Debunking the Wank: Comic Feat Fact Check

This topic is locked from further discussion.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#301  Edited By slimj87d

@Killemall said:

@SlimJ87D: While the first part i agree, the Black Adam part i do not. Saying Superman cant fight FTL because he has never fought FTL sounded correct, but saying Superman cant go FLT because Black Adam (a completely unrelated character) cant go FTL sounds a little off to me. Is there some instance that confirms they are at the same speed level, because superman has shown a nanosecond reaction time, and has many instances of blitzing characters, some with superspeed, while Black Adam and Captain Marvel simply dont.

Again, read my post to bane. He can have nanosecond reaction time, mathematically it all makes sense in my other post. Just like how we have millisecond reaction times, it doesn't mean we exist in a time where seconds are milliseconds.

And a comparison between the two characters is simply due to the people they have fought, even each other. One has never completely overwhelmed each other or moved at speeds the other cannot preceive. Flash outran and disappeared in front of SUperman's eyes, he's someone we can accept that is marginally faster than Superman. Black Adam, MM, WW, Captain Marvel, Superman have all traded blows and yet none of them has moved or disappeared before the others eyes. Not enough to shift the order of mangtidues by the 100s. There is no way Superman has outperformed Black Adam at 100 to 200 times the speed, and that's teh speed he would have to outperform black adam if he combats at FTL.

Hyper_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#302  Edited By Hyper_God

@CadenceV2 said:

Squirrel Girl beat Dr. Doom and Thanos. Spider Man KO Firelord. AvX in general.

The Thanos instance is ambiguous as in a She Hulk comic(written by the same guy who wrote the Squirrel Girl incident) , it was revealed that Thanos had perfected his cloning technology to the point that it could fool even the most Cosmically aware beings(ala Uatu the Watcher) .

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#303  Edited By Pokergeist

@Floopay said:

@CadenceV2 said:

@Floopay said:

@CadenceV2 said:

@Floopay said:

@CadenceV2 said:

@CitizenBane: True that. My point is what was said to be fact and then PIS and WIS (different writers of different titles) mess it all up.

Example. AvX. We know Namor would spank Thing. We know Mags would spank IM. We know Iceman would spank Rulk. It doesnt happen at all that way.

So the Skrulls being beaten by good guys is to me a showing of PIS and the simple fact Good Guys win no matter what.

I just wanted to point oyt Black Bolt Skrull power looked legit and the New Avengers books confirm Skrulls are "suppose" to be equal if not better.

Supposed to be doesn't mean they are. In fact, you claim PIS, but the Skrull claiming them to be equals, seems to be more of their own hubris than anything. Yes, the Skrull clones sometimes have displayed powers that their originals either can't do, or are unaware they can do. Jessica Drews is a good example of that one. However, more often than not, the Skrull clones of whomever they are cloning, are defeated by their counterpart.

To me, that proves that if anything, they are less powerful than the original. Yes, they may have full awareness on how to use their powers, or may even have extra powers. But that means nothing if those extra powers are less potent than the originals. Black Bolts clone seemed to give a full shout and shattered what? A good chunk of the moon.

Black Bolts himself could distort time/space with a full blast. A mere whisper can be enough to decimate landscapes depending on his mood. I have my doubts that the Skrull clone was anywhere near him, especially seeing as it looked like the Hulk one shot him. The skrull can claim their superiority all day, but the facts don't support their claims. And why should they not claim superiority? All races in comics seem to claim to be the superior race more often than not, why would the Skrull be any different?

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Well considering Electra Skrull proved to be the equal. Example was Echo felt only Electra would kill her. Electra Skrull did.

Also look at the original Super Skrull. 4 F4 Powers and all are equal to them.

Also look at Spider woman. Her Powers as I proved were BETTER than the Originals.

Captain America Skrull fought Spider Man, Kazar, Sabu, and Kazar Girl at the same time! He was put down by Blow Darts from Kazars little tribe while fighting 3 Super Powered foes and a Skilled Chick.

Point is there is more proof and solid proof in the Skrulls who had more than a cameo than the ones that were key parts of the Secrete Invasion.

Yet at the same time I remember Miss Marvel trouncing through several Skrull clones of super heroes, including one of the Hulk She was able to grab him and drag him into space. Now this was while she was having troubles re-activating her Binary powers. Again, there are a lot of Skrull clones, and there have been a few powerful ones, mostly the mixed skrulls who have multiple people's powers. But more often than not they are beaten or destroyed.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

And Doctor Doom is always beaten even with Beyonders or Galactus Power. Squirrel Girl beat Dr. Doom and Thanos. Spider Man KO Firelord. AvX in general.

The fact Ms Marvel trounce so many is to showcase good guys winning. The Skrulls cant win... at all. So it means little to me when a Big Sloppy Event like that is handled that way. My Facts stand as the Skrulls said as much and in Bendis Story (He came up with the stupid event) showcase that the Skrulls were equals if not better.

Otherwriters and Artist have the Good guys smaking them around like jokes.

At least my Facts have Narrated and Dialogue along with accurate showings vs the Assumption base on Showings by Bias Writers and sake of Good Guys winning.

So your stand here is even though they are beaten more often than not...they are still more powerful than their originals? I don't see how that makes sense. They are consistently being beaten by their counterparts, and yes there are many instances of them being equals, and sometimes even seem superior. However, in the past 50 years there have been so many skrull defeats that I would say it's more inconsistent for them to WIN or be BETTER than it is for them to be weaker than the originals. There are probably reasons why sometimes they come out better than other times, and it may have even been explained in comics. However, I think more often than not the superior Skrull Clones tend to be more amalgam than direct clones. That is, they have more in them than just one person's set of powers.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

That's the thing Floopay. The Past defeats or showings don't matter at all when they have Brand New Abilities, Tech, and Magic.

Its like Comparing Classic Thor to Rune King. 2 totally different animals. Consistency doesn't matter when they never use this type of Cloning Power and Skill before. The Standard is set from New Avengers issue 1 to the end of Secrete Invasion.

The Standard showed the Skrulls are exact copies in Skill, Power, and Memories of the Originals. Some Skrulls had more powers. Some had Hyper Powers over the Originals.

There was 3 types of Skrulls. Those sent undercover (Exact Copies like the Electra, Black Bolt, and Cap Skrull) , those sent as enforcers (ones with Multi Powers and they were spank hard) , and then those that had Uber Showings with hyper Powers (like Skrull Queen).

Black Bolt was a Undercover exact Copy that fooled the Inhumans and even Inhuman Psychics. He was a exact copy on the Genetic level and Memory level.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#304  Edited By Pokergeist

@Hyper_God said:

@CadenceV2 said:

The Thanos instance is ambiguous as in a She Hulk comic(written by the same guy who wrote the Squirrel Girl incident) , it was revealed that Thanos had perfected his cloning technology to the point that it could fool even the most Cosmically aware beings(ala Uatu the Watcher) .

More reason why Thanos is the Man. I wonder if he have Clone Problems like Doom had with his Doombot?

DocFatalis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#305  Edited By DocFatalis

@CadenceV2 said:

@Hyper_God said:

@CadenceV2 said:

More reason why Thanos is the Man. I wonder if he have Clone Problems like Doom had with his Doombot?

There's actually a whole mini series about his clone problems, including the one where he mixed a half of his DNA with a half of Galactus' DNA.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#306  Edited By dondave

@CitizenBane:Wouldn't Wally running at the speed of light in a city have adverse effects on the environment and that was why people like Superman and Martian Manhunter only flew at Mach 10 in earth's atmosphere

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#307  Edited By Saren

@dondave: The Speed Force prevents any of those adverse effects. It's basically one giant plot device of a power source.

Scarlet_Spyder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#308  Edited By Scarlet_Spyder

@dondave said:

@CitizenBane:Wouldn't Wally running at the speed of light in a city have adverse effects on the environment and that was why people like Superman and Martian Manhunter only flew at Mach 10 in earth's atmosphere

He has the speedforce aura which protects him and the world in general. The speedforce hax as I like to call it.

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#309  Edited By Floopay

@CadenceV2 said:

@Floopay said:

@CadenceV2 said:

@Floopay said:

@CadenceV2 said:

@Floopay said:

@CadenceV2 said:

@CitizenBane: True that. My point is what was said to be fact and then PIS and WIS (different writers of different titles) mess it all up.

Example. AvX. We know Namor would spank Thing. We know Mags would spank IM. We know Iceman would spank Rulk. It doesnt happen at all that way.

So the Skrulls being beaten by good guys is to me a showing of PIS and the simple fact Good Guys win no matter what.

I just wanted to point oyt Black Bolt Skrull power looked legit and the New Avengers books confirm Skrulls are "suppose" to be equal if not better.

Supposed to be doesn't mean they are. In fact, you claim PIS, but the Skrull claiming them to be equals, seems to be more of their own hubris than anything. Yes, the Skrull clones sometimes have displayed powers that their originals either can't do, or are unaware they can do. Jessica Drews is a good example of that one. However, more often than not, the Skrull clones of whomever they are cloning, are defeated by their counterpart.

To me, that proves that if anything, they are less powerful than the original. Yes, they may have full awareness on how to use their powers, or may even have extra powers. But that means nothing if those extra powers are less potent than the originals. Black Bolts clone seemed to give a full shout and shattered what? A good chunk of the moon.

Black Bolts himself could distort time/space with a full blast. A mere whisper can be enough to decimate landscapes depending on his mood. I have my doubts that the Skrull clone was anywhere near him, especially seeing as it looked like the Hulk one shot him. The skrull can claim their superiority all day, but the facts don't support their claims. And why should they not claim superiority? All races in comics seem to claim to be the superior race more often than not, why would the Skrull be any different?

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Well considering Electra Skrull proved to be the equal. Example was Echo felt only Electra would kill her. Electra Skrull did.

Also look at the original Super Skrull. 4 F4 Powers and all are equal to them.

Also look at Spider woman. Her Powers as I proved were BETTER than the Originals.

Captain America Skrull fought Spider Man, Kazar, Sabu, and Kazar Girl at the same time! He was put down by Blow Darts from Kazars little tribe while fighting 3 Super Powered foes and a Skilled Chick.

Point is there is more proof and solid proof in the Skrulls who had more than a cameo than the ones that were key parts of the Secrete Invasion.

Yet at the same time I remember Miss Marvel trouncing through several Skrull clones of super heroes, including one of the Hulk She was able to grab him and drag him into space. Now this was while she was having troubles re-activating her Binary powers. Again, there are a lot of Skrull clones, and there have been a few powerful ones, mostly the mixed skrulls who have multiple people's powers. But more often than not they are beaten or destroyed.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

And Doctor Doom is always beaten even with Beyonders or Galactus Power. Squirrel Girl beat Dr. Doom and Thanos. Spider Man KO Firelord. AvX in general.

The fact Ms Marvel trounce so many is to showcase good guys winning. The Skrulls cant win... at all. So it means little to me when a Big Sloppy Event like that is handled that way. My Facts stand as the Skrulls said as much and in Bendis Story (He came up with the stupid event) showcase that the Skrulls were equals if not better.

Otherwriters and Artist have the Good guys smaking them around like jokes.

At least my Facts have Narrated and Dialogue along with accurate showings vs the Assumption base on Showings by Bias Writers and sake of Good Guys winning.

So your stand here is even though they are beaten more often than not...they are still more powerful than their originals? I don't see how that makes sense. They are consistently being beaten by their counterparts, and yes there are many instances of them being equals, and sometimes even seem superior. However, in the past 50 years there have been so many skrull defeats that I would say it's more inconsistent for them to WIN or be BETTER than it is for them to be weaker than the originals. There are probably reasons why sometimes they come out better than other times, and it may have even been explained in comics. However, I think more often than not the superior Skrull Clones tend to be more amalgam than direct clones. That is, they have more in them than just one person's set of powers.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

That's the thing Floopay. The Past defeats or showings don't matter at all when they have Brand New Abilities, Tech, and Magic.

Its like Comparing Classic Thor to Rune King. 2 totally different animals. Consistency doesn't matter when they never use this type of Cloning Power and Skill before. The Standard is set from New Avengers issue 1 to the end of Secrete Invasion.

The Standard showed the Skrulls are exact copies in Skill, Power, and Memories of the Originals. Some Skrulls had more powers. Some had Hyper Powers over the Originals.

There was 3 types of Skrulls. Those sent undercover (Exact Copies like the Electra, Black Bolt, and Cap Skrull) , those sent as enforcers (ones with Multi Powers and they were spank hard) , and then those that had Uber Showings with hyper Powers (like Skrull Queen).

Black Bolt was a Undercover exact Copy that fooled the Inhumans and even Inhuman Psychics. He was a exact copy on the Genetic level and Memory level.

Yet he was one shotted by the Hulk and a full blast from him was nowhere near the same level as the real Black Bolts. Again, if we go by the consistency of Black Bolts power level, even if he's not putting his all into a full scream, it should be many times more powerful than what that Skrull Clone managed to produce, and his durability should have been much higher as well.

Even in Secret Invasion, the only Skrull that gave BRB and Thor any difficulty was the Godkiller, the rest might as well have been cannon fodder.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Scarlet_Spyder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#310  Edited By Scarlet_Spyder

@CitizenBane said:

@dondave: The Speed Force prevents any of those adverse effects. It's basically one giant plot device of a power source.

And he gets it in a split second before I can. My hat is off to you sir=)

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#311  Edited By Pokergeist

@Floopay: Floopay Classic Thor Lifted the serpentine that was twice the weight of the earth easy. Current Thor needed help from BRB to lift barely a state size Land Mass.

Again I see no proof that that specifically says WWH took less than a Full Blast equal to if not more from BB. Nowhere does it say that but Speculation. However I have Proof that specifically says and shows BB Skrull was equal if not more so.

I have proof not speculation of = if not + were inconsistent past showings is being used a Speculative answer.

Im done with this. I'm just going to agree to disagree.

X_insignia1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#312  Edited By X_insignia1

i'm surprised no one mentioned the jean grey white phoenix "holding the universe" feat from HCT.....

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#313  Edited By Floopay

@CadenceV2 said:

@Floopay: Floopay Classic Thor Lifted the serpentine that was twice the weight of the earth easy. Current Thor needed help from BRB to lift barely a state size Land Mass.

Again I see no proof that that specifically says WWH took less than a Full Blast equal to if not more from BB. Nowhere does it say that but Speculation. However I have Proof that specifically says and shows BB Skrull was equal if not more so.

I have proof not speculation of = if not + were inconsistent past showings is being used a Speculative answer.

Im done with this. I'm just going to agree to disagree.

They lifted ALL of Asgard, as Asgard is a floating island and is affected by gravity...

As you can see, Asgard isn't exactly state sized...and it's suspended above something that has it's own gravitational pull. Also, they didn't struggle very much, and didn't "Lift" Asgard. If you read the comic they clearly hold it until it begins to levitate again. The entirety of it's weight comes down on their shoulders, and they hold it for awhile, both look very much serious, but neither really look strained. Moments later, Asgard lifts itself again. I dunno why you are bringing this up with me but okay...

Asgard feat

Thor and Beta Ray Bill catch it, and hold it for awhile

Asgard becomes the floating city once more, After Thor and BRB catch it

As for the REAL Black Bolts scream...

Here's Whisper....

Here's just a word from Black Bolts

Black Bolts as a baby

I've seen Black Bolts go toe to toe with the Hulk before. The fact that the clone was KO'd in one shot clearly shows the clone was weaker. Black Bolts has annihilated mountains and cities with less than a whisper. Yet in WWH, his whisper barely kicked up dust off the surface of the moon....He may have mentally been identical to Black Bolts, but he was vastly inferior. He may have even been genetically the same, but the fact remains he showed no signs of being able to tap into Black Bolts power source at the same level. That is a fact.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#314  Edited By Saren

Why do people keep posting that feat where Black Bolt lolwtfpwns Apocalypse? It's not canon.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#315  Edited By Pokergeist

@Floopay: Or he maybe was victim to WWH PIS. Dr. Strange lost with the Power of Zom who should have erased hulk from Existance.

Point is? For all intents and purpose that was a full scream whether it looked like it should be or not.

Ill will go on a limb and even say WWH took on a Holding Back BB Whisper. Who said he was going all out anyway?

My point the facts are SAID and PRINTED that the BB Skrull was indeed a 100% Copy in powers. Everything else is Fan Speculation.

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#316  Edited By Floopay

@CadenceV2:

He does go all out, and blows away a portion of the moon with his scream. It happens like 3 scans later. That Skrull Clone may have been a 100% copy, but his power levels are proven to be well below the regular Black Bolts. The Skrull tried to use Black Bolts before and failed to do so, in using him as a power source of sorts. I don't see why they would have needed to do so if they could have just copied him anyway. And again, he was one shotted by the Hulk, someone who has has gone toe to toe with before.

Maybe he was a full copy, maybe not. But the plain and simple fact is he obviously couldn't tap into Black Bolts power source to the same degree, which means he wasn't as powerful. Someone can be 100% genetically identical and even mentally identical and be different. That's a biological fact as well.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#317  Edited By Pokergeist

@Floopay: Im still pretty sure in the Comics they were meant to be 100% exact wether its realistic or not. :)

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#318  Edited By Floopay

@CadenceV2 said:

@Floopay: Im still pretty sure in the Comics they were meant to be 100% exact wether its realistic or not. :)

Doesn't matter whether or not it's supposed to be, it matters what happens. Characters get passed from writer to writer all the time, and writers are always changing their minds on what a character is supposed to be. That is why we don't debate on what could have been, or what should, have been. We argue about what did happen, and what was shown. And what we saw was a Black Bolts Skrull Clone who wasn't able to measure up to Black Bolts on a bad day. If he had some inconsistent high showings and low showings, it'd be a different story. But he didn't, he had a couple awful showings, and then someone tried to pass him off as Black Bolts equal, and he wasn't.

We've seen Skrull clones measure up, but not consistently. It's easy to remember the 10 or 12 that were on par, but it's also hard to forget the cannon fodder in Secret Invasion, or that Miss Marvel beat down like nobodies business. Or that the Fantastic Four have constantly clashed against. The Amalgam clones seem to do very well, that is, the ones with powers from multiple people. But again, it's easier to get lost in the cool ones that measured up than it is to get hung up on the cannon fodder that didn't measure up.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

DCsuperman0007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#319  Edited By DCsuperman0007

mitt Romney lost you stupid fuck.

Avatar image for rudebomberboy01
RudeBomberBoy01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#320  Edited By RudeBomberBoy01

Bit harsh!

Hksaru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#321  Edited By Hksaru

The only speed/reaction feat for Hulk I ever see posted is where he tags Quicksilver. That feat is alike to Ozymandias catching a bullet - Quicksilver, being a stupid child, ran straight for Hulk (a little to his left) allowing Hulk to subconsciously (unlike Ozy) note his trajectory. I think in the scan it might even be apparent that Hulk's eyes are not on Quicksilver at all, but I'm not 100% sure.

Just checked that and looks like Hulk did have his head turned to QS' direction. But again, he merely extended his arm out to the place QS was running to and just as much as Hulk hit him, QS ran into Hulk.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#322  Edited By Pokergeist

@Floopay: Again I pointed out at the time BB was the real BB. It wasnt till Secrete Invasion that he was outed (like many random heros were) to be a Skrull.

So before it was a LEGIT Feat and only now after Secrete Invasion is the Skrull (who I prove still 100% copy in powers, skill, and mind) blamed as being weaker.

So if Bendis didnt retcon BB as a Skrull during WWH years later will this feat still be easy as admissible?

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#323  Edited By Floopay

@CadenceV2 said:

@Floopay: Again I pointed out at the time BB was the real BB. It wasnt till Secrete Invasion that he was outed (like many random heros were) to be a Skrull.

So before it was a LEGIT Feat and only now after Secrete Invasion is the Skrull (who I prove still 100% copy in powers, skill, and mind) blamed as being weaker.

So if Bendis didnt retcon BB as a Skrull during WWH years later will this feat still be easy as admissible?

It would be considered PIS and could easily be a low end feat of his, yes. But it was retconned to a Skrull clone, which helps explain why he was so ridiculously weak.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Avatar image for binder_full_of_women
Binder_full_of_Women

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@beatboks1:

Your scans were already debunked. No I haven't responded to your post. So the next time follow the rules of the OP and I will. Everything you have decided to bother me with has already been debunked regardless of what you saw.

@Killemall: Step 1: Google

"A light nanosecond -- the distance light can travel in a billionth of a second -- is about 1 foot (about 30 cm)

"3.33564095 nanoseconds (approximately) – time taken for light to travel 1 metre in vacuum."

"1.0 nanosecond (1.0 ns) – cycle time for radio frequency 1 GHz (1×109 hertz), an inverse unit. This corresponds to a radio wavelength of 1 light-nanosecond or 0.3 m, as can be calculated by multiplying 1 ns by the speed of light (approximately 3×108 m/s) to determine the distance traveled."

The distance traveled by light in 1 ps (picosecond) = 0.299 792 458 mm

Radio waves travel at the speed of light, so the number of nanoseconds divided by 2 tells the radar unit how far away the object is!­"

Yes and light year has the word year in it. Apparently that means it measures time and not distance. Someone should really tell those pesky scientists that.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2011/05/110526-mini-black-holes-pass-through-earth-lhc-space-science/

"Instead, the study authors think that tiny black holes would behave very differently from their larger brethren in deep space, called astrophysical or stellar-mass black holes... At that size the black hole wouldn't swallow much matter and would instead mostly trap atoms and some larger molecules into circling orbits"

"the main behavioral difference between small and large black holes is what happens at the so-called event horizon, the closest an object can get to a black hole before it becomes impossible to escape. The larger and more massive a black hole is, the wider its event horizon. By contrast, the event horizon for a mini black hole is smaller even than the diameter of an atom. This means that a mini black hole can zip through an entire planet and still have very little chance of veering close enough to an atom for it to pass the event horizon."

You know how long it took me to find this information? 4 minutes. Instead of taking 4 minutes to research your claims, you decided instead to make things up; bother me with it despite me kindly asking you not to. Spamming my thread with captures and what i;m sure you think passes for science and math skills doesn't make you a science major.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#325  Edited By slimj87d

Actually light year is distance because what they mean is that it would take light 1 year to get there. Unit wise, it is

speed of light (distance / time) * year (time) = distance

That is the best way to describe light year.

Binder_full_of_Women

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Comic title, issue number, unedited scan. This provides proof of your claims, context of your claims; and eliminates the idiots who just spam pictures of feats who don't know if what they're posting is valid or not. What do I get instead? 4 pages of people arguing about science and poorly at that. You want to say superman can do this or that post a scan of him doing this or that. I'm sick of coming back to this thread and having it derailed with shit I've asked kindly for you all to keep out of here. You want to debate science and math do it in the PM. Do it in the threads you typically do it in. But it's not what I want in this thread. I don't care about your complaints about not being able to argue with people, take it to the private messages. This is why you cant have anything nice.

ximpossibrux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#327  Edited By ximpossibrux

@Binder_full_of_Women said:

Comic title, issue number, unedited scab. Provides proof of your claims, context of your claims; and eliminates the idiots who just spam pictures of feats who don't know if what they're posting is valid or not. What do I get instead? 4 pages of people arguing about science and poorly at that. You want to say superman can do this and that post a scan of him doing this and that. Im sick of coming back to this thread and having it derailed with shit I've asked kindly for you all to keep out of here. You want to debate science and math do it in the PM. Do it in the threads you typically do it in., But its not what i want in this thread. I don't care about your complaints about not being able to argue with people, take it to the private messages. This is why you cant have anything nice.

Hell yea!

I for one am glad someone took their time to debunk all this wank ^^

Avatar image for redlanternsuperman
RedLanternSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Comic title, issue number, unedited scab. Provides proof of your claims, context of your claims; and eliminates the idiots who just spam pictures of feats who don't know if what they're posting is valid or not. What do I get instead? 4 pages of people arguing about science and poorly at that. You want to say superman can do this and that post a scan of him doing this and that. Im sick of coming back to this thread and having it derailed with shit I've asked kindly for you all to keep out of here. You want to debate science and math do it in the PM. Do it in the threads you typically do it in., But its not what i want in this thread. I don't care about your complaints about not being able to argue with people, take it to the private messages. This is why you cant have anything nice.

Because you are the hero Comicvine deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So idiots will spam, but you can take it. Because your not our hero, your our wank debunker, the scan protector, a comic knight.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#329  Edited By Pokergeist

@RedLanternSuperman said:

Because you are the hero Comicvine deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So idiots will spam, but you can take it. Because your not our hero, your our wank debunker, the scan protector, a comic knight.

LOL LMAO I wish Cristopher Nolan could see this, he be proud.

Avatar image for super_soldierxii
Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

OP needs to start breathing through his nose.

People can debate what you purport to debunk in whichever way they want really. As long as they don't break forum rules and stay relative to the topic. To enforce otherwise borders on being a thread Nazi. Just because you OP'd the thread, doesn't mean you own it. It's a public forum. Personally, I could give a rats arse what you want in YOUR thread (It's not yours bud. Ya don't own it. Comic Vine does. Sorry.), as long as the aforementioned rules remain respected.

MuyJingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#331  Edited By MuyJingo

Silly people have stated that Superman can see to the end of the universe, apparently it is even stated in a comic. This is clearly absurd, so please debunk.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#332  Edited By ComicStooge

@MuyJingo said:

Silly people have stated that Superman can see to the end of the universe, apparently it is even stated in a comic. This is clearly absurd, so please debunk.

Silver age, dude.

Avatar image for speedforcespider
SpeedForceSpider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lol well said.

DocFatalis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#334  Edited By DocFatalis

@beatboks1:

Your scans were already debunked. No I haven't responded to your post. So the next time follow the rules of the OP and I will. Everything you have decided to bother me with has already been debunked regardless of what you saw.

@Killemall: Step 1: Google

"A light nanosecond -- the distance light can travel in a billionth of a second -- is about 1 foot (about 30 cm)

"3.33564095 nanoseconds (approximately) – time taken for light to travel 1 metre in vacuum."

"1.0 nanosecond (1.0 ns) – cycle time for radio frequency 1 GHz (1×109 hertz), an inverse unit. This corresponds to a radio wavelength of 1 light-nanosecond or 0.3 m, as can be calculated by multiplying 1 ns by the speed of light (approximately 3×108 m/s) to determine the distance traveled."

The distance traveled by light in 1 ps (picosecond) = 0.299 792 458 mm

Radio waves travel at the speed of light, so the number of nanoseconds divided by 2 tells the radar unit how far away the object is!­"

Yes and light year has the word year in it. Apparently that means it measures time and not distance. Someone should really tell those pesky scientists that.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2011/05/110526-mini-black-holes-pass-through-earth-lhc-space-science/

"Instead, the study authors think that tiny black holes would behave very differently from their larger brethren in deep space, called astrophysical or stellar-mass black holes... At that size the black hole wouldn't swallow much matter and would instead mostly trap atoms and some larger molecules into circling orbits"

"the main behavioral difference between small and large black holes is what happens at the so-called event horizon, the closest an object can get to a black hole before it becomes impossible to escape. The larger and more massive a black hole is, the wider its event horizon. By contrast, the event horizon for a mini black hole is smaller even than the diameter of an atom. This means that a mini black hole can zip through an entire planet and still have very little chance of veering close enough to an atom for it to pass the event horizon."

You know how long it took me to find this information? 4 minutes. Instead of taking 4 minutes to research your claims, you decided instead to make things up; bother me with it despite me kindly asking you not to. Spamming my thread with captures and what i;m sure you think passes for science and math skills doesn't make you a science major.

Well, you're proving exactly what Killemall told you for what concerns light years and nanosecond. A light year is the distance travelled by light in a year and a light nanosecond is the distance travelled by light in the billionth of a second. Which means that a light year is indeed a distance unit, but that a nanosecond (or a year for that matter) is indeed a time unit as long as you don't put the word "light" in front of it.

It took you 4 minutes to find the information, but apparently a tad bit longer to process it. A duration we could measure with nanoseconds (a lot of those) but not light years, because it is a duration, not a distance.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#335  Edited By Killemall

@DocFatalis said:

Well, you're proving exactly what Killemall told you for what concerns light years and nanosecond. A light year is the distance travelled by light in a year and a light nanosecond is the distance travelled by light in the billionth of a second. Which means that a light year is indeed a distance unit, but that a nanosecond (or a year for that matter) is indeed a time unit as long as you don't put the word "light" in front of it.

It took you 4 minutes to find the information, but apparently a tad bit longer to process it. A duration we could measure with nanoseconds (a lot of those) but not light years, because it is a duration, not a distance.

Lol i am glad someone pointed this out before i got a change to do so =)

Also, super, hyper LOL at the underlined part ;)

MuyJingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#336  Edited By MuyJingo

@ComicStooge said:

@MuyJingo said:

Silver age, dude.

Nope. Post Crisis.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#337  Edited By ComicStooge

@MuyJingo said:

@ComicStooge said:

@MuyJingo said:

Silver age, dude.

Nope. Post Crisis.

Maybe he can, maybe there's nothing to debunk.

MuyJingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#338  Edited By MuyJingo

@ComicStooge said:

@MuyJingo said:

@ComicStooge said:

@MuyJingo said:

Silver age, dude.

Nope. Post Crisis.

Maybe he can, maybe there's nothing to debunk.

Well, that's a useful comment. You're absolutely right, but since people have claimed it, I'd like to see some evidence. You know, that being the point of the thread and all.

Binder_full_of_Women

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"And nanosecond has always been a measure of speed :p and so has picosecond. Light year and parsec are measure of distance nanosecond and picosecond are NOT." Killemall

"A light year is the distance travelled by light in a year and a light nanosecond is the distance travelled by light in the billionth of a second. "DocFatalis

@Super_SoldierXII said:

OP needs to start breathing through his nose.

People can debate what you purport to debunk in whichever way they want really. As long as they don't break forum rules and stay relative to the topic. To enforce otherwise borders on being a thread Nazi. Just because you OP'd the thread, doesn't mean you own it. It's a public forum. Personally, I could give a rats arse what you want in YOUR thread (It's not yours bud. Ya don't own it. Comic Vine does. Sorry.), as long as the aforementioned rules remain respected.

The problem of course being this is not a debate thread, which has frequently been explained. Being a thread nazi? How is asking people to follow the rules of my OP being a Nazi? Is it ok to go into other threads ignore the rules the OP has set up and start debating about cookie recipes in a Thor thread? If you cant follow the rules I set up which are in place for a reason then dont post here. It's not an unreasonable request The only people who should have a problem with the rules I have set up, are people who know oly to spam scans they dont know the context too. Spam scans they don't know are accurate or not. But somehow I'm an unreasonable jerk for wanting to inform with evidence rather than have people argue for 4 pages with x times y = superman can move 5 jugs of koolaid

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#340  Edited By slimj87d

@Binder_full_of_Women: But this part of the forum is a debate forum. So if it's not meant to debate then you should move it to the general section or allow people to debate.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#341  Edited By Saren

You know how there's a difference between a light year and a year? Like, they describe two completely unrelated quantities, one being of distance and the other being of time? The same difference applies to a light nanosecond and a nanosecond. How hard could this possibly be to grasp?

Binder_full_of_Women

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@XImpossibruX said:

Hell yea!

I for one am glad someone took their time to debunk all this wank ^^

Thanks!! This is a lot of work, and I'm glad It's being appreciated. It just pisses me off, that a handful of people cant just follow the rules I have set up; Instead they would rather argue on why they shouldn't have to follow my rules, and then spam my thread for 4 pages with poorly applied physics. The rules of the op are designed to weed out nonsense. Who could complain about this, other than people who need to use nonsense to get their point across? The fact that the moderators aren't all that interested in helping me maintain control over this thread only annoys me even more. I'm almost to that point where I'm going to ask for the thread to be locked.

This made my day, you have my thanks lol.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#343  Edited By slimj87d

@Binder_full_of_Women: Again, this is a debate section of these forums. You can't just ask people not to debate here.

Binder_full_of_Women

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@SlimJ87D said:

@Binder_full_of_Women: But this part of the forum is a debate forum. So if it's not meant to debate then you should move it to the general section or allow people to debate.

Instead of people posting scans of superman destroying a planet, people are debating whether a moon can be considered a planet. Pictures have been shown of superman saying he isn't faster than light and several scans of him failing to out maneuver light. Instead of responding with similar evidence proving the opposite people are debating the physics of a black hole and poorly at that. If this is what people choose to debate in battle threads, they're free to do so, in the thousands of other threads out there. I don't want this in my thread. This thread is set up to help and inform, you are seeking to argue almost endlessly. This isn't the thread for you if this is how you get your jollies. My thread shouldn't be moved because some people cant present an argument with actual evidence to support their beliefs. My thread shouldn't need to be moved, people need to be moved. I've said before, the only people who should have a problem with the rules of my thread are people who rely on unreliable sources, misinformation and wanking. They can do that anywhere, I don't want it here. I don't want to debate on why you think it should be allowed here. Your concerns are noted. You should note the lack of F's I give about complaints on why people should be allowed to argue endlessly instead of providing the evidence I asked for in my OP. Its simple If you cant follow the rules of my op, then please post somewhere else. Because what passes for debating to some look a lot like wanking to me. This thread is called debunking the wank, not argue using wank.

Avatar image for czarny_samael666
czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Binder_full_of_Women

Pictures have been shown of superman saying he isn't faster than light and several scans of him failing to out maneuver light. Instead of responding with similar evidence proving the opposite people are debating the physics of a black hole and poorly at that.

Because light can't escape from Black Hole. If Superman would be able to, he would have to be FTL. It doesn't matter if You want to accept that or not.

If this is what people choose to debate in battle threads, they're free to do so, in the thousands of other threads out there.

Then You shouln't create a thread in debate forum. You should have create a blog or something like that. This thread is a mess, since half of Yours evidence doesn't prove anything at all. And if You thinnk that we will stop attcking that scans, just because You belive that You're alpha and omega, then You're wrong. And by posting here we all proved that.

This thread is set up to help and inform, you are seeking to argue almost endlessly

But it failed, since people proved that You were wrong in Your interpretation of these scans. You either are open to be criticize and change You OP when You're losing a debate or no one will take You or this thread seriously.

I've said before, the only people who should have a problem with the rules of my thread are people who rely on unreliable sources, misinformation and wanking.

You really belive in this? You can't just made a rule like: "Everyone who don't agree with me have to sh*t up!".

They can do that anywhere, I don't want it here.

Not our problem.
slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#346  Edited By slimj87d

@SlimJ87D said:

Instead of people posting scans of superman destroying a planet, people are debating whether a moon can be considered a planet. Pictures have been shown of superman saying he isn't faster than light and several scans of him failing to out maneuver light. Instead of responding with similar evidence proving the opposite people are debating the physics of a black hole and poorly at that. If this is what people choose to debate in battle threads, they're free to do so, in the thousands of other threads out there. I don't want this in my thread. This thread is set up to help and inform, you are seeking to argue almost endlessly. This isn't the thread for you if this is how you get your jollies. My thread shouldn't be moved because some people cant present an argument with actual evidence to support their beliefs. My thread shouldn't need to be moved, people need to be moved. I've said before, the only people who should have a problem with the rules of my thread are people who rely on unreliable sources, misinformation and wanking. They can do that anywhere, I don't want it here. I don't want to debate on why you think it should be allowed here. Your concerns are noted. You should note the lack of F's I give about complaints on why people should be allowed to argue endlessly instead of providing the evidence I asked for in my OP. Its simple If you cant follow the rules of my op, then please post somewhere else. Because what passes for debating to some look a lot like wanking to me. This thread is called debunking the wank, not argue using wank.

Superman can fly at the speed of light or greater. He cannot battle at the speed of light or use his limbs to run at the speed of light. I did some debunking also but you didn't see my post.

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles/7/debunking-the-wank-comic-feat-fact-check/712866/?page=14

But debating is fine, I debated for almost 2 or 3 pages with the scans I showed. it's the only way to get your point across and if you convince others it makes you more creditable.

BTW, where was the scan that says he's not faster than light? I need that to support further that he cannot battle at FTL.

Lastly, the hard part about debunking is having evidence that can't be contradicted. There are too many scans of Superman flying faster than light speed than there are of him not being able to do it. There are too many instances where Flash runs light speed and above and then he cannot. Citizenbane shared a scan of Flash running light speed all by himself and willingly risking himself with no ill effect. His post is here.

@CitizenBane said:

And as for the "Flash can't go faster than light because he'll enter the Speed Force and die" thing? I will admit that portrayals of that particular phenomenon are inconsistent. Some writers do in fact portray Wally as risking his own demise by exceeding light speed, some writers believe that rule can go to hell and Wally can run as fast as he wants. For example, here's Wally achieving superluminal speeds by using the Speed Force to do so and incurring no consequences. It takes him just two steps (by his second step he remarks that tachyon plankton explode and shoot back in time around him, tachyons are theoretical particles that always move faster than light, and unless Mass Effect has been lying to me, entering a "warp tide" implies FTL speed). He's not dying or suffering any adversities as a result of doing so.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

There are other examples as well but I can't dig right now. When Flash fought Zoom, he wasn't getting that speed boost to reach light speed ---- he was getting to reach light speed instantaneously, an edge he needed against Zoom. In that fight they circled the Earth a dozen times in less than a second, which is FTL combat seeing as light circles the Earth only seven times in a second.

@SlimJ87D: Still on the Ledger. I just have a few days with nothing to do.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#347  Edited By Lvenger

@SlimJ87D said:

@SlimJ87D said:

Superman can fly at the speed of light or greater. He cannot battle at the speed of light or use his limbs to run at the speed of light. I did some debunking also but you didn't see my post.

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles/7/debunking-the-wank-comic-feat-fact-check/712866/?page=14

But debating is fine, I debated for almost 2 or 3 pages with the scans I showed. it's the only way to get your point across and if you convince others it makes you more creditable.

BTW, where was the scan that says he's not faster than light? I need that to support further that he cannot battle at FTL.

And those were 2 of the best pages of actual debunking in this thread. BTW I did tell you I deferred to you in terms of Superman's FTL combat speed thing didn't I? Your posts were really convincing in showing he can fly at FTL speeds but not fight at them. Some actual proper debunking of feats made me regain hope before the OP showed up again.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#348  Edited By slimj87d

@Lvenger: Oh yeah. Well if you want something I can can you is that Superman can perform a devastating maneuver that would be more devastating than the Flashes IMP. If Superman can fly at FTL, that is his full body weight.

F=ma where mass is the most important in this scenario, so therefore that would result in a much more devastating blow than Flash who would only have so much mass behind his punch.

Another user and I called it the human bullet punch. Superboy-Prime example right here.

So there is something Superman can perform at FTL, he can most likely do what Superboy-Prime is attempting here since he can fly at FTL as well. But it's not something he can easily control. Like a jet fighter again flying a plane.

So that is a punch he could do against someone if he really wanted to. So here's a move you can use for Superman in a debate if you wanted to. But most fights with Superman don't allow him to leave the planet.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#349  Edited By Saren

Those Flash scans are from JLA Classified #11, just in case details are actually required even though it's a pretty straightforward situation.

Jayfournines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#350  Edited By Jayfournines

Man, I haven't seen a thread this funny since the ones made by Maj99