#1 Posted by SpectresWrath01 (208 posts) - - Show Bio

VS

Silver Surfer, Hulk, Namor, and Dr. Strange vs Aquaman, Dr. Fate, Solomon Grundy, and Captain Atom

These DC Characters were the Closest Counter Parts to the Defenders Team.

Tell me as a team who wins tourney style match the counter parts up in vs.

Silver Surfer vs Captain Atom

Hulk vs Solomon Grundy

Dr. Strange vs Dr. Fate

Namor vs Aquaman

After you decide a victor for each match. Tell me why and which team at the end would eventually win and why. Thanks

#2 Posted by omegablast452 (2426 posts) - - Show Bio

good battle, going with team 1 tho

Hulk beats grundy and helps beat aqua man the rest than help strange.

#3 Posted by russellmania77 (15746 posts) - - Show Bio

i go with team 2 cuz grundy cant die.

#4 Posted by dondave (38784 posts) - - Show Bio

DC ftw

#5 Posted by WaveMotionCannon (5610 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel team wins. Surfer can fry Aquaman or Grundy before he even starts with Capt. Atom. He can either weaken Cap by power drain or overload his containment suit. Doc Strange and Fate would be something to see.

#6 Posted by Shawnbaby (10869 posts) - - Show Bio

Death isn't the only way for a battle to be won. Grundy has lost plenty of battles before.

Hulk vs Grundy = Hulk. While I think Grundy starts out as strong or stronger than the Hulk...eventually rage will push the Hulk past Grundy's ability to soak damage.

Namor vs Aquaman = Pre-52 Aquaman would win pretty easily....but I don't believe New 52 Aquaman has the durability to match Namor.

Silver Surfer vs Captain Atom = This is a close one...Captain Atom might possibly be more powerful than Surfer...but i Think Surfer can edge him out in terms of skill and versatility.

Dr. Strange vs Dr. Fate = I dunno...could go either way I guess. flip a coin.

#7 Posted by ssejllenrad (12847 posts) - - Show Bio

@russellmania77 said:

Death isn't the only way for a battle to be won. Grundy has lost plenty of battles before.

Hulk vs Grundy = Hulk. While I think Grundy starts out as strong or stronger than the Hulk...eventually rage will push the Hulk past Grundy's ability to soak damage.

Namor vs Aquaman = Pre-52 Aquaman would win pretty easily....but I don't believe New 52 Aquaman has the durability to match Namor.

Silver Surfer vs Captain Atom = This is a close one...Captain Atom might possibly be more powerful than Surfer...but i Think Surfer can edge him out in terms of skill and versatility.

So far the only good argument here.

#8 Edited by AngryHulks (3001 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk vs Grundy - Grundy seems to have upper hand until Hulk gets mad enough to KO Grundy.

Namor vs Aquaman - Namor would beat New 52 Aquaman after a good fight.

Dr. Fate vs Dr. Strange - They're both jobber after retcon, but Strange have regain Sorcerer Supreme title recently, but I can't conclude this one.

Silver Surfer vs Captain Atom - New 52 Captain Atom have different physiology to Post-Crisis, is semi-intangible and seems to be more powerful, but I don't know about this one.

I couldn't say which team wins yet.

#9 Edited by dondave (38784 posts) - - Show Bio
#10 Edited by beatboks1 (7413 posts) - - Show Bio

@shawnbaby said:

@russellmania77 said:

So far the only good argument here.

Agreed

#11 Edited by iamthewolf88 (346 posts) - - Show Bio

This almost seems like it could be a tie. Mainly because in the end Hulk, Namor, Grundy and Arthur would get taken out, and then it would be left to the others. And there is really no way to tell who could pull off the win... I would say that Dr. Strange and Dr. Fate are equal... and the same can be said with SS and CA. So really it could sway either direction.

Does 52 Captain Atom have time travel?

#12 Edited by Onemoreposter (4088 posts) - - Show Bio

@spectreswrath01:

Hulk vs Grundy- Grundy starts off with a decent power advantage over Hulk. Grundy could take him down with a quick K.O. but if Hulk can hold out, logically he should eventually overpower Grundy. This could go either way.

Winner-Tie.

Silver Surfer vs new 52 Captain Atom- First off@wavemotioncannon: Atom no longer has a containment suit in the new 52. He's now an energy being much more in line with Dr. Manhattan than his previous self. He's been shown to be able to absorb and expel vast quantities of energy and transmute living and nonliving material. Overall though, we don't yet know limits of this character and he's only been recently active in the new 52. Surfer on the other hand has a higher feats and infinitely more experience. This battle goes to Radd.

Winner- Silver Surfer

Dr. Strange vs Dr. Fate- This has been a highly debated match up, but after looking through several threads it seems that the general consensus is that Fate wins. Fate, along with having all the mystical power of a DCU lord of order at his disposal also has super speed, super strength, and a level of invulnerability. The problem with Strange is that his powers are madly inconsistent. Some day's hes reigning down hell fire and some days he's getting felled by bullets or the Hulk. Fate has the all around upper hand here.

Winner-Doctor Fate

The Submariner vs Aquaman- I am shocked, SHOCKED, how many people are giving this to Namor. New 52 Aquaman has been shown easily lifting in the excess of 100s of 1000s of pounds without strain and trading blows with Superman. Namor on the other hand I've recently seen get jobbed by Thing and Luke Cage (..while in the water...). Also, lets not forget about Aquaman's telepathic abilities over things born in the sea and that big ass trident he carries around that was capable of injuring Darkseid. There's no way Namor wins this.

Winner-Aquaman

In the end I have to give this Battle to DC more times than not. Worst case scenario for Marvel it ends up Silver Surfer vs Doc Fate, Aquaman, and Grundy in which case Fate will take the Surfer down. Best case for scenario for Marvel is that they have Hulk and Surfer against Fate and Aquaman. Aquaman new 52 or pre-flashpoint should be more than enough to hold of Hulk for a bit while Fate takes care of the Surfer and then is freed up to take care of Hulk. There is the small fluke chance that Fate could be defeated by Strange just like there is the small fluke chance that the Surfer could be taken out by Atom. So with that said........

Winner- DC Defenders 7/10

#13 Edited by WaveMotionCannon (5610 posts) - - Show Bio

@Onemoreposter. Aquaman doesn't have the basal ganglia trick in the New 52, he can't override sea creatures natural instinct. When did Arthur "trade" blows with Supes? He sucker punched him, never traded.

#14 Edited by dum529001 (1651 posts) - - Show Bio

@onemoreposter:

1. How is Grundy stronger than Hulk? What shows that Grundy is stronger?

2. Aquaman is not as strong as Superman. Just becasue Aquaman fought him does not make Aquaman as powerful.

3. Dr. fate is more consistent than Dr. Strange? I really don't think so.

#15 Posted by czarny_samael666 (17174 posts) - - Show Bio

@russellmania77 said:

Agree with most, but I don't see why Aquaman should beat Namor. Of course until we talking about telepathy, since IDK if Aquaman can really mindrape his enemies.

#16 Posted by Doomnaut (1994 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk smashes Grundy and Aquaman and Silver Surfer speed blitzes Doctor Fate while Strange conjures up a spell to send Captain Atom to Dormammu's realm.

#17 Posted by TheManInTheShoe (3878 posts) - - Show Bio

Definitely Marvel, Namor is way stronger than Aquaman, Hulk so takes Grundy, Surfer and Cap Atom is kind of even, Fate and Strange as well.

#18 Posted by Lone_Wolf_and_Cub (5216 posts) - - Show Bio

The real Defenders ftw

#19 Posted by Shawnbaby (10869 posts) - - Show Bio

@shawnbaby said:

@russellmania77 said:

Agree with most, but I don't see why Aquaman should beat Namor. Of course until we talking about telepathy, since IDK if Aquaman can really mindrape his enemies.

Ummm...I didn't say Aquaman would beat Namor.

#20 Posted by czarny_samael666 (17174 posts) - - Show Bio

@czarny_samael666 said:

@shawnbaby said:

Ummm...I didn't say Aquaman would beat Namor.

Here is the answer.

#21 Posted by beatboks1 (7413 posts) - - Show Bio

@doomnaut said:

Hulk smashes Grundy and Aquaman and Silver Surfer speed blitzes Doctor Fate while Strange conjures up a spell to send Captain Atom to Dormammu's realm.

Can I ask how Surfer speed blitzes someone who's as fast as him, and also has time manipulation. Not to mention Superman level strength and invulnerability ??

Also (anyone), having not read Nu52 Atom does he still have the complete immunity to magic that pre 52 Atom had??

#22 Posted by dondave (38784 posts) - - Show Bio

@beatboks1: He hasn't faced anyone with magic, only people with similar abilities to him

#23 Posted by 18hunt (2948 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk- his anger strength is too powerful

Fate- he is just too strong (although he jobs just like his opponent) he effects the universe in many ways, simply the better of the two

Captain Atom- He absorption and power is too much for surfer. He is also very physically strong, although surfer would be a good match, he wins.

Aquaman- he is plain out better

#24 Posted by thanosii (1326 posts) - - Show Bio

defenders ftw