User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Kingjohnrocks

RULES

Morals off, bloodlust on.

You get the chance to have 1 team.

17 characters maximum, 1 minimum.

Your team must last for 43 minutes.

You can use

anyone you can think of except TOAA and Bugs Bunny and any other thing Comicvine bans.

You can use anyone, villian, hero, anti-hero, etc. They can be above any level, just follow what I said above.

3 hours prep.

Original equipment

mild BFR.

Powers:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Telepathy: She is a strong telepath, one of the strongest ones in her universe. She has been known to have projected telepathic shields, communicated with all forms of plant life and life. Once someone accesses her forest their mind is open to her. She can do many things to someone's mind and manipulate it at her will. She is also resistant to other telepathic assaults such as Illusions, etc.

Full control over plant life and life: She has full control of plants and all other life, no matter how far on earth it is, she has control. She can easily manipulate the algae in your body without doing anything, she can order trees to get up and attack people, she can take away the wind from people. However she is much more defensive then offensive, but if someone attacked she would go into Defensive with all her plants.

Soul restoration: She has the abilities to restore someone's soul that has been under a hex/curse/spell.

Healing: She has the ability to heal.

Influence: She can influence things. For example, she has influence over the ocean, Influence over the skies, but other omnipotent and god-like forces prevent her from gaining full control (Neptune, norse and greek gods, etc)

Darkness wards: Her golden wards can ward away evil creatures and dark powers. They are automatically working and automatically powered, and never die out., But a strong being can destroy those wards.

Illusions: She is a master at illusions and can decieve even the strongest minded. Her illusions can easily kill someone also. E.x.: A dragon comes to her, she hits the dragon with an illusion making him believe there's a pool of riches below him, then he dives into it and it's really a pool of acid and he dies instantly. She can also use illusions to confuse.

Slight weather manipulation: She can slightly change weather.

Laser beams: She can shoot green laser beams and eliminate someone's essence and soul instantly by it.

Immortality: She is immortal, but she can be defeated. She is not undefeatable, thus this is not a godmod.

Durability: She can deflect the blows of Zoom, and resist the damage done by Hulk's fist.

Growth Control: She can manipulate the growth of objects/things/material, etc.

Rooted: She is rooted in the world of plants. This powermaking her immune to attempts to displace her in reality, space, or time, being a counter to Reality Warpers and Time Manipulators.

Awareness: She is aware of all plants at once. This allows her to percieve and feel everything around her at once, and allow her to process faster then light speeds or beyond, this can also mean attomseconds. This acts as a defense against speedsters.

I've given you a summary, you may begin.

YoungJustice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By YoungJustice

So..an amped Swamp Thing?

Esquire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Esquire

@Kingjohnrocks: Vision might be able to solo. I don't see anything she can do to him while he's intangible since he's inorganic. Upon initial perusal, the only way I see him losing is if BFR is actually a win condition, which it doesn't seem to be. (What exactly does "mild BFR" mean?)

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By NeonGameWave
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
Kingjohnrocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Kingjohnrocks

@YoungJustice said:

So..an amped Swamp Thing?

Actually no, I had nothing in relation to swamp thing.

Kingjohnrocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Kingjohnrocks

@Esquire said:

@Kingjohnrocks: Vision might be able to solo. I don't see anything she can do to him while he's intangible since he's inorganic. Upon initial perusal, the only way I see him losing is if BFR is actually a win condition, which it doesn't seem to be. (What exactly does "mild BFR" mean?)

Mild BFR means half of the battlefield can be removed, but this is her grove so...

Also, what can Vision do to the mother tree?

Esquire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Esquire

@Kingjohnrocks

Gotcha. Vision's Heat Vision should be able to roast half the grove, then, ideally weakening her powers.

He can try phasing his hand into her, and he has mild superstrength and good heat vision. But with her durability and healing, he can probably do nothing permanent. He should have no trouble surviving for 43 minutes, though, which is what he has to do in order to win.

@Kingjohnrocks said:

RULES

Kingjohnrocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Kingjohnrocks

@Esquire said:

@Kingjohnrocks

Gotcha. Vision's Heat Vision should be able to roast half the grove, then, ideally weakening her powers.

He can try phasing his hand into her, and he has mild superstrength and good heat vision. But with her durability and healing, he can probably do nothing permanent. He should have no trouble surviving for 43 minutes, though, which is what he has to do in order to win.

@Kingjohnrocks said:

RULES

Her powers do not come from the grove, she is simply at full power in that aera. Her powers come from life, as long as there is air in the sky she has powers.

Yes...43 minutes is what he can survive, this makes it too easily I may need to change it soon, what do you say?

Esquire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Esquire

@Kingjohnrocks: She's very powerful against organics, since she has so many ways to defeat them with all the things she can manipulate. Vision just exploits a loophole by not being organic, and the things she could use against him, like acid, are negated by intangibility. I don't think it's too easy, though. I would be hard-pressed to beat her without robots.

Rumble Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By Rumble Man
And Lucky Luke
And Lucky Luke
Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By Decoy Elite

Why don't you just say "all the powers I need to win".

There's no skill in winning these little things IMO, it's just pulling out the most overpowered character you can think of, or the character with the most broken power that the rules forget about.

Like, I could just say Coyote from Gunnerkrigg Court.

Bam. I win.

Don't even have to try.

Add some actual challenge to these things, otherwise you're just making slight variations of the same thread over and over and it's pointless.

Kingjohnrocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Kingjohnrocks

@Decoy Elite said:

Why don't you just say "all the powers I need to win".

There's no skill in winning these little things IMO, it's just pulling out the most overpowered character you can think of, or the character with the most broken power that the rules forget about.

Like, I could just say Coyote from Gunnerkrigg Court.

Bam. I win.

Don't even have to try.

Add some actual challenge to these things, otherwise you're just making slight variations of the same thread over and over and it's pointless.

Decoy, Darkseid could probably beat the Mother Tree if he crushed her and pulled her out by her roots. She's not that overpowered. Heck, Lex Luthor or batman with a rotting machine would hurt her.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ab1ccc482197
deactivated-5ab1ccc482197

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All my team has to do is last 43 minutes? Easy stuff.

My team consists of Elminster, Gromph, Martian Manhunter, Mr Fantastic. 17 people? Nah I will just take these four and outlast 43 minutes. Gromph alone could set up enough contingency spells to outlast this time duration.

Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Decoy Elite

@Kingjohnrocks: That's not my point.

My point is that you're not making characters to be beaten, you're making a list of whatever powers you can think of.

It's silly and completely easy to win, what's the point of a "challenge" type thread if it's so easy?

Kingjohnrocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Kingjohnrocks

@Decoy Elite said:

@Kingjohnrocks: That's not my point.

My point is that you're not making characters to be beaten, you're making a list of whatever powers you can think of.

It's silly and completely easy to win, what's the point of a "challenge" type thread if it's so easy?

Actually, I have had the Mother Tree for a few months and gave her these powers in time.

Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Decoy Elite

@Kingjohnrocks: It's a list of powers, that's the point of the thread even if you pretend it's not.

Avatar image for saiyan_earthling
saiyan_earthling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By saiyan_earthling

Jedah Dohma

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By PrinceAragorn1

1.Doctor who, with a little prep.

2.Golden Amazo

3.Z warriors in general

4.Flash, wally west

and so on..

FiMFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By FiMFTW

I can think of others, too, (Mad Jim Jaspers, Michael Demiurgos etc. etc.) but I'm too lazy.

If someone like Galactus came to her, chances are she'd probably fail in stopping him, a full omnipotent would decimate Galactus.

And yet you allow any characters besides TOAA, this thread is stupid.

Kingjohnrocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Kingjohnrocks

@FiMFTW said:

I can think of others, too, (Mad Jim Jaspers, Michael Demiurgos etc. etc.) but I'm too lazy.

If someone like Galactus came to her, chances are she'd probably fail in stopping him, a full omnipotent would decimate Galactus.

And yet you allow any characters besides TOAA, this thread is stupid.

I do not see how Mxy would snap her out of existence. Yes he could try to rot her, but his playing around reality warping wouldn't do any good, if he's serious he could win.

Thank you for insulting my hard work.

Kingjohnrocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Kingjohnrocks

@PrinceAragorn1 said:

2.Golden Amazo

3.Z warriors in general

4.Flash, wally west

and so on..

What is flash going to do? His speed is rendered useless here. ANd what's stopping the Mother Tree from entering in his mind and trying to do mind control?

Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Dredeuced

@Kingjohnrocks said:

@PrinceAragorn1 said:

2.Golden Amazo

3.Z warriors in general

4.Flash, wally west

and so on..

What is flash going to do? His speed is rendered useless here. ANd what's stopping the Mother Tree from entering in his mind and trying to do mind control?

Phase intangible and speed up his thoughts to be unreadable via telepathy. Not sure how your character would do with intangibility. Wally could survive 43 minutes, despite the fact that you gave her the power to percieve speedsters at millisecond intervals (which doesn't make sense, Wally and Zoom work at attosecond speeds), I don't see how she deals with dimensional intangibility and telepathy immunity. He'd obviously not be able to beat her given the stipulation that one of her superpowers is literally "anti-speedster" though.

Despite the fact that Mother Tree's anti speedster power allows her to percieve his movements, you didn't state any such effect on her telepathy or her ability to interact with different dimensions. So she'd see Wally vibrate, but he'd no longer be on the same dimensional frequency and thus be untargettable.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By PrinceAragorn1

@Dredeuced said:

@Kingjohnrocks said:

@PrinceAragorn1 said:

2.Golden Amazo

3.Z warriors in general

4.Flash, wally west

and so on..

Phase intangible and speed up his thoughts to be unreadable via telepathy. Not sure how your character would do with intangibility. Wally could survive 43 minutes, despite the fact that you gave her the power to percieve speedsters at millisecond intervals (which doesn't make sense, Wally and Zoom work at attosecond speeds), I don't see how she deals with dimensional intangibility and telepathy immunity. He'd obviously not be able to beat her given the stipulation that one of her superpowers is literally "anti-speedster" though.

well, he beat me to it..

FiMFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By FiMFTW

@Kingjohnrocks said:

Thank you for insulting my hard work.

Evidently not hard enough.

Kingjohnrocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Kingjohnrocks

@Dredeuced said:

@Kingjohnrocks said:

@PrinceAragorn1 said:

2.Golden Amazo

3.Z warriors in general

4.Flash, wally west

and so on..

Despite the fact that Mother Tree's anti speedster power allows her to percieve his movements, you didn't state any such effect on her telepathy or her ability to interact with different dimensions. So she'd see Wally vibrate, but he'd no longer be on the same dimensional frequency and thus be untargettable.

Well, yes. They could last for 43 minutes and possibly raze half of her grove.

CaptainDoeo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By CaptainDoeo

Classic Doctor Strange, Doctor Who, Wally West, Pre-Retcon Molecule Man, Anti-Monitor, Martian Manhunter, Franklin Richard, Saint of Killers, Nova Prime, Shuma-Gorath, Fully feed Galactus, Living Tribunal, Man Of Miracles, Spawn, Zarthos, Clint Eastwood, and Storm. Any of my team solos.

Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Dredeuced

@Kingjohnrocks said:

@Dredeuced said:

@Kingjohnrocks said:

@PrinceAragorn1 said:

2.Golden Amazo

3.Z warriors in general

4.Flash, wally west

and so on..

Excellent, always nice to see Wally succeed! :D

DesolateAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By DesolateAngel

Judging by the second picture..

I choose flint and steel.. should take about 43 minutes to burn that down.

ah minecrack, my adversary. my liage, my love.

Kingjohnrocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Kingjohnrocks

@CaptainDoeo said:

Classic Doctor Strange, Doctor Who, Wally West, Pre-Retcon Molecule Man, Anti-Monitor, Martian Manhunter, Franklin Richard, Saint of Killers, Nova Prime, Shuma-Gorath, Fully feed Galactus, Living Tribunal, Man Of Miracles, Spawn, Zarthos, Clint Eastwood, and Storm. Any of my team solos.

Martian Manhunter does not solo. Say he turns into a giant plant eating worm, she would attempt to consume him with the air around him, or send a laser blast at him. I don't think illusions would work due to his strong telepathy, and his telepathy is useless here due to the Mother Tree being very strong minded. But, she couldn't get past his mental defenses either.

Most likely Doctor Who would try to travel time to get her, but she has a counter for that.

I can agree Doctor Strange would solo. I believe even LT is angry at him, that is something the Mother Tree could never achieve.

Saint of Killers would theoretically solo, but unless he has a rotting bullet he isn't doing anything. Yes I know he overthrew god, but I do not see what a bullet is going to do to the Mother Tree. Unless it's a bullet that makes her rot. If not, then it does nothing.

Galactus would crush her.

LT would solo.

Clint Eastwood would get consumed before he can even move an old bone.

So yes yo have tons of people on your team who could Solo.

Kingjohnrocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Kingjohnrocks

@DesolateAngel said:

Judging by the second picture..

I choose flint and steel.. should take about 43 minutes to burn that down.

ah minecrack, my adversary. my liage, my love.

She's resistant to flames.

DesolateAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By DesolateAngel

was a joke, if i wanted to take this as a serious fight it would be the Illuminati with the Infinity Gems.

CaptainDoeo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By CaptainDoeo

I was talking about Martian Manhunter going intagible, but okay. Doctor Who, the more I think about it, the more I can agree he couldn't solo. I'm glad we agree on the rest. Besides the Clint Eastwood thing. Dude, he just gives the tree a glare and it explodes. The man's damn name is Eastwood. Not losewood. He'll take care of that chunk of nature with ease.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By PrinceAragorn1

@Dredeuced said:

@Kingjohnrocks said:

@Dredeuced said:

@Kingjohnrocks said:

@PrinceAragorn1 said:

2.Golden Amazo

3.Z warriors in general

4.Flash, wally west

and so on..

Excellent, always nice to see Wally succeed! :D

No Caption Provided
Kingjohnrocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Kingjohnrocks

Bump.

Kingjohnrocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Kingjohnrocks

@NeonGameWave said:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

What can they do to her?

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By NeonGameWave

@Kingjohnrocks: Goku can use IT, Saint Seiya and Asura alone are solar system - galaxy busters, their attacks should harm her.

Kingjohnrocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Kingjohnrocks

@NeonGameWave said:

@Kingjohnrocks: Goku can use IT, Saint Seiya and Asura alone are solar system - galaxy busters, their attacks should harm her.

IT the creature? The mother Tree could vaporize him with a laser beam.

As for the galaxy busters, they would win.

18hunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By 18hunt

Trigon, Surtur, Dormammu, Kid Buu, Janemba, Ultron, Thanos, Darkseiod, Ash Ketchum, Pikachu (solos), Superman/boy Prime

Kingjohnrocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Kingjohnrocks

@18hunt said:

Trigon, Surtur, Dormammu, Kid Buu, Janemba, Ultron, Thanos, Darkseiod, Ash Ketchum, Pikachu (solos), Superman/boy Prime

Darkseid is a wild card. The question is, CAN she get past her darkness wards? And once he does, can he resist her Laser Beams?

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By PrinceAragorn1

@NeonGameWave said:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

overkill, mate. It's "beat my character", not "stomp my character" lol

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#41  Edited By ShootingNova

@Kingjohnrocks: Did this get based on Gaia/Gaea/Terra?

Kingjohnrocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Kingjohnrocks

@ShootingNova said:

@Kingjohnrocks: Did this get based on Gaia/Gaea/Terra?

Not at all, don't even know who that is.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#43  Edited By ShootingNova

The Living Tribunal stomps.

DireDrill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By DireDrill

Captain Cold stomps here.

Kingjohnrocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Kingjohnrocks

@DireDrill said:

Captain Cold stomps here.

He doesn't even come close to stomping. The moment he spits frost at her she uses time control to reverse it back to him, then she telepathically mind (you know what goes here) him, and then tossess his body to the plants.

Kingjohnrocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Kingjohnrocks

@ShootingNova said:

The Living Tribunal stomps.

Depends, I can see him soloing but can he do anything to her time control?

DireDrill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By DireDrill

He isn't a speedster but he is the fastest gun in comics, he gets his attack off and kills her instantly.

Kingjohnrocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Kingjohnrocks

@DireDrill said:

He isn't a speedster but he is the fastest gun in comics, he gets his attack off and kills her instantly.

Can't KILL her, she;s immortal.

Fastest gun or not, she can deflect speed attacks, thus there's no reason this attack would succeed.

DireDrill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By DireDrill

His Cold Guns shoot Absolute Zero blasts which is essentially End of the Universe blasts. If she is no match for Galactus he is one of the few people stated to be able to survive Absolute Zero. As you did not state that she could survive the end of the universe, she dies to this attack.

Go reread your own rules, it states speedsters. Captain Cold is not a speedster so he would be immune to such detection. Cold's Cold Gun does not count as a speed attack either as it is in fact the exact opposite. Also, it says she can only deflect part of the damage and his gun shoots infinite cold, part of infinity is still infinity.

Cold stomps her into the ground.

Pied Piper also stomps her into the ground.

Kingjohnrocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Kingjohnrocks

@DireDrill said:

His Cold Guns shoot Absolute Zero blasts which is essentially End of the Universe blasts. If she is no match for Galactus he is one of the few people stated to be able to survive Absolute Zero. As you did not state that she could survive the end of the universe, she dies to this attack.

Go reread your own rules, it states speedsters. Captain Cold is not a speedster so he would be immune to such detection. Cold's Cold Gun does not count as a speed attack either as it is in fact the exact opposite. Also, it says she can only deflect part of the damage and his gun shoots infinite cold, part of infinity is still infinity.

Cold stomps her into the ground.

Pied Piper also stomps her into the ground.

But she can manipulate the weather.

They aren't "stomping her into the ground" She's immortal, If they do kill her pshycial body, in 43 minutes she restores it with Soul restoration and goes back to caring for Earth.

So yes, they win but they aren't stomping her into the ground.