Sherlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Sherlock

You will all burn!

For this round, the Random Number Gods have have chosen Mustafar, the locale for the last battle in Star Wars III: Revenge of the Sith.

No Caption Provided

As you can tell from the environment, life ending lava is flowing all around. Simply put, lava is the ultimate BFR. The same rules apply as for the last round, if you have a way to escape falling (IE: Teleportation, Flight, etc.) you can do so.

Try this picture, it gives a better view of the battleground. The top name listed starts at the ship landing platform on the left while the bottom name starts on the farthest right shield boom. For added awesome, the thermal shields at the facility explode in 30 minutes causing it do break up like in the movie. You also only know who your opponent last defeated and that they are somewhere in the facility.

Sherlock aka Vincent von Rothstein

Albert Wesker - 50 (Speed Bursts, Super Strength, Healing Factor)
Web Shooters - 15 (Spidey)
Vibranium Melee Upgrade - 10 (Upgrade any melee weapon to Vibranium) Sword
Mandalorian Battle Armor - 20 (Jango Fett, doesn't have any mounted weaponry)
Sword - 5 (You choose the style!) Rising soul from monster Hunter Tri 3   

vs.

Donovan Montgomery aka Freak Man

Ricochet - 25 (Peak Human Traits, Superhuman Agility, Danger Sense)
Weakness Detection - 30 (Karnak)
Web Shooters - 15 (Spidey)   
Superhuman Reflexes - 15 (Spidey)
Illusion Cube - 5 (Mysterio, spitting cobra pet)
Dual Billy Clubs - 5 (Daredevil)
Throwing Blades (25) - 5 (You choose the style!)   
Avatar image for donovan_montgomery
Donovan Montgomery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 17

@Sherlock:  
Thank you for doing this, you did a much better job than I would have, lol. 
I should be able to get into the battle later today, till then I'll find my way to some solid ground.
Sherlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Sherlock
@Donovan Montgomery: No prob i have to go shovel right now (We just got another 2 feet) so i wont be on until late tonight
(((Prodigy)))

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By (((Prodigy)))

*grabs popcorn*

Matezoide2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Matezoide2

needs moar pics... 

Vincent von Rothstein 
  Vincent von Rothstein 

Freak Man 
  Freak Man 
(((Prodigy)))

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By (((Prodigy)))

This fight would be spectacular to watch. Spider-Man ish guy with armor and a vibranium sword vs Spider-Man ish guy with weakness detection and other weapons.

Donovan Montgomery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Sherlock:
I hope I can help this live up to your expectations. 
Off to supp, will be back later.
Sherlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Sherlock
@Donovan Montgomery: So do i last round was dissapointing no offence to pirate king but i really hoped for more of a fight ill start off if you like but right now its late here so im going to bed
Sherlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Sherlock

OK i said id start it off 

First Vincent would get a rundown of the area by web slinging up onto the large tower near the landing platform.From there he would be able to get a good loook at the land all round and likely see Freakman.He would then swing down toward Freakman to get a good hit in with his sword.FM would probably get off several throwing knives as Vincent swings in which he could dodge using his super reflexes and speed and even if one manages to it me it should do much if anything at all because of my armor and healing factor.

After getting in close Vincent would use his speed and agility to attack FM with his sword and avoid FMs attacks.It would be difficult to hit FM because of his danger sense and reflexes but in a long drawn out battle i would see Vincent being able to keep up he pace longer not to mention most of FMs weaponry wouldnt be able to hurt him much

Donovan Montgomery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Sherlock: Two feet of snow, huh?  And people here complained when we got six inches :^/ 
I had a nice little opening post last night, but messed up when I posted it and didn't want to type it all out again =(

All right, by the time you get up to the tower there, I'll be making my way towards the firm ground and getting off that sail. 
On your way down, can you really use your speed bursts while swinging?  and I missed your super reflexes..... 
Anyway, as soon as I spot you swinging towards me I start using my weakness detection to find the chinks in your armor and start throwing a couple of my blades at those spots.  I know it will be hard to hit with you swinging and changing direction and all, but I can throw them out there and maybe get a hit or two. I would be throwing one one way to make you move into another blade type thing. (Make sense?) 
I agree with you on the close combat aspect, so just as your coming in for a landing, I would web up your legs and feet.  Actually, I could also web your arms and hands to your own web line as well. This way I could get in a few good shots while you are down recovering from your rough landing.  This will also make it hard for you to be using your sword.  Making this a short and sweet battle for me ;^]
If this doesn't work, I will be doing my best to keep the distance between us as my weapons are more useful that way.  Using the environment and webbing to force your speed bursts to a minimum.
Sherlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Sherlock
@Donovan Montgomery: Yeah we just got another 6 inches actually fun fun

No not so much the bursts i meant more along the lines of swinging speed and i also meant agility not reflexes sorry there.Anyway but swinging quicky and changing direction a lot Vincent should be able to get past most of FMs knives.I understand what you mean by throw one then another so he dodges one into the other but the problem with that plan is the chances are very good that it wouldnt hit Vincent in a place where his armor is weak.
Now if FM were to get Vincent with his webbing,Vincent would stop his assault and change didrection while most of his limbs are still free until he has sufficient cover to free his last one which shouldnt be hard due to his sword.

From there he would go to a ground assault using speed burst to get in close enough to use his sword.Now if FM trying to keep it at a ranged battle Vincent would have no trouble following him via web shooters.Now FMs throwing knives and batons are much better for ranged combat as well as your webbing but VIncent also has webbing and Freakman has only 25 knives and 2 batons so he will run out leaving him with limited or no weapons for the rest of the fight giving Vincent a huge advantage.Eventually when FM runs low on throwing weapons he will have to try it in closer Or hell risk running out of time and going into the lava
Donovan Montgomery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Sherlock: Hope you like sledding, lol. 

If I'm not able to get you webbed enough, or beat down (remember, I have your weak spots and would be hitting them with the billy clubs while you are trying to get your arms/hands loose.  If assessable, I would also attempt to disarm you at this time.) enough by the time you are un-webbed, having web lines myself, I would keep to the air out of sword reach while using my abilities to avoid as much of your webbing as possible.  Your speed bursts are only good as long as you have something to move on, once you are in the air we are the same speed.  The difference is I have the agility and reflexes to avoid you and make attacks of my own.  I would be going to knock the armor off you (if possible) by hitting joints and linkages.  Then we are closer to even in durability as well.
Sherlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Sherlock
@Donovan Montgomery: I enjoy sledding just not shoveling

What Vincent would do is move away to a covered area and would be able to free his limbs in a matter of seconds using his sword since its vibranium it would go right through the webbing so when Freakman came in to hit him while he was disabled he would be ready for him.
I dont know how FM would knock off Vincents armor so if you could explain that further.
Weskers durablity if very high hes taken took a hit to the face and then the arm from Chris Redfield and it didnt really phase him   
  Skip to 2:47 i dont think your batons would be much use here.Also at 4:43 he has a bunch of large beams fall on him and while he was off balence after that he was still very much alive and able to get up without much trouble.

Vincent also has all his vital areas covered by his armor Freakmans throwing knives wont do much to him if he can only hit him in the arms and legs   
 Another video showing Weskers durability if you skip to 4:50 it shows him getting shot in the arm as well as taking a knife there (He was weakened for this fight)It also shows some impressive agility feats
Donovan Montgomery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Sherlock: Well, with the webbing you up bit I would want to do your hands and arms first while you were still holding your web line swinging at me.  I do not think this will be easy since you would probably just let go as soon as I started. 
As for the armor, I could spot the weak spots, where it's put together and such, and hit those to weaken the integrity of the armor, I suppose saying knocking it of was a bit overdoing it, lol.  Also, unless I have your hands webbed up,I would not be charging in to get you if you manage to land out of my sight.  I would take to the high ground, watch for you, and find some way to hurt you (weakness detection).  I think I would find other items to throw your way once I start running out of blades, there is a lot of loose stuff around I could pummel you with.
All right, you can take a beating even with out the armor, but can you survive the lava?  Being the annoying man I am, and being able to avoid a lot of your attacks, I could guide/lead you to the edge and dodge one final speed burst as you run yourself over the edge.  Then I would be looking down and saying "DANG THOSE WEB LINES!" 
Seriously, I would be playing the hit and run game, not going for a h2h battle I would surly lose.  If it wasn't for your speed and strength, I would try to get you towards the edge, web you from behind and toss you as far as I could away from the structure.  If that worked and I tossed you far enough, your web line may not save you in time.
Sherlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Sherlock
@Donovan Montgomery said:First of all im going to switch to first person here because it too much of a pain to say Freakman and Vincent every time lol
" @Sherlock: Well, with the webbing you up bit I would want to do your hands and arms first while you were still holding your web line swinging at me.  I do not think this will be easy since you would probably just let go as soon as I started. 
As for the armor, I could spot the weak spots, where it's put together and such, and hit those to weaken the integrity of the armor, I suppose saying knocking it of was a bit overdoing it, lol.  Also, unless I have your hands webbed up,I would not be charging in to get you if you manage to land out of my sight.  I would take to the high ground, watch for you, and find some way to hurt you (weakness detection).  I think I would find other items to throw your way once I start running out of blades, there is a lot of loose stuff around I could pummel you with.
All right, you can take a beating even with out the armor, but can you survive the lava?  Being the annoying man I am, and being able to avoid a lot of your attacks, I could guide/lead you to the edge and dodge one final speed burst as you run yourself over the edge.  Then I would be looking down and saying "DANG THOSE WEB LINES!" 
Seriously, I would be playing the hit and run game, not going for a h2h battle I would surly lose.  If it wasn't for your speed and strength, I would try to get you towards the edge, web you from behind and toss you as far as I could away from the structure.  If that worked and I tossed you far enough, your web line may not save you in time. "
If you were to catch my hand with webbing thereby sticking it i could easily cut myself down and once on the ground cut my hand loose
I dont know how well you could 'knock off' to use your words my armor
No Caption Provided
If you look nothing other than the weapons holsters(Which i dont have anyway) seem to be strapped on so it would take quite a few perfect hits to take off any of it

BTW Dedman do i get all the armor features with the exception of the mounted weapons IE trackers air filter temperature control that sort of thing

Well im not going to wait around for you very long just stating that if you did charge in thinking i was down i would be more than ready for you
It would take a complete moron to run headlong into lava...i like to think im not a complete moron so im not just going to run headlong over the edge (Unless i have some other plan for it)
Because of my speed and strength when you hit with a web line in the back i would put on a speed burst to get you off balance then grab your web line and throw you over the edge.With my super strength i should be able to throw you considerably farther than you could me and the chances are very good that your webs wont be able to carry that far
Now anything you did find lying around the area would be a real weapon and would probably be less effective than ones you already have,unless it was a larger weapon in witch case it wouldnt be as easy to throw and would take longer and more effort on your part leaving you vulnerable to my webbing or a speed burst
It also sounds like this battle will be a long one adn i believe do to my superhuman traits that i will tire more slowly than you will and (depending on whether or not Dedman lets me use this feature)My armor will prevent me from getting too hot as well slowing my tiring time in comparison to yours even more.When you slow down sufficiently i would have little trouble catching you with a web and getting you in close enough for a kill 
DedmanWalkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By DedmanWalkin

You get the air filter and temperature controls but not any of the sensory stuff.

Donovan Montgomery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Sherlock said:
" @Donovan Montgomery said:First of all im going to switch to first person here because it too much of a pain to say Freakman and Vincent every time lol
" @Sherlock: Well, with the webbing you up bit I would want to do your hands and arms first while you were still holding your web line swinging at me.  I do not think this will be easy since you would probably just let go as soon as I started. 
Seriously, I would be playing the hit and run game, not going for a h2h battle I would surly lose.  If it wasn't for your speed and strength, I would try to get you towards the edge, web you from behind and toss you as far as I could away from the structure.  If that worked and I tossed you far enough, your web line may not save you in time. "
If you were to catch my hand with webbing thereby sticking it i could easily cut myself down and once on the ground cut my hand loose  

Unless your only holding on with one hand while you swing, I will be hitting both and webbing them together.) 

Astonishing Spider-Man/Wolverine #1

No Caption Provided
(What's the cloth looking material?  It looks like it could be cut, but then again it is armor....but maybe like Black Panthers outfit it can be sliced when hit right.) 

If you look nothing other than the weapons holsters(Which i dont have anyway) seem to be strapped on so it would take quite a few perfect hits to take off any of it   BTW Dedman do i get all the armor features with the exception of the mounted weapons IE trackers air filter temperature control that sort of thing  Well im not going to wait around for you very long just stating that if you did charge in thinking i was down i would be more than ready for you It would take a complete moron to run headlong into lava...i like to think im not a complete moron so im not just going to run headlong over the edge (Unless i have some other plan for it)  
(I didn't think you would, just my way of staying out of the way and hoping for a slip up on your part.)

Because of my speed and strength when you hit with a web line in the back i would put on a speed burst to get you off balance then grab your web line and throw you over the edge.With my super strength i should be able to throw you considerably farther than you could me and the chances are very good that your webs wont be able to carry that far   
(If you noticed I put "  If it wasn't for your speed and strength," in my previous post).
 Now anything you did find lying around the area would be a real weapon and would probably be less effective than ones you already have,unless it was a larger weapon in witch case it wouldnt be as easy to throw and would take longer and more effort on your part leaving you vulnerable to my webbing or a speed burst It also sounds like this battle will be a long one adn i believe do to my superhuman traits that i will tire more slowly than you will and (depending on whether or not Dedman lets me use this feature)My armor will prevent me from getting too hot as well slowing my tiring time in comparison to yours even more.When you slow down sufficiently i would have little trouble catching you with a web and getting you in close enough for a kill  "
Another think I could try is to break the seal on your helmet  and get it off, yet another near impossible tactic, and KO you.  Again, with your durability/healing, this would be very hard to do before you manage a counter attack.
I totally agree with the finality of the battle if it goes much past the explosions.  Be my lose be at your hands or the environments, it certainly favors you if it come to that point. ..... 
UNLESS, while the place is blowing up and falling apart, I use my danger sense for my benefit and time attacks.  I would be able to tell when/where somethings going to go if I'm in the area, you have no such warning system besides your normal senses.  I would make sure you can see me, place myself in a weak spot and let you come after me, moving at the last safe moment, you will be speeding to your doom as I move and the spot I was, where your going at super speed with your sword ready to lop me in half, either falls into the lava or something big falls right on top of you.  Now, I admit if this fails and my timings off even once the match will surly be yours for the taking.

I really needed to put a new hologram in my cube :^ {
Sherlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Sherlock
@DedmanWalkin said:
" You get the air filter and temperature controls but not any of the sensory stuff. "
Thank you 
@Donovan Montgomery said:
" @Sherlock said:
" @Donovan Montgomery said:First of all im going to switch to first person here because it too much of a pain to say Freakman and Vincent every time lol

Unless your only holding on with one hand while you swing, I will be hitting both and webbing them together.) 

No Caption Provided
(What's the cloth looking material?  It looks like it could be cut, but then again it is armor....but maybe like Black Panthers outfit it can be sliced when hit right.) 

If you look nothing other than the weapons holsters(Which i dont have anyway) seem to be strapped on so it would take quite a few perfect hits to take off any of it   BTW Dedman do i get all the armor features with the exception of the mounted weapons IE trackers air filter temperature control that sort of thing  Well im not going to wait around for you very long just stating that if you did charge in thinking i was down i would be more than ready for you It would take a complete moron to run headlong into lava...i like to think im not a complete moron so im not just going to run headlong over the edge (Unless i have some other plan for it)  
(I didn't think you would, just my way of staying out of the way and hoping for a slip up on your part.)

(If you noticed I put "  If it wasn't for your speed and strength," in my previous post).
 Now anything you did find lying around the area would be a real weapon and would probably be less effective than ones you already have,unless it was a larger weapon in witch case it wouldnt be as easy to throw and would take longer and more effort on your part leaving you vulnerable to my webbing or a speed burst It also sounds like this battle will be a long one adn i believe do to my superhuman traits that i will tire more slowly than you will and (depending on whether or not Dedman lets me use this feature)My armor will prevent me from getting too hot as well slowing my tiring time in comparison to yours even more.When you slow down sufficiently i would have little trouble catching you with a web and getting you in close enough for a kill  "
Another think I could try is to break the seal on your helmet  and get it off, yet another near impossible tactic, and KO you.  Again, with your durability/healing, this would be very hard to do before you manage a counter attack.I totally agree with the finality of the battle if it goes much past the explosions.  Be my lose be at your hands or the environments, it certainly favors you if it come to that point. ..... UNLESS, while the place is blowing up and falling apart, I use my danger sense for my benefit and time attacks.  I would be able to tell when/where somethings going to go if I'm in the area, you have no such warning system besides your normal senses.  I would make sure you can see me, place myself in a weak spot and let you come after me, moving at the last safe moment, you will be speeding to your doom as I move and the spot I was, where your going at super speed with your sword ready to lop me in half, either falls into the lava or something big falls right on top of you.  Now, I admit if this fails and my timings off even once the match will surly be yours for the taking. I really needed to put a new hologram in my cube :^ { "

I planned on using only one hand at a time so as to go faster

Its a less durable part of the armor i would assume it can be cut if hit right.I would compare it to the chainmail knight wear under there plate armor (Same basic effect)

I see

I did notice i was agreeing and saying exactly how i would do it

That is assuming that you can find something of that sort quickly.When everything is falling all over the place neither if us will be able to do much in the way of web swinging which means your stuck on the ground and easy prey for me with my speed.I could close the distance between the two of us very quickly and if theres nothing around to fall on me then youd be out of luck (Also known as SOL lol).Another problem is that it would have to be timed perfectly on both our parts,if i arrive too soon you would have to move before your ready to and i would move before the object has time to fall.If im too late t would have the opposite effect.It would take a lot of luck to find something perfect for this situation and by then i would most likely have caught you.

Also there is still a chance of my getting to you before the 30 mins is up due to you tiring out via your lack of super human traits and the heat
Donovan Montgomery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Sherlock: 
More power for the hit with both hands holding the web line was my thought. 

Gotcha, may or may not be able to get thru with my throwing blades then. 

Ah, gotcha. 

True my timing would have to be near perfect, but I don't think it would be hard to find the right circumstances to make it happen. 

I don't think the 30 minutes would leave me to worn out due to my hightend attributes, I can last much longer than normal.  It's after that that I'm in trouble.  Like you said, we may not have to much to swing around on, but then again, you may ot have to much level(-ish) ground to be running on either.  I think that part may be better for me with my abilities, (hightend yada-yada, danger yada).  I can dodge and avoid cracks and falling debries a lot easier than you.  True, fatigue will kick in sooner for me, but I think the environment will work against you. 
Still, I don't see a way I can really take you out with out the terrain helping me tremendously.
Sherlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Sherlock
@Donovan Montgomery: I wouldnt need much in the way of power because of my sword when you go one handed you can change strands and direction more quickly

Agreed it wouldnt be hard but you would be hard put to it in terms of time.With my speed i would be able to get near you very quickly and if you havnt found an optimal place for your trap by then you would either be 1 caught be me and killed or go for the nearest one you have which chances are good that it will fall either too soon or too late adn then i would catch you and kill you anyway

I wouldnt need you to be worn out just moving slow enough for me to get close enough to tag you

I wouldnt need level ground,Wesker has tremendous jumping ability and agility,my movements would still be fast even without using the speed burst to their full extent.Wesker also has good reflexes shown when he dodged bullets at point blank range.I could get away from most of the base falling apart even if i dont see it right away
Donovan Montgomery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Sherlock:  
Wouldn't swinging with one hand and holding your sword with the other impede your changing strands? 

From the videos I've watched on Wesker, he pretty much has the course of his path planned out before putting on the speed, you think he'll be able to compensate for sudden changes in terrain that easily? 

I think I've worn out my course of actions up to this point, I honestly can't see a reasonable way to actually defeat you unless I somehow do get you off of terra-firma and into the flowing lava, so the best I could hope for is holding my own till the lack of terrain ends the battle for me.....so I'll be going for the draw.
Sherlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Sherlock
@Donovan Montgomery: I would have the sword on my back and whe you hit me with your webs i would whip it out and cut it in one quick motion

Depends on the changes anything falling wouldnt be a problem because im moving so fast the chances of it hitting me a next to zero the only time that would be a problem is if im standing still adn even then i could just move.Now if its underneath then i could be tripped up(Which wouldnt do much but knock me down for a few seconds)or if the whole floor gives beneath me (If only a small portion did then i would be out of harms way before it actually fell) which i could easily jus web or jump my way back up

Well im dont think i have anything to add so do you wanna go to voting?
Donovan Montgomery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Sherlock: Sounds good, but don't go cutting any fingers off in the motion ;) 

Voting sounds like a good idea, thanks for the battle, sorry I kind of ran out of steam it was getting interesting.
Sherlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Sherlock
@Donovan Montgomery: Happens dont worry about it
(((Prodigy)))

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By (((Prodigy)))

I'm going to hold off voting until Dedman gives the official OK.

DedmanWalkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By DedmanWalkin

In the jungle, the mighty jungle, the Voting begins tonight!

(((Prodigy)))

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By (((Prodigy)))

I believe my vote will go to Sherlock

Close match though.

(((Prodigy)))

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By (((Prodigy)))

bump for votes

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#29  Edited By Mercy_

Close match. Vote goes to Sherlock.

Matezoide2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#30  Edited By Matezoide2

Sherlock....sorry Donny

Donovan Montgomery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Matezoide: S'all right, I think he'll put a better fight in the next round :)
Sherlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Sherlock

Bump for more votes

Donovan Montgomery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think I'll just congratulate Sherlock on a good match and wish him a good battle in the next round now :)

DedmanWalkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By DedmanWalkin

Near the village, the quiet village, "Sherlock Wins Tonight!"

Good job though to both opponents. You really made this semifinal interesting!
Donovan Montgomery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks, I tried :} 
Sherlock did alright to I suppose ;^P