#1 Posted by ChaosBlazer (3930 posts) - - Show Bio

You must assemble a team of 6 members to play my team in a good ol' game of dodgeball!

Rules of this dodgeball game:

If the ball is thrown and touches anybody on the opposite team, they are out. Even if the ball bounces off of them and is caught, they are out. To stay in, Your team must be able to dodge every ball thrown.

Once a ball hits the walls or ground (after being thrown) it is dead and may be picked up, touched etc.

If a person blocks a dodgeball with another ball they are holding, they stay in. Deflecting and dodging the ball are the only ways to stay in the game.

If a person gets an opponent out by hitting them with a dodgeball, their team gets one person (who had previously been out) back on the court. If nobody on that team is out yet, then too bad, you get nobody back.

Characters cannot do anything to the dodgeballs. They cannot break them, infuse them with energy, turn them into ice, etc.

The court they play in is indestructible, as are the dodgeballs. Even a dodgeball thrown by Hulk will not break the wall.

When a ball hits the wall, it loses all of its momentum (so that balls thrown by Hulk don't bounce off and break somebody's back or injure them).

No weapons or fighting whatsoever. If a character crosses the center line in the court, they are disqualified and booted from the match. The only exchange between the teams will be dodgeballs (and curse words, of course).

Also, no telepathy can be used on the opposing team same for Fantomex's misdirection. Your team cannot do anything to change the rules or warp the court or balls.

Rules for the people you can choose:

Only characters from Marvel and DC are allowed.

Nobody who can run/move as fast as, or faster than, jet speed. So, no Supes, Flash, Archangel, Cannonball, Iron Man, etc. Somebody like Spiderman or Daredevil is allowed.

Nobody who can fly is allowed.

Nobody more agile than Spiderman.

Nobody from my team can be used on your team.

Strength isn't a problem here. You can have Hulk if you want. (but keep in mind he is slow and big, so he's an easy target.)

Nobody who can change their density or phase out. ie no Vision or Shadowcat.

No psionic powers, so no telepathy, telekinesis, molecular manipulation, reality warping, etc.

Characters with energy warping/blasts are allowed, but cannot use their weapons in the game.

No omnipotence, or any power that would allow them to change the rules of the match.

Nobody with reactionary speed greater than Spiderman's.

This is the court the teams will play on. No crossing over any of the boundary lines, or the center line. There will be 8 of these balls at all times. The balls have an increased weight, they will weigh around 10 pounds.

My team:

Bullseye, Spiderman, Daredevil, Nightcrawler, Nightwing, Colossus

#2 Edited by The_Thunderer (2894 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor (w/mjolnir) No flying

Nightcrawlers dad

Cyclops

Storm No flying

Batman

Beast Boy No flying

#3 Posted by Nefarious (21979 posts) - - Show Bio
Deathstoke 

Deadpool 

Captain America 

Batman 

Cassandra Cain 

Midnighter
#4 Posted by Strider92 (16771 posts) - - Show Bio

I got this!

#5 Posted by menaceforever (3696 posts) - - Show Bio

Spot, Black Panther, Wasp, Ms.Marvel, Echo, Tigra also a question can a person use their abilities to deflect a ball.

#6 Posted by The_Thunderer (2894 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strider92 said:

I got this!

I was thinking this straight away, but it has to be marvel :/

#7 Posted by ChaosBlazer (3930 posts) - - Show Bio

@menaceforever said:

Spot, Black Panther, Wasp, Ms.Marvel, Echo, Tigra also a question can a person use their abilities to deflect a ball.

Good question, but no. Balls cannot be interfered with in any way. Good call with going with Spot, he'd be great at dodgeball lol

@BlueLantern1995: @Nefarious: Any arguments? Just simple ones on how your team is better than mine at throwing, dodging, blocking etc would suffice.

#8 Edited by Nefarious (21979 posts) - - Show Bio
@ChaosBlazer: Well, my team has a lot of highly intelligent teamates that will coordinate and strategize on who will lead them to victory i.e. Deathstroke for instance. 
#9 Posted by joeagentofhand1 (4362 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strider92 said:

I got this!

this

#10 Posted by Shawnbaby (10869 posts) - - Show Bio
@BlueLantern1995 said:

@ChaosBlazer I chose each of my members to fight a paticular member of yours.

1. Venom is Spider-Man's match(can shut off the good old Spidey sense thus allowing sneak attacks)
  2. Carnage is Bullseye's match
  3. Azazel is Nightcrawler's match
  4. Thing is Colossus' match
  5. Tim Drake with usual gear is Nightwing's match
  6. Toxin is Daredevil's match

The only real threats for my team are Nightcrawler and Spider-Man. Spider-Man without his Spider sense would soon go down to the likes of Azazel. After one member of your team is down(and Bullseye would be gone in a second because of Azazel) the extra member helps take down Venom's and then soon your team will be to greatly outnumbered.

Venom doesn't cancel out Spider-Sense entirely...it makes him and only him invisible to the Spider-Sense.
#11 Edited by k4tzm4n (51221 posts) - - Show Bio
  • Constantine Drakon
  • Gambit
  • Mr. Fantastic
  • Bruce Wayne
  • Mr. X
  • Taskmaster
Staff
#12 Posted by Shawnbaby (10869 posts) - - Show Bio

Longshot 
Hawkeye 
Domino 
Black Cat 
Kaine 
Captain America

#13 Posted by ThexX (1576 posts) - - Show Bio
  1. Venom (Flash)
  2. Bucky Barnes (Winter Soldier present)
  3. Ultimate Hawkeye
  4. Ultimate Captain America
  5. Ultimate Thing
  6. Vanisher
#14 Posted by stormphoenix (944 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Thunderer said:

Thor (w/mjolnir) No flying

Nightcrawlers dad

Cyclops

Storm No flying

Batman

Beast Boy No flying

AWWWWW man dude you read my mind :-( I was going to pick those exact characters *DANG*

Cheetah,Sheva,Beast,Wolverine,Mr.Fantastic,Iron Fist DONE (Wish I can pick a ninja turtle.) anyway I hope that's good.

#15 Posted by bonesboy08 (151 posts) - - Show Bio

time trapper...uses omnipresence to make 5 other avatars of himself (but can't use the full affect)...he holds back to low hyper-sonic/high supersonic speeds uh jet as you put it. he can only use his super strength and no omniscience so only traditional kryptonian senses...no emulating singularities, anti-matter, or god particle alike as they are considered potential reality warps. agility is equaled to that of spiderman...he can use blasts that are well confined to his surroundings barring that he doesn't break said surroundings...the other five versions are different colors...again he is greatly holding back and no flying the only problem is he happens to be superman *sigh xD

#16 Posted by Shawnbaby (10869 posts) - - Show Bio
@bonesboy08: He is superman...but he's restricted to Spider-Man levels...so hes not really superman at all is he?
#17 Posted by ChaosBlazer (3930 posts) - - Show Bio

@bonesboy08 said:

time trapper...uses omnipresence to make 5 other avatars of himself (but can't use the full affect)...he holds back to low hyper-sonic/high supersonic speeds uh jet as you put it. he can only use his super strength and no omniscience so only traditional kryptonian senses...no emulating singularities, anti-matter, or god particle alike as they are considered potential reality warps. agility is equaled to that of spiderman...he can use blasts that are well confined to his surroundings barring that he doesn't break said surroundings...the other five versions are different colors...again he is greatly holding back and no flying the only problem is he happens to be superman *sigh xD

You can't pick a character and say 'he cannot use this ability'. If he has a power, and it's against the rules, he's not allowed. You cannot say he is just going to 'hold back.'

You need to pick different characters.

#18 Posted by Floopay (8721 posts) - - Show Bio

@ChaosBlazer:

Azazel

Gambit

The Thing

Plastic Man

Ultimate Hawkeye

Bane

I totally got this!

Thanks for reading,

Flooopay

#19 Posted by ChaosBlazer (3930 posts) - - Show Bio

@Floopay said:

@ChaosBlazer:

Azazel

Gambit

The Thing

Plastic Man

Ultimate Hawkeye

Bane

I totally got this!

Thanks for reading,

Flooopay

very nice, good team Floopay

#20 Posted by amalgamuniverse (334 posts) - - Show Bio

@ChaosBlazer: Can we use a character with multiple arms? How about wall crawling? If yes, then

Ai Apaec

Black Panther

Captain America

Mockingbird

Catwoman

Black Canary

If not, then switch Ai Apaec with Hawkeye

#21 Posted by ChaosBlazer (3930 posts) - - Show Bio

@amalgamuniverse: Ai Apaec is fine, good team!

#22 Posted by big_blue_cheese (54 posts) - - Show Bio

Azazel

Black Panther

Plastic Man

Mister fantastic

Hercules

Hawkeye

#23 Posted by tomdickharry1984 (837 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel team: Flatman, Thing, Taskmaster, Gambit, Puck and SPider WOman__ DC: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Deathstroke, Catman, Plasdtic Man and Martian Manhunter (no fly, mainly shapshifting)

#24 Posted by ChaosBlazer (3930 posts) - - Show Bio

@big_blue_cheese said:

Azazel

Black Panther

Plastic Man

Mister fantastic

Hercules

Hawkeye

interesting lineup!

@tomdickharry1984 said:

Marvel team: Flatman, Thing, Taskmaster, Gambit, Puck and SPider WOman__ DC: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Deathstroke, Catman, Plasdtic Man and Martian Manhunter (no fly, mainly shapshifting)

Not allowed. Pick another character. Just because you say he cannot use some of his powers means he fits into the rules somehow, you'll need to replace him. Otherwise, nice teams!

#25 Posted by Regas13 (181 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlueLantern1995: tim drake is not near as aglie as dick grayson

#26 Posted by Mad8Baller (494 posts) - - Show Bio

Damn.  No molecular manipulation.  I would've picked Iceman and made him go Absolute Zero.

#27 Posted by nickzambuto (14471 posts) - - Show Bio

Invisible Woman.

#28 Posted by tomdickharry1984 (837 posts) - - Show Bio

@ChaosBlazer Ahh Ill just stick with my Marvel team and KIK YOUR @SS!!! :)

#29 Posted by DedmanWalkin (2813 posts) - - Show Bio

AoA Blink

Spot

Frederick Slade

Cloak

Klaw

Mysterio

#30 Posted by ChaosBlazer (3930 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickzambuto said:

Invisible Woman.

Thats it? I said (in response to a question) that characters cannot use their powers to deflect the balls, so she won't be able to use force fields.