Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By DedmanWalkin

Create-A-Tourney 5: House Party Edition

No Caption Provided

You and your crew have set up a banging party only your neighbors down the road are also throwing a party. You can't just let them out party your party because then you'll lose your rep, so you send your crew out to bust their party up.

Those of you familiar with my Create-A-Tourney system will already know that you provide pretty much every part of the tourney. I then take your suggestions and make them purchaseable. Now this version is different as it requires different things to function. So here is what I need from you during the suggestion phase.

The Crew!

No Caption Provided

Your crew is your life blood, they are your eyes and ears, they are totally expendable. Troops can be any trained nameless fodder used in any fiction. Nothing over say Ultimate Captain America or Deathstroke will be accepted. For all you clever guys, no self-replicating troops either. Powers are okay but on a case by case basis. No Force Users please, they vary wildly in power so using them is questionable. Troops will be purchaseable in sets of 5. You'll also be building your Top Bros out of these troops but that will be explained later.

The Party!

No Caption Provided

Now for the party, I need your ideas for two things, the Venue and the Sound System. These are integral parts of the party and they need to be off the chain to keep things going.

Venue

This can be any place real or fictional that can be accessed by Bob, Agent of Hydra. It can't be floating or underwater or under lava or underground. Defensive or Offensive systems like turrets or forcefields are non-functional. Some basic machinery like lighting and such

Sound System

This is the source of your party's power. Without it there is no music and with no music there is no party. For this, I need a variety of objects that can function as your sound system. It can be anything but once placed it cannot be moved.

The Road

You can also suggest terrain for the road between the parties. These must be real world terrains with at least 50% human walkable surfaces.

The Supplies!

No Caption Provided

Supplies fall into 2 categories, vehicles and items. Vehicles are any form of locomotion. Anything from a bus to a chopper. No Jets or supersonic aircraft. Items are bonuses that can be anything from guns to defense systems. Try to keep these to roughly street level equipment.

Sample Post!

Here is an example on how to make a suggestion!

PartyBros4life said:

Troops:

Alpha Chi Frat Bros

Ewoks

Venue:

Your Mom!

Sound System:

Your Mom Again!

Vehicles:

Your Mom For A Third Time!

Items:

Bath Tub of Axe Body Spray

I'll then take those ideas and incorporate them into a store. If you want to suggest prices, I will be using a 100 point system, most troops will cost between 1 and 10 points depending on capabilities. Most everything else will be in multiples of 5.

Avatar image for firestormfate1919
FirestormFate1919

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By FirestormFate1919

@dedmanwalkin: I'll throw out some suggestions. I'm on mobile so I won't go into detail.

Fodder: Talons (Court of Owls), North-Wind Soldiers, Thanagarians, Rannian Soldiers, Checkmate Soldiers, Arc Troopers (Star Wars), Mandalorians (Star Wars), Xenomorphs, Man-Bats, Bat-Drones (Kingdom Come), Aero-Troopers (New Gods; DC), Imskiam Soldiers (DC), Black Hawks (DC), Amazonian Troopers, Atlantean Troopers, League of Assassins Agents, the Rainbow Raiders, Royal Flush Gang (Probably excluding some of the higher ones), and Un-Men. I'll give Point Suggestions later if wanted.

Venues: JSA Hall, New Oa (Kingdom Come), Arkham Asylum, LexCorp Tower, Themescaran Embassy, Latverian Embassy, and Wayne Manor

Sound Systems: Fiddler's Violin or Batmobile Radio-System

Supplies: Flash's Van, Mystery Machine, Nightwing's Morocycle, Speeder (Star Wars), Arrow-Mobile, Cpatain America's Shield, Batman's Utility Belt, Mr Miracle's Aero-Gear, Trickster's Flying Shoes, Heatwave's Gun, Atomic Yo-Yo, Amazonian Weaponry, Green Arrow's Arrows (excluding the Ridiculous and OP ones), Captain Boomerang's Boomerangs, and a Lightsaber.

That's all I have.

Skit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll post some stuff tomorrow when I have time.

DedmanWalkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By DedmanWalkin

@dedmanwalkin: I'll throw out some suggestions. I'm on mobile so I won't go into detail.

Fodder: Talons (Court of Owls), North-Wind Soldiers, Thanagarians, Rannian Soldiers, Checkmate Soldiers, Arc Troopers (Star Wars), Mandalorians (Star Wars), Xenomorphs, Man-Bats, Bat-Drones (Kingdom Come), Aero-Troopers (New Gods; DC), Imskiam Soldiers (DC), Black Hawks (DC), Amazonian Troopers, Atlantean Troopers, League of Assassins Agents, the Rainbow Raiders, Royal Flush Gang (Probably excluding some of the higher ones), and Un-Men.

Venues: JSA Hall, New Oa (Kingdom Come), Arkham Asylum, LexCorp Tower, Themescaran Embassy, Latverian Embassy, and Wayne Manor

Sound Systems: Fiddler's Violin or Batmobile Radio-System

Supplies: Flash's Van, Mystery Machine, Nightwing's Morocycle, Speeder (Star Wars), Arrow-Mobile, Cpatain America's Shield, Batman's Utility Belt, Mr Miracle's Aero-Gear, Trickster's Flying Shoes, Heatwave's Gun, Atomic Yo-Yo, Amazonian Weaponry, Green Arrow's Arrows (excluding the Ridiculous and OP ones), Captain Boomerang's Boomerangs, and a Lightsaber.

Bolded things are okay.

Italicized things are in question. I need some more information on them.

Underlined things are out.

Sound Systems don't need to be actual sound systems.

Avatar image for agentghostrider
AgentGhostRider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DedmanWalkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agentghostrider: Yes, you build up your army and they build up theirs and you fight it out.

wbr17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought that it was about making a team and debate who would give the best party of all. Too bad it isn't I was already thinking and somethings.

DedmanWalkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wbr17: Partying is not an easily quantifiable feat. But feel free to make suggestions, they may be of use here.

wbr17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dedmanwalkin: There are some characters that have done a party or another on their comic/show at one point but not the usual characters we see in battles in the vine.

The partying factor could be debated based on humor, dancing, food, singing and any artistic presentation, money.

I came here thinking on use Party Steve, Benson, Radicola from Regular Show.

Maybe it would be necessary to use composite characters then we would be able to use even non-canon stuff.

Anyway, forget about it. I understand that you are looking for a standard battle. The party is just a background, not the main event.

Joewell911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Joewell911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dedmanwalkin: Here's the alpha of my team.

Troops: 5 Nevermore, 5 Earth Empire Metalbenders, 5 Earth Empire Mechs.

Venue: Northern Air Temple

Sound System: TBA

Road: TBA

Vehicles: TBA

Items: TBA

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joewell: We aren't at that stage yet, this is the creation phase, so he can turn everything into a shop and then we purchase from it.

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dedmanwalkin: My additions

Crew

Mandalorians (Death Watch), Shield Agents, AIM Scientists, Hydra Operatives, ARC Troopers, IG-86 Droids, Droidekas, B2 Super Battle Droids, EM-208s, Mirakuru Grunts (Arrow), Chitauri, Dark Elves (Thor: TDW), Immortal Soldiers (FMA:B), Zombies (WWZ), Zombies (TWD), Spartans (Halo), Space Marines (Mass Effect), Real World Special Forces, NYPD, Russians (Red Dawn), Xenomorphs, Predators (Blooded), Killer Rabbit (Monty Python and the Holy Grail), Hand Ninjas, Firebender Soldiers, Earthbender Soldiers, Metalbender Cops, Waterbender Warriors, Equalists, Kyoshi Warriors

Party

Venue- Cinderella Castle (Disney World/Land), White House, Buckingham Palace, Ewok Village, Empire State Building, Stark Tower, Hagia Sophia, Spiral Minaret, Kremlin, the Citadel (SW)

Sound System- 

Supplies

Vehicles- Mass Produced Knightmare Frame, ED-209, M1A1 Abrams Tank, Moocy (One Piece)

Items- EE-33 Blaster Rifle, Captain Cold's Gun (CW), Golden Glider's Gun (CW), Chainsaw, Holy Hand Grenade, RPG-7, Carbonadium Melee Weapon, Adamantium Ammo, Magic Samurai Sword (47 Ronin), Widow's Bite, Iron Man Repulsor (Movie)

Oh, and 4:20, blaze it

Skit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Crew: Cog Soldier, Theron Elite/Palace Guard, Elite(halo), Licker(RE) and ODST soldiers. I might add more

Venue/The Road: Might add more

Sound System: The Orb and Kenny Loggin's suitcase

Vehicles: Rat Truck, Raven and Centuar(Gears of War), Gurkha armored vehicle(real life)/Insurgent(GTA V), Transportpanzer, Lenco BearCat

Supplies: Drawing a blank right now

Avatar image for sightlessreality
SightlessReality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for firestormfate1919
FirestormFate1919

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dedmanwalkin: Ok, here is what I mean:

Thanagarians: By this I mean standard Thanagarian Soldiers, as seen in various Hawkman Comics, the Rann-Thanagar War, Adam Strange, JLA, etc. They just have Wings, enhanced physicals (can still be overpowered by people like Batman though), enhanced senses, Armor, Nth Metal Melee Weapons, and Blasters. They have slightly above Batman-level physicals, some pretty moderate Tech Firepower, and Flight.

Rannian Soldiers: They have physicals on Human-Level, training of someone like Frank Castle (pretty substantial, but not as High as most more renowned fighters), Jet-Packs, low-level Force-Field projection, Armor, pretty powerful Blasters, and various other energy weapons like grenades.

Imskian Soldiers: They might not be the best choice as they are virtually fearless, but still are very useful. They are moderately trained, and have Blasters, Swords, and Grenades. Their primary ability is to shrink to incredibly low sizes. This would probably make them High Cost if used.

Amazonian Troopers: The standard Amazon Soldiers from Amazons Attack, Wonder Woman, Flashpoint, ect. They have very High-level training, enhanced physical ability, Vulcan Weaponry, and some low-level magic (like very low-level)

Atlantean Troopers: The standard Soldiers from Atlantis (DC) as can be seen in Flashpoint, Aquaman, and even the recent JLA Arc. They have enhanced physicals, moderate training, pretty High-End Blasters, some energy weaponry, and the ability to breathe underwater.

League of Assassins Agents: The standard assassins from the League of Assassins (DC), under the command of Ras al Ghul. They have very High-End training, swords, some guns (Sniper Rifles and Hand Guns mostly), knives, and often other Melee weapons like a Bow, Mace, and Longsword.

Also, some other Troops I might suggest would be the Sand-Men and Parademons.

Joewell911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dedmanwalkin:

@joewell: We aren't at that stage yet, this is the creation phase, so he can turn everything into a shop and then we purchase from it.

Ah, I see. Though I don't really understand why it's done that way. Why not just allow everyone to pick their things from the get go? Thing would go a lot faster and make more sense in my mind.

Here's some recommendations then.

Crew: Nevermore ( RWBY ), DUP ( Infamous Second Son ), Yuyan Archers, Evolved ( Prototype )

Venue: Northern Air Temple

SightlessReality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joewell: Basically, your cleared suggestions are put into a pull that everyone can decide from.

Joewell911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joewell: Basically, your cleared suggestions are put into a pull that everyone can decide from.

Yea, I understand it, I just think you should be able to pick your teams immediately.

Primez0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#22  Edited By Primez0ne
SightlessReality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joewell: But say someone suggests something that's better for your ideas. Also everything will have prices so you might not be able to make your ideal team.

Joewell911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sightlessreality: Meh. I rather have full control over my team, with no prices. It'd go much faster if we did it my way too.

DedmanWalkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By DedmanWalkin

@primez0ne:

All of your wheel of timers are out. They have abilities that make them difficult to beat. Gray Men could singlehandedly win most battles.

The Dora Milaje are cool though.

@firestormfate1919:

I'll take the Atlanteans from that list, the rest have things that would make them too powerful.

@joewell: You are correct it would be faster if I just let you pick but it would also gives me better control over what is and what is not within reason. This ultimately leads to less possibility for imbalanced teams. You would be surprised how innovative you can be when working with limited options.

This also helps weed out some of the people with limited attention spans.

Of you suggestions:

Crew: Nevermore ( RWBY ), DUP ( Infamous Second Son ), Yuyan Archers, Evolved ( Prototype )

Venue: Northern Air Temple is a good idea.

@dedmanwalkin: My additions

Crew

Mandalorians (Death Watch), Shield Agents, AIM Scientists, Hydra Operatives, ARC Troopers, IG-86 Droids, Droidekas, B2 Super Battle Droids, EM-208s, Mirakuru Grunts (Arrow), Chitauri, Dark Elves (Thor: TDW), Immortal Soldiers (FMA:B), Zombies (WWZ), Zombies (TWD), Spartans (Halo),Space Marines (Mass Effect), Real World Special Forces, NYPD, Russians (Red Dawn), Xenomorphs, Predators (Blooded), Killer Rabbit (Monty Python and the Holy Grail), Hand Ninjas, Firebender Soldiers, Earthbender Soldiers, Metalbender Cops, Waterbender Warriors, Equalists, Kyoshi Warriors

Party

Venue- Cinderella Castle (Disney World/Land), White House, Buckingham Palace, Ewok Village, Empire State Building, Stark Tower, Hagia Sophia, Spiral Minaret, Kremlin, the Citadel (SW)

Sound System-

Supplies

Vehicles- Mass Produced Knightmare Frame, ED-209, M1A1 Abrams Tank, Moocy (One Piece)

Items- EE-33 Blaster Rifle, Captain Cold's Gun (CW), Golden Glider's Gun (CW), Chainsaw, Holy Hand Grenade, RPG-7, Carbonadium Melee Weapon, Adamantium Ammo, Magic Samurai Sword (47 Ronin), Widow's Bite, Iron Man Repulsor (Movie)

Oh, and 4:20, blaze it

Bolded things are okay.

Underlined things have already been suggested.

Strikethrough things are out.

@skit said:

Crew:Cog Soldier, Theron Elite/Palace Guard, Elite(halo), Licker(RE) and ODST soldiers. I might add more

Venue/The Road: These are all acceptable!

Sound System:The Orb and Kenny Loggin's suitcase

Vehicles: Rat Truck, Raven and Centuar(Gears of War), Gurkha armored vehicle(real life)/Insurgent(GTA V), Transportpanzer, Lenco BearCat

Supplies: Drawing a blank right now

Bolded things are okay.

Underlined things have already been suggested.

Strikethrough things are out.

Joewell911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dedmanwalkin: Fair enough.

Nevermore are giant birds that shoot feathers and has good durability. A video showing their feats is on YouTube, just look up RWBY vs Nevermore. I'd post it but I'm on mobile.

Skit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DedmanWalkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joewell: Probably no on the Nevermore, they are way too durable.

DedmanWalkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@skit: Thanks for the information, everything seems cool.

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Jacthripper

@dedmanwalkin:

Immortal Soldiers are essentially zombies with no organs, they can "die" but they don't feel pain, and they're bloodthirsty.

I don't actually know anything about Space Marines, just have seen them used before.

Hagia Sophia and Spiral Minaret are real places, I believe religious in nature

The Citadel is a Jedi Prison surrounded on two sides by lava, making entrance obvious.

Moocy is a gladiatorial bull, it essentially is capable of batting humans like flies, but was recently killed by Doflamingos clones bullet string.

The Knightmare frame is essentially a robot, carrying a very large machine gun. It can wreck tanks easily, due to its better maneuverability.

Joewell911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dedmanwalkin: Awh. Okay. I'll be back with more suggestions if I think of any.

Primez0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dedmanwalkin: To be fair anyone with a sensor could detect a Grey man and they aren't impossible to detect by sight since they have been detected by several characters before. Also they would lose to most of the troops here using standard equipment due to only wielding knives and not having any skills/training. If you still don't like them though then that's fine.

Gholams could be taken out with explosives but fair enough. Same about the Asha'man.

Primez0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Primez0ne
DedmanWalkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@primez0ne:

How strong are these Bloodknives?

Sectoids seem fine but Mechtoids will have to be vehicles.

@joewell: Cool, I'll tag you when the store is up.

@jacthripper: Everything except the Space Marines is cool until you can get me more information.

Primez0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dedmanwalkin: They aren't any stronger than comicbook peak human. Probably a little weaker actually.

DedmanWalkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dedmanwalkin: Space Marines are apparently Warhammer, I feel dumb

Here is the respect thread

http://www.comicvine.com/profile/strider92/blog/space-marines-respect-thread/92848/

Primez0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is this dead already?

DedmanWalkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jacthripper:
40k Space Marines are too much.

@primez0ne: Of course not, I always leave about a week for suggestions and then let people build their teams. This is only 4 days old. I'll likely send out a call for more suggestions in the next day or so and then open up team construction like sunday or monday.

But I am glad you are interested! :)

Avatar image for deactivated-5e556e1661ac3
deactivated-5e556e1661ac3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dedmanwalkin: A few questions/ideas from an interested lurker, sorry if this comes off a little crazy.

At the end of the OP you mention that most crew members will cost between 1 & 10, are you just going to declare the costs, or do you have a formal you can create and disclose so that interested participants can get a ball park idea of what kind of forces they can be expecting to buy. I would think obviously that something around the level of Ultimate Captain America would cost 10, but where would say an average human riflemen stand on the scale?

Could you buy crew members that cost less then 1 point? If I wanted to fill a large portion of my ranks with countless numbers of weak fodder creatures such as LotR Goblins.

Would you consider limiting the number of factions that would could pull things from, as well as no or limited repeat factions choices among participants? Just as a way to discourage people from drawing from the same unit combinations, and would lead to more unique team compositions.

Up to how large of arenas can we expect to fight over? Will fuel & ammunition be considered in finite amounts?

Possible Venue/Roads,

Osgiliath, Dead Mashes (Both LotR), any rural part of New Zealand really, the Ardennes (because something that's not New Zealand)

DedmanWalkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@remnet: Good questions!

Anything that is near the limits will be 10s while low end guys will be 1s. Nothing will be less than 1 point. Assuming you mean modern military infantry, they'd likely be a 4.

In my experience no one chooses the same anything. Everyone has their own preferences and strategies so very rarely do I see similar builds. Some things will likely be picked by most for whatever reason but it doesn't compromise anything. Since everyone has access to everything, no one can gain any real advantage.

Arena size will be dependent on Venue Size, the Road will be 5 miles long separating the venues like this:

[Venue 1] === [5 Mile Road] === [Venue 2]

Fuel and Ammunition will be limited for Crew and Vehicles. Top Bros get unlimited fuel and ammunition though.

Suggestions approved.

DedmanWalkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mistertapman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By mistertapman

Troops: OWCA (Organization Without a Cool Acronym)

Venue: Phineas and Ferb's Backyard Beach.

Sound System: That Announcement System on the Subways. (not every suggestion can be a cool suggestion, you need cheap stuff too, right?)

Vehicles: The Flying Car of the Future Today! (it pulls a little to the right)

Items: Agent Perry's Hat. (that thing has so many uses, dude)

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Jacthripper
Avatar image for deactivated-5aba78567e8b5
deactivated-5aba78567e8b5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Troop suggestions: Hex Droids(SW) Droidika(SW) Spider-droid(SW) Imperial Guards(SW) Maladian Assasins(SW) Nightsister Zombies(SW) The Sickness Zombie(SW) Talons (Batman vs Robin) Cybermen (Doctor Who) Cave Trolls (Lotr)

And that's all I got for now

Avatar image for deactivated-5aba78567e8b5
deactivated-5aba78567e8b5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Some more suggestions:

Troops: Krogans(ME) Geth(ME) Sith Knights (SW) *they aren't actual Sith* Republic Commando (SW) Rancor (SW) Rancor-Dragon (SW)

Venues: Tython Jedi Temple

No Caption Provided

Shao Kahn's Arena

No Caption Provided

Kame House

No Caption Provided

Sound System:

Three sea shells

No Caption Provided

A Jedi Holocron

No Caption Provided

The Piece of Resistance

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-5e556e1661ac3
deactivated-5e556e1661ac3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dedmanwalkin: Shall there be any further developments upon this frontier?