if he's de-powered, he has no power.

WhiteLantern#1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By WhiteLantern#1

Superboy Prime. They retconned him tomake him a pansy now. He used to be immune to EVERYTHING and slapped around supes and the ENTIRED GLC and Black Adam.. then they made him a loser... still powerful but now he actually could be defeated, back then he defeated himself.
Avatar image for the_average_bear
The Average Bear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By The Average Bear
@WhiteLantern#1 said:
" Superboy Prime. They retconned him tomake him a pansy now. He used to be immune to EVERYTHING and slapped around supes and the ENTIRED GLC and Black Adam.. then they made him a loser... still powerful but now he actually could be defeated, back then he defeated himself. "
When was he retconned? 
WhiteLantern#1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By WhiteLantern#1
@The Average Bear said:
" @WhiteLantern#1 said:
" Superboy Prime. They retconned him tomake him a pansy now. He used to be immune to EVERYTHING and slapped around supes and the ENTIRED GLC and Black Adam.. then they made him a loser... still powerful but now he actually could be defeated, back then he defeated himself. "
When was he retconned?  "

When first written Superboy prime had NO weaknesses besides his own fear. He destroyed a 300 mile long wall of GL Energy. The guardians referred to him as a bigger threat than Hal when he was Parallax. Red solar energy didn't work on him at all. To be really fair NO energy worked on him. He was majorly depowered to having weaknesses of Kryptonite and Red Solar Energy and he can actually be slapped around now. It's completely 2 different characters.
demifiend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By demifiend

prime takes this

SSJ5_Goku-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By SSJ5_Goku-San
@The Mjolnir Wielder said:
" SBP "
CharlieJade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By CharlieJade

Tyrant b*tch slaps emo b*tch prime

@Mr.Hulk_Smashin'! said:

" if he's de-powered, he has no power. "

if he's de-powered he can knock Thanos around in a fight or kill multiple heralds at once 

if he's powered he's an equal to Galactus himself

emo b*tch dies, one of the few characters in the comic industry that is more lame than the Sentry
Avatar image for the_mjolnir_wielder
The Mjolnir Wielder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@Mr.Hulk_Smashin'! said:

"if he's de-powered, he has no power."

That's funny, since he took down Silver Surfer, BRB, Jack Of Hearts, Gladiator Kallark, Morg and Terrax at the same time while depowered.
lol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By reaverlation

Tyrant

ssj_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

tyrant(depowered) ... and this is a stomp actually... superboy prime can't even take down thanos

eternityx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tyrant

Goldchamp101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tyrant

Goldchamp101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tyrant nearly killed Galactus

And Galan had just ate a planet before this fight making Tyrant even weaker than when he fought Thanos and the team of Heralds.

No Caption Provided

And according to Galactus the planet he ate "This planet's biospheric energies not only replenish what was lost to me...but in fact has made me stronger than I've felt in ages!"

No Caption Provided

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Prime.

Avatar image for deactivated-60fae469e992f
deactivated-60fae469e992f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tyrant

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tyrant

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Honestly Prime's physical feats are more impressive and Tyrant doesn't have the versatility usually associated with guys on his level.... I'm gonna shower now....

Goldchamp101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Goldchamp101

@laflux:

Honestly Prime's physical feats are more impressive

Really? Tyrant physically had the upper hand against an amped Thanos, Made Well Nourished Galactus Bleed etc.

green_skaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tyrant

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By laflux

@goldchamp101: A well nourished galactus has taken physical damage from stuff like being blasted out of his ship and across a planet into a Rock (Granted it was by Thanos, but the blast wasn't close to Planetary, yet it knocked his helmet off and singed his hair off). Thor has also flown through his head iirc. Galactus isn't completely invulnerable per say, but his semi-astral nature just means he reconstitutes himself pretty easily if he is nourished. Also Thanos wasn't amped by the orbs, he used it as a meele weapon. but merely wanted to study them as well as challenge himself by obtaining them in the first place. Its still a very impressive feat, but I have no doubt that SBP would overpower Thanos in a physical fight as well.

Goldchamp101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@laflux:

A well nourished galactus has taken physical damage from stuff like being blasted out of his ship and across a planet into a Rock (Granted it was by Thanos, but the blast wasn't close to Planetary, yet it knocked his helmet off and singed his hair off)

Thanos is far beyond Planetary when it comes to energy projection and admitted the blast did nothing but enrage Galactus.

Thor has also flown through his head iirc

PIS.

Also Thanos wasn't amped by the orbs, he used it as a weapon. but merely wanted to study them

Seems more like speculation.

but I have no doubt that SBP would overpower Thanos in a physical fight as well.

And do you think SBP would defeat a well nourished Galactus like Tyrant did?

bryann99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tyrant wins

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@goldchamp101: Well of course, but the Blast wasn't planetary, nor was it meant to be, as he planned to destroy the planet Galactus was on by slamming it into another one with a Warhead to further increase the damage done to Hunger (Who was the main antagonist). The blast wasn't a full power one. I am not saying that Thanos would have done better if he had used all his power, just that he didn't.

PIS.

Not really, it didn't really impede him. Its not like Thor has any hope of beating Galactus at all, especially when his father went into the Odinsleep in what was at best, a Stalemate fighting him, or an Older King Thor with the Odin Force (albeit a weakened version) lost to a hungry old Galactus who wanted to feed on earth.

Seems more like speculation.

Tyrant actually had thousands of Orbs on his ship, and the one Thanos had was one of the smaller ones. Given this, I doubt that one single orb made any difference to Tyrants or Thanos' performance. especially since it was consistent with his power level (He wasn't steamrolled like Silver Surfer, Gladiator Beta Ray Bill etc) but still got overpowered eventually.

No Caption Provided

And do you think SBP would defeat a well nourished Galactus like Tyrant did?

Well no, but there is context involved. Tyrant was able to absorb the bio-energy fired from Galactus and utilize it to make himself stronger and Galactus weaker. He had a very specific counter to Galactus that SBP wouldn't enjoy.

Goldchamp101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@laflux:

but the Blast wasn't planetary, nor was it meant to be

Where is confirmed proof that the blast wasn't planetary?

epecially when his father went into the Odinsleep

No he didn't. He just transferred his soul to the destroyer. Thor was mistaken.

No Caption Provided

doubt that one single orb made any difference to Tyrants or Thanos' performance.

So Speculation. Got it.

Well no,

Good.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@goldchamp101:

1. The planet wasn't destroyed, and Thanos destroyed it later with a warhead and by smashing it into another planet (sigh)

2. Fine, Doesn't change my point. If Odin can barely fight Galactus evenly, Thor obviously stands no change. Thor being able to Cosmetically damage Galan isn't PIS if it ultimately causes him no issues

3. Call basic common sense speculation if it makes you feel better :P

4. Again, if you want to ignore obvious context in order to make snappy retorts which sound good in your head, go ahead :P

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@laflux said:

@goldchamp101:

1. The planet wasn't destroyed, and Thanos destroyed it later with a warhead and by smashing it into another planet (sigh)

2. Fine, Doesn't change my point. If Odin can barely fight Galactus evenly, Thor obviously stands no change. Thor being able to Cosmetically damage Galan isn't PIS if it ultimately causes him no issues

3. Call basic common sense speculation if it makes you feel better :P

4. Again, if you want to ignore obvious context in order to make snappy retorts which sound good in your head, go ahead :P

And here I thought you can only debate Spider-Man :P

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reaverlation: Haha.... Honestly, I'll be the first one to say I don't like SBP, but his feats are ridiculous :P

APEX_pretador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Tyrant stomps

TheKinfing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#34  Edited By TheKinfing

I love this thread.

Goldchamp101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@laflux:

The planet wasn't destroyed

So because when Thanos blasted Galan it didn't destroy the Planet it's not Planetary?

That's not sound reasoning. PR MM blasted Beyond with a blast capable of destroying billions of dimensions but it didn't destroy the planet.

Thor being able to Cosmetically damage Galan isn't PIS if it ultimately causes him no issues

Fair point.

Call basic common sense speculation if it makes you feel better :P

It's not really "common sense" If you want to say it wasn't a major amp that's agreeable but he was amped.

Again, if you want to ignore obvious context in order to make snappy retorts which sound good in your head, go ahead :P

I know the context. At least we agreed on something.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@goldchamp101:

Well first off, if I sounded rude, apologies, long day working, too much time on the internet and all that Jazz...

That's not sound reasoning. PR MM blasted Beyond with a blast capable of destroying billions of dimensions but it didn't destroy the planet.

PR MM was for all intents and purposes (and by Marvel definition) Omnipotent but he wasn't Omniscient (hence his naivety at times). He could have been hit with that force, but he might not have been and he might not have known the power he was hit with. I always favor narrative confirmation over simple character statements. Though PR MM could have been boasting (although he certainly had the power to tank that) given his feats. I'll give another example, Thor was crushed by a man-made device (I forgot what it was) and he said it was akin to a Neutron Star. Now Thor could probably survive such pressure (as he's been chilling in the Center of Star), but Tom Breevort openly came out and said that Thor wasn't under such pressure because if he was, the ground would have been rendered. So character statements are not always accurate, especially if they are not super-geniuses.

It's not really "common sense" If you want to say it wasn't a major amp that's agreeable but he was amped.

I can agree with that. He used it as a weapon, and grabbed for it in his fight. But I din't think it was significant.

I know the context. At least we agreed on something.

Fair enough. Sorry if I came across as rude.

Kingant27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Kingant27

Due to lack of versatility shown I think this fight would go somewhat similar to Superman Prime vs Monarch with Supes proving victory in he end IMO unless he can outsmart him along with keeping up physically which he should.

Goldchamp101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Goldchamp101

@laflux:

Well first off, if I sounded rude, apologies, long day working, too much time on the internet and all that Jazz...

No worries. It happens sometimes.

PR MM was for all intents and purposes (and by Marvel definition) Omnipotent but he wasn't Omniscient (hence his naivety at times). He could have been hit with that force, but he might not have been and he might not have known the power he was hit with. I always favor narrative confirmation over simple character statements. Though PR MM could have been boasting (although he certainly had the power to tank that) given his feats

I think your confusing PR MM with PR Beyonder.

character statements are not always accurate, especially if they are not super-geniuses.

Fair point.

I can agree with that. He used it as a weapon, and grabbed for it in his fight. But I din't think it was significant.

Exactly.