This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by gokuwarrior (4368 posts) - - Show Bio

no super powers for them,a fight based on pure fighting skills.

AND FOR THE RECORD,THIS IS NOT AN INTENTION TO DO A MISMATCH,I WANTED TO BE COMPLETELY SURE ABOUT MS MARVEL's SKILLS;BECASE SOME USERS INSIST IN TELLING ME THAT SHE IS IN CAPTAIN AMERICA's LEVEL AS A FIGTHER,AND I HAVE NEVER SEEN HER SHOWING SKILLS ON THAT LEVEL SO I WANTED TO GIVE HER THE BENEFIT OF THE DOUBT DOING THIS THREAD.

#2 Posted by JediXMan (30346 posts) - - Show Bio

Really?

#3 Posted by gokuwarrior (4368 posts) - - Show Bio
#4 Posted by ownagepants (4484 posts) - - Show Bio
#5 Posted by gokuwarrior (4368 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn @vance_astro pretty sure this is a mismatch

they don't have powers,and if a thread about depowered thor vs wonder woman is allowed,why not one witn ms marvel instead of thor?.

#6 Edited by ownagepants (4484 posts) - - Show Bio

@gokuwarrior: my reasoning is wonder women is a warrior trained since birth to kick major butt and ms.marvel was a scientist before she gained her powers its kind of like if deathstroke and iron man fought and deathstroke did not have any of his powers and tony does not have his suit its clear that the highly trained assassin wins the fight.

#7 Edited by Ancient_0f_Days (12031 posts) - - Show Bio

@gokuwarrior: stop, i was with you on this when it started, this thread isn't called for, you're better than making purposeful spite threads...the Thor vs Wonder Woman thread was obvious bait and CB probably didn't just lock it cus no one asked....

#8 Posted by gokuwarrior (4368 posts) - - Show Bio

@ownagepants:ms marvel has military training and training from captain america,many of her fans always tell me that,so i wanted to know if other users think that her training could allow her to put up a good fight against diana because i seriously doubt it,but i wanted a second oppinion.

#9 Posted by gokuwarrior (4368 posts) - - Show Bio

@ancient_0f_days: i wanted to give carol the benefit of the doubt,her fans always say to me that ms marvel has military training and training from captain america,so i wanted to know if other users think that her training could allow her to put up a good fight against diana because i seriously doubt it,but i wanted a second oppinion.

#10 Posted by GhostRavage (8855 posts) - - Show Bio
#11 Posted by gokuwarrior (4368 posts) - - Show Bio
#12 Posted by Ancient_0f_Days (12031 posts) - - Show Bio

@ancient_0f_days: i wanted to give carol the benefit of the doubt,her fans always say to me that ms marvel has military training and training from captain america,so i wanted to know if other users think that her training could allow her to put up a good fight against diana because i seriously doubt it,but i wanted a second oppinion.

Well, now you know what that second opinion is ...... look before you leap

#13 Posted by gokuwarrior (4368 posts) - - Show Bio

@gokuwarrior said:

Well, now you know what that second opinion is ...... look before you leap

i don't know why some people react like this,many users are talking about ms marvel and how she is oh so good as a fighter and how i don't know her because i think she is not as good as captain america,diana and other fighters so well,i gave her the benefit of the doubt doing this thread,it was actually a way for me to say,ok,maybe there are some fighting skill feats from ms marvel that i don't know,i will give her the benefit of the doubt,why some people don't try to understan that instead of thinking that i wanted to do a mismatch?.

#14 Posted by JediXMan (30346 posts) - - Show Bio

@jedixman said:

Really?

what?.

Wonder Woman is the superior fighter. It's not close.

#15 Edited by gokuwarrior (4368 posts) - - Show Bio

@jedixman:as i said to other user,many users are talking about ms marvel and how she is an amazing fighter on captain america's level and how i don't know her because i think she is not as good as captain america,diana and other fighters so well,i gave her the benefit of the doubt doing this thread,it was actually a way for me to say,ok,maybe there are some fighting skill feats from ms marvel that i don't know,so i gave her the benefit of the doubt doing this thread.

#16 Posted by i_like_swords (14000 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe depowered Ms Marvel vs Gamora could be interesting.

#17 Edited by Ancient_0f_Days (12031 posts) - - Show Bio

@gokuwarrior: How many skill or combat feats do you know of from Ms Marvel....I've haven't seen many, maybe there is something I don't know about the character, I've seen a lot of her feats, but then again I have not seen fighting skill as one of her strong points...ever. She rarely does more than charge her opponents and swing until one of them drops, occasionally blasting for good measure, her military background is almost irrelevant as she doesn't display any elements of military CQC in combat.

Then we have Wonder Woman, renown for her combat prowess, actually has a sizable amount of skill feats while she was completely depowered and was actually legitimately trained in martial arts, besides that she's been using her skill in 99% of all of her fights, she bleeds fighting skill, it's in her origin, she comes from a place that as a child she was raised fighting...we both know all of this, but Ms Marvel has never used skill on any legitimate level to even try to compare to Wonder Woman .... also something we both know.

Did you expect this to be a lengthy debate? With the knowledge you have on both characters, one being an extensively skilled fighter and one not, did you expect someone to show you feats of Ms Marvel miraculously fighting someone like Captain America, Black Panther, Shang Chi, Dare Devil or Iron Fist in a ring using nothing but pure skill as her weapon? If not, then what did you expect? You can't really be surprised by the responses you're getting can you? I can only imagine someone like MoonMan showing up to say something outlandish but that's the best you're going to get to support Ms Marvel for any kind of debate I'm afraid....

#18 Posted by JediXMan (30346 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe depowered Ms Marvel vs Gamora could be interesting.

... Gamora is a great fighter, too. How is that better?

#19 Posted by gokuwarrior (4368 posts) - - Show Bio

@ancient_0f_days:i thought somebody would make a case for ms marvel,since it seems that i don't know about her skills,i read her solo title,and i saw nothing but if other fans tell me there is more i thought they would come and show me those feats i didn't see because i don't find any,so no,this wan't an intention to do a mismatch.

#20 Edited by Ancient_0f_Days (12031 posts) - - Show Bio

AND FOR THE RECORD,THIS IS NOT AN INTENTION TO DO A MISMATCH,I WANTED TO BE COMPLETELY SURE ABOUT MS MARVEL's SKILLS;BECASE SOME USERS INSIST IN TELLING ME THAT SHE IS IN CAPTAIN AMERICA's LEVEL AS A FIGTHER,AND I HAVE NEVER SEEN HER SHOWING SKILLS ON THAT LEVEL SO I WANTED TO GIVE HER THE BENEFIT OF THE DOUBT DOING THIS THREAD.

Why not just ask the right people, like moderators, how good her fighting skills are instead of making a battle thread putting a character you aren't sure about up against someone you know is an expert fighter...it doesn't make sense to me.

#21 Posted by patrat18 (9582 posts) - - Show Bio

lol

#22 Edited by dondave (36582 posts) - - Show Bio

WW

#23 Edited by Ancient_0f_Days (12031 posts) - - Show Bio

@gokuwarrior: I get that it wasn't your intention, but you should have thought about it first. Before I make a thread, I try and learn as much as I possibly can about both characters and when I feel I've got a good match and it's completely fair and there's at least a 90% chance that it's as even as possible and minimize the chance of it being a mismatch....then I make the thread, I don't just wing it based on lip service, word of mouth or hearsay.

#24 Posted by Saren (25618 posts) - - Show Bio

@gokuwarrior: Stop making mismatched threads just to prove a point.