• 114 results
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
#1 Edited by beatboks1 (7074 posts) - - Show Bio

OK while waiting for the final round of my Fantastic Four tourney to finish * HINT*

Your need to pick a team that can deal with mystical threats.

All characters to have mystical power base but Only one can actually be a spell caster. Ideally one would be a powerhouse, the one a utility and one a miscellaneous (though that is completely up to you)

Each team needs four members

Banned characters - Classic Strange, Classic Fate, Shuma-Gorath, Cththon, or any Omnipotent beings (even if only so in their own dimension). Other versions of Strange and Fate acceptable. No reality warpers. Anyone trying to sneak one through will have their character limited mid tourney to the levels of Dr Druid.

I reserve the right to DQ any character if I see fit for what ever reasons that come up during team building

All powers that are magical in nature or have a connection to magic are open.

Beatboks1

Spell caster - Arion

Powerhouse - Fate (Jarred Stevens)

Utility - Blue Devil

Miscellaneous - Dr Occult

boschePG

Ghost Rider

Etrigan

Magik

Loki

menaceforever

Zatanna

Alan Scott (not full starheart- limited to Sentinel era max)

Thor

Raven

Charmix:

Enchantress

Wonder Woman

Minoru

Scarlet Witch

Marvelbeast

dr doom,

wiccan

lord marvel

gandalf

If Wiccan (as you stated) is the only one with spells here you may want to replace Doom (his tech would not be magic related)

HigorM

Morgan le Fay

Black Adam

Meggan

Selene - (no spells)

joeagentofhand1

Spell Caster: Majora(possessing Skull Kid)

Powerhouse: Solomon Grundy

Utility: Beta Ray Bill

Misc: violator

Greenteaforme

Queen of Fables (I'll assume she's your spell caster - NO reality Manipulation)

Swamp Thing

Phantom Stranger ( still think this choice is pretty useless as his role forbids intervention so he has NO offensive capability of any use whatsoever, if his role didn't prohibit spells the rules will)

Genocide.

Round 1 battle

Menaceforever vs Marvelbeast

joeagentofhand vs CandanceC2

BoschePG Vs HigorM

.

#2 Edited by boschePG (2249 posts) - - Show Bio

Etrigan
Magik
Loki
#3 Posted by menaceforever (3696 posts) - - Show Bio

Spell Caster: Zatanna

Powerhouse: Alan Scott

Utility: Thor

Miscellaneous: Raven

#4 Posted by boschePG (2249 posts) - - Show Bio

@menaceforever: thats a good team

#5 Edited by Charmix (11958 posts) - - Show Bio

I love you for this<3 I love the Shadowpact series >.< ugh!

Spellcaster: Willow

Powerhouse: Enchantress (Dc)

Utility: Talisman

Miscellaneous: Scarlet Witch

#6 Posted by beatboks1 (7074 posts) - - Show Bio

@boschePG: perfectly fine

@menaceforever: Alan Wont have full starheart (as that would make him Classic Strange/Fate level) limit will be the Sentinel era

@Charmix: Accepted (nice team BTW, some dark horses there)

#7 Posted by Charmix (11958 posts) - - Show Bio

@beatboks1: thank you, actually I like to switch Wonder Woman. I feel she might be too strong, since she's a pretty immense character...

#8 Posted by boschePG (2249 posts) - - Show Bio

@Charmix:

its magic, everything is immense

#9 Posted by menaceforever (3696 posts) - - Show Bio

Can I switch Alan for Sadie Kane

#10 Posted by beatboks1 (7074 posts) - - Show Bio

@Charmix said:

@beatboks1: thank you, actually I like to switch Wonder Woman. I feel she might be too strong, since she's a pretty immense character...

I wouldn't worry. Physically she isn't that much above Fate and her magical weapons aren't that much above his darts and knife ( that always hit what he wants no matter what and cause pain to anything magical regardless of durability). Once you look at the likes of Etrigan and Thor already here she's more than matched

#11 Posted by Charmix (11958 posts) - - Show Bio

@boschePG: true.

@beatboks1 said:

@Charmix said:

@beatboks1: thank you, actually I like to switch Wonder Woman. I feel she might be too strong, since she's a pretty immense character...

I wouldn't worry. Physically she isn't that much above Fate and her magical weapons aren't that much above his darts and knife ( that always hit what he wants no matter what and cause pain to anything magical regardless of durability). Once you look at the likes of Etrigan and Thor already here she's more than matched

I might put her on hold though just in case.

#12 Posted by boschePG (2249 posts) - - Show Bio

@beatboks1:

Can I switch Black Alice with Loki?

#13 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20116 posts) - - Show Bio

Spellcaster: Raven

Powerhouse: Orion

Utility: Batman One Million

Miscellaneous: Classic Spawn

#14 Posted by menaceforever (3696 posts) - - Show Bio

No I got Raven first ha ha

#15 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20116 posts) - - Show Bio

@menaceforever said:

No I got Raven first ha ha

I think not.

#16 Posted by menaceforever (3696 posts) - - Show Bio

What do you mean. Don't make me go Azula.

#17 Posted by beatboks1 (7074 posts) - - Show Bio

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek said:

Spellcaster: Raven

Powerhouse: Orion

Utility: Batman One Million

Miscellaneous: Classic Spawn

I've already approved Raven for Menaceforever. Also don't see how Orion or Batman One million qualify as magic based powers??

#18 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20116 posts) - - Show Bio

@menaceforever: Was joking.

@beatboks1 said:

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek said:

Spellcaster: Raven

Powerhouse: Orion

Utility: Batman One Million

Miscellaneous: Classic Spawn

I've already approved Raven for Menaceforever. Also don't see how Orion or Batman One million qualify as magic based powers??

Sorry misunderstood rules. I'm going to drop out since I don't know lots about magic-based characters.

Good luck though.

#19 Posted by menaceforever (3696 posts) - - Show Bio

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek: Its all cool.......

#20 Posted by marvelbeast (602 posts) - - Show Bio

dr doom,wiccan,lord marvel, and gandalf

#21 Posted by beatboks1 (7074 posts) - - Show Bio

@menaceforever said:

Can I switch Alan for Sadie Kane

Not familiar with Sadie Kane, can you supply a link

@boschePG said:

@beatboks1:

Can I switch Black Alice with Loki?

Sure, that will mean that Etrigan can't use spells (not that he likes to anyway ) as Loki would be your spellcaster

@marvelbeast said:

dr doom,wiccan,lord marvel, and gandalf

All four of your team are spell casters, your only allowed one of them to be.

#22 Posted by beatboks1 (7074 posts) - - Show Bio

@menaceforever: Thanks for the link, but based on that she is clearly a spell caster. So if you swapped her it would have to be for Zatanna. Or you'd need to drop her too for someone else.

#23 Posted by boschePG (2249 posts) - - Show Bio

@beatboks1 said:

@boschePG said:

@beatboks1:

Can I switch Black Alice with Loki?

Sure, that will mean that Etrigan can't use spells (not that he likes to anyway ) as Loki would be your spellcaster

yeah I know. I was the first reply and sometimes you miss people cuz you are in such a rush to get your guys.. BTW, I like your Fate pick. Real sneaky on that one ;)

#24 Edited by HigorM (3682 posts) - - Show Bio
#25 Posted by beatboks1 (7074 posts) - - Show Bio

@boschePG said:

@beatboks1 said:

@boschePG said:

@beatboks1:

Can I switch Black Alice with Loki?

Sure, that will mean that Etrigan can't use spells (not that he likes to anyway ) as Loki would be your spellcaster

yeah I know. I was the first reply and sometimes you miss people cuz you are in such a rush to get your guys.. BTW, I like your Fate pick. Real sneaky on that one ;)

Yeah, having a team member that magic can't affect unless he allows it to could be kinda handy :P

#26 Posted by HigorM (3682 posts) - - Show Bio

@beatboks1: hope my team is good, i don´t know if he could be better considering this is my first time on a magic based tournament..

#27 Posted by boschePG (2249 posts) - - Show Bio

@HigorM: HigorM, buddy...your team is fine. I especially await your scans for debates. I actually thought of having two of your members on my team (Selene and Black Adam)

#28 Posted by boschePG (2249 posts) - - Show Bio

@HigorM: do you have Marvel Morgan LeFey or DC Morgan LeFey?

#29 Posted by HigorM (3682 posts) - - Show Bio

@boschePG said:

@HigorM: HigorM, buddy...your team is fine. I especially await your scans for debates. I actually thought of having two of your members on my team (Selene and Black Adam)

nice :D

@boschePG said:

@HigorM: do you have Marvel Morgan LeFey or DC Morgan LeFey?

Marvel, i think its LeFay right? and she is more powerfull then Lefey (DC).. or not? =X

#30 Posted by joeagentofhand1 (4362 posts) - - Show Bio

Spell Caster: Dumbledore

Powerhouse: Parallax possessing Hal Jordan(if not Alan Scott)

utility: Beta Ray Bill

Misc: Majora(possessing skull kid)

#31 Posted by beatboks1 (7074 posts) - - Show Bio

@joeagentofhand1 said:

Spell Caster: Dumbledore

Powerhouse: Parallax possessing Hal Jordan(if not Alan Scott)

utility: Beta Ray Bill

Misc: Majora(possessing skull kid)

Dumnledore and BRB are fine. Parallax is a) way to powerful and b) not magic. Not familiar with Majora a link would be appreciated.

#32 Posted by joeagentofhand1 (4362 posts) - - Show Bio
#33 Posted by Charmix (11958 posts) - - Show Bio

@HigorM said:

@boschePG said:

@HigorM: do you have Marvel Morgan LeFey or DC Morgan LeFey?

Marvel, i think its LeFay right? and she is more powerfull then Lefey (DC).. or not? =X

Both are powerful but Marvel's version has been flashed out more.

How does Meggan fit in utility? lol

#34 Posted by beatboks1 (7074 posts) - - Show Bio

@joeagentofhand1 said:

@beatboks1: http://www.zeldawiki.org/Majora%27s_Mask_(Object)

is alan scott still taken? Is it okay if I go with omega spawn? If not him I will go with Violator

Alan is still taken. Not familiar with either of these or your last choice. links please.

#35 Posted by joeagentofhand1 (4362 posts) - - Show Bio
#36 Posted by Charmix (11958 posts) - - Show Bio

@beatboks1: updated:) could you check it out?

Also can you explain what the picks can do, such as can the characters use any power they have minus spellcasting which is the spellcaster's area?

#37 Posted by beatboks1 (7074 posts) - - Show Bio

@Charmix: Not really sure what your plan is with your changes. IMO Enchantress is one hell of a lot more useful as a spell caster than Willow ( having used a spell to draw on the magic of every mystic in the universe to feel a mystic powerhouse is a feat WAYYYYY above the best i can think of for willow. Talisman would also be quite limited without spells (she uses them to access most of her abilities). Honestly I thought your original team was a much better mix.

#38 Posted by menaceforever (3696 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump

#39 Posted by joeagentofhand1 (4362 posts) - - Show Bio

bump

#40 Posted by menaceforever (3696 posts) - - Show Bio

I am so dumb. Why have Raven. Can I switch her for Trigon.

#41 Posted by Charmix (11958 posts) - - Show Bio

@beatboks1 said:

@Charmix: Not really sure what your plan is with your changes. IMO Enchantress is one hell of a lot more useful as a spell caster than Willow ( having used a spell to draw on the magic of every mystic in the universe to feel a mystic powerhouse is a feat WAYYYYY above the best i can think of for willow. Talisman would also be quite limited without spells (she uses them to access most of her abilities). Honestly I thought your original team was a much better mix.

I was really confuse with the set up lol. I thought in my head spellcasting was the one requiring verbal incantations.... :o blahh I'll switch.

#42 Posted by joeagentofhand1 (4362 posts) - - Show Bio

bump

#43 Posted by HigorM (3682 posts) - - Show Bio

@Charmix said:

@HigorM said:

@boschePG said:

@HigorM: do you have Marvel Morgan LeFey or DC Morgan LeFey?

Marvel, i think its LeFay right? and she is more powerfull then Lefey (DC).. or not? =X

Both are powerful but Marvel's version has been flashed out more.

How does Meggan fit in utility? lol

really don´t know, i just thought it was suposed to choose a versatile character.. :P

i can change it if it´s against the rules..

#44 Posted by Charmix (11958 posts) - - Show Bio

@HigorM said:

@Charmix said:

@HigorM said:

@boschePG said:

@HigorM: do you have Marvel Morgan LeFey or DC Morgan LeFey?

Marvel, i think its LeFay right? and she is more powerfull then Lefey (DC).. or not? =X

Both are powerful but Marvel's version has been flashed out more.

How does Meggan fit in utility? lol

really don´t know, i just thought it was suposed to choose a versatile character.. :P

i can change it if it´s against the rules..

not your fault :D lol I'm confuse at the moment on the set up lol♥

#45 Posted by greenteaforme (1826 posts) - - Show Bio

Swamp Thing (w/ White Lantern ring), Phantom Stranger, Queen of Fables, Genocide.

Pretty much the most powerful team I could think of without going into cosmics and gods.

#46 Posted by beatboks1 (7074 posts) - - Show Bio

@greenteaforme said:

Swamp Thing (w/ White Lantern ring), Phantom Stranger, Queen of Fables, Genocide.

Pretty much the most powerful team I could think of without going into cosmics and gods.

No white ring you wont need it.

Really want Stranger, powerful yes usable no since his role forbids him from intervening. I mean the one time he did he was depowered.

Don't know Genocide link please

#47 Posted by menaceforever (3696 posts) - - Show Bio

Can I trade Trigon for Raven?

#48 Posted by beatboks1 (7074 posts) - - Show Bio

@menaceforever said:

Can I trade Trigon for Raven?

Trigon is OP - No. You also wont have demonic Raven for the same reason.

#49 Posted by boschePG (2249 posts) - - Show Bio

@HigorM said:

@Charmix said:

@HigorM said:

@boschePG said:

@HigorM: do you have Marvel Morgan LeFey or DC Morgan LeFey?

Marvel, i think its LeFay right? and she is more powerfull then Lefey (DC).. or not? =X

Both are powerful but Marvel's version has been flashed out more.

How does Meggan fit in utility? lol

really don´t know, i just thought it was suposed to choose a versatile character.. :P

i can change it if it´s against the rules..

you are fine bro with Morgan LeFey. I think the Marvel one is more powerful but DC magic seems to be greater on the avatar scale

#50 Posted by menaceforever (3696 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok.