This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by Binder_full_of_Women (85 posts) - - Show Bio

The purpose of this thread is to debunk some popular comic feats which have become synonymous with the characters who performed them. Unfortunately most of them aren't true. I will provide the comic issue and number of the feats showing that the feats in question are out of context. Trying to get this information to other users is nearly impossible while in a debate, so instead i'll post that information here. If you disagree with what if i or what i hope would be other users have added, please counter with the comics issue and number. Unedited scans only. Have to keep this tread free of Liberal bias.

*Note to raging Liberals. I didn't write these comics, nor did I create these characters. Any and all claims I've made have come with a comic title, issue number and unedited for all to see. All of my responses come with reasoning, accounts for logic, past instances, character versions, etc. Any problems you might have should be taken up with the writers. If you cant provide the three things I've asked for, don't be shocked and dismayed when I write you off. If I give you half a dozen scans of Silver Surfer needing hyperspace to travel as Marvel has intended since the 80's then don't post scans from the 60's (before hyperspace was invited b marvel) and call me a liar. Cherry-picking and using and mix-matching feats doesn't make me a liar, nor will It sway me. It only makes you look desperate.

Directory

Superman pages 1, 3 , 7, 11

Flash Page 1

Invincible page 1

Beta Ray Bill page 8

Thor Pages 8, 11

World War Hulk page 1

Magneto Page 7

Silver Surfer page 7, 11

Thanks to all those who contribute

* Cool Thread I noticed http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles/7/debating-tips-and-tricks/700234/#75

Invincible

• Invincible flew threw a planet

A weapon was used to destabilize the planets core before they flew through it. It's stated that they would have died otherwise. Everyone near the explosion was either killed or injured.

Superman

• Superman held a mini blackhole in his hand.

Superman held a device that held a mini black hole. Atom discover a device containing a black hole the size of a dust particle. The device almost opens up but superman says that he stopped it before it could be released. Superman is strained from the small bit of gravity that got out before it was released.

• Superman can survive inside a black hole.

In the very few encounters superman has had with black holes in every instance it has been implied he would die if caught inside one. An artificial mini black hole was created and superman said his legs felt like they were being torn off being near it. He escapes from its pull and stops it by throwing a ship inside of it.

• Superman endured the pull of two black holes.

Superman was inside of a Stargate type wormhole created by starlabs that connected to another world. Superman surmised that it was created by creating two black holes that had a bridge between them (a rift in space).of space built between that would allow people to traverse light years. He and draxt were both stuck until superman accelerated to light speed.

• Superman survived a supernova explosion.

- Superman survived the destruction of a Star while inside it

• Superman can move planets and moons.

Superman has never moved a planet or a moon without aid. By himself he has failed to move moons equal, greater, and lower in mass than earths moon. Even with aid of a dozen Kryptonians.

- Superman failed to stop a moon even with a dozen Kryptonian's helping him.

- He struggles even with the aid of Wonder Woman, Green Lantern and a whole team of magic users.

- After being powered by Strange Visitor and a sundip he still struggled moving warworld which only the size of pluto (smaller than earths moon). Brainiac also states Kal normally wouldn't have the strength to move war world.

-Superman, Martian Manhunter and Wonder Woman never moved Earth. They failed, Kyle is the one who moved it.

• Superman is faster than light.

Perhaps the most prevalent Superman myth. But in reality Superman has never been shown to achieve faster than light speeds post Crisis. Trying to convince people of this in a debate is futile. Nevertheless the facts are the facts. A commonly used feat

- Nowhere in the picture does it state that superman is traveling faster than light. No indication of how long it took him to fly to the moon. In actuality the picture is stating that superman is not Superluminal. "Space bends around him at this speed time slows down." This is describing the process of approaching light speed. Dont take my word for it. Take NASA's

http://nimbleit.squarespace.com/simple-curiosity/2007/7/12/why-time-slows-down-when-approaching-the-speed-of-light.html

http://helios.gsfc.nasa.gov/qa_gp_sl.html#time

http://helios.gsfc.nasa.gov/qa_gp_sl.html#speedlight

- He says he's not Superluminal.

Superman v2 195
  • Superman has Superluminal combat speed.

- There doesn't appear to be any evidence of this.

Justice League of America 14

* Jashro44 has found scans of Superman moving faster than light speeds in Wonder Woman 219. Going by the statement by Maxwell Lord and the fact that he recorded their fight.

Flash

• Flash wins because he can go superluminal

Flash almost never goes superluminal because he knows he's screwed when he does. Every time Wally has gone Faster than light he gets sucked into the speed force and dies or gets time displaced. Make no mistake, i'm not saying he cant travel at faster than light speeds, just that it's useless to do so in a fight.

- Even when boosted in power to fight zoom, he only went light speed. It is also implied Flash needs to build up speed to reach light speed under normal circumstances.

- Nanoseconds and picoseconds are not superluminal speed feats. Nano and pico seconds are used to measure the distance light has traveled. I don't know why writers continue to use them in regards to speedsters in comics. But nevertheless they don't really make much sense.

Silver Surfer

• Silver surfer can survive in a black hole

- Silver surfer has never shown the ability to survive a black hole unaided. When he fought against Redshift he gave himself a temporary shield.

- When he met Singularity he was almost crushed by one.

#2 Edited by Laurcus (1289 posts) - - Show Bio

Interesting stuff. I have a question actually. Someone once told me that when Pre-Crisis Superman sneezed a solar system away, it wasn't done on his own power, but rather it was Mxyzptlk screwing with him. Confirm/deny?

Wow, this thread got stickied fast.

#3 Posted by Xanni15 (6743 posts) - - Show Bio

Conservatives can't spell.

#4 Edited by Strider92 (15257 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow Superman actually can't move at lightspeed? (I don't read Superman comics so its not surprising I didn't know this) thats still a very big urban myth though O.O

#5 Posted by AngryHulks (2965 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strider92 said:

Wow Superman actually can't move at lightspeed? (I don't read Superman comics so its not surprising I didn't know this) thats still a very big urban myth though O.O

I think he can at long distance, probably by means of automatically create wormhole or hyperspace. I mean, he travel light years in seconds. But I never believe that Superman can react faster-than-light in combat or reflexes, the best he could do in combat is probably 99.99% of light or simply just under light's speed.

#6 Posted by Vance Astro (90726 posts) - - Show Bio
@AngryHulks said:

@Strider92 said:

I think he can at long distance, probably by means of automatically create wormhole or hyperspace. I mean, he travel light years in seconds. But I never believe that Superman can react faster-than-light in combat or reflexes, the best he could do in combat is probably 99.99% of light or simply just under light's speed.

He can however move faster than most can think.
#7 Posted by Chaos Prime (10582 posts) - - Show Bio

Vote Obama!! O sorry wrong thread ;)

#8 Posted by LordOfAllHumans (3726 posts) - - Show Bio

Moondragon did not teleapthically control an entire planet, she subtly planted thoughts here and there improving communication among the worlds leaders.

#9 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (27325 posts) - - Show Bio

Liberal bias? This thread is already a joke after the first paragraph 

#10 Posted by Laurcus (1289 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

Liberal bias? This thread is already a joke after the first paragraph

By liberal bias, I don't think he's referring to a political party. I think he's just saying that the interpretation of information should be strict instead of loose. In other words, conservative instead of liberal. Those words have meaning outside of politics.

#11 Posted by Binder_full_of_Women (85 posts) - - Show Bio

@Xanni15 said:

Conservatives can't spell.

I will not let my thread be dictated by Spell Check.

@Laurcus:

Action Comics 273

It doesn't say if the magic powder caused him to sneeze or if it enhanced his sneeze. Inferring exclusively on Superman leaving the universe to sneeze i'd say it's the former

@Strider92: In all the instances I've seen, Kal has only approached or narrowly made it to light speed while in flight. His combat speed is less defined but IMO much slower.

#12 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (27325 posts) - - Show Bio
@Laurcus said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

By liberal bias, I don't think he's referring to a political party. I think he's just saying that the interpretation of information should be strict instead of loose. In other words, conservative instead of liberal. Those words have meaning outside of politics.

When have comics ever been strict? 90% is open to interpretation and changed through retcons and diffrent writers 
#13 Posted by Xanni15 (6743 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@Laurcus said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

When have comics ever been strict? 90% is open to interpretation and changed through retcons and diffrent writers

Or it might have just been a joke since the avatar is Romney.

#14 Edited by Binder_full_of_Women (85 posts) - - Show Bio

@Xanni15 said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@Laurcus said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

Glad somebody got it

#15 Posted by Laurcus (1289 posts) - - Show Bio

@Xanni15 said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@Laurcus said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

Don't I feel silly.

#16 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (27325 posts) - - Show Bio
@Binder_full_of_Women said:

@Xanni15 said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@Laurcus said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

Glad somebody got it

Sorry we'r not all versed in American politics 
#17 Posted by Binder_full_of_Women (85 posts) - - Show Bio

@LordOfAllHumans said:

Moondragon did not teleapthically control an entire planet, she subtly planted thoughts here and there improving communication among the worlds leaders.

Thank you for contributing. The comic is Avengers 219 if anyone wants to check for themselves.

#18 Posted by jashro44 (16462 posts) - - Show Bio

@Binder_full_of_Women:About superman not being able to move light speed are you talking about from 0 to light speed? Or he can't go light speed at all? Because during Dwayne Mcduffies run on justice league (not sure which issue) its stated that superman can go faster than light.

#19 Posted by dondave (26575 posts) - - Show Bio

@Binder_full_of_Women:I thought in a JLA comic superman flew 10 times the speed of light

#20 Edited by God_Spawn (35980 posts) - - Show Bio

I made a blog to cover WWH as a lot of the end results get misconstrued. I'll post it here but if you want me to delete the post, I will.

Hulk defeated the X-Men.

Yes, Hulk beat the X-Men but considering the whole team was full of people who weren't threats, is it really an accomplishment? The only available powerhouses were Rockslide, Colossus, Strong Guy, Juggernaut and Warpath. And the only other people that was really capable of hurting Hulk was Cyclops and Wolverine.

Rockslide is a 70 tonner so of course he is no threat. Strong Guy got overloaded and Warpath is a 25 tonner. He could do nothing.

Cyclops- Max with visor on was enough to damage Hulk but not enough to stop him.

Colossus being the only 1 of 2 solid class 100 characters didn't do more than lay a few hits which did nothing and in the end got his arms bent.

Wolverine- Severely weaker than the Hulk and could do no lasting damage to Hulk, of course Wolverine would get brain damaged.

Juggernaut- The only real threat here but due to Charles' intervention asking him to stop, not only distracted Cain but then when he ended up running through a wall and not turning around when he could have despite Charles' pleas does not give Hulk the win.

Defeating Black Bolt

Black Bolt was a skrull which are typically weaker than their regular versions. Hulk did not beat the real thing so therefore the feat can be omitted.

Defeating Iron Man

Typically I would say Hulk can beat Iron Man, even in Hulkbuster armor, but here Tony prepped for the encounter and has an actual way to win. But did Hulk beat a prepped Iron Man? Nope. Iron Man's prep involved nanites designed to supress superhuman powers. When they were sabotaged, the opportunity to stop Hulk was altered and Tony then got owned. An outside plot device stopped Tony from defeating the Hulk in the story and allowed the story to move on.

Defeating Reed Richards

So in all of this mess, the best he could come up with is a fake light that imitates Sentry's aura to try and calm Hulk down? So he didn't have a teleportation device to BFR Hulk, a gamma energy siphoner, or some time of containment field lying around or he couldn't have made one? Good job, Reed, you deserved the beat down you got for being stupid. Oxymoron right there considering Reed could have and should have a better device lying around or he could have made a better one, especially if he had T'Challa helping him.

Defeating Thing

Despite Thing's best efforts he couldn't damage Hulk enough. He walked over him and Thing wasn't a threat.

Defeating She-Hulk and Ares.

More characters that weren't threats, nothing to really be proud of. It was the same for most people Hulk faced. No one could just simply stand up to him.

Defeating Dr. Strange

Then we get someone who can. Zom Strange. So while Zom Strange was battering Hulk beyond belief, a plot device comes in. Strange realizes he is slipping and stops fighting allowing Hulk to beat him. So Hulk beats a guy that was kicking his butt around who stops fighting. Not really a win.

Defeating Ghost Rider

Some even say he beat Ghost Rider. He handled GR at first only due to Blaze acting as a saftey. Ghost Rider went unhinged and then....ran off. He ran off because the Illuminati were guilty. So we build up this epic point to where he would have beaten Hulk...but he rides away. Not a win.

Defeating Hercules

Some say Hulk beat Hercules in WWH....but what happened...wait for it....PLOT SHIELD!!! Hulk beat a Hercules who let him win. Whether you think Herc can't beat Hulk is irrelevant because the point is to show another instance of a fight involving a factor that let Hulk win...yet again.

Defeating Sentry

Here it comes...the infamous Sentry face punching contest. So for starters, Sentry wasn't exactly at full stability. What that means is Sentry's powers wain a bit similar to Gladiator's but not to that degree. Sentry wanted Hulk to actually hit him in the beginning hence why he is saying more. Sentry's primary objective in that fight was to defeat Hulk but also to let go for once. He purposely let Hulk hit him so he could have a chance to let loose. He then proceeded to brawl with Hulk despite having multiple reactionary and speed feats that put Hulk's to shame. If Sentry was actually trying to take Banner down, Hulk wouldn't have had any chance to touch him. So, if you actually think this is a truly legit fight, then think again. Sentry was not only hampered, was willingly letting Hulk bash him in the face, he still ended up stalemating him and both burned out, but it was Banner (not Hulk) still standing. Then another plot device with Rick getting stabbed and Banner Hulking back out to become WBH etc.

#21 Posted by Lvenger (16009 posts) - - Show Bio

@Binder_full_of_Women: Two things. One don't insult liberals, I think myself liberal minded. Secondly, Superman's flown to the sun in seconds with Darkseid when it takes light 8 minutes to reach the sun. Although many people consider Superman beating Darkseid absurd, the flying into the sun thing isn't.

#22 Edited by Binder_full_of_Women (85 posts) - - Show Bio

"If you disagree with what if i or what i hope would be other users have added, please counter with the comics issue and number."

@jashro44 said:

@Binder_full_of_Women:About superman not being able to move light speed are you talking about from 0 to light speed? Or he can't go light speed at all? Because during Dwayne Mcduffies run on justice league (not sure which issue) its stated that superman can go faster than light.

I've heard rumors that Dwayne Mcduffie has stated Static is as powerful as Magneto. *shrugs* In most of the comics I've looked over Post Crisis Superman has no Superluminal feats of speed in Superman 191 Kal struggled to accelerate up to Light speed to escape a rift in space.

@dondave said:

@Binder_full_of_Women:I thought in a JLA comic superman flew 10 times the speed of light

If a picture of this existed, one would think it would be easy to find. I haven't found it. And if you learn the comic issue i will look it over.

@Lvenger:

No indication of time or speed is given. Superman flew Darkseid to the moon while moving slow enough to have a conversation with him the whole way there.

#23 Posted by Xanni15 (6743 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lvenger said:

@Binder_full_of_Women: Two things. One don't insult liberals, I think myself liberal minded. Secondly, Superman's flown to the sun in seconds with Darkseid when it takes light 8 minutes to reach the sun. Although many people consider Superman beating Darkseid absurd, the flying into the sun thing isn't.

It was a joke, the account is making fun of Romney so obviously they have nothing against Liberals.

#24 Posted by Strider92 (15257 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn said:

Defeating Ghost Rider

Some even say he beat Ghost Rider. He handled GR at first only due to Blaze acting as a saftey. Ghost Rider went unhinged and then....ran off. He ran off because the Illuminati were guilty. So we build up this epic point to where he would have beaten Hulk...but he rides away. Not a win.

THANK YOU! So many people think Hulk can beat GR because of this when in reality if Johnny wasn't holding back he would win without a ton of trouble.

#25 Edited by Vance Astro (90726 posts) - - Show Bio

World War Hulk was full of plot devices and bad writing. It's honestly the only way it would make any sense. Unless they had Banner work together with the Hulk persona from a scientific standpoint. 

#26 Posted by God_Spawn (35980 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strider92: No probs. The issue was Ghost Rider 13 of the WWH Tie ins.

As far as the rest of the issues go in general.

WWH- X-Men 2 & 3

WWH main book issues 2-5.

And I can't remember the issue for the Hercules and Black Bolt comment though.

#27 Posted by GunGunW (996 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol I saw this thread on AnimeVice a few hours ago.

#28 Posted by Xanni15 (6743 posts) - - Show Bio

@dondave said:

If a picture of this existed, one would think it would be easy to find. I haven't found it. And if you learn the comic issue i will look it over.

I think they might be referencing Justice League of America #30.

#29 Edited by buttersdaman000 (8796 posts) - - Show Bio

The effort is appreciated but some of your claims about Superman are false. For one, off the top of my head I remember him achieving faster than light speed when escaping the radiation from the entropy bomb(?) in action comics 847(Although its stated in the next panel or so it wouldve caught him soon due to him being drained by red sun radiation). Also, the whole New Krypton saga was a joke and Superman's power level, and other Kryptonians, were all out of whack in that story.

#30 Posted by DCsuperman0007 (515 posts) - - Show Bio

@Binder_full_of_Women: you have NO idea what you are talking about you have a fitting profile pic.

#31 Posted by Owen_Porter (83173 posts) - - Show Bio

In Justice League Elite #12 doesnt Batman say it took Superman under a minute to fly from Earth to the Sun and back to Earth? Wouldn't that be faster then light? I suck at math but I'm pretty sure it takes Light 8minutes something seconds to reach the Earth....

#32 Posted by AngryHulks (2965 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambler said:

In Justice League Elite #12 doesnt Batman say it took Superman under a minute to fly from Earth to the Sun and back to Earth? Wouldn't that be faster then light? I suck at math but I'm pretty sure it takes Light 8minutes something seconds to reach the Earth....

I think that's long-distance travel (via hyperspace or wormhole), it's the combat speed (which many believes to be faster than light) that they're trying to debunk.

#33 Posted by Owen_Porter (83173 posts) - - Show Bio

@AngryHulks said:

@Gambler said:

I think that's long-distance travel (via hyperspace or wormhole), it's the combat speed (which many believes to be faster than light) that they're trying to debunk.

Possibly, but from what I gathered in the OP, he's talking about Superman achieving Lightspeed period.

• Superman is faster than light.

Perhaps the most prevalent Superman myth. But in reality Superman has never been shown to achieve faster than light speeds post Crisis. Trying to convince people of this in a debate is futile. Nevertheless the facts are the facts. A commonly used feat

#34 Posted by jashro44 (16462 posts) - - Show Bio

@Binder_full_of_Women: Understandable. Here is a more clear cut indecent though if you want of superman flying at faster than light speed.

From wonder woman 219. He flies wonder woman to the sun and maxwell lord says the fight took place in 1 minute and 44 seconds.

#35 Posted by Owen_Porter (83173 posts) - - Show Bio

@AngryHulks: But just in case it is talking about Combat speed. In Wonder Woman #219, the infamous Superman/Wonder Woman battle, is said to have lasted 1 minute 54 seconds. So again, if it takes Light 8minutes to travel to Earth, and Wonder Woman and Superman's fight lasted only a minute plus (and they went to the Sun and back) then I gotta say they were both fighting at lightspeed. Not saying it isnt PIS or its ridiculous, just pointing out that it happened.

#36 Posted by Owen_Porter (83173 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44: Badass, you had scans.

#37 Posted by jashro44 (16462 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambler: Thanks all though I actually copied and pasted the scans from post in the black adam and superman vs mr.majestic so there actually his scans.

#38 Posted by minigunman123 (3116 posts) - - Show Bio

Don't forget Batman kicking the Spectre.

Also, what about Thor being a galaxy buster? I've heard rumors of this.

Also, what about all the times Deathstroke has touched or even harmed Flash? Shouldn't Flash be able to just... perceive his attacks and run away? Is this worth debunking?

#39 Posted by Malevolent1 (1072 posts) - - Show Bio

Too funny. I can think of certain fans that are going to look really silly. Very informative. While feats can still be argued in terms of strength and speed, it's also a cautionary: rarely can comic feats be reconciled with real world physics, if ever.

I love this. To the OP: nicely done.

#40 Posted by Owen_Porter (83173 posts) - - Show Bio

-Superman, Martian Manhunter and Wonder Woman never moved Earth. They failed, Kyle is the one who moved it.

Are you sure they "never moved it" cause from page 41 (where they are seemingly moving it) to page 45, there is a large gap, especially when you read the text. Page 41 they're only worried about how long Wonder Woman's lasso will hold, and then suddenly we jump four pages and they're talking about how the job is done but how? They were losing it. So we're they in fact moving it and then began to run out of steam? Theres nothing there that says they werent moving the Earth at all. Only that in the end Kyle was the one who put it in place. That doesnt mean it was never moved to begin with.

#41 Posted by Vance Astro (90726 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gambler said:

Are you sure they "never moved it" cause from page 41 (where they are seemingly moving it) to page 45, there is a large gap, especially when you read the text. Page 41 they're only worried about how long Wonder Woman's lasso will hold, and then suddenly we jump four pages and they're talking about how the job is done but how? They were losing it. So we're they in fact moving it and then began to run out of steam? Theres nothing there that says they werent moving the Earth at all. Only that in the end Kyle was the one who put it in place. That doesnt mean it was never moved to begin with.

Can't fool the Cajun.
#42 Posted by Killemall (16958 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambler said:

I assume you are talking about his scan

#43 Edited by Binder_full_of_Women (85 posts) - - Show Bio

"If you disagree with what if i or what i hope would be other users have added, please counter with the comics issue and number. Unedited scans only." This thread was created to debunk rumors not spread them. It's time consuming trying to find the information i need to add to this thread without having to defend the ones I've already posted. So it's helpful to me if you all would add the comic, the issue number and the scans in question unedited. That way I could at the very least know the feat in question actually exists. Then i will verify context and go from there. I can't make a lot of post a day, and some of you are just making accusations of me being misleading without having anything to support you. Typical 47%. I don't mind doing requests but i'm not going to keep giving handouts by doing all the work for you. Typical 47%.

@buttersdaman000 said:

The effort is appreciated but some of your claims about Superman are false. For one, off the top of my head I remember him achieving faster than light speed when escaping the radiation from the entropy bomb(?) in action comics 847(Although its stated in the next panel or so it wouldve caught him soon due to him being drained by red sun radiation). Also, the whole New Krypton saga was a joke and Superman's power level, and other Kryptonians, were all out of whack in that story.

I hadn't realized someone thinking a story arch is poorly written could correlate with the truthfulness of my claims.

- In actuality the electromagnetic shock wave from the bomb was light speed and it hit Superman. That should be sufficient enough to show he was not moving at superluminal speeds. The speed of the radiation that followed was unknown. But on the following page, PA Kent was able to talk to his son as he rescued him, it's very unlikely that it was traveling at light speeds. It is worth mentioning he was tired.

@Xanni15 said:

@dondave said:

I think they might be referencing Justice League of America #30.

Superman didn't fly 10 times faster than light in Justice League of america 30. He flew just below light speed.before being incapacitated by shadow double of the moon.

@Gambler: a.) Bruce made an unsubstantiated guess. The speed at which Superman was traveling was not stated. Neither was the time it took him to travel from London to the Sun and back again.

b.)Those pages focused on the rest of the JLA fighting evil and saving lives.

@jashro44: I'll check it out when I get home from work. If it checks out I'll add a citation to my op and give you credit.

#44 Posted by Killemall (16958 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambler: a.) No such statement was made.

Might i ask you to re-read the first scan you have posted.

#45 Posted by jashro44 (16462 posts) - - Show Bio

@Binder_full_of_Women: All right.

#46 Edited by buttersdaman000 (8796 posts) - - Show Bio
@Binder_full_of_Women:  
Its implied that the radiation is moving at light speed and it shows Clark avoiding it. THEN, on the next page Papa Kent makes his statements when it seems the radiation is about to catch him.... 
And yes, a poorly written story arch is reason to ignore some of your claims. You see right here that Clark is taking continuous red radiation, yet in New Krypton thousands of Kryptonians lose their powers almost instantly when exposed to it? Yeah .... 

Edit: I meant next page
#47 Edited by Soothing_Sounds (1718 posts) - - Show Bio

@buttersdaman000: I think it was the shockwave that was fast as light, and the shockwave hit him. I think what Binder is insinuating is that the radiation didn't have a set speed, only a set power level. Whether the ball moved as fast as the shockwave wasn't stated, i'm pretty sure they were set off at the same time though, so that would mean that the radiation wasn't as fast as light. That's how i think about it, but i'm probably wrong :P

#48 Posted by buttersdaman000 (8796 posts) - - Show Bio
@Soothing_Sounds:  
But on the next page Papa Kent implies that the radiation is as fast as light and Clark wouldn't be able to avoid it for long due to his fatigue. However, you do have panels of Superman flying away from the radiation which in turn means he was at some point going FTL. If he wasn't then that radiation would've got him. And as for the shockwave, I just see that as Clark tanking something he didn't need to avoid....or maybe it was just too sudden (The bottom panel implies that he had time to react to the radiation)
#49 Posted by xxxddd (3428 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strider92 said:

Superman has flown FTL.

He has flown to another solar system in a short amount of time in Superman: For: Tomorrow #1 by Jim Lee.

#50 Posted by Lvenger (16009 posts) - - Show Bio

@xxxddd said:

@Strider92 said:

Superman has flown FTL.

He has flown to another solar system in a short amount of time in Superman: For: Tomorrow #1 by Jim Lee.

Just as a heads up the OP will probably say that an undisclosed amount of time passed between Superman flying from Earth to the other solar system.