Dedman's Create-A-Tourney 4: Scenario Edition

Avatar image for sightlessreality
SightlessReality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@kaang_the_watcher: Debatable but lets wait on that since I'm in an argument with beatbox right now.

DedmanWalkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sightlessreality: @beatboks1:

Okay, that concludes your battle. Give me some time to read everything thoroughly and then I'll make a ruling. Now here is how this work, for anything that is too close to call, I will use a random number generator. Depending on whose Number or Fate is closer, they will win. Now since you were both going for the kill one of you will die. You both can exercise your right to have another neutral 3rd party function as judge should you so choose. You both went over your allotment of posts so I'll only consider the 3 posts that were made first.

As an aside, Iron Fist basically controls the entirety of his being allowing him to amp his stats, project his chi (in the form of the Iron Fist), and optimize himself. Bending, in all forms, is simply the projecting of your Chi into your specific element. There is functionally no difference between Iron Fisting and Bending just differences in scale and functionality. The fact that Chi Blockers are an effective counter to Bending is verifiable proof that high skill in chi manipulation will improve your Bending. Even if a ruling is in place, it never hurts to defend all points.

Despite this being a battle between just you 2, @kaang_the_watcher do factor here so it will be taken into account.

@dane: Always nice to see you in action Dane, @jacthripper you are up! You both have 1 more post!

@tex_the_slayer:

Loading Video...

Everyone is going to think you have to pee because you are scared! Anyways, you successfully fill your water bearers and head out ready to rock. As the droids have been concentrating on bring down the earthen walls, they don't notice as you approach and give them old H2Obliteration. You manage to kill 5 of them with the 6th one retreating back behind cover (Really good number choice). You can choose to engage the Droidekas if you like but remember, they have full durability unlike the droids and clones.

Scenario Update

Known Current Alliances

Dane, Kaang, and Beatboks1

Jac and Sightless

Current Positions

Dane, Kaang, and Beatboks1 are currently engaged in a battle with Jacthripper and SightlessReality.

@higorm is in the middle of the rotunda.

Tex is currently engaging Droidekas

@primez0ne has absconded to an unknown location.

6 Clone troopers firing into the room from the hallway from the House Chambers.

1 Battledroid firing into the room from cover in the hallway from the Senate Chambers.

2 Droidekas engaging Tex.

More Reinforcements have arrived! 4 More Clone Troopers and 6 More Super Battledroids will be arriving soon.

Current Battles

Dane has survived 2 attempts on his life and is currently counter attacking Jacthripper.

Beatboks is currently engaged in battle with Seras with aid from Kaang.

SightlessReality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

@dedmanwalkin: cool cool, though JFR sightless actually stated a few times he would not be going for the kill but to incapacitate. Though I may have miss read it (cause that sounds a bit of an out there thing to do)

Tex_The_Slayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@dedmanwalkin:

I'm not familiar with there weaknesses? Or is that just my problem :p.

SightlessReality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Beatbok isn't lying. I'm only going for an incap. I only want Dane & Tex dead.

Tex_The_Slayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SightlessReality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tex_the_slayer: You two looked the weakest of the bunch during the start. & since not much time has passed in rp it wouldn't make much since to change her opinion. Hell, the only reason Seras is fighting Beatbox is cause he was attempting to take out Jac. So don't take it personally.

Tex_The_Slayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SightlessReality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tex_the_slayer: You two didn't do a whole lot at the start of the battle & Seras was watching everything that was happening.

DedmanWalkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sightlessreality:
Thanks for being civil.

@beatboks1: Like I said, I'll read through everything again. I'll likely provide my ruling tomorrow. If it appears as though he wasn't going for the kill, I'll certainly take that into account.

If either of you happen to kick the bucket here, I'll remember to tag you for next round so you may want to think about a new build, though you can keep your same build. Given some of the feedback from this round, some things are likely to change in price.

@tex_the_slayer: I am not here to tell you how to win with your stuff but I can suggest things you might want to do to help out your allies.

beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Given some of the feedback from this round, some things are likely to change in price.

I haven't understated any of the value etc of the things I suggested have I??

I thought I was being pretty up front. I know I tend to do for things a little more obscure.

Avatar image for kaang_the_watcher
Kaang_the_Watcher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@dedmanwalkin: By that, do you mean that after this round we will all go back to the purchasing board and remake our characters?

DedmanWalkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#264  Edited By DedmanWalkin

@kaang_the_watcher: People who die can come back in later rounds under new builds but those who survive do get bonus points that can be used for a variety of things like strengthening their build. In addition, all of their purchases are grandfathered in so they can keep things at the previous price should it change. Winning rounds will make you more powerful for later rounds. Here is look at how Bonus Points will work thus far:

Bonus Points

Survivors of the scenario automatically get 2 Bonus Points. Each Additional Non Fodder Kill will also earn you a Bonus Point.

(4) Hench - You get 1 Hench as an ally. This Hench is built from 30 Character Points. Henches does not grant any bonus points upon death and once killed does not carry on into the next round.

(4) 10 Character Points - You get 10 Character Points to buy anything.

(2) Full Respec - This allows you to essentially remake your character.

(2) Fodder - You get 1 Fodder Unit as an ally. This Fodder unit is built from 15 Character Points. Fodder does not grant any bonus points upon death and once killed does not carry on into the next round.

(2) First 10 Character Points - You get 10 Character Points to buy anything. This can only be bought once.

(2) 5 Character Points - You get 5 Character Points to buy anything.

(1) Partial Respec - This allows you to respecialize up to 30 points of your build.

(1) Guided Training - This gives you 30 days with a trainer of your choice.

(1) First 5 Character Points - You get 5 Character Points to buy anything. This can only be bought once.

@beatboks1: No, it isn't that. In creating potential builds for myself, I discovered various things that may need addressing.

Primez0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@dedmanwalkin: How many points do you get if you kill someone like Fett or Grievous?

SightlessReality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Now it's just the waiting game.

dane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#267  Edited By dane

@dedmanwalkin: I'll wait for a reply from Jac before posting more. If he doesn't reply then I'm happy with the points I've made already.

DedmanWalkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#268  Edited By DedmanWalkin

@beatboks1: @sightlessreality:

Beatboks (and Kaang) Versus Seras

I've read through the debate and it was interesting I am going to break this down into a number of points that I feel were most important. This battle is like a crazy Twilight Battle, if it was possible to end in sex, this battle totally would.

1. Reading the Situation

Now both of your characters have a high level of ability to read a situation. Caerula's skills combined with Radar Sense and Earth Bending Senses give Seras an extreme ability to predict the moves of his foe. Argus Vision and Bruce's martial arts also give Beatboks pretty much the same thing. I don't really think either of you have the edge here. I think that every action taken would have a second action countering that is then countered. I think it would take forever for any actual hits to take place here as you each evade and counter one another. Unfortunately, this battle will require both competitors to give most of their concentration to the battle at hand which gives Beatboks an edge here because @kaang_the_watcher is providing support. I am giving this point Beatboks.

2. Earthbending

Now Beatboks has no Earthbending so this battle is actually between Kaang and Seras. Kaang has Iron Fist's skills while Seras has both Iron Fist and Chi Mastery. Even with both practicing, Seras will be better at it, capable of moving more effectively here than Kaang. This means that Kaang can provide protection but not absolute relying solely on his speed to counter Seras. This will allow Seras to get off attacks on Beatboks without being countered. Beatboks may be able to use the Flight Ring to counter but given that only one of the Legion was able to pull it off, I am having trouble believing that Beatboks could also pull it off. I am giving this point to Seras.

3. Stats

Both of you have impressive stats! Now, Strength and Speed seem to favor Seras but Durability seem to favor Beatboks. Now the real game changer here is the Flight Ring. Its Valorium composition allows him to amp his speed to match Seras removing that as an argument. Anti-Metal Claws also give Beatboks powerful striking abilities bringing their strength into balance. Through his equipment, Beatboks has managed to even the playing field enough to give his durability an advantage. Meanwhile, any strike that does not hit Beatboks' heart with silver will just slow him down not kill him. I am giving this point to Beatboks.

Overall, this battle is definitely a close one but ultimately the intervention by Kaang makes this a 2v1. Had Kaang or Beatboks had weaker builds I would have favored Seras here. @sightlessreality did an apt job in building and defending his character but I think taking on an alliance as powerful as Beatboks, Dane, and Kaang was a mistake. I do commend him for staying in character though. Thanks for providing an interesting beginning to a scenario and I hope you come back after this round is over.

Winner: Beatboks1

Beatboks anti-metal claws slice right through Seras' blade allowing him to strike at his throat. Though the Bleed Artifact takes in the pain and heals Seras, Kaang is able to crush him with stone before it can return him to full.

You and Kaang can decide who gets the Bonus point.

@primez0ne: You get 1 per kill assuming it is a non fodder character. Fett, Grievous, Droidekas, Magna Guards and ARC Troopers are all worth 1 point a piece here. That means 11 points to go around with additional points coming from Player Kills.

Kaang_the_Watcher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@beatboks1 This battle was primarily yours. I only provided support. The bonus point is yours.

beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#270  Edited By beatboks1

: @dedmanwalkin:

Thank you gameskeeper

Having just killed my fist opponent and still being in dingo form and full beastiallity I devour much of my opponent. What can I say, I was hungry and this battle took a lot out of me. I look to my team Mate @kaang_the_watcher and bark a deep bark offering him what I left.

FTR I never meant to infer that I would be anywhere near Dream Girl level in use of the Flight ring. No way could it be a reliable thing to be able to move things with it as she did. There was one instance of I think Timber wolf doing it with much less success. I just meant that the same instinct of throwing your arms out to stop yourself falling would provide some anti gravity to anything coming down on me. You know that reflex of wanting it to stop and the will to survive behind it achieving it.

*note to self first purchase at the end of this round is 30 days training with Dream Girl and the flight ring - which of course was what I was planning to do ever since you mentioned we could get a trainer next round*

beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Having finished my opponent I look around to my Allies. Dane appears to be holding his own quite well. The little hand signal he gives me does not escape my acute sight, I'm needed elsewhere. I continue to scan the area, and I see it. One of our other allies is in the thick of it. He's between a couple of droidekas and some clone troopers. Currently evading attack teams of both. He's doing masterfully I must say. With skill to match my own, his incredible movement reading matching what my sight can do. His enhanced brainpower processing that information at an astounding rate. His above peak level stats. It's a beautiful thing to watch but even his carbonium sherikins aren't gonna get him through that much.

Well the secret of my flight is out now so no need to be cautious. I hit the sky as fast as the quickest one present and I'm on them in seconds. My hand gun drawn I fire an entire clip into the weak points I see in two droidekas armor, followed by some well aimed anti metal daggers. Just as the daggers enter the first I'm there to drive it through with all my adrenaline charged strength. I take the droid aka apart in one swift motion.

As I do the second one comes at me. My ally beautifully throws a couple of clone troopers toward it and the animosity between the two keeps them occupied long enough for both of us to take another kill. And finally We each finish off one more.

@dedmanwalkin I hope that's clear enough which player is another of our allies

SightlessReality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

-Shakes fist in comical fashion- Curse you Kaang!

It's fine, GG Beatbox & Kaang. I can at least say I held my own while not trying to kill.

Kaang_the_Watcher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kaang_the_Watcher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I respectfully decline my teammate's offer to eat the rest of our fallen enemy. And I hope really hard inside that he's won't consider my refusal rude.

LOL

I also notice the droideka fight brewing on the other side of the room. I don't doubt my teammates' abilities to handle the fight themselves, but after being just backup in these 1-on-1 fights, I'm ready to carve something up myself. With one airbending-enhanced leap, I land in the middle of the fray and procede to pummel the nearest droideka with continuous streams of fire, blocking off it's ability to shoot me. Simultaneously, with my other hands, I raise of two walls of stone on either side of it and smash them together into a sandwich.

One down, IDK how many to go. My teammates and I can decide who probably destroyed how many when this is over.

HigorM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#275  Edited By HigorM  Moderator

@dedmanwalkin:

I found myself in the middle of a warzone. Nothing I haven't seen before, but I was not expecting such a dramatic situation that early. No time to philosophize, must concentrate, there is a real and immediate danger in vogue. Despite my senses are alarming me of simultaneous struggles in the vicinity, I must focus on the Droids. I should let the others take care their on business and hit the main goal which is to destroy those threats.

So by sharpening my senses, I use my superhuman hearing combined with the radar to determine the exact location of the Droidekas. I grab some knives and the next second they're glowing, bathed with kinetic energy. I use my superhuman speed and reflexes to quickly move without being hit, as I launch two waves of those knives, first one to drop their shields, and the next to finish the job.

In the midst of this action I sense the approximation of one of the other fighters, who just seem to have finish his fight. By reading his body I realize he's not hear to confront me, but to help me deal with these machines, and that's what we do, in a matter of seconds they are almost all gone for good.

Tex_The_Slayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just took down mostly all the droids. I was about to go finish the one that got away when I notice the Droidekas coming at me. I feel my water bearers once more with the water I had just used on the droids and am ready to begin my assault. Before I know it the man that had made the earth wall earlier is pounding at one with fire(@kaang_the_watcher) and the other has been dropped by the guy who had used his knives' in a expert manner last time(@higorm). I give them a slight wave and I thank them for helping me out.

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dane said:

@jacthripper:

Bad choices.

1) My intention is to kill/ko you, and I have a couple ways of doing that

Cool. I would imagine everyone here has a couple of ways of taking down an enemy. Either way, my Aura Sense tells me what you're going to do before you act (intention-wise).

Can I get some scans of this "Aura Sense" I'm not familiar with it, and even if you know

Here he can sense Invisible Woman's constructs by feeling the disturbance in the air around them. Someone drawing a gun isn't going to escape his notice. Fair Enough, not sure how that applies here though

Basically means you can't get the drop on me. I'd say it's fairly applicable since your intention was a sneak attack.

He also barely dodged it, and considering that Sue is peak human, that's in some ways a low showing.

2) A bullet timer, yes, but Bullseye's aim is a little harder to dodge

Disagree.

Agree to disagree

And just so you don't say something like "there's a big battle going you, you're distracted 5eva" here he is fighting Wolverine and doesn't get surprised by Nightcrawler bamf'ing in behind him. His kung fu is just too strong for that. Then he's all 'get that weak sh#t outta here Colossus'. Danny's cool like that. Fair enough, go ahead and punch me, you may have different results

I might not either, if your gameplan is to stand there soaking damage, feel free. You also have to prove that you're more durable than Colossus. Not that easy to do. Your video says Edward Elric broke his arm by punching Greed and you're that durable, omg. Tell me, what would happen if Edward Elric punched Colossus?

My gameplan is to dodge, but if I get hit by anything other than the Iron Fist, it won't even faze me.

3) With the power of Shao-Lao the Undying, he can stop bullets with his bare hands. This one is from a high-powered rifle, so I doubt a revolver regardless of caliber is going to make a difference.

Fair enough again, though isn't the "Power of Shao Lao", the Iron Fist?

Yes, it is. Which I have.

4) Worse still, Iron Fist can swat them back at you, this time charged with chi for penetration. So unless you have some adamantium armor, it's actually a much bigger risk for you than it is for me. Not quite, I have an Ultimate Shield, it turns the carbon molecules in my skin to the same durability as diamonds (only the skin), and considering you don't have alchemy, you aren't getting through it anytime soon.

I'd argue that chi-enhanced bullets would still penetrate. As I'll show in scans later, Danny's chi can cut some pretty impressive armor to ribbons. But in other news, Emma Frost tried the same bonehead play of tanking damage with diamond skin a few times. Long story short, she got wrecked by people with a lot less power than the characters in this thread. If your skin is like diamonds, then you're forgetting all diamonds have a flaw and some people have weakness detection by powers or skills.

Diamonds have flaws, the Ultimate shield does not, it's a solid shield of superdense carbon molecules, and like I said previously, the Shield only covers the skin, so it wouldn't shatter me, it may break the shell though

No Caption Provided

The Ultimate Shield is strong enough, that when Ed punched it, most of his arm broke and Greed didn't flinch.

Edward Elric isn't my character. He doesn't even have enhanced physicals off memory. I could similarly say that a regular person punching Spider-Man would break his hand and I wouldn't be wrong. Doesn't mean Spider-Man is invincible.

So if you will be punching me, I can tank it, and if I really feel like it, I'll dodge it with Wesker's speed

So you'll tank it or if it's an attack that would damage you (which you can't know until after you've been hit) you'll dodge it? It's like you have a Schrodinger's box that produces two cats and you pick which one you like best after opening the box. Awesome debating. Practically brimming with logic.

I'll dodge if I can, but I can take your hits if necessary. That's logic for you.

Capable of dodging their bullets so fast it looks like he is teleporting. On top of that he easily redirects their attempts at CQC and shows some impressive strength tossing them around, but mostly, when you come to punch me, you'll be hitting empty air, and then I might bust out some of my Batman level martial arts on you, along with my enhanced strength and claws (from the US). So if you don't really like superhuman attacks, you may want to back up.

Yeah, that's awesome. The thing about Resident Evil you have to remember, is that Wesker is only powerful compared to the regular SWAT/Paramilitary soldiers he fights. All of his enemies are below Olympic level physically. So not even peak human and he still seems to struggle to beat them (and dies horribly in a volcano). To put it in context, he's impressive compared to trash, not compared to other high-end characters.

Chris is definitely above Olympian, I would say above peak, considering he tears monsters in half and Ogreman's 100-200 lb heart out of his back. They also are bullet timers, considering Chris moves through chaingun fire without being hit, like someone we know (right, Batman vs Wrath fight)

Loading Video...

What we see in the Resident Evil cutscenes isn't actually what's happening. We see it through Chris and Jill's filter, their perception, and they see in slow motion. So, according to two of the most skilled agents their planet has to offer, Wesker's speed is inhuman. The man blitzes through bullets without effort, standing on one side of the room and appearing on the opposite instantly without even changing stances. He literally outruns explosions, you are a bullet timer, but Wesker has already blitzed those.

On the other side of the coin, I'm not sure why Batman's martial arts are supposed to impress me. They're below Danny's by an order of magnitude at least. Bruce Wayne is an excellent skill choice because of his overall balance and intelligence in addition to fighting skill (that's why Bruce and T'Challa are always expensive in these things, very few character have intelligence and martial skill). But Danny is pure beast. In terms of raw fighting skill there are only a couple of characters that come close (outside Karate Kid and some other nonsensical crap) and even those I'd argue seriously against.

That's highly arguable, I would say that Danny is more skilled, but not by a "magnitude" whatever that is supposed to be

So here are my problems with your argument for Wesker:

1) Dodging bullets at close range is something any comic-book street leveler can do. It's not indicative of a high level of power or speed in the context we're talking. Even Cap moves fast enough to make bullets seem like they're in slow motion. My character is really far above Cap. Like I said, it's impressive compared to a normal human. It's not impressive with the kinds of characters we're using here.

Dodging them while they are already in the air is, IF stopped one because he knew where it was going before it was fired.

2) Moving so fast that regular people can't see them is something Captain America and Wolverine have both done. Constantine Drakon regularly moves too fast for people to see. All of these characters are peak human in speed.

. 'Moves so fast he looks like he teleports' is a relative term. Relative to trash several orders of magnitude below me. Get in the game.

He literally moves faster than the bullet when it's millimeters away, you can't refute that.

Loading Video...

Hell, in this he jumps a good 10 feet across the room, I can avoid your attacks, unless you are hitting faster than bullets consistently and rapidly, and Danny's best feat is moving fast enough to catch a bullet in his hands.

In fact, with my ultimate shield activated, I'll pull something out of my rucksack at superhuman speed and hide it in my trench coat while you're running towards me so you can't see it nor predict it. So the guess is yours, come find out?

To quote Bilbo Baggins "What's in my pocket?"

Since I've debunked the idea that you're faster than me and I've already shown my greatly enhanced senses, I'm not sure where you get the idea that you could do this without me noticing. Either way, I hope it's something pretty great in your pocket and worth tanking a punch that will probably shatter you.

Actually, you haven't debunked that at all, you may catch bullets, but its catching a bullet when you know there is a shooter, and you know where they are aiming, anyone could put their hand out, Danny could just catch it. In my pocket is a frag grenade, I've already pulled the pin, so deal with it how you may

Let's take a look at why Iron Fist can take down someone with the speed/strength of Wesker and enhanced durability:

Danny's weakness detection and exploitation is pretty damn good.

Not as good as Karnaks, which I have, so I'll be able to identify my own and your weakpoints faster.

(the dude destroys a giant that could absorb kinetic energy, it's pretty tight)

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

He also states when fighting the giant, that he wouldn't be able to do much if he didn't have an Achilles tendon, then he blindly swings at what is essentially the size of a barn door,

He took down Iron Man, who I'd argue is many times stronger and at least as durable as your character. Probably faster too in truth. Even Classic Danny was a beast.

Stronger- Yes

More Durable- Not then

Faster- travel yes, combat no

Beat the ass out of this guy named Warhawk (look him up), superhuman physicals and granite-like skin. Sound familiar?

No Caption Provided

I also notice that his fist doesn't go through Warhawk, who has lesser durability, so you won't be doing anything more than blunt damage, which I'm relatively immune to. (Let me explain)

Yes, he struck Holden here hard enough to probably shatter the bones in his jaw, and he didn't feel it.
Yes, he struck Holden here hard enough to probably shatter the bones in his jaw, and he didn't feel it.

I have a Bleed Artifact, which allows me immunity to pain, the ability to transfer the pain I feel, and a healing factor. So when you hit me, I'll be hurt, it might even break my shield, but I won't feel it, and the next time you punch me, you will feel exactly what I would have felt. So your Iron Fist, which is blunt damage against my Ultimate Shield, will do essentially nothing in the long run as I won't feel it, so I can't be KO'ed by it.

So the next time you touch me, you'll feel the pain of your previous strike, and I can touch you.

Punches the face off the Iron Fist killer, if you're unfamiliar with that character then look him up. He was literally made to kill Iron Fists (the name gives it away a bit).

Doesn't seem to be superhumanly durable, especially not diamond hard.

Has fought legitimate speedsters and won. So... *plays foghorn* ...Albert Wesker trump card not so good.

The thing about many speedsters, especially Marvel ones, is that they have relatively little gauge on their actual speed. Also, they tend to be very predictable, because they think they are untouchable, and have no h2h skill unlike my character, who on top of being superhuman in all regards, is also one of the most skilled h2h combatants in fiction.

Had no trouble against Luke Cage (who Daredevil broke his hand punching).

In part because Cage was his best friend, whom he helped train, knew his weakpoints, etc.

And finally, Danny can use his Chi to break through vibranium which is generally considered to be below Adamantium/Carbonadium in durability, but considerably above other earthly materials like compressed carbon/diamond.

I can reform the Ultimate Shield after being struck, if you manage to hit me, Because I'm not like a very tired Black Panther, I can dodge your hits, unless you continually hit faster than bullets. Also, He cracked the armor, but his punches did not go through it, instead the force fractured it. Because of my handy dandy Bleed Artifact, I can

You've also neglected to mention that he is bloodlusted when he kill IFK and is being mind controlled when he wrecks BP, unless your morals are set like this, you won't do that off the bat

I really liked your use of youtube clips though, I've always felt they do a lot for a post. I have one for you here.

I liked your use of scans, very straightforward here's my return video right here

Primez0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dedmanwalkin: Are you going to make a decision about what I pmed you.

dane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#279  Edited By dane

@jacthripper:

Can I get some scans of this "Aura Sense" I'm not familiar with it, and even if you know

He also barely dodged it, and considering that Sue is peak human, that's in some ways a low showing.

Sue Storm? Who fights Galactus, Thanos, etc every other week... What?

Here's Sue Storm busting through a Celestial's Armor. Please don't disrespect her constructs.

The point being he was able to sense an invisible object based on how it affected air currents. Nothing you're saying refutes the demonstration of his senses being greatly enhanced.

Agree to disagree

Here's some sub-par debating and let me break this down for you; there is no agreeing to disagree here. This isn't a thing where we just accept we have differing viewpoints. This is a fight to the death.

Also, when you say agree to disagree, you're completely conceding the point to me. You can't argue the point because you have lost it. Offering a tie is worthless. I already won.

It's like this:

You: Here is my point of view.

Me: Here is why that view is incorrect, backed up with logic and demonstrable evidence that makes your point invalid.

You: Let's call it a draw.

Let's not call it a draw. I won that point. Your aim isn't worth sh#t and you know it.

My gameplan is to dodge, but if I get hit by anything other than the Iron Fist, it won't even faze me.

Your game plan is to make it up as you go and it's failing horribly. This doesn't even make sense. I have Danny's powers and skills. Yes, if anything other than the Iron Fist hits you, you won't be hurt. Because nothing else will hit you because that's the thing I'm attacking you with.

What the hell else am I going to hit you with? A freshly caught salmon from Alaska which I'll just pick up in the 5 feet I have to walk to otherwise punch your face inside out? Yes, I'm hitting you with the Iron Fist. Yes, it's going to hurt.

Diamonds have flaws, the Ultimate shield does not, it's a solid shield of superdense carbon molecules, and like I said previously, the Shield only covers the skin, so it wouldn't shatter me, it may break the shell though

Let's do some chemistry baby.

No Caption Provided

Source: Wikipedia

So if you've got carbon for skin, this graph shows your options. If we're talking pure carbon and it's solid you've got either diamonds or graphite on your face. Diamond is the hardest naturally occurring substance, but still not the hardest in existence and certainly not as hard as comic book mystical/space metals which Danny has shredded in the past. Given the colour I'm inclined to say graphite. If you have some other metals mixed in with that you might have coal. Either way, graphite is the stuff in pencils and if you've ever broken a pencil you can tell for yourself it actually isn't very resistant to stress or pressure. Basically, it breaks real easy. Extra elements and minerals might strengthen it, but if it's predominantly still carbon at best you have coal. Now coal skin isn't going to help you very much either.

So you will be shattered, just whether it's into tiny pieces or you just have your head knocked clean off your shoulders is the question here.

I'll dodge if I can, but I can take your hits if necessary. That's logic for you.

I've already told you why you can't dodge so your only option left is to get punched in the face until you die. Probably on the first go if my scans are anything to judge by.

Chris is definitely above Olympian, I would say above peak, considering he tears monsters in half and Ogreman's 100-200 lb heart out of his back. They also are bullet timers, considering Chris moves through chaingun fire without being hit, like someone we know (right, Batman vs Wrath fight)

I'd have to disagree completely. Here's why: Chris Redfield is a regular soldier who hasn't been enhanced in any way. I can give you scans of virtually any street leveler you want dodging machine gun fire. Is Green Arrow peak? Is Robin? Is Batgirl? Huntress? pick one.

Peak Human is benchpressing 800-1000lbs like Captain America and moving so fast people can't see you (already shown with scans) - show me Chris Redfield doing that.

I'm unfamiliar with the Ogreman feat, despite playing about 8 Resident Evil games myself. So if you want to post that I'll judge from there.

What we see in the Resident Evil cutscenes isn't actually what's happening. We see it through Chris and Jill's filter, their perception, and they see in slow motion. So, according to two of the most skilled agents their planet has to offer, Wesker's speed is inhuman. The man blitzes through bullets without effort, standing on one side of the room and appearing on the opposite instantly without even changing stances. He literally outruns explosions, you are a bullet timer, but Wesker has already blitzed those.

Yeah, I'm not buying that for a second. Chris and Jill can slow down time? get real. The game slows down the same way cameras in hong kong action flicks slow down, for dramatic effect. That video you posted? Dude just did a backflip. Cool and all, but that doesn't make him Peak Human. Doesn't even make him Olympic level.

Let's get another thing straight, Albert Wesker does not outrun bullets. You already posted the videos and people can see for themselves: he is dodging to the side when people shoot at him. The same thing any street leveler could do. He is not outrunning a bullet in a foot race. He's getting out of the way. Give me a video of Wesker outrunning an explosion too btw. Everything I've seen of him so far shows me that he is probably at Captain America level, maybe a bit above (and I love Albert Wesker). He's a great character but he doesn't compare to borderline mid-tier characters like Iron Fist.

That's highly arguable, I would say that Danny is more skilled, but not by a "magnitude" whatever that is supposed to be

And we're having an argument. Saying it's arguable is garbage. Argue the point if you've got one. I have hundreds of Bruce Wayne scans, I know what he can do and I know what Danny can do. I say Daniel Rand is demonstrably better. He's above him if the word magnitude doesn't do anything for you. If you want to refute that claim, go ahead and refute it. If not, accept that you would lose a fist fight (which we're having) and don't bother addressing it again.

Dodging them while they are already in the air is, IF stopped one because he knew where it was going before it was fired.

I'm not sure if you selectively looked at scans but let's just take a look at what we're looking at here. Apart from the fact that a high powered rifle round is going faster than any handgun ever could and that he caught it while the guy was shooting from behind him (whaaaat), here is Danny dodging bullets. If you can look at these scans and say 'he can only dodge one bullet if he knows it's coming' then I don't know what I can add to the conversation. Let's check out Danny dodging stuff:

Hell, in this he jumps a good 10 feet across the room, I can avoid your attacks, unless you are hitting faster than bullets consistently and rapidly, and Danny's best feat is moving fast enough to catch a bullet in his hands.

That really isn't his best speed feat. If the scans above aren't enough, let me know. I have more of Danny speed blitzing people.

Also, as I showed earlier, everything you're showing Wesker doing is stuff that Captain America and Wolverine do all the time. Both are peak human. Deal with it.

Actually, you haven't debunked that at all, you may catch bullets, but its catching a bullet when you know there is a shooter, and you know where they are aiming, anyone could put their hand out, Danny could just catch it. In my pocket is a frag grenade, I've already pulled the pin, so deal with it how you may

See the post about bullet dodging as far as dodging your revolver shots go (can't believe you're still arguing that).

As far as the grenade goes, as it so happens one of Danny's specialties is energy absorption. He has survived much greater explosions at point blank range. If you're going to explode a grenade in your hand, let 'er rip bub because I know which one of us will come off worse. Do you even have body armor? Good luck with the Bleed Artifact putting you back together when you're a pair of smoking shoes.

He's some scans of Danny in action against explosions:

Now to address a point that will likely come up since I've posted the infamous 'train punch': It's arguable as to whether or not Danny was "upgraded" in Matt Fraction's run in a way that does not apply in this thread. In fact, I think there is considerable logical evidence suggesting anything in Fraction's run would be permissible in this thread. However, that's completely irrelevant since the fact remains that if I have even a fraction of that power, a grenade is going to be completely meaningless to me. Additionally, all of the other Classic Iron Fist scans suggest Danny has never had difficulty surviving explosions. Nitro, the character in the 2nd and 3rd scans was able to destroy a building with his powers. Danny is practically unscathed following a point blank explosion. Frag grenades are not a trump card, they're more harm than good to you here.

Not as good as Karnaks, which I have, so I'll be able to identify my own and your weakpoints faster.

Admittedly, Karnak's weakpoint detection power is greater than Danny's, if only by a bit. Unfortunately, that's worthless in this fight. Danny has the same pressure points and joints as any other human being. Even real world martial artists have extensive knowledge of and practice in exploiting these weak points. Someone like Bruce Wayne or Danny Rand? effortless in their execution of pressure point strikes. There is no benefit to having this power when you already have Bruce's h2h skill and you're fighting a person. It's worthless.

He also states when fighting the giant, that he wouldn't be able to do much if he didn't have an Achilles tendon, then he blindly swings at what is essentially the size of a barn door,

I'm not sure if you read the scan or just didn't understand what was going on. He was overloading the giant with chi energy so that it would grow to an incredible point, then he used it's size and mass against it by severing it's leg. He's exploiting the creature's weakness to bring it down. Not sure if you can read that some other way. At any rate he cuts a giant's leg in half with the flat side of his hand using chi manipulation. It's moderately impressive.

Stronger- Yes

More Durable- Not then

Faster- travel yes, combat no

Good luck proving that you're more durable and faster than Iron Man. Even I wouldn't go in for that argument.

I also notice that his fist doesn't go through Warhawk, who has lesser durability, so you won't be doing anything more than blunt damage, which I'm relatively immune to. (Let me explain)

I'd rather like to see you prove that you're more durable than Warhawk.

I have a Bleed Artifact, which allows me immunity to pain, the ability to transfer the pain I feel, and a healing factor. So when you hit me, I'll be hurt, it might even break my shield, but I won't feel it, and the next time you punch me, you will feel exactly what I would have felt. So your Iron Fist, which is blunt damage against my Ultimate Shield, will do essentially nothing in the long run as I won't feel it, so I can't be KO'ed by it.

So the next time you touch me, you'll feel the pain of your previous strike, and I can touch you.

Already proved your 'Ultimate Shield' isn't worth much. When you fail to argue adequately for it at the start of the post, then pretend it's a foregone conclusion at the end it seems a bit off to me.

Second point, and here's the big kicker: I also have a Bleed Artifact. So you can't transfer your pain to me. I can't feel it either. For you though: Even if you can't feel the pain from it, me punching your brain out the back of your head is still going to kill you. If you check out the scans with Holden Carver: It doesn't prevent him from getting hurt. His face is still smashed up. It won't stop what's coming.

Doesn't seem to be superhumanly durable, especially not diamond hard.

Actually the Iron Fist Killer was strong and durable enough to make Luke Cage and other Immortal Weapons look like children. I'll cook up some scans if you doubt it.

The thing about many speedsters, especially Marvel ones, is that they have relatively little gauge on their actual speed. Also, they tend to be very predictable, because they think they are untouchable, and have no h2h skill unlike my character, who on top of being superhuman in all regards, is also one of the most skilled h2h combatants in fiction.

Difficult point to prove since it's from a 20 year old book. Either way the character moved like a blur and Danny had no trouble hitting him. Also, please prove your points because you present them as fact, it's a bit weak to just reiterate a statement you can't prove.

In part because Cage was his best friend, whom he helped train, knew his weakpoints, etc.

Yeah, so I don't see him hitting any weak points, he's just smacking him in the face really hard. Speaking of points, you missed mine. The point was Danny can hurt highly durable characters like Luke Cage without any difficulty.

I can reform the Ultimate Shield after being struck, if you manage to hit me, Because I'm not like a very tired Black Panther, I can dodge your hits, unless you continually hit faster than bullets. Also, He cracked the armor, but his punches did not go through it, instead the force fractured it. Because of my handy dandy Bleed Artifact, I can

Not sure on the point being made here, you have half a sentence at the end. But either way, I've already shown Danny taking down superhumanly durable characters like Luke Cage, Colossus, etc. Singling out the Black Panther fight and failing to address the others doesn't give you a strong position. It looks like most of your arguments do, you're trying to pick and choose what you accept and what you don't. The people reading the debate and Dedman especially won't fail to notice that I've given evidence or made a point just because you ignore it later and make arguments as if it never happened.

Here's some more scans of Danny up against durable opponents in case there is still some question as to whether or not I can hurt you:

Knocks out Hercules with one punch:

No Caption Provided

Takes down the Wrecking Crew (breaks Wrecker's Wrecking Ball with a punch, which has stood up to Mjolnir iirc):

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Stops a truck flat:

No Caption Provided

Pimp smacks The Thing:

No Caption Provided

Shatters The Scorpion's Tail:

No Caption Provided

You've also neglected to mention that he is bloodlusted when he kill IFK and is being mind controlled when he wrecks BP, unless your morals are set like this, you won't do that off the bat

'Bloodlusted' implies I have an artificially altered set of morals outside my established moral code. It works with established characters. These Create-A-Heroes mean I personally get the powers. Who knows how mad I'll get when someone tries to shoot me in the back of the head? I've never been shot at before. Might be a whole new experience for me. No way of telling how a man might react to live combat or his life in very real danger. Could get the adrenaline pumping. Might make me want to put you down hard and fast. I'd say it's actually reasonably likely that I would react that way. But at the same time, again you're ignoring all the other victories of his I showed and isolating one or two where his morals where stretched to their limit. It's not particularly worthwhile because Danny was never afraid of hurting a bad guy and I'm not even Danny.

I liked your use of scans, very straightforward here's my return video right here

Enjoy the tunes.

DedmanWalkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kaang_the_watcher: @higorm: @tex_the_slayer: @beatboks1:

Finally some progress made towards killing the actual foes!

Scenario Update

Known Current Alliances

Dane, Kaang, and Beatboks1 and Tex?

Jac and Sightless

Current Positions

Dane is currently engaged in a battle with Jacthripper.

Tex, Higorm, Beatboks, and Kaang are currently engaging Droidekas.

@primez0ne has absconded to an unknown location.

7 Clone troopers firing into the room from the hallway from the House Chambers.

7 Battledroid firing into the room from cover in the hallway from the Senate Chambers.

2 Droidekas engaging Tex, Higorm, Beatboks and Kaang.

Current Battles

Dane has survived 2 attempts on his life and is currently counter attacking Jacthripper. I'll rule on this when I have read through it. Probably tomorrow if not tonight.

Actions

The full court press from your team has put the Droidekas on the defensive.

Beatboks bullets do absolutely nothing as they bounce off the shields and his fast moving Anti-Metal Blades also fail to pierce the shield.

Higorm's energized blades damage the shield but don't manage to take it down.

Tex's Waterbearers also glance off the shields.

Kaang's fire manages to bamboozle the Droideka long enough for the slow moving of the stone bypass the shield entirely allowing the sheer weight of stone to crush it. Bonus Point to Kaang!

HigorM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#281  Edited By HigorM  Moderator
DedmanWalkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@higorm: Just one thus far. All of you were using the wrong types of attacks to kill them.

HigorM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#283 HigorM  Moderator
Primez0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dedmanwalkin: I will just start posting for this battle in the main thread so you have a easier time seeing my responses

Grievous easily notes your approach and when you fire he deftly deflects your energy blast with a lightsabre and leaps towards you drawing 2 additional lightsabres. They bounce off your shielding but Magnaguards leap into action blocking you in.

Before I do a battle post can I ask if Grievous seeing me is a debatable point or a deus ex machina? Because if it is debatable I need evidence that Grievous can detect someone with Elektra's skill at stealth.

dane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@primez0ne: You're going to fight Grievous solo? ouch.

Primez0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dane: To be honest I am trying not to fight and instead killing him with a sneak attack. If that doesn't work I will perform a tactical retreat.

dane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Primez0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dane: Thanks I will need it.

dane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@primez0ne: Are you sure you wouldn't be better off joining your power to the rest of ours and acting in league with one another? Grievous is not joke.

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dane: Do I still have one more post, or are we done?

Even so, I'm kinda grasping at straws at this point so I probably am just going to let you kill me. It's kind of hard to debate when you don't think you can win yourself.

Primez0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dane said:

@primez0ne: Are you sure you wouldn't be better off joining your power to the rest of ours and acting in league with one another? Grievous is not joke.

I was seeing if I could get a sneak attack off on him so I can get a easy win. I know my character would probably lose in close combat but I should easily be able to escape this scenario if the sneak attack doesn't work. I had some thoughts about teaming up and may do so since you guys would be the only ones able to help me.

Kaang_the_Watcher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was under the impression that there would only be one or two droidekas left by the time I got there, but I suppose not.

So now, mixing together my spider-speed, air-enhanced speed/agility, and kung fu skills, I dance around the droidekas absolutely untouchable and start using the same technique again and again. I form rock pillars and walls strategically around them. Then when one of them is in a good position, I stop moving around long enough to crush that one between two walls, while blocking fire with my own fire.

This process will likely take a minute or so, so the number of droidekas I destroy depends on whether or not any of my allies change their strategies and successfully destroy some themselves.

dane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#293  Edited By dane

@jacthripper: I don't know. I suppose it's up to Dedman. Not sure why you guys went all Hunger Games on us so early.

SightlessReality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dane: Bad planning. Although I wonder how things would have played out had I taken out (for the time being) Kaang & beatboks.

dane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#295  Edited By dane
SightlessReality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dane: From the looks of things, I almost did based on Dedmans assessment of the battle. Had it been 1 on 1 I'm sure I would have taken either down.

Kaang would have been more difficult though.

dane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sightlessreality: Well, that's your take on things. Saying 'I would have gotten away with it too if it wasn't for that meddling Earthbender' isn't worth much.

SightlessReality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dane: Your point exactly?

Kaang_the_Watcher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sightlessreality To quote that one random dude from the first Spider-Man movie: "You mess with one of us, you mess with all of us."

The foolish part of your plan wasn't attacking Dane specifically. The foolish part of your plan was attacking anybody without first knowing what alliances had been formed.

SightlessReality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers