Dedman's Create-A-Tourney 4: Scenario Edition

DedmanWalkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@jacthripper:
Battle Computer does not make for fun street level arguments.

@beatboks1: I am well aware that you know Justice well which is why I priced it including the healing. It doesn't include the teleportation though because as you suggested it is too much of a potential detriment. Exiles had Proteus running him so I don't think it is realistically admissible.

Beast and Stealth and Shadow Cloak are good.

@kaang_the_watcher: @cjdavis103: Thanks for more ideas. Always nice to have a large selection.

beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

@dedmanwalkin: is the new build I sent you ok, and have a left enough points for the trainer I requested.

I'm guessing that the shadow cloak would have a cost of 30+ points right? Considering that porting as a power is 25 (night crawler ) and the cloak has better range plus both can supply and be a weapon

Avatar image for sightlessreality
SightlessReality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@beatboks1: All of your points you earned from the scenario became forfeit when you died as I recall from Dedmens final post.

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dedmanwalkin: I'll wait until the shop is complete to enter my new build

Would an Adamantium enhanced skeleton (Bullseye, not Wolverine) be good? Probably 15 points

Powerset- MCU Absorbing Man (20)

Skills- Dragon Training (for firebenders)

HigorM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#455 HigorM  Moderator
beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@beatboks1: All of your points you earned from the scenario became forfeit when you died as I recall from Dedmens final post.

O_o ?? I'm dead, I have to rebuild a character as though I was a new player. I have the same 100 points to build a character any new player has, just like you do to build a new character to join again. ONLY those who survived have their character build at the points they originally cost, "grandfathered" in etc etc. Why have you now replied to me twice about my previous dead, defunct build as if I have to use that when I can't?

SightlessReality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@beatboks1: I was refering to the victory points you got in the battle not character building points. Basically, I'm only talking about the Trainer bit. My apologies for the confusion.

Beatboks is dead and his points are sadly gone. However, if you guys want to give some of the available points to him you may.

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dedmanwalkin: Can we add Ultimate Captain America as a Meatsac for 10

beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sightlessreality: im buying my trainer with the original 100 points, I just spent less on other things and came up with a build better in some ways and weaker in others

SightlessReality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@beatboks1: Ehh? Wait wait wait. Are saying that we as in those who died have 200 points to spend? Or am I missing something?

beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sightlessreality: where did you get that from what I said? We have the same 100 points that we originally had to make our first build. That is how scenarios always work. The lousy 2 points I lost would have bout me next to nothing and in the build ive sent to dedman to re-enter the scenario I only spent the 100 points we always had.

I made no mention of an additionalm100 only rhe original to make a new different build sinve the previous one is dead

SightlessReality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@beatboks1: The reason I got confused is due to your choice of words. I'll break it down.

im buying my trainer with the original 100 points

When I see trainer, I'm not thinking of character. I'm thinking of the "trainer for a month" perk you buy in the victory point store. So obviously when I see that in contrast with "Original" 100 points will lead me to think that there's an additional 100 points for us to work with.

beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#463  Edited By beatboks1

@sightlessreality: dude it is the trainer for a month I'm talking about, it is the original 100 point I specifically mentioned in the post you just quoted. Dedman said that trainers would be available to purrchase in the second round, that doesnt limit them to just victory point s just like anyone joining can buy anything we are suggesting now. Some of the poi ts for things that were available in round 1 have and will go up so those who bought them at lower points and survive have that advantage. But anything that will be available for purchase is and always will be available to all.

There is n only one store in dedman's tourneys, your reading things I to things that are in no way said or implied. You cant even say it reading "between the lines" when one line quoted by you stated original points

SightlessReality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@beatboks1: Okay okay calm down. If I'm wrong I'm wrong. And I wasn't aware that it was going to be in the basic store after the first round so I apologize. Easy enough of a mistake that's all.

beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sightlessreality: cool and for the record I'm calm. Not worried about mm it just trying to help. the advantage thatbthose who survive a roubd gain are the extra points with which to purchase more. Having them also able to access things others couldnt would simply make it grossly n unfair. Theybearned the points and that encourages smarter and less reckless game play which in tern makes the game better. Its why we were surprised at such a brasen attack mm of potential allies to achieve success so early when the scenario wasnt relient on such action and had better odds of success with more restraint and large team ups

dane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

DedmanWalkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jacthripper:
Adamantium Skeleton, Ultimate Cap, and Dragon Training are cool to add but MCU Absorbing Man is not.

@higorm: Are you wanting to use some of your Bonus Points to suggest adding it?

@dane: You have at least till Friday but maybe longer. Are you planning on respecializing?

@beatboks1: I think what @sightlessreality was getting at was that when you died, you forfeited the Bonus Points you received leaving you with none. This means that you cannot purchase anything from the Bonus Points Store. Bonus Points are designed to reward those who survive with discounts and the like that aren't accessible to those who did not. Some of the things from the Bonus Points Store will be available to everyone but the pricing will be different like for instance Fodder and Henchman are not available. So keep you build in mind which is fine at the moment in mind so that when the store hits you can adjust it to fit your needs.

I am sorry that my intent was unclear and I hope I have resolved the problem.

Also, the Shadow Cloak will be fairly expensive.

dane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dedmanwalkin: I'm not sure yet. Do I keep my bonus points if I do?

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dedmanwalkin: I feel like the Ultimate Eye was already discounted, correct? Alchemy as well?

Suggestions

Nightcrawler Teleportation (BAMF) (20)

Classic Mystique Shapeshifting (15)

Green Arrow Skillset (15)

HigorM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#470 HigorM  Moderator

@dedmanwalkin: oh, not really, but it would be nice if somebody else did it right? :P

SightlessReality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@higorm: ...............After looking up the character & the computer................I "might" suggest it.

HigorM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#472 HigorM  Moderator
Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dedmanwalkin: I would also support the Battle Computer, it's not Hax like Midnighter's, but keeps the same principles

HigorM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#474 HigorM  Moderator

There you go

beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#475  Edited By beatboks1

maps

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Cjdavis103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DedmanWalkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#477  Edited By DedmanWalkin

@beatboks1: Nice suggestions.

@jacthripper: Everything except Green Arrow's skills are already available.

Do you want to drop Dragon Training for Aphrodite's Battle Computer?

@dane: If you buy a full respec then you can remake your character and keep 4 points. But if you have no desire to use your Bonus Points then you can just forfeit them.

DedmanWalkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#478  Edited By DedmanWalkin

@cjdavis103@beatboks1@sightlessreality@primez0ne@kaang_the_watcher@dane@higorm@jacthripper@stormshadow_x@pr0metheus @sovereign91001@joewell

Just to stir the pot a little and get the creative juices flowing, here is build that I have created:

Merkava, the Living Tank

(10) Enhanced Healing Factor (Deathstroke)

(25) Bending (Earth)

(25) Gambit (Superhuman Agility and Reflexes, Kinetic Charging)

(30) Prometheus Helm (You can pick up to 50 Points of Skills! Is Subject to Damage!)

• (15) Daredevil
  • (15) Perfect Marksmanship (Bullseye)
  • (10) Tactical Gunmanship (Zazie)
  • (10) Chi Mastery (Earthbending)

(10) Rucksack with Free Stuff!

• 1 Carbon Fiber M1911 w/ Infrared Laser Sight and Thermal Gun Cam
  • 2 Suppressors
  • 8 Extra 1911 Magazines
  • 4 Barrett Magazines
  • Gas Mask
  • Snorkle
  • Encrypted Microsoft Surface w/Carbon Fiber Case
  • 4 MREs
  • Canteen w/Water
  • 6 Smoke Grenades
  • 4 Carbon Fiber, Diamond Coated Kukries

(Free!) First Holster with Free Carbon Fiber M1911w/ Infrared Laser Sight and Thermal Gun Cam!

(Free!) First Long Gun Case with Barrett .50 cal w/ Thermal Gun Cam with U-238 Rounds!

(Free!) First Sheathe with Dual Carbon Fiber, Diamond Coated Kukris!

(Free!) First Fannypack with free Stuff!

• Encrypted Smartphone
  • Energy Bar
  • Encrypted Google Glass
  • Fishing Line and Hooks
  • Lighter
  • Multi-Tool

(Free!) Custom Bodysuit with Vents!

Now from the looks of things Merkava doesn't seem like that much but it is the combination of abilities that make him so formidable.

During training, Merkava will focus on mainly bending in particular:

1. Tremor Sense - This should be easy with Daredevil's situational awareness combined with Earthbending. Nothing in a very large radius should escape his view.
  2. Stone Armor - Aang has shown several times that he can create fully mobile stone armor so training specifically to do this should make Merkava better at it.
  3. Carbon Fiber Manipulation - In the Fire Nation Prison, the Earthbenders were fully capable of manipulating coal. Coal is just carbon which is the same stuff that makes up Carbon Fiber. This allows Merkava to manipulate his Carbon Fiber Implements.
  4. Targeted Manipulation - Bullseye's aim, Daredevil's situational awareness, and my mastery of bending should allow me to have great control over small parts.

However, he will also spend a good bit of time focusing his kinetic charging specifically so that every part of him is more than capable of quickly creating the explosive force he needs where he needs it.

Now altogether, this allows him to amp his strength and durability considerably using Stone Armor and Earthbending. Since my suit has vents, this allows me to kinetically charge parts of my armor and launch it away as a projectile through bending. Now the real cool part comes when I use my tremor sense, kinetic charging, earthbending, and healing, I can effectively turn my armor into Explosive Reactionary Armor making me immune to tank-busting blows. Damaging Merkava can only really be done if he doesn't know you are coming for him. In addition to all of that, my carbon fiber kukris are also at my command and can be controlled at will. The diamond coating makes them very sharp so anyone without proper armor will have to contend with my blades flying through the air as though they were wielded by ghosts. When not in use, my kukris will be mounted on my armor Wolverine-style. The same can be said for the Carbon Fiber M1911s, I can use them to flank people and lay down suppressive fire. When not deployed the M1911s will be arm mounted like Deadshot. That still leaves me the Barrett which will be mounted on my stone armor. To trigger the Barrett, fishing line will be threaded around the trigger and attached to a rock, when I need to fire it, I earthbend the rock. All my guns have guncams on them which will be networked to the Google Glass. This gives me a rudimentary heads up display. Now normally managing all these new things would be a problem but that is where Zazie's skills come in handy as she specializes in using multiple weapons simultaneously. Effectively, I have granted myself incredible versatility through the usage of disparate powers. Merkava is a walking tank that should be able to take on any number of builds effectively.

dane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dedmanwalkin: Will you be using that build in the thread good sir?

DedmanWalkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dane: Why, you want to steal it? But no, it was just one of the cooler builds I had come up with. I just want to get people thinking about ways to get the most out of their builds. If I were to throw my hat into the ring, I have several ridiculously overpowered builds I would likely use; either Reaper, the Dark Blade or Invincible, the Armored Beast.

dane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

FukYouRenchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#482  Edited By FukYouRenchamp

@dedmanwalkin: So this round is open to participants now?

Also if so, is the OP updated with the current stuff?

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Primez0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#484  Edited By Primez0ne

@dedmanwalkin: How would you feel about force users?

edit: No TK of course

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DedmanWalkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dane: *sips Hot Cocoa happily!*

@primez0ne: Force is basically magic so I am going to say no.

@jacthripper: Store goes live in Friday.

@pr0metheus: Yeah, feel free to drop up to 4 suggestions. On Friday, the store goes live.

Cjdavis103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

FukYouRenchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#489  Edited By FukYouRenchamp

@dedmanwalkin:

Meatsacs:

• Luke Cage (60)
  • Adam Jensen (10)

Powers:

• Telekinesis (Gravel) - 15 (Usually around 10 or so pounds)

Skill(sets):

• Zealot

SightlessReality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dedmanwalkin: I was thinking of a build like that though not nearly as in depth............I mean Kinetic Charging plus earth bending even from a simplistic stand point is pretty powerful. Kinetically charge big boulders you hurl around for missile+ level destruction.

I don't mind if people take up on this idea.

DedmanWalkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sightlessreality: The problem with that strategy is timing, by using smaller projectiles, they can be deployed quickly. Large Boulders would require quite some time to charge up and launch. Since Gambit can take out a Bus with 3 cards, I don't see a major need to go for that large of an attack.

@pr0metheus: Good suggestions but I don't recognize Gravel so I'll need some more information.

@cjdavis103: Store is live. If all participants get me their characters quickly we can likely start by Monday.

SightlessReality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dedmanwalkin: They wouldn't have to be large boulders. Pebbles, rocks, even stuff as large as a basket ball would be pretty good.

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

FukYouRenchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#494  Edited By FukYouRenchamp

@dedmanwalkin:

He uses TK to control his bullets to fly around buildings, corners or around people to catch them off guard. Also can use them to pick up guns independant of his body to shoot mainly.

He can also crush peoples organs and stuff with them, but thats more of a moral thing, which I doubt would be acceptable here, as unavoidable attacks rarely are.

SightlessReality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pr0metheus: You could have pmed your build to him to make things more interesting.

FukYouRenchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#497  Edited By FukYouRenchamp

@sightlessreality: Didn't know I was suppoused too, We'll keep it as our secret :)

Edit: I see where he said it, I got it confused with suggesting items somehow..

SightlessReality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pr0metheus: You don't have to keep it a secret but it helps if someone in the group were to attack you, they wouldn't know what they were getting themselves into. Also, that builds going to be a pain in the butt for some people.....which is a good thing. ;)

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#499  Edited By Jacthripper
beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#500  Edited By beatboks1

@jacthripper can't wait, wanna see what cost dedman has out on the shadowcloak and if I can afford it with the othe thingsnid like to go withnit.

@sightlessreality: you found that out the hard way, hey ;D