Defend the bridge from the Planet of the Apes Army!

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

If you've seen the movie, then you know there's a major conflict on the Golden Gate Bridge. The massive ape army faces off against police forces, but now we'll see if you can make a small team of comic book characters to defend the bridge.

Rules:
-You have to pick 4 human characters who have a MAX of peak human statistics (characters like Daredevil are okay). These characters will have standard gear. 
-Offensive powers are not allowed (Cyclops, Gambit, etc).
-Tech that provides offensive abilities equal to powers are not allowed (Shocker, Captain Cold, etc).
-If a character can solo, they aren't allowed.
-Morals apply for your team. 
-Characters must be Marvel/DC only.
-The Ape army consists of 300 units. 275 are an assortmen of apes/orangutans, 25 are gorillas. This army is under the command of Caeser.
-Teams begin at opposite ends of the bridge.
-Your team just knows they need to defend the exit of the bridge.
-Caeser's army knows the objective is to cross the bridge and to follow his orders.
-Just like the movie, the bridge is laced in fairly heavy fog. All abandoned vehicles remain too.
-Standard elimination rules apply.
-Debate why your team can defeat the army.
-Debate why other teams cannot.
PikminMania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By PikminMania
@k4tzm4n
K4tzm4n, has anyone ever told you that you make awesome posts... cuz I am now!

Green Arrow
Taskmaster
Spider-man Back in Black
Hawkeye

My team could win it because Spider-man can web up most of the apes and also he can take their hits. He could stop them before they get close enough to attack the ranged fighters. While Spider-man is fighting off the apes the three archers will get to work and pick off the apes with headshots. While it is true that it could take more than a clip of ammo on a pistol to kill a gorilla, arrows and a headshot could kill it just fine. Mix that with all of the many trick arrows and we have a winning combo.
Avatar image for asgardianxeno929
AsgardianXeno929

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By AsgardianXeno929

Captain America, Green Arrow, Batman, and Punisher.  
All have Great H2H skills, tactical prowess, and are agile.
Captain America has a LOT of apes to bounce his shield off of and can defend against any gorilla pounding.
Green Arrow has great aim, and trick arrows for almost any situation.
Batman has many useful gadgets and can fight many people at a time.
Punisher has many useful weapons and is very lethal.

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#4  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

I wanted to go for a Team 7 reunion with Grifter, Deathblow, Backlash and Dane, but Backlash pushes the limit and Dane obliterates it. Instead I'll use some of Team Achilles. Ben Santini would be leading Jaeger Weiss, Jukko Hamalainen and Galena Golovin. Jukko's power/curse will enable him to pinpoint all the apes on the bridge which should provide Golovin (the sniper) shots before she'd normally be able to get them. Santini is brilliant and would probably be on the lookout for Caesar so Golovin could shoot him. Caesar didn't keep to cover very well so as soon as Santini locates him the fight would be over. Jaeger is mostly there as a gun to keep things away. They're all armed for a battle zone so they'd definitely last long enough for Golovin to kill Caesar.

My other team would be DD, Deadshot, Grifter and Deathblow. DD would be spotter for everyone, pointing out targets and with perfect knowledge of where the apes are coming from in case they try to sneak around. Deadshot is simply a perfect shot with near endless ammo. As soon as any apes are visible they go down (and hopefully before that thanks to DD). He could also be blowing up cars at strategic moments. Grifter is also a perfect shot but he and Deathblow are mostly just there for extreme firepower because that's what they like. They pack thermite grenades standard and have all manner of specialty bullets. Also, their normally dormant psychic powers get stronger the more gen-active people are around so they'll be amping each other and for Grifter at least, his normal sense of who's around him at all times would be greatly increased allowing him to hit targets he probably can't see. I don't know if the same is true for Deathblow, but even if it's not, his guns, his familiarity with Grifter, and his ability to boost him are an asset. He's also probably capable of taking on a gorilla or two on his own should they ever get that close.

AsgardianXeno929

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By AsgardianXeno929
@PikminMania: great team!
PikminMania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By PikminMania
@AsgardianXeno929: Thanks dude but I hate to be a debby downer but I don't think your team makes it
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

@PikminMania said:

@k4tzm4n: K4tzm4n, has anyone ever told you that you make awesome posts... cuz I am now! Green ArrowTaskmasterSpider-man Back in BlackHawkeye My team could win it because Spider-man can web up most of the apes and also he can take their hits. He could stop them before they get close enough to attack the ranged fighters. While Spider-man is fighting off the apes the three archers will get to work and pick off the apes with headshots. While it is true that it could take more than a clip of ammo on a pistol to kill a gorilla, arrows and a headshot could kill it just fine. Mix that with all of the many trick arrows and we have a winning combo.

Spider-Man breaks the rules and shooting through fog will be hard. Also, the majority of the apes aren't coming straight at them so blindly shooting into the fog wouldn't be helpful even if they didn't have the cover provided by tons of cars.

@AsgardianXeno929 said:

Captain America, Green Arrow, Batman, and Punisher. All have Great H2H skills, tactical prowess, and are agile.Captain America has a LOT of apes to bounce his shield off of and can defend against any gorilla pounding.Green Arrow has great aim, and trick arrows for almost any situation. Batman has many useful gadgets and can fight many people at a time. Punisher has many useful weapons and is very lethal.

I doubt the shield is going to be knocking out many of the apes and they're all at least as fast as Cap and I'm sure one of them would catch the shield on reflex if it's coming at his head. Then it ends up in the water and Cap is defenseless against hundreds of creatures stronger than him. They're all good fighters, but I don't think they have it in them to fight off hundreds of apes. And that's if the apes stop to fight instead of just getting past them and their lack of range. They have some range, but not very much since they can't see into deep fog.

PikminMania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By PikminMania
@Buckshot: If DD is allowed then Spider-man is allowed, he is street level. That doesn't look like much fog to me. Besides they have special arrows, you know explosive and what not.
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

@PikminMania said:

@Buckshot: If DD is allowed then Spider-man is allowed, he is street level. That doesn't look like much fog to me. Besides they have special arrows, you know explosive and what not.

The limitations are not based on (inaccurate) definitions of "street level". The limitations are as follows: "human characters who have a MAX of peak human statistics". Spider-Man's physical abilities are well beyond peak human. Daredevil's are not. Also, Daredevil was specifically allowed in case there was any confusion. The OP also clearly states (in case you haven't seen the movie to know for yourself) that there's heavy fog. Explosive arrows don't help you see better. Like I said, the apes aren't all right in front of them so even a shot that hits the area won't get a ton of them.

EDIT: I'm trying to think of a nicer, more sensitive way to write my post, but it just feels fake, so just understand I didn't mean anything negative by my corrections, just that there was stuff in the OP that might lead you to a more appropriate response to the challenge.

AsgardianXeno929

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By AsgardianXeno929
@Buckshot said:

@PikminMania said:

@k4tzm4n: K4tzm4n, has anyone ever told you that you make awesome posts... cuz I am now! Green ArrowTaskmasterSpider-man Back in BlackHawkeye My team could win it because Spider-man can web up most of the apes and also he can take their hits. He could stop them before they get close enough to attack the ranged fighters. While Spider-man is fighting off the apes the three archers will get to work and pick off the apes with headshots. While it is true that it could take more than a clip of ammo on a pistol to kill a gorilla, arrows and a headshot could kill it just fine. Mix that with all of the many trick arrows and we have a winning combo.

Spider-Man breaks the rules and shooting through fog will be hard. Also, the majority of the apes aren't coming straight at them so blindly shooting into the fog wouldn't be helpful even if they didn't have the cover provided by tons of cars.

@AsgardianXeno929 said:

Captain America, Green Arrow, Batman, and Punisher. All have Great H2H skills, tactical prowess, and are agile.Captain America has a LOT of apes to bounce his shield off of and can defend against any gorilla pounding.Green Arrow has great aim, and trick arrows for almost any situation. Batman has many useful gadgets and can fight many people at a time. Punisher has many useful weapons and is very lethal.

I doubt the shield is going to be knocking out many of the apes and they're all at least as fast as Cap and I'm sure one of them would catch the shield on reflex if it's coming at his head. Then it ends up in the water and Cap is defenseless against hundreds of creatures stronger than him. They're all good fighters, but I don't think they have it in them to fight off hundreds of apes. And that's if the apes stop to fight instead of just getting past them and their lack of range. They have some range, but not very much since they can't see into deep fog.

@PikminMania
 lol, i know, i havent seen the movie yet, i was supposed to today but got there too late.
cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By cattlebattle

I don't think any street level team could beat them, even with guns they are still climbing up from under you, descending from above you and running straight at you, you could take out a good twenty or so, but your pretty much overwhelmed

PikminMania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By PikminMania
@Buckshot: Fine then I'll get Daken. And Ultimate Hawkeye to replace Hawkeye.

GA, Ultimate Hawkeye, and Taskmaster are perfect shots, as good or better than Grifter, Deadshot, and Deathblow.
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

@PikminMania said:

@Buckshot: Fine then I'll get Daken. Also GA, Hawkeye, and Taskmaster are perfect shots

You still have to be able to see your target to get a perfect shot. If they wait til they're visible they'll probably get overwhelmed from above and below. They may not be able to get shots off fast enough, and the best arrows they have for taking out a bunch of apes could potentially affect them too. I question if Daken would make the cut.

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Pacifist team (read: just for fun)

Tao, Doug, Holden Carver, Multiple Man

Tao and Doug would find the nearest cop cars and get on the megaphones and start talking to the apes and get them to surrender through their speech. Holden Carver is just there as a body guard. If any apes get too close before they get stopped he can put a bullet in their brain (he's not a perfect shot, but he's very good) or he could get into a fight with one of them and let use the pain against it. Multiple Man is another justincase. He won't be fighting, just having dupes ready as a wall in case things go wrong, which they won't. I mostly had him and Carver to fill out the 4. Tao could probably solo.

PikminMania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By PikminMania
@Buckshot: Daken just has bone claws and regenrative powers.
TheBatman586

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By TheBatman586

Batman
Domino
Black Canary
Green Arrow

Batman and Green Arrow have multiple gadgets that can bring down crowds of enemies fairly quickly. Domino can manipulate the odds so that the apes screw up attacks and trip over their own feet. In the worst case scenario, Black Canary could just scream and reduce the apes to liquified remains.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
@PikminMania
Thanks! 

Guys, keep in mind PEAK physicals at best (Steve Rogers is enhanced) and no major power sets.  They have to be, for the most part, human.
IcePrince_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By IcePrince_X

Okay... My Team of Only Human with peak powers

Elektra
Daredevil
Batman
Cassandra Cain

I believe they can work as in efficient unit that can disperse and eliminate the apes fast. Elektra's martial arts skill  an very well work even with the fog and so is Daredevil's. Batman and Cassandra Cain has the technology plus skills to take out alot of the apes  in one time. 

PikminMania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By PikminMania

Official Team:
Moon Knight, Ultimate Hawkeye, Taskmaster, Green Arrow

Moon Knight spots, others fire away, if the apes get too close Taskmaster goes on the offensive and uses his sword skills very well.

Blood_guts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Blood_guts

Iron man 
deathstroke 
bullseye 
domino 

iron man can blast the big guys and give them all cover from the air. deathstroke takes the center switching to melee only under extreme conditions. domino takes care of long range and bullseye handles mid with poisoned javelins and knives.

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By buttersdaman000

Professor X
He puts all the apes to sleep

Edit:
If Prof. X isnt allowed I'll take:
Multiple Man, Nightwing, Cyclops, and Animal Man(?)

Multiple man to contain, and Animal Man for control. Nightwing and Cyclops are only there to fill up slots

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

@Blood_guts said:

Iron man deathstroke bullseye domino iron man can blast the big guys and give them all cover from the air. deathstroke takes the center switching to melee only under extreme conditions. domino takes care of long range and bullseye handles mid with poisoned javelins and knives.

devil horns to iron man. deathstroke is also above the limit. domino may push the "power set" limit.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#23  Edited By Static Shock

@Blood_guts said:

Iron man deathstroke

Neither of these characters are peak-human, especially Iron Man when in his suit. Deathstroke is enhanced past peak-human capabilities.

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

@buttersdaman000 said:

Professor X He puts all the apes to sleep Edit: If Prof. X isnt allowed I'll take: Multiple Man, Nightwing, Cyclops, and Animal Man(?) Multiple man to contain, and Animal Man for control. Nightwing and Cyclops are only there to fill up slots

I didn't say anything about Prof X cuz I thought you were joking. Of the 5 people you mentioned, only Nightwing works.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Static Shock

Is anybody reading the OP?

sa5m

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#26  Edited By sa5m

Speedy:: Roy has the trick arrows he can use to knock them out
Black Canary:: Uses the scream to put the monkeys down 
Red Hood:: Can shoot them in the head with his guns   
Deadshot:: Expert marksman to help out the team
=)

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

@sa5m said:

Speedy:: Roy has the trick arrows he can use to knock them outBlack Canary:: Uses the scream to put the monkeys down Red Hood:: Can shoot them in the head with his guns Deadshot:: Expert marksman to help out the team =)

If Black Canary is even allowed, her scream isn't.

@Static Shock said:

Is anybody reading the OP?

I think I'm winning by default.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ab1ccc482197
deactivated-5ab1ccc482197

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@k4tzm4n said:

Characters must be Marvel/DC only.

Well there goes my idea. >_>

Had Devil's Due publishing been allowed. My team would of been as follow.
Drizzt
Wulfgar
Cattie-brie
Bruenor
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By buttersdaman000
@Buckshot
I was joking with prof x lol but I dont think the OP rules him out.....
All it says is max peak human statistics, it says nothing about powers

But ill change it around again.....
Taskmaster (?), Bullseye, Punisher, and Jason Todd

Edit: 
Ok....I see where I messed up. I just kept overlooking human....lol
sa5m

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#30  Edited By sa5m
@Buckshot
Then I would replace her with the Captain Boomerang =)
ClarkWayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By ClarkWayne

Batman 
Punisher 
Green Arrow 
Captain America

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

@buttersdaman000 said:

@Buckshot: I was joking with prof x lol but I dont think the OP rules him out..... All it says is max peak human statistics, it says nothing about powers But ill change it around again..... Taskmaster (?), Mystique (?), Punisher, and Jason Todd

@k4tzm4n said:

@PikminMania: Thanks! Guys, keep in mind PEAK physicals at best (Steve Rogers is enhanced) and no major power sets. They have to be, for the most part, human.

Pretty sure being a world class telepath is a major power set. I think the only one that's an issue in your latest team is mystique.

@Alurvelve said:

@k4tzm4n said:
Characters must be Marvel/DC only.
Well there goes my idea. >_>

I totally missed that. Thankfully(...) Wildstorm fits into DC now.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Static Shock

@Buckshot said:

I agree.

GhostRider29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By GhostRider29

Hmmm... 

I'll take 

Punisher: Have him stand on top of a car and slowly take down the apes with his amazing shooting ability. Then if he has to, he'll fight h2h.  

Crossbones: Starts off shooting then leads to H2H when the Apes get waaaayyyy tooo close.

Nightwing: To Crossbones with the H2H combat. 

Batman: To use his gadgets to try to knock out the apes and amazing H2H combat as well as a quick thinker.  

P.S. 
If i was allowed, i'd get Multiple man instead of Nightwing.

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By buttersdaman000
@Buckshot said:

@buttersdaman000 said:

@Buckshot: I was joking with prof x lol but I dont think the OP rules him out..... All it says is max peak human statistics, it says nothing about powers But ill change it around again..... Taskmaster (?), Mystique (?), Punisher, and Jason Todd

@k4tzm4n said:

@PikminMania: Thanks! Guys, keep in mind PEAK physicals at best (Steve Rogers is enhanced) and no major power sets. They have to be, for the most part, human.

Pretty sure being a world class telepath is a major power set. I think the only one that's an issue in your latest team is mystique.

That wasnt even in the OP though lol
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

@sa5m said:

@Buckshot: Then I would replace her with the Captain Boomerang =)

If it's the young one, he's a speedster.

@ClarkWayne said:

Batman Punisher Green Arrow Captain America

No cap.

I feel like the police, but without the accent and global fame.

difficlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By difficlus

Iron Fist (no chi augmentation) 
Ultimate Hawkeye  
Daredevil   
Bullseye 

So Daredevil is going to make sure everyone gets alerted if the apes try to make another ambush from above and below like in the film. Bullseye pretty much takes out as many as he can with his cards and random materials around. Daredevil himself is no pushover, speed and agility trumps that of any ape. He can go close in against the gorillas along with Iron fist. Ultimate Hawkeye is for range. He sticks back from everyone else and takes shows at any problematic apes the team may be encountering. if an ape is about to drop a blow against any of the other three it's his job to support their backs. Of course he could be susceptible to ambush however he's no slouch in combat reaction unlike the normal cops. If somehow the apes get the drop on him he could handle himself. Iron fist is used for brute force against the larger gorillas. His speed, stamina, agility and superhuman blows should make this a walk-through for him.  
So hawkeye for long distance stikes, bullseye for mid range attacks. Daredevil to take out incoming threats (especially from under the bridge) and can be aided by bullseye if needed and Iron fist as the brick.

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

@buttersdaman000said:

@Buckshot said:

@buttersdaman000 said:

@k4tzm4n said:

So because it's not in the first post you can't read it? It's like, in the rare cases where people read the OP, that's as far as they get.

@difficlus: Iron Fist has been beyond peak for a while now. Otherwise, good choice. He could punch the whole bridge down.

@Static Shock said:

@Buckshot said:

I agree.

I want to win because I'm the best, not because no one else is playing right. I think there were a couple that followed the directions on the first page.

GhostRider29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By GhostRider29

Wait, is crossbones enhanced??
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Alright, I'm going to bed. I crown myself winner until I get back.

difficlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By difficlus
@Buckshot said:

Alright, I'm going to bed. I crown myself winner until I get back.

lol.  
Technically Iron fist is still billed as only peak human. 
GhostRider29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By GhostRider29
@difficlus
If Iron fist is allowed, I'm deffinitly changing my list. Only reason he's not on mine is because I figured he wasn't. Lol
difficlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By difficlus
@GhostRider29 said:
@difficlus: If Iron fist is allowed, I'm deffinitly changing my list. Only reason he's not on mine is because I figured he wasn't. Lol
If he is allowed then i could add Karate Kid instead of bullseye. 
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By buttersdaman000
@Buckshot said:

@buttersdaman000said:

@Buckshot said:

@buttersdaman000 said:

@k4tzm4n said:

So because it's not in the first post you can't read it? It's like, in the rare cases where people read the OP, that's as far as they get.

@difficlus: Iron Fist has been beyond peak for a while now. Otherwise, good choice. He could punch the whole bridge down.

@Static Shock said:

@Buckshot said:

I agree.

I want to win because I'm the best, not because no one else is playing right. I think there were a couple that followed the directions on the first page.

Yeah...I dont have to read it......All rules should be in the OP. If you want to make a change or clarify something you put it in the OP.....
But whatever...I dont feel like arguing a little matter...
I made my changes and I think they fit the rules
Avatar image for venomoushatred1001
venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Iron Man 
Casandra Cain 
Wolverine 
Daken
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

Crossbones is peak. 

Iron Fist is not allowed, unless you restrict him with no chi. 

Iron Man? Reallllllllly?  Come on, the OP isn't tough to read.  It even has a pretty picture to lure you in.
entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#47  Edited By entropy_aegis

Captain America 
Cassandra Cain 
Deadshot 
Connor Hawke.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#48  Edited By entropy_aegis
@venomoushatred1001 said:
Iron Man Casandra Cain Wolverine Daken
Darkseid,Galactus,Antimonitor,Odin. 
My revised list.
_Marco_Smith_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By _Marco_Smith_

Kraven the hunter. It's all I need shiznit!  lol just kidding :P

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

@buttersdaman000 said:

Yeah...I dont have to read it......All rules should be in the OP. If you want to make a change or clarify something you put it in the OP..... But whatever...I dont feel like arguing a little matter... I made my changes and I think they fit the rules

No one said you had to, I just made the statement because it seems to me like people are so involved with what they have to say they don't have time for what's already been written. Also, I want to point out that it's not like you followed the OP to the letter in the first place, so saying directions need to be in the OP for you to follow them is weak. Comes off like you're trying to excuse your ignorance.