Avatar image for donovan_montgomery
Donovan Montgomery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 17

Better not look down

While I don't know where the original map was located, this Highrise takes place atop the ludicrously high Hong Kong ICC Tower

Donovan Montgomery
vs
SentrySSJ4 

The top name listed starts in Interiors 2 while the bottom name listed starts in Interiors 3. 
BFR is possible if you can push your opponent off the tower, however if you have an ability that can keep you from falling like flight it does not count as a BFR.
Hope your guys don't get vertigo! 

All rounds were picked via random number generator though hilariously both Nexi are facing each other. Power NeXus, I believe, chose the map so he may be able to answer questions you may have. As always you decide amongst yourself who posts each topics. Assume that the entire map now comprises the top floor of the ICC Tower it has 108 Floors so you guys are on floor 109. 

Good Luck!  

My guy:  

FREAK MAN
Ricochet - 25 (Peak Human Traits, Superhuman Agility, Danger Sense)

Weakness Detection - 30 (Karnak)
Web Shooters - 15 (Spidey)   
Superhuman Reflexes - 15 (Spidey)
Illusion Cube - 5 (Mysterio, spitting cobra pet)
Dual Billy Clubs - 5 (Daredevil)
Throwing Blades (25) - 5 (You choose the style!)

My throwing blades: 

Since I don't seem to know more than my opponent is a slightly deranged teleporter with a whip and a glaive , I keep my attention focused on my suroundings and danger sense on high allert while I go scouting for him. 

With my hightend reflexes, I would think I could react quick enough to him teleporting within my vicinity to web him with one hand and throw a billy club to the head for (hopefully) a quick K.O. 
If this first does not work to put him down I duck behind something and prepare for my next attack.
sentryssj4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By sentryssj4
@Donovan Montgomery:  
You were to web me i could just teleport out also if that failed i would be able to recover from the club pretty quickly with my hardened skin and healing factor, anyways while you ran to get some cover i would teleport a few feet behind you and toss the ol glaive in your direction if you tried to dodge i would teleport behind you and whip you or grab you in the back of the head and wait for the glaive to return to me haha.
Donovan Montgomery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sentryssj4:
I was counting on the webbing to stun you long enough (surprise) to get the club in before you teleported. 
I don't have the stats on your character, but that's fine unless Dedman want's them shown, I'll go off the cuff here and find out as we go along......no adding tho ;^P 

Now if you throw your glaive, (been awhile since I've watched Krull), I could catch it with a web and stick it to a wall effectivaly removing it from the battle.  As for the whip, I would (attempt to) grab it and hold it with one hand while using my weakness detection, thowing a knife or two in you direction, hitting you in a weak spot to dampen your spirits. 

Will be back later for more :)
sentryssj4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By sentryssj4
@Donovan Montgomery:  
Firs this is not the glaive from krull i havent seen it but i know that in dark sector the glaive returns to the holder once it is throw also if you did grab the glaive once i throw it its basically a beefed up  circular saw so it would probably cut through the web. as for holding the whip it whiplashes whip so im not so sure you have an ability that stops you from getting severely damaged, and the knives while they would hurt me i could just pull them out and heal.  

Now if you were to grab the whip I could easily teleport behind you grab my glaive and finish you off.  
Donovan Montgomery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sentryssj4:
First on the glaive, the webbing would be hitting it broadside and throwing itno a wall, don't know how well it would return once it is stuck fast. 
Second on the whip, good thing for my danger sense, it would warn me NOT to grab the whip but to dodge it, toss a knife at your wrist to make you drop the whip, web it and throw it off the building....or at least out of your imidiate reach.
Like I said, I don't know what you have or your abilities as I have not seen them yet. 
Third on the thowing knives and regeneration......I'll work on that. 
Fourth on your teleportation, obviously me BFR-ing you is out, so I won't be tryin that route.....

All right, going to celebrate my baby girls B-Day so I'll be back this afternoon :)
sentryssj4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By sentryssj4
@Donovan Montgomery:   
If the web hit the glaive on the broad side i could just bring it back before you webbed it again.  
I would teleport bring the whip back and start going on the offensive i would start teleporting around you while whiping at you and throwing the glaive as much time as it would take for you to slip up as soon as one hits you it would be over 

here is my character so you know his powers 
 Kiber: 
  Healing Factor - 30 (Wolverine)     
  Teleportation - 25 (Nightcrawler)  
  Technocyte Infection - 35 (Glaive, Hardened Skin)  
  Electrified Whip - 10 (Whiplash)      
Donovan Montgomery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sentryssj4:
Thank you, the herdened skin is comparable to Luke Cages I'm going to assume so I'll have to hit you pretty hard to do much damage. 

With your glaive, with a well placed webbing I can web it to your hand to prevent you from being able to throw it (assuming me webbing it to a wall doesn't work). 
My danger sense and super agility/reflexes should keep me out of danger from your teleporting/whip attack. 
If I move to the edge and grab some lose beams with my webbing, dodging your attacks in that dirrection leading you with me, I could use those against you by throwing them, via webline, into you, again with the hope of a K.O. or incapatation. 
sentryssj4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By sentryssj4
@Donovan Montgomery:  
you would have to web me my hand quite a bit not to mention fast enough to were i couldn't just pull the glaive off 
as for the part of your danger sense and agility while that would help you but you wouldn't be able to keep it up for ever especially with some one who can basically be every were at once, and as for throwing beams at me you would have to stun before hand or i could just teleport out of the way
Donovan Montgomery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sentryssj4:
True I would have to throw a larg clump of webbing to get it done, but that webbing is pretty strong stuff, it would take a bit to losen it and I don't see superstrength in your power set.
With the beams, who's to say you won't accidently 'port into one?  ;^p  (I know, wishfull thinking, lol. ), I also realize it won't be easy flinging beams, I would have to pick the smaller ones.
I will just have to get over there quick before I tire out, but I don't think that will be a problem I'm sure I could last a good while before exhaution hits.
Also, if I keep you 'porting, you could eventualy tire and slow down enough for a solid hit, even Nightcrawller couldn't teleport indefinatly.
sentryssj4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By sentryssj4
@Donovan Montgomery:  
Well if i did port into a beam i could just pull it out so i dont end up like nightcrawler. 
As for you Running away i would be teleporting around you with me throwing the glaive and whipping you at the same time i dont think it would take to long to hit you with one I mean If i caught you with the glaive on your calf foot or something you wouldn't be able to heal. if i struck you with the whip you would be stunned long enough for me to move in for the kill or knock-out you know if i felt like being nice
Donovan Montgomery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sentryssj4:
FYI If you teleport into something solid, it becomes a part of you, it doesn't go thru you like a knife or something. But it's very doubtful thatwould happen. 
It would be hard to use your weapons if they are webbed down and I can know where you are  going to be as you go to retreave them, then try bludgening you with my clubs or other blunt object. 
I also have the extra option of creating a shield with my webbing for some extra protection from your weapons should you be able to retreave them. 
So in summary, I can (theoretically) disarm you and protect myself while you teleport around trying to retreave your weapons.  I admit hurting you may be difficult, pummelling seems to be my best bet as long as I can get a hard enough hit in to give you a good stun, I can web you up and leave you to hang around..... 
..untill you teleport free and we start over again :^\
sentryssj4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By sentryssj4
@Donovan Montgomery:  
Im not sure about he thing with teleportation thing because it did become apart of him wouldnt he be like one ofe those thre armed people, also hasnt it been said that if he teleports into a wall or something he would die because two things cant take up the same space at the same time if they became part of him wouldnt he just turn into a wall.  

also hasnt spidey been hit bye normal people before i mean usually that was pis but it has happened so youre telling me that you believe you can dodge every hit that a teleporter whit short medium and long range can throw at you, all it would take is one hit from anything besides my fist to finish the job.
Sherlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Sherlock
@sentryssj4: In terms of the teleporting if you were to teleport into an object like say your arm went into a beam then where the beam and you arm cross would merge together
sentryssj4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By sentryssj4
@Sherlock:  
hmm tho like he said that would be very unlikely especially since i would be teleporting away from the bars not towards him
Sherlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Sherlock
@sentryssj4: I just putting in that point since it was irrelevant this is Dons debate im not going to get involved
sentryssj4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By sentryssj4
@Sherlock:  
alright well thanks
Donovan Montgomery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Sherlock: 
Thanks for helping clear that point up.  =D 

@sentryssj4:
Actually, I'm trying to say I'll attempt to disarm you and secure/toss your weapons then attempt to set you up for a blindside attack that will stun you enough to incapacitate you long enough to count as a victory :)  
  I'm not saying this will be an easy or quick task.
Remember, I am not only able to sense danger, I am also able to find your weak spot and exploit it to my advantage. 

If the dissarming does not work, and webbing your glaive to your hand also fails, I would create a web shield to block the whip as well as the glaive.  Honestly I'm not so worrid about your weapons as I am your teleportation.  I be relying on my danger sense and supurior agility/reflexses to get around that and, as mentioned, go for the blindsided k.o.
sentryssj4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By sentryssj4
@Donovan Montgomery:  
Ok but like i said the glaive ALWAYS comes back to me so i would only have to get my whip and with my teleportation that wont be a problem. Also i can absorb my glaive and bring it back out effectively cutting any webs you might place, also the whip isnt no ordinary indian jones whip its whiplashes im not so sure how a web shield will fair also in the game the glaive was used plenty times to chop up super natural webs. 

I also remember telling dedman that the glaive can absorb elements like fire ice and electricity... and thanks to the whip and the tanks on high rise i have alot of fire to play with i can also disperse any absorbed energy  and use it as a wide range attack  

also about my point about normal humans hitting spidey namely the punisher.
Donovan Montgomery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sentryssj4:
Alright, I was unaware of your ability to absorb your glaive and bring it out again, if thats the case your right me webbing it to your hand could be useless.  Also did not know about the absorption thing..... don't play video games much anymore :( so have no idea where this thing comes from.
Could your glaive return to you if it was stuck to a wall and unable to move? 
Yes Spidey has been hit by many a normal human, I obviously, hope to avoid that uncomfortable posibility ;) 

As for the whip, I'm aware of it's potential, hence the attempt to web it away from you and now that I think of it, toss it off the building so you would have to either teleport after it giving me a few moments of manuverability to set something up, or leave it and continue your attack with your glaive....wait, this whiplash whip from Iron Man comics or movie?
sentryssj4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By sentryssj4

The glaive is from dark sector  i dont know about it returning back from the wall but the thing pretty fast  
well if its happened then wouldnt a teleporter be able to do it too. 

as for the whip im not sure probably comics because dedman didn't state otherwise

Donovan Montgomery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sentryssj4:
Unless the whips are like the second pic (not attached), I don't see a way I can disarm you of them (pic 1 atached).  So this will obviously change my stratagy abit.
attached
attached

not attached
not attached

The glaive is still possible, but with the whip all I can hope to do is web up the exit points....should last about 2 seconds.....so my tactics will be more about the distract/hit/run/repeat. 
Still reformulating plan.
sentryssj4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By sentryssj4
@Donovan Montgomery:  
what do you mean exit points if you mean the glaive it just kindof forms in my hand though im not really sure it happens really quick 

ps just so you can see a little of what the glaive can do 

Donovan Montgomery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sentryssj4:
By "exit points" I was refering to the first pic of Whiplash where his whips come out of the armor on his wrists.  That glaive looks pretty sharp ^O^ and of course it hits anything you throw it at :/ 
Still, if you have to hold it in your hand it can be webbed up, I don't know if it comes out of your hand or just appears to cause of game play but if it does it would still take a moment like you said, and then have to go thru the webbing,  only the blades are sharp, not the centre. 

With Whiplashes whip it's concievvale you could just whip anything I throw at you in half.....if I can't do the dissarming thing. 

Sooo...it's up to me to keep you distracted (with snappy patter, maybe? Tossing random stuff where I want you to be?), keep you in motion so as to "guide" you into positions where I can "predict" your 'porting and catch you unawares.......of course all the while attempting to avoid your formidable weapons.
sentryssj4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By sentryssj4
@Donovan Montgomery:
im not sure you could hit the glaive fast enough or hard enough i mean you do have advanced senses but you dont have accelerated vision  
 and as for moving me in a position you want me to be i could do that and probably alot easier too since you will move out of the way by instinct i could corner you or put you in a position to where i could get a could strike 
also theoretically speaking i could absorb the whips energy since it is electrified so i would have a super glaive that could easaly undo any webs you would try to put on my hands 
also i could absorb flames to burn your webs. 

also i am sure that it just pops up because there is parts where youre holding your gun with both hands also in the begining of the game there was a scene where he was hiding and some guy found him the he shouted no! raised his hands like if to show he didnt have anything and the glaive shot out for the first time
Donovan Montgomery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sentryssj4:
Gottcha, glaive is part of you. 

As for the rest, I'll get back to you....short on time atm.
Donovan Montgomery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sentryssj4: 

Alright, final revision if you will.  
I'm comming out of the enclosed space up top of the map moving cautiously into the open center area looking around and wiating for my danger sense to kick in warning me of danger.  I assume Keiber won't use his teleportation until we are engaged in combat as it could give away his location via odor (Nightcrawller *bamf*).   
Ok, If I see you first I would attempt to (if your within range) throw my billy club at you since has the best chance of acctually putting you down.  This would at very least get your attention and the battle would be engaged. 

If you see me first, I imaginge your first move would be to throw your glaive, my danger sense would warn me and I would dodge low behind a wall and look for where the weapon returns.  Once I see you, the battle will be underway. 

Now I expect you will have to wait for the glaive to return before you can teleport to far and you defenatly have to not be teleporting to use the whip, so those are pauses in your porting that I can use to make my attacks and find a chink in your armor. 
For instance I could start throwing my blades at your face and attempt to take out your sight.  Toss my club at that soft spot at the base of your skull or into your temples.  Admitidly small targets, but I could get lucky. and of course theirs always the old standby of webbing your eyes to get in close while your blinded and do the beatdown thing, which thanks to your harded skin I would be using my club, then of course I'd be beating empty air as you teleport....but you would still have to get rid of the webbing :/ 

Eh, this battle made more sense till I typed it out  >:( 

If you're ready we can end this torture and go to voting.
sentryssj4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By sentryssj4
 @Donovan Montgomery:  
Well If i saw you first and did throw my glaive i could just port behind you to catch it and hit you with my  whip. also i have aromr on my face too You cant see it in the vid that was just the best one i could see that showed the galive any ways heres a pic 

No Caption Provided
we can start the voting if you want i just wanted to get that last piece in    
Donovan Montgomery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sentryssj4:

Alright, I'll go tell the rest :) 

Thanks for the fun :)
(((Prodigy)))

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By (((Prodigy)))

I'll wait for Dedman to give the official OK before I vote.

Donovan Montgomery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@(((Prodigy))):
Fair enough, I PM'd him for whenever he's on next :)
DedmanWalkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By DedmanWalkin

So shall it be decreed in all the land that the voting hath begun!

Retnex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#32  Edited By Retnex

My vote goes to Sentry, too much of Dono's strategy seemed to rely on luck. 
But good debate from you both.

(((Prodigy)))

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By (((Prodigy)))

While I somewhat agree with Retnex's assessment that a lot of Dono's strategy relies on luck, I would counter that with the idea that, when one has superhuman reflexes, a danger sense, and Karnak's weakness detection, "luck" will tend to come naturally. ;)
Furthermore, though I know very little about the Technocyte glaive, I have my doubts about the implications that it could cut through Spider-Man's webbing with much ease. I can not recall ever seeing a blade of any kind of standard material cutting through Spider-Man's webs without a lot of difficulty. 
My vote goes to Donovan.

Matezoide2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#34  Edited By Matezoide2

Donovan

Sherlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Sherlock

Well neither of them have many ways plausible ways of winning here but Don does seem to have more so im a go with him

Donovan Montgomery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Only 4 votes?  :( 

I've really got to learn how to make these things intresting, lol  ;)
Matezoide2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#37  Edited By Matezoide2
@Donovan Montgomery: 
send a bunch of PMs to guys that would like to vote

Decoy Elite,Spidey_15 and Nexus of Light comes into mind

possibly the likes of Morpheus....
(((Prodigy)))

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By (((Prodigy)))
@Donovan Montgomery said:
"Only 4 votes?  :(  I've really got to learn how to make these things intresting, lol  ;) "

Mine only has two...
Donovan Montgomery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@(((Prodigy))): 
And yours was a pretty fine battle there. 
@Matezoide:
Thanks, I never think of that for some reason :/
Sherlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Sherlock
@Donovan Montgomery said:
" Only 4 votes?  :(  I've really got to learn how to make these things intresting, lol  ;) "
Be grateful you got any mine ended before it even went to voting
Donovan Montgomery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Sherlock:
I know :( 
What's up with that? 
spidey 15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#42  Edited By spidey 15
@(((Prodigy))) said:
" While I somewhat agree with Retnex's assessment that a lot of Dono's strategy relies on luck, I would counter that with the idea that, when one has superhuman reflexes, a danger sense, and Karnak's weakness detection, "luck" will tend to come naturally. ;)
Furthermore, though I know very little about the Technocyte glaive, I have my doubts about the implications that it could cut through Spider-Man's webbing with much ease. I can not recall ever seeing a blade of any kind of standard material cutting through Spider-Man's webs without a lot of difficulty. 
My vote goes to Donovan. "
This. 
I vote for Don as well. 
=]
(((Prodigy)))

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By (((Prodigy)))
@spidey 15:  
Great minds think alike :)
spidey 15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By spidey 15
@(((Prodigy))) said:
" @spidey 15:  Great minds think alike :) "
lol
(((Prodigy)))

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By (((Prodigy)))
@spidey 15 said:
" @(((Prodigy))) said:
lol "
Vote on mine? 
=]
spidey 15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By spidey 15
@(((Prodigy))) said:
" @spidey 15 said:
" @(((Prodigy))) said:
lol "
Vote on mine? =] "
I have already did, i think. 
=]
(((Prodigy)))

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By (((Prodigy)))
@spidey 15 said:
" @(((Prodigy))) said:
" @spidey 15 said:
" @(((Prodigy))) said:
lol "
Vote on mine? =] "
I have already did, i think. =] "
Whoops. My mistake. 
:)
spidey 15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By spidey 15
@(((Prodigy))) said:
" @spidey 15 said:
" @(((Prodigy))) said:
" @spidey 15 said:
" @(((Prodigy))) said:
lol "
Vote on mine? =] "
I have already did, i think. =] "
Whoops. My mistake. :) "
It's ok. 
=]
DedmanWalkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By DedmanWalkin

Two Men Entered, One Man Left, Thunderdome! That one man? That was Donovan Montgomery. Don wins!

Sentry did a great job for his first tourney and I may have voted for him had this come to a tie. As other have said, Don's strategy seemed to rely upon luck. Great job guys!

Donovan Montgomery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I only threw that luck comment in cause of the limited training we have before the battle, and hitting him before he teleported away. 

Thanks all for the votes :)