Defeat Spider-man Challange (read op).

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By laflux

Thanos has captured spider-man and places him under the mental illusion that The avengers have slaughtered Charlie cooper, Mary Jane, and Aunt May. As a result Peter Parker agrees to go through a series of enhancements to achieve his aim of revenge, provided by the mad titan.

These are

1. Spider-man has all the powers from the other.

2. He has been mystically given the eye beam attacks and healing factor of Black tarantula.

3. His stingers have been infused with adamantuim.

4. Through Thanos' reality warping abilities, Thanos has bestowed spider-man with the skills and spider-sense of his what-if counterpart.

5. Thanos has created a belt of strength which increases spideys strength by a factor of 2.5 . It is presumed to be based off Thor's belt of strength, but is presumably of inferior quality

6. Thanos has placed telepathic blocks which render spidey immune to telepathic based attacks as well as misdirection.

7. Spider-man is not blood-lusted per say but is more than willing to kill and has a Black in Black demeanour to him.

8. Spider-man also has current standard gear (cryo pellets, magnetic webbing e.t.c.) and way of the spider training.

9. Thanos has replicated the Current Scarlet spiders Stealth suit and given it to spider-man.

Setting

Battle takes place the Modern Warfare 3 Map Hard-hat.

Spider-man has telepathic control of 50 Horse sized spiders similar in appearance and Behaviour to those in the film Eight legged freaks. They have venom of similar potency to that contained in spider-man's stingers.

Thanos has installed a field which renders teleportation, through technology such as doors, or other means impossible.

It also disables all a.i battle simulators in the vicinity.

There is a depot of 6 AK-47's with 12 clips in the centre of the Map in the pipe. There is also a RPG-7 with a single launcher at the red spawn.

You Must create a team of street levelers using up to 5 members to defeat the Wall crawler by any method. They must have

1. strength equal to or lower than 30 tons

2. Durability equal to or lower than Luke Cage

3. Healing factor equal to or lower than Wolverine

4. No telepathy

5. No telekinesis

6. Speed equal to or inferior to that of 250 mph.

7. Must be deemed Street level.

Your team gets twenty minutes prep time to come up with a plan to defeat spider-man, but can only bring standard gear and standard firearms. They know spider-man is serious but are unaware of his enhancements. They begin at Blue spawn.

Achievements.

Mission Accomplished- score a minority against spider-man

Dominator- score a majority

Going Light- Use less than 5 members

Commando- use members who don't use projectile weaponry.

Unknown soldier- use at least one comic book character I have never heard of.

Strength isn't everything- Use characters that are below class five in strength.

Banned Characters- BATMAN 1 MILLION, KARATE KID.

EDIT- try to give a short description of why your team would clear. That would be helpful.

nickzambuto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By nickzambuto

Most people will still say Midnighter wins all on his lonesome.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By laflux

@nickzambuto: yep he is being removed

SpideyPresence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By SpideyPresence

You have created the best battle forum thread i've ever seen. Applaud

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6179a9df861
deactivated-5d6179a9df861

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Oh boy can't wait to follow up on this.

Hmm my team:

Venom (Brock) Hopefully he can block his spidersense, even though it has been upgraded.

Kaine (Scarlet Spider). He got many of the powers descriebed by OP.

Spider-Woman (Drew) maby her pheremones can render Spidey confussed just for a bit.

Wolverine, he is really tough to put down, and his senses and skills are incredible.

Black Panther, (if he is not a street level then Blade)

BloodsunXL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By BloodsunXL

Daken(with Murmasa Blasdes), Taskmaster, Deathstroke, and Bane(New 52)

spawn_123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By spawn_123

@SpideyPresence said:

You have created the best battle forum thread i've ever seen. Applaud

Haha nice one

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By laflux

@SpideyPresence: thank you

@pulseangel666: I would give you the first and possibly the second achievements. Wolverine actually trained what if spider-man, so that would help. Brock scrabbling his near pre-cog spider-sense would also work. I'm not sure whether it would work on behalf of all the characters though. Flash would have been a better choice for me since his has combat training and has shown more shape-shifting abilities. If you remove Blade you could have going light, since he doesn't add anything much IMO. Nevertheless, pass :-)

P.S Black panther's vibranuim suit gives him above Luke cage durability.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6179a9df861
deactivated-5d6179a9df861

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@laflux: Nice thx, well wasn't sure about Panther, and I'll remove Blade then and go light :) great battle btw!

spawn_123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By spawn_123

1:Ultimate Captain America

2: Batman 1M

3: Daredevil

4: Moon Knight

5: Iron Fist

Avatar image for deactivated-59d945143d79a
deactivated-59d945143d79a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Deathstroke(new 52, but with prenew 52 armor)

Savage Dragon

Captain America

Zealot

Spiderman 2099

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By laflux

@joeagentofhand1 said:

Deathstroke(new 52)

Savage Dragon

Captain America

Zealot

US Agent

Spiderman 2099

zealot is a beast who stalemated Midnighter. I reckon that she could beat spider-man one on one, if 2099 takes on the spiders. Savage dragon would make things easier. I think that dragon, zealot and 2099 could get a minority by themselves, i think us agent and cap are over there heads here. Pass with achievements 1 and possibly 2. Definitely 5 since I've never heard of savage dragon before.

@BloodsunX said:

Daken(with Murmasa Blasdes), Taskmaster, Deathstroke, and Bane(New 52)

New 52 bane doesn't seem that impressive to me. I would say that normal spidey could take him. The same goes for taskmaster. NEW 52 death-stroke would be banned due his armour, while i think that pre 52 and daken would be beat here

@spawn_123 said:

1:Ultimate Captain America

2: Batman 1M

3: Daredevil

4: Moon Knight

5: Iron Fist

Batman 1M is supposed to be superior in martial arts to Karate Kid so he would be banned. Post Ammagato IF is not street level (he koed skaar and split helicarriers with his punches). Moon Knight Daredevil and Ult cap would go down easily.

ChaosBlazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By ChaosBlazer

Daken w/Muramasa blades, Wolverine, Black Tarantula, and Count Vertigo.

Also, lol at the spiders from 8 legged freaks.... was that movie supposed to be comedy or horror? Cause personally I think it was funny

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

#14  Edited By Strider1992

Classic Kaine, Omega Red,The Gorgon, Sway

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By laflux

@ChaosBlazer: i would give you going light, mission accomplished and commando. Black tarantula would at least hold spidey off. I mentioned the value of wolverine earlier. Count Vertigo's hypnosis would be banned though. Daken is also not a bad choice.

@Strider92 said:

Classic Kaine, Omega Red,The Gorgon, Sway

Omega red is not street level. Gorgon could probably take out those spiders blindfolded (ha), due to his skill and healing.He would miss his telepathy. Classic kaine again keep spidey occupied. Sway's lack of meta human stats would put in deep trouble if she got tagged. Mission accomplished, going light, commando, unknown solider i think, but i think you you would get a slim minority at that.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

#16  Edited By Strider1992

@laflux: K here's my revised team with Omega Red's replacement:

Classic Kaine, Shocker (Enhanced Vibro), The Gorgon, Sway

I think I can pull this off now :p

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By laflux

@Strider92 said:

@laflux: K here's my revised team with Omega Red's replacement:

Classic Kaine, Shocker (Enhanced Vibro), The Gorgon, Sway

I think I can pull this off now :p

Yes i think you can. You would lose commando though.

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Dextersinister

Beautiful Dreamer

Big Bear

Mark Moonrider

Serifan

Vykin

Individually none of them are very strong but they work very well together.

Also a team consisting of the 5 planeeters.

Jayfournines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Jayfournines

Grifter

Akuma (from SF series)

Ultimate Captain America

Zealot

Jack Hawksmoor

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By laflux

@Jayfournines: Jack Hacksmoor threw a propane truck weighing 40 tons with one hand. Hard Hat is in a city (its the building site of a skyscraper), and cities make him more powerful. So he wouldn't make it. He's a cool character though.

@Dextersinister: i wouldn't call big bear street level due to his strength

ThexX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By ThexX
  • Scarlet Spider (Kaine)
  • Zealot
  • Bucky Barnes (Winter Soldier)
  • Wolverine
  • Spider-Women
Esquire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Esquire

Anti-Venom

Shocker

Anti-Venom negates Spidey's powers by being near him, then kills him. He and Shocker then kill the spiders without difficulty. Did it in two.

SpideyPresence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By SpideyPresence

Bloodlusted Team:

Aang (From Avatar, Pre book fire so no firebending)

Wolverine

Kitty Pryde

SpiderWoman (Maybe some Pheromone confusion)

Spiderman 2099

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By laflux

Buuump.

Avatar image for venomsapprentice
venomsapprentice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By venomsapprentice

This is such an awesome thread! XD

I choose: Venom, Wolverine, Green Goblin, Spider Woman, and Scorpion

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By laflux

@venomsapprentice: thanks. Reasons why they clear

darktiger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#27  Edited By darktiger

@laflux: awesome thread I have to think about this

venomsapprentice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By venomsapprentice

@laflux said:

Venom and Scorpion have the power to defeat the giant Spiders.

Green Goblin can mess up Spider Mans Spider Sense. (actually, can I change Goblin to Captain America?)

Wolverine and Spider Woman stand the best chance of Breaking The mental illusion around Spider Man.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By laflux

@venomsapprentice said:

@laflux said:

Green Goblin can mess up Spider Mans Spider Sense. (actually, can I change Goblin to Captain America?)

Wolverine and Spider Woman stand the best chance of Breaking The mental illusion around Spider Man.

via beating Spidey physically no. But they could break the illusion due to spider-woman's pheromones. The spiders shouldn't be a issue for the team.

venomsapprentice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By venomsapprentice

@laflux said:

@venomsapprentice said:

@laflux said:

via beating Spidey physically no. But they could break the illusion due to spider-woman's pheromones. The spiders shouldn't be a issue for the team.

My thoughts exactly.

lightdragonman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By lightdragonman

the whole bat family with batmans power armor from Dark night returns

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#32  Edited By nickthedevil

Heatwave, Captain Cold, Trickster

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By laflux

bUMP

Blacharrt1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Blacharrt1

Cyclop, Bishop, Gravity, Cipher, Blindfold

Cyclop - because of his tactical/strategic genius especially is very tight situations such as this, he also has an air of unpredictability. His ability to have also perfect spacial awareness will work in this setting.

Bishop - his combat skills are on par with Cables and he has the ability to tank all kinds of damage even kinetic and transforms it into Energy. He also has future knowledge of many events through time travel. He will also will not hesitant to kill Spiderman. Bishop also has next gen tech from future timelines.

Gravity - has been one of the most underrate Street leveler for a long time. His powers over gravitons, and his ability to create forcefield could completely negate any attacks they may come up against range wise. Also what he did to Onslaught in Young Allies was amazing he basically ripped him apart on a subatomic level. And if he does melee, he should be able to tank what Spiderman is throwing out considering his showing in Fear Itself when he fought Hardball, and brought the City of Vegas crashing down around him.

Cipher - Her phasing, Intangibility, invisibility coupled with her ability to be completely undetected would serve the team well as a scout. Her Electrical discharges would also come in handy with the spiders. I am not sure is Cipher is affected by precognition, if it were more than just Jean and Scott would have known of her existence. Blindfold for one would have known she was at the school.

Blindfold - Precognitive, Retrocognitive, Clairvoyant which could counter spider-man, fully unleash precognition powers. She is one of the most underrated and most interesting x-men to date, she doesn't have any real combat skill, that has been shown so far, but are ability to predict the present event, and future events are pretty damn accurate when people listen to her. Scott & Emma have made a point to take what she says very seriously.

Cyclops will use the prep time to get as much information on spider-man's whereabouts and plans from Blindfold as well as the Thanos intel. Gravity will be on guard duty with Blindfold keeping them both safe in a force field during confrontations. Blindfold can also alert then of enemy presence beforehand. Bishop and Cyclops and Cipher can handle any spiders. Cipher by Stealth Strikes, and Bishop and Cyclops with Frontal assaults.

YoungJustice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#35  Edited By YoungJustice

AoA Nightcrawler and Cyclops.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By laflux

@Blacharrt1 said:

Cyclop, Bishop, Gravity, Cipher, Blindfold

Cyclop - because of his tactical/strategic genius especially is very tight situations such as this, he also has an air of unpredictability. His ability to have also perfect special awareness will work in this setting.

Bishop - his combat skills are on par with Cables and he has the tank all kinds of damage even kinetic and transforms it into Energy. He also has future knowledge of many events through time. He will also hesitant to kill Spiderman. Bishop also has next gen tech from future timelines.

Gravity - has been one of the most underrate Street leveler for a long time. His powers over gravitons, and his ability to create forcefield could completely negate any attacks they may come up against range wise. Also what he did to Onslaught in Young Allies was amazing he basically ripped him apart on a subatomic level. And if he does melee, he should be able to tank what Spiderman is throwing out considering his showing in Fear Itself when he fought Hardball, and brought the City of Vegas crashing down around him.

Cipher - Her phasing, Intangibility, invisibility coupled with her ability to be completely undetected would serve the team well as a scout. Her Electrical discharges would also come in handy with the spiders. I am not sure is Cipher is affected by precognition, if it were more than just Jean and Scott would have known of her existence. Blindfold for one would have known she was at the school.

Blindfold - Precognitive, Retrocognitive, Clairvoyant which could counter spider-man, fully unleash precognition powers. She is one of the most underrated and most interesting x-men to date, she doesn't have any real combat skill, that has been shown so far, but are ability to predict the present event, and future events are pretty damn accurate when people listen to her. Scott & Emma have made a point to take what she says very seriously.

Cyclops will use the prep time to get as much information on spider-man's whereabouts and plans from Blindfold as well as the Thanos intel. Gravity will be on guard duty with Blindfold keeping them both safe in a force field during confrontations. Blindfold can also alert then of enemy presence beforehand. Bishop and Cyclops and Cipher can handle any spiders. Cipher by Stealth Strikes, and Bishop and Cyclops with Frontal assaults.

You sir, got a follow.

SillySteve91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By SillySteve91

I really think Sylar could solo this. Sylar from the future or even from the third and fourth season... He would need to go in bloodlusted. But I think he could solo.

If not, the he gets help from Peter when he was at his peak...

nightwing737

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By nightwing737

Kaine (Scarlet Spider)

Wolverine

Luke Cage

Batman

Nightwing

Blacharrt1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Blacharrt1

@laflux: coming from you in this format you have created is a great honor. Thank you.