is

#37 Posted by czarny_samael666 (17174 posts) - - Show Bio

@czarny_samael666: I knew about the intangibility, but did not know he used to lead the team too...have Thor use the Infinity Votrtex in character and do you have the scans?? Because I don't what it is

He didn't lead the team like a classic leader. Rather a battlefield advice. I would compare it to advices from games, when You start it first time.

Infinity Vortex is a technique, based on Mjolnir's ability to absorb all types of energies and its speed. I don't belive that Thor would use it by himself, but I think that Vision would suggest that. You could miss that, since he no longer call is it in this way, but here You would have an example how it looks like:

http://media.animevice.com/uploads/3/32350/588518-ThorMjolnir46-InfinityVortex140.jpg

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/3/35308/2483277-thor_blocking_infinity_with_his_vortex_thor_186___06.jpg

#38 Posted by GodTriggerHulk (1998 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk, Thor, Sentry and Vision win this in an epic fight. The aforementioned heroes have TP resistance and good enough stats to bring down Despero.

#39 Posted by WillPayton (9461 posts) - - Show Bio

Unfortunately coming up with a single way that the Avengers can win doesnt mean they actually win this fight. That would just be one scenario, but Despero has many, many more in which he wins. Hence:

Despero wins.

#40 Edited by WillPayton (9461 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk, Thor, Sentry and Vision win this in an epic fight. The aforementioned heroes have TP resistance and good enough stats to bring down Despero.

Hulk, Thor, Sentry, and Vision would get wasted by Superman, Captain Marvel, Wonder Woman, and Power Girl. And those JLAers, plus more, were losing in the fight with Despero.

#41 Edited by czarny_samael666 (17174 posts) - - Show Bio

@czarny_samael666 said:

Unfortunately coming up with a single way that the Avengers can win doesnt mean they actually win this fight. That would just be one scenario, but Despero has many, many more in which he wins. Hence:

Despero wins.

Like? Despero has TK, brute strength, hypnosis-beam and telepathy. Neither will affect Vision, Thor can defend himself from any and Sentry can either avoid it or resist it.

I don't see why Despero should be able to resist to high level energy projection or speedblitz. I don't see how he would be able to comeback from Thor's BFR. Or why I should belive that phasing don't hurt him. I don't see a way for him to defeat Vision.

I would say that there more than one scenario in which Despero loses and not enough arguments that he wins with team made out of people who uses so difference styles in battles. Above, we have seen Despero winning a physical, brute battle without any kind of tactic or special powers that these people have.

Thor maybe similar to them and rush, but Vision isn't similar to him. He would use energy projection and intangibility. Both seem to affect Despero pretty well. A distraction from Sentry's attack also wouldn't help Despero in controlling his enemies.

A lot of factors are working against him in this match.

#42 Posted by WillPayton (9461 posts) - - Show Bio

Evidence that Sentry can resist being mentally controlled by Despero?

Speed blitz from who? Who on that team regularly speed blitzes in character? Despero had no problem dealing with Superman and Wonder Woman who do speed blitz on occasion, even in character.

Thor maybe similar to them and rush, but Vision isn't similar to him. He would use energy projection and intangibility. Both seem to affect Despero pretty well. A distraction from Sentry's attack also wouldn't help Despero in controlling his enemies.

A lot of factors are working against him in this match.

The JLA team Despero fought also had many different powersets, including magical weapons from WW, speed, energy attacks, and overall better fighting skills. He stomped all over them. Despero can also mentally dominate even high-end telepaths like Martian Manhunter.

The only minor issue here would be Vision's intangibility, but Despero might just be able to deal with it by mind-controlling Thor or Sentry to deal with that.

#43 Posted by robertloucksjr (1750 posts) - - Show Bio

Sentry has molecular control superior to Molecule Man. If he uses it, it could be a bad day for Despero.

#44 Edited by czarny_samael666 (17174 posts) - - Show Bio

@willpayton:

1.Sentry is equal to Void in TP, that is why Void needed so much time to overcome his TP and control his body. Emma Forst compared to him was nothing, since small fraction of Void's power completly putted her down. Considering that it is Pre-Void Sentry, he will have all the TP pwoer under his control. If this would be Sentry-Void, then Despero would just KO himself like Emma did.

2.They actually don't. A specially when it comes to JLA comics. But Sentry uses his speed. And You forgot that he has Vision on his side. Moment in which Avengers will be controlled is moment in which Vision will have to ask Sentry for quick attacks.

3.No, he didn't fight against all these powers and weapons, because none of them used it. You can't say - for example - that he can break WW's lasso, if she didn't used it. Out of character Superman would solos him with speedblitz. Despero didn't control a god nor someone as powerfull as Sentry. And he won't do it, ergo he will have to face Thor, Sentry and Vision. And he will lose, becaue Vision will make him open for Sentry's and Thor's attacks.

#45 Edited by WillPayton (9461 posts) - - Show Bio

@willpayton:

1.Sentry is equal to Void in TP, that is why Void needed so much time to overcome his TP and control his body. Emma Forst compared to him was nothing, since small fraction of Void's power completly putted her down. Considering that it is Pre-Void Sentry, he will have all the TP pwoer under his control. If this would be Sentry-Void, then Despero would just KO himself like Emma did.

None of that tells me that Sentry can resist being mentally-controlled by Desepro. MMH also has extremely high TP abilities and feats, and he gets destroyed by Despero mentally. Sentry can and probably will suffer the same fate, at least until I see evidence that he's resistant.

Sentry uses his speed... good for him. Wonder Woman also uses her speed. She was getting stomped. Your speed argument is getting you nowhere.

You seem to completely miss the point. Of course they didnt use all their powers, because they were in-character, and in-character people often do and dont do all kinds of things. If your argument is that the team wins because if they all use their powers to the max and in perfect coordination, then you're ignoring all the other potential scenarios where this doesnt happen. The winner here is the one who can win in more scenarios than the other. It's about probability, not about you finding one scenario in which the team you like wins, and then continually saying that over and over. As far as I see it Despero can win in many more scenarios that conform to the rules than the team does. Hence, Despero wins.

#46 Posted by Inconvenient_Truth (2362 posts) - - Show Bio

hmm

#47 Posted by comic_book_fan (5654 posts) - - Show Bio

if despero is going to put hulk down he would have to do it quick.

#48 Posted by Inconvenient_Truth (2362 posts) - - Show Bio

if despero is going to put hulk down he would have to do it quick.

well despero does have TP so he probably would.

#49 Posted by ImNemotheGemini (845 posts) - - Show Bio

If Despero were to control Hawkeye, Cap, Ms. Marvel , and wasp... Vision, Hulk, Thor, and Sentry could put them down with the utmost ease ! Despero will not be "mindraping" what's left of the team ! Hulk will try n fight Despero head on and get knocked through 5 blocks of buildings ! Once Sentry Thor n Vision see how Hulk got completely manhandled.. They won't have a reason to hold back on him since they know how powerful he is ! Once hulk gets up and sees how weak he was in comparison to Despero he's gonna continually get madder and madder that some one is stronger than him ! 4 top tiers in marvel with no reason to hold back is a scary sight !

#50 Posted by Inconvenient_Truth (2362 posts) - - Show Bio

If Despero were to control Hawkeye, Cap, Ms. Marvel , and wasp... Vision, Hulk, Thor, and Sentry could put them down with the utmost ease ! Despero will not be "mindraping" what's left of the team ! Hulk will try n fight Despero head on and get knocked through 5 blocks of buildings ! Once Sentry Thor n Vision see how Hulk got completely manhandled.. They won't have a reason to hold back on him since they know how powerful he is ! Once hulk gets up and sees how weak he was in comparison to Despero he's gonna continually get madder and madder that some one is stronger than him ! 4 top tiers in marvel with no reason to hold back is a scary sight !

wait, why are you under the impression that he cant mind control hulk or thor???????