Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Ferro Vida

Tonight we dine in Hell!!!

For your incredible victories in the last round, you have been cast down into hell!!! Specifically, the Diablo 2 version of it viewable in this video. Assume that the size of the arena is double the actual size. Arena begins at around the 1:30 point in the video.

Since there are no roofs in Diablo assume that the there are none here either. You may BFR your enemy into the flames of hell but in doing so, you forfeit your 5 point victory bonus.

As the arena is oddly enough designed as a cross, the first name listed starts on the east side and the last name starts on the west side. There are 2 altars located nearby each person's start location.  

This round has some temporary bonus points available at a cost. All Temporary Bonus Points may be used only for this round and dissipate immediately after it ends.

In the video, the character activates multiple altars and releases demons.

The first altar on both sides grants you 10 temporary bonus points upon defeating:

The Fearmonger (Fearmonger is immune to Fear Gas Grenades and Pheromones due to not having to breathe.)

Pheromone Manipulation - 40 (Daken, cannot make someone kill themselves)
Invisibility - 20 (Invisible Woman, may only effect yourself)
Fear Gas Grenades (6) - 15 (Scarecrow)
Illusion Cube - 5 (Giant Snake)
Illusion Cube - 5 (Giant Spider)
Illusion Cube - 5 (Murder of Crows)
Dual Knives - 5 (Switch Blades)
Poison Coating - 5 (Dual Switch Blades)

The second altar on both sides grants you an additional 15 temporary bonus points upon defeating:

The Butcher

Albert Wesker - 50 (Speed Bursts, Super Strength, Healing Factor)
Inordosity - 10 (Agent Zero, lack of scent for those who don't know)
Weapon Mastery - 10 (Giant Meat Cleavers)
Sword - 5 (Giant Meat Cleaver)
Sword - 5 (Giant Meat Cleaver)
Vibranium Melee Upgrade - 10 (Giant Meat Cleaver)
Prometheum Melee Upgrade - 10 (Giant Meat Cleaver)

The middle altar grants you an additional 20 temporary bonus points upon defeating:

The Angel of Pain

Agent Zero - 50 (Slight Healing Factor, Inordosity, Corrosive Touch, Energy Absorption)
Techno-Organic Wings - 30 (Archangel)
Vibranium Melee Upgrade - 10 (Techno-Organic Wings)
Weapons Mastery - 10 (Techno-Organic Wings)

Creatures summoned from the altars will mercilessly go after whoever activated it, even taking aid from your opponent, so activate at your own risk. For those of you who don't have calculators, there are 45 points on the board for the taking.

The Matches!

Darth Metal \../, (Matezoide)

Danger Sense - 15 (Ricochet)
Superhuman Agility - 15 (Toad)
Spirit Gun (3 Shots) - 20 (Yusuke Urameshi)
Chainsaw Prosthetic Hand - 20 (Madworld Jack)
Vibranium Suit - 30
Sonic Grenade (1) - 5

vs.

Ferro Vida

Chi Manipulation - 30 (Iron Fist)
Chi Martial Arts - 15 (Iron Fist)
Ebony Blade - 30
Prometheum Mesh Armor - 25 (Deathstroke)   
M4 Colt Commando Assault Rifle W/H red dot sight - 5
dane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By dane

Go team!

*gets out pom-poms*

Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Ferro Vida
@Dane: Which team? xD
dane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By dane

team Ferro.

Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Ferro Vida
@Dane: :D Good choice
dane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By dane
@Ferro Vida: :D Iron Fist/Deathstroke with Ebony Blade ftw.
Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Ferro Vida
@Dane: Sh!t, no wonder everyone was scared of me. I'M scared of me xD
Matezoide2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By Matezoide2
@Ferro Vida: 
i already made the thread :P
Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Ferro Vida
@Matezoide said:
" @Ferro Vida:  i already made the thread :P "
>_< I didn't see it
Matezoide2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Matezoide2
@Ferro Vida said:

" @Matezoide said:

" @Ferro Vida:  i already made the thread :P "

>_< I didn't see it "
it is all right,i will just repost my initial argument and we can start

first,the demons will be invulnerable when they are summoned,so we have to wait  a few seconds until we can actualy inflict damage on then

The Arena
 The Arena

The Fighters

Darth Metal

Ferro Vida

Initial strategy

Right when we begin,i will charge my Spirit Gun,when it is powerfull enough,i will activate Fearmonger's altar
Since i know where he will be,i will activate and then keep my distance from him,focusing on my spider-sense to keep me one step away from him (pheromonies...),when his invulnerability runs out,i shoot a very wide Spirit-Gun,he cant dodge or take it,so he dies and i get 10 points,i will use then getting one more sonic grenade

Then,i activate the second altar,since i know where he will be,i will jump away from this ''Wesker demon'',i just need to survive for 3-4 seconds and i still got a suit that is highly resistant to cuts,i explode a sonic grenade at my hand,stunning the second demon and then i put my chainsaw through his head
now,your probaly thinking ''he is as durable as Wesker,you dumb f*ck!'' but he isnt that durable against cutting/piercing damage:
bullets have entered his skin before (and he heals) and Sheeva Alomar (not even peak human) stucked her knife on Wesker's arm,the chainsaw hand is strong enough to chop trucks effortless,as well as chopping robots,trees,concrete,humans,etc... just put it inside Butcher's head and it is 15 points for dad here 

This time,i will take SMG,master it with weapon's mastery and take another sonic grenade
it should be noted that ,while i wont get perfect aim,i will be extremely skilled with the SMG,so by definition,my aim should be great,as well as enabling me to aim a target and shoot faster than most people (ie,if you get close to me,my aim will be as good as it normaly would....hope it made sense),managing to choice a certain point on my opponent and shooting there (ie,unprotected spots on your armor) and being able to shoot while doing insane jumps and fliping around without problems (ie,moving with my full agility wont be a problem for my shooting accuracy)

Sadly,i cant comment on the actual fight with Ferro Vida,since he will probaly get the bonus,luckly,he cant get a vibranium suit to stop my sonic grenades unless he beats the Angel of Pain,who's distant from us (and is a preety tough son-of-a-b!tch)

I wish you good luck Ferro,and it is good to see we can finaly have a proper debate in a thread like this one :)
Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Ferro Vida
@Matezoide: Quick question: where do we start?

Good luck to you as well, and it will be good to match wits with someone of your skill.
Matezoide2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Matezoide2
@Ferro Vida said:
" @Matezoide: Quick question: where do we start?  Good luck to you as well, and it will be good to match wits with someone of your skill. "
we start at the laterals ,ie left for me and right for you IIRC
the last demon's altar is on the arena's center
same goes for you Ferro,let us have a great match,my friend
Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Ferro Vida
@Matezoide: It's kind of a slanted map, so I'm still not really sure... lol
Matezoide2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Matezoide2
@Ferro Vida said:

" @Matezoide: It's kind of a slanted map, so I'm still not really sure... lol "

My paint skills owns
 My paint skills owns
Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Ferro Vida
@Matezoide said:
" @Ferro Vida said:

" @Matezoide: It's kind of a slanted map, so I'm still not really sure... lol "

My paint skills owns
 My paint skills owns
"
Thanks xD And yes, they do.
Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Ferro Vida
@Matezoide: One more question: Where do Fearmonger and Butcher come from when we summon them?
Matezoide2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Matezoide2
@Ferro Vida said:
" @Matezoide: One more question: Where do Fearmonger and Butcher come from when we summon them? "
they appear about 1-5 feets away from you,immune to damage for about 3 seconds
Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Ferro Vida
@Matezoide said:
" @Ferro Vida said:
" @Matezoide: One more question: Where do Fearmonger and Butcher come from when we summon them? "
they appear about 1-5 feets away from you,immune to damage for about 3 seconds "
I need to clarify my question: Where are their altars?
Matezoide2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Matezoide2
@Ferro Vida said:
" @Matezoide said:
" @Ferro Vida said:
they appear about 1-5 feets away from you,immune to damage for about 3 seconds "
I need to clarify my question: Where are their altars? "
at your starting point,right when the match starts you should see their altars
Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Ferro Vida
@Matezoide said:
" @Ferro Vida said:
" @Matezoide said:
" @Ferro Vida said:
at your starting point,right when the match starts you should see their altars "
I thought so. If the Butcher is right next to me how do you plan on getting there without me attacking you?
Matezoide2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Matezoide2
@Ferro Vida said:

" @Matezoide said:

" @Ferro Vida said:
" @Matezoide said:
" @Ferro Vida said:
at your starting point,right when the match starts you should see their altars "
I thought so. If the Butcher is right next to me how do you plan on getting there without me attacking you? "
there are two altas for each demon,theres a Butcher and a Fearmonger's altars at my location as well and two Angel of Pain altars on the middle (but you cant activate both Angel of Pain's altars)
Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Ferro Vida
@Matezoide: Really? I must have missed that part. Alright, that explains that.
Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Ferro Vida
@Matezoide: First of all, I love your choice of pictures.

Now, many people will probably take advantage of the chance to get more points in order to get an edge in combat; this is not so for me. I feel that I am properly equipped to handle my enemy already, and that going against these demons would only waste my time and energy.

When the fight begins I'll start by moving towards you as quickly as I can. I really think that you will not be able kill Fearmonger that quickly, especially considering that while he does have a few moments of invulnerability, I was under the impression that he can still attack you, meaning you'll need to defend yourself while charging your shot. I'll be moving in as you are dueling the demon, and as soon as I'm in range I'll draw my assault rifle and open fire on you with a barrage of chi-charged bullets aimed for your head (your head is unprotected while your body is armored, so I'll initially aim there). I don't believe said bullets will put you down thanks to your danger sense, but it will give me some insight into your abilities (your senses and agility), and it will also cause you to be attacked on a second front while fighting Fearmonger.

While firing I'll move in close enough that I will be able to engage you once you do take down the first demon without getting close enough to be overly affected by your weapons.
Matezoide2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Matezoide2
@Ferro Vida said:

" @Matezoide: First of all, I love your choice of pictures

thanks

@Ferro Vida

said:

Now, many people will probably take advantage of the chance to get more points in order to get an edge in combat; this is not so for me. I feel that I am properly equipped to handle my enemy already, and that going against these demons would only waste my time and energy

maybe,lets see how this ends

@Ferro Vida

said:

I really think that you will not be able kill Fearmonger that quickly, especially considering that while he does have a few moments of invulnerability, I was under the impression that he can still attack you, meaning you'll need to defend yourself while charging your shot

Not at all, Fear Monger is just a big guy with machete skills,he cant really evade any of my attacks if i attack properly

@Ferro Vida

said:

and as soon as I'm in range I'll draw my assault rifle and open fire on you with a barrage of chi-charged bullets aimed for your head (your head is unprotected while your body is armored, so I'll initially aim there). I don't believe said bullets will put you down thanks to your danger sense, but it will give me some insight into your abilities (your senses and agility), and it will also cause you to be attacked on a second front while fighting Fearmonger

i am using a Vibranium suit,similar to Black Panther's,my whole body is protected (otherwise NoL would have one-shotted me earlier)
I can see where your going,but you can also end up shooting Fearmonger/Butcher instead of me,your aim/skills with a gun arent that good,besides theres a fairily long distance betwen us (see video) ,you would have to rush in order to get there so fast and i doubt you would be so reckless (or that you would arrive in less than 6-7 seconds,you arent as fast as Iron Fist just because you also use Chi)

@Ferro Vida

said:

While firing I'll move in close enough that I will be able to engage you once you do take down the first demon without getting close enough to be overly affected by your weapons. "

i dont believe you can get there so fast,specialy when i can essentialy one-shot Fearmonger,Butcher would take longer and even if he is still alive by the time you get there,i will use him as cover by positioning myself in a way he will be betwen us (wont be hard with my agility and spider-sense,i just have to stay a fair distance away from him) ,if you shoot him (even accidentaly) ,he will ignore me and go for you, sure you would chop off his head eventualy,but i would get the points because i called him
also,i could throw a sonic grenade while your attacking me,you wouldnt expect this and you wont be able to move 5-7 meters away to evade it so fast,essentialy stunning you (and with luck,Butcher),giving me time to take care of him as you recover (about 7-10 seconds,according to Dedman)
Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Ferro Vida
@Matezoide: 1) I think you may have misunderstood what I said. In those few seconds when you can't do anything to him he can attack you. This means that you will need to defend yourself for that time while holding that shot in. He doesn't need to evade your attacks in that time because he cannot be hurt.

2) If that is the case then shouldn't my Prometheum armor protect my face too (a la Deathstroke)? I recall earlier you insinuated that you would aim for my head. I never expected the bullets to take you down, bu the sound of bullets being fired has a psychological affect on humans. The natural reaction is to duck. It doesn't have to affect you physically to throw you off mentally. Also, my Chi enhanced speed will let me close the distance faster then normal people (I'm also normally a skilled runner). You are right that I would be silly to try and hit you while running (I'm a pretty good shot normally, but not that good), which is why once I got closer I would stop moving to be more accurate and avoid hitting Fearmonger. All I'm trying to do is mess with your head at this point.

3) Read point one for why I think you won't be able to take out Fearmonger that easily. Butcher would be stunned, but not for long, and you would need to be pretty darn close to use him as cover. I could just wait until he gets his bearings again, making you think I'm going to fire on you by keeping my sight trained on you to decrease the likelihood of you realizing this.

In the even that he did come after me, I could simply cut his legs out from under him. That would leave him alive, but incapacitated, keeping you from getting the points.
Matezoide2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Matezoide2
@Ferro Vida: 

1) yeah,but it is only for like 3 seconds,considering i would one-shot him,the moment he loses this ''power up'',he is preety much done for,all i have to do i jump away from him

2) regarding the suits/armors,ask Dedman

3) I dont believe it is that easy to ''mess with my head'',i just have to shoot a Spirit Gun at Fearmonger and he is done for,point and shoot,nothing so hard,i will just need to jump around to not get shot,i do know you will get there faster,but not that fast,i dont recall IF having so much running speed

4) if you stand still,wouldnt this make you an easier target for a well thrown Sonic Grenade? you would have to move 5-7 meters in a few seconds to not get stunned by it

5) not at all,i just have to put him betwen us,you arent so precise to the point of shooting just me

6) I dont think Wesker can survive this,he never suffered as much damage as getting his legs chopped off

7) Assuming Wesker does survive,i dont these extra points to win (IMO),i can still stun you with sonic grenades (sorry for overusing this :P) and a good shot from the spirit gun will be devasting

here's what i mean with ''you might shoot him'' (warning,badly made paint dots and text)

Matezoide2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Matezoide2
@Ferro Vida: 
now...huh...i have a little trouble with nervosism sometimes....can you give some incentive words?
DedmanWalkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#28  Edited By DedmanWalkin

Deathstroke's mask isn't made of the same stuff that his armor is made of, it is likely Kevlar but not prometheum. I am cool with throwing in the Kevlar mask for free. 

The demons can move and attack while invulnerable. Pheromones and fear gas take less than a second to take effect.

Also, assume that your base character stats are that of a standard military boot camp graduate as I don't want someone coming in and saying they are an Olympic-level athlete.

Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Ferro Vida
@Matezoide: 1) We'll have to agree to disagree here. I just can't believe that you would be able to take it out that easily.

2) Fair enough.

3) You can't really say that unless you've been shot at before and know how you will react. It is a fact that has been reported by people who have been in combat before. I'm not questioning whether or not you can potentially take him out. But when he attacks you who is to say that he won't knock your spirit gun away, or that you don't disrupt your aim? IF has physical enhancements, which includes his speed.

4) Well you seem to be under the impression that I'm going to remain standing there, or that you will be able to while you're being attacked by a demon, or that I won't knock said sonic grenade back at you either with a chi-swat or a simple throw. Even if I don't, my armor will absorb the brunt of the blast.

5) You won't know I'm shooting until after I fire, and I don't plan to continuously shoot you when I the chance of hitting the demon goes up.

6) Speculation on your part.

7) I can easily throw back or avoid grenades, use the ebony blade to absorb your energy attack, and chi-swat bullets back at you if you do get your uzi.

I have no idea what is happening in those images. It looks like you're saying I'm a horrible shot.
Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Ferro Vida
@DedmanWalkin said:

" Deathstroke's mask isn't made of the same stuff that his armor is made of, it is likely Kevlar but not prometheum. I am cool with throwing in the Kevlar mask for free.   The demons can move and attack while invulnerable. Pheromones and fear gas take less than a second to take effect.  Also, assume that your base character stats are that of a standard military boot camp graduate as I don't want someone coming in and saying they are an Olympic-level athlete. "

Didn't mean to come off as saying that, lol.

@Matezoide said:
" @Ferro Vida:  now...huh...i have a little trouble with nervosism sometimes....can you give some incentive words? "

You're doing great so far. It seems we're getting bogged down in semantics, though, so lets just assume you do kill Butcher and Fearmonger and go from there, alright?
Matezoide2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Matezoide2
@Ferro Vida said:

@Matezoide said:

" @Ferro Vida:  now...huh...i have a little trouble with nervosism sometimes....can you give some incentive words? "

You're doing great so far. It seems we're getting bogged down in semantics, though, so lets just assume you do kill Butcher and Fearmonger and go from there, alright? "
sure thing,i just got a couple things to say/ask before we continue

@Ferro Vida

said:

Even if I don't, my armor will absorb the brunt of the blast

but your head isnt protected by the same material of your armor,the sonic blast will still hit your ears and ,as a consequence,will affect you
and you arent going to expect then to explode,thus,it's range,as well as the effects might catch you off-guard

Speculation on your part  

and your speculating Wesker would survive

@Ferro Vida

said:

7) I can easily throw back or avoid grenades, use the ebony blade to absorb your energy attack, and chi-swat bullets back at you if you do get your uzi

are you capable of moving 5-7 meters before the grenade explodes? same thing for throwing then back,even if you do,if your still in range,it would have the same effect,plus,i am using a vibranium suit
can you give more info regarding the Ebony Blade's absorbing powers? do you have to downright block the attacks with the sword?
as for chi-swat bullets back,when has Iron Fist done that against a uzi? plus,just because Iron Fist can,it doesnt means you can as well,after all,i doubt you are going to be near as good as Iron Fist is,sure you got these skills,but wouldnt you have to use more 20 points to become a pro? i can see you becoming close to classic Iron Fist (but having a large range of ''things to do with Chi''),but being equal to Current Iron Fist sounds like too much of a strecth to me,besides,i dont believe current IF can downright block a barrage of bullets
Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Ferro Vida
@Matezoide: Excuse me, but how am I not going to expect a grenade to explode? I don't think I would be able to avoid the full blast, just most of it. It also depends on how long you cook the grenade for before throwing it.

I feel that Wesker's healing factor should keep him alive, yes.

The Ebony Blade is capable of absorbing all types of energy as far as I know. When Dane Whitman fought a dragon (actually a Makluan) in Arthurian times, he was able to protect himself from a wall of fire by spinning the blade in front of him to absorb the energy of the fire. Part of IF's martial arts training includes various weapons, and while I may not be a master with a blade I will be more then good enough to replicate this.

If I were to choose to stand around like an idiot while you shot me, then I would not be able to deflect all of the bullets. I wouldn't do that though. Iron Fist's physical abilities are enhanced to the degree that he can easily avoid fully automatic gunfire. If all else fails I would be able to return fire on you, though.

I purchased Iron Fist's power set and skill set, meaning I would be at current Iron Fist's level. The OP didn't state I was buying classic IF's power levels, and to use that as an argument doesn't make sense.

I realize that the sonic grenade can disorient me, but you should realize that IF's chi abilities allows him to recover from such attacks more rapidly, and that my Prometheum armor is capable of taking anti-tank shells at close range; as long as I keep my head covered you won't be able to stop me with your uzi, and you'll have wasted your last sonic grenade. From here I can move in close to engage you physically (with the EB drawn, ready to defend against an energy attack). While you do have superior agility to me and a danger sense, I'm still downright faster then you. Add to this the fact that Iron Fist's Chi-amped blows have been able to rip T'Challa's vibranium armor and that the Ebony Blade is an enchanted weapon that has been stated as being able to cut through any substance and I feel that I should be able to put you down. My first move would be to amputate your chainsaw arm at the wrist, as it can't be covered by your armor, it will cripple you in close range combat, and the loss of blood from the missing appendage will cause you to lose consciousness.
Matezoide2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Matezoide2
@Ferro Vida: 
*sigh*
first,i would like to appologize regarding how good your Chi powers are,i checked your earlier debate with Sherlock and you did use scans with current Iron Fist,Dedmanwalking didnt call you out for that,thus,they are valid 

second,i am simply out-matched here,although i do feel Sonic Grenades could affect your characther,they simply wont be enough to give my characther the edge he needs to win,i dont have any relevant arguments without having to resort to fanboysm,nor do i want to waste our time,because of this,i honorably give up
congrats Ferro,and good luck :)
Power NeXus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#34  Edited By Power NeXus

Good match, guys :)
Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Ferro Vida
@Matezoide: It's no problem, and you performed admirably :) There was more then one point where I didn't think I would win if we went to votes.
Matezoide2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Matezoide2
@Ferro Vida said:
" @Matezoide: It's no problem, and you performed admirably :) There was more then one point where I didn't think I would win if we went to votes. "
heh,thanks
i'll get you on the next tournament >_<
Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Ferro Vida
@Matezoide said:
" @Ferro Vida said:
" @Matezoide: It's no problem, and you performed admirably :) There was more then one point where I didn't think I would win if we went to votes. "
heh,thanks i'll get you on the next tournament >_< "
You can try :P
Matezoide2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Matezoide2
@Ferro Vida said:
" @Matezoide said:
" @Ferro Vida said:
heh,thanks i'll get you on the next tournament >_< "
You can try :P "
hey,i did it before

well,kinda,you disapeared during our match......

but i would have won anyway >_<