#153  Edited By renamed040924
Jokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#154  Edited By Jokergeist

@nickzambuto: What gave you the impression that was a recommendation? Don't assume things <3

Joewell911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155  Edited By Joewell911
Jokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156  Edited By Jokergeist

@joewell: Oh. Lemme read your Opening Post...

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#157  Edited By TifaLockhart

I'm game for constructive criticism.

HigorM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#158 HigorM  Moderator

@jokergeist: hey clown, go chat somewhere else! how about that huh?

Same to you @decoyelite !!

This is the Debaters RATING Thread, so, we´re supposed to ASK for or GIVE ratings, are we clear?

:D

Jokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@higorm You got it! This thread is for "Giving" and "Asking" only!

So @decoyelite what's your opinion on the weather lately?

Avatar image for homicidalmaniac
homicidalmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Anyone free to give the time to rate me.I can take it.

Joewell911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HigorM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162  Edited By HigorM  Moderator
Avatar image for thetruebarryallen
TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

If anyone desires a rating, just tag me in the post & be sure to link some of your debates, I dislike having to creep amongst your profiles to find evidence of your debating ability.

I may not get back to you ASAP due to the fact that I've got plenty of responsibilities outside of the Vine but I'd love to try and help everyone here as much as I can.

homicidalmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164  Edited By homicidalmaniac
TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@homicidalmaniac:

I assume that you mean this?

From reading through that my biggest suggestion is that you work on formatting in terms of your argument & responses. You picked some good examples for Spiderman to combat Cole's attacks in the Electro Scans, but the way that you had it organized made it hard for me to follow.

In that argument your foe, Pope, had really great formatting, listing Cole's powers & abilities rather neatly.

For your responses I always like just copying small parts of my opponents argument at a time and responding to those, usually typing it out in bold print or italics. When reading through that debate I often found myself wondering what each scan was being used for, you had a small description underneath each one but it was still a tad difficult for me.

Utilize the picture side by side image function instead of piling them on top of each other. If you have several bullet dodging feats place them all side by side and possibly put them in a spoiler block, that way the threads don't get filled with a bunch of pictures and people have to search around to find the meaty parts of the debate.

As this is the only debate of yours I've read it's mostly an organizational issue, sometimes the grammar was a little off but nobody is perfect :)

You're a decent debator, and I can't really give a full assesment on your abilities without seeing more of your work, which I hope to see in the future!

homicidalmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thetruebarryallen: I also did CAV Grey Hulk Vs Alex Mercer with Pope525.I'm currently against Pope for the final time and it Superman Vs Goku CAV.

TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@homicidalmaniac: I'll keep my eye out for those posts and do a re-assement sometime :)

Judging by the one debate I did look at the votes were really close, so you did something right and it was a great debate.

homicidalmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@kidman560: Thank you, perhaps most of times i support Marvel because i know more about it. Actually, i've only read Kingdom Come from DC... And now i don't remember it that much... It was some of my father's not so old comics.

Anyway, me supporting Marvel is different than actually ignore everything and just blindly claim it wins. I consider myself quite a reasonable guy when it comes to battles. However, i really disgust when people claim a character wins by the wrong reasons, most of times involving lowballing along with it, even though that character truly wins.

Angryprune

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170  Edited By Angryprune

I'm not new but I don't post allot

@Jokergeist did you see my match against Veitha?

HigorM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171  Edited By HigorM  Moderator

@joewell: ok here is my rate for you my friend:

Looking back to our fights and others that you have been into I could see that most of the time you don´t seem quite confident in a way you could support your characters no matter what, the key is to pick characters you have great intimacy so you can explore them better. Some times it´s look like your adversary knew better than you about your own characters team. Also search and research your adversary characters when you don´t know them much so you can be able to say he can or can´t do that, otherwise you will not know if what he is saying is truth or not.

The fight against Veitha was a clear example that you didn´t use one of your characters main potential considering that the location could favor him greatly..

Also, another advice would be improve your strategy skills, which I consider the most important part of a debate. Try to come up with a solid game plan without going too far otherwise people will call it impossible so you have to be reasonable and stick with your characters capabilities. I always try to build a team of characters where one complements the other which end up "boosting" them somehow, or at least choose characters that work well together when chemistry is required.

That´s all I have to say man :)

Joewell911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@higorm: Thanks alot!

And i will definitely take the advice.

HigorM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 HigorM  Moderator

@joewell: no problem, glad I can help :)

Jokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Jokergeist did you see my match against Veitha?

Nope!

Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175  Edited By Dredeuced

I don't need a rating, I already know I'm garbage tier.

Jokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Angryprune

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Jokergeist

Go rummage through my stuff you'll find it there

Jokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@angryprune: I refuse to do any rummaging! YOU find it, not me! xP

Angryprune

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would, but, i'm on a tablet

NighThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

Someone , rate me again.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If anyone wants my opinion feel free to ask. But let me myself crystal clear, I will be brutally honest. So if you do ask me, expect me to definitely tell you everything I see you doing right, but expect me to tell you everything I see wrong, as well. Now, you can like me or hate me for the things I might say, but take what I say to heart and actually review how you debate and see if it clicks. And take note that I've been here for 3 years and I've seen the ones they call the best on the vine get up and leave. And I've seen the new batch of users come on and I've seen them think they are great and other people think they are great, but I only see a few of them actually make it to that previous level. A good majority of people can be a great debater, and trust me when I say you can because I've seen debaters that were horrible and biased and they made good debaters of themselves, and I've seen the ones that were great just end up being some of the worst. The most important thing to know is the fact that we don't always start good. I've been there and this is a place of knowledge, so if you expect to be good I expect to eventually see accuracy as you develop. If you ask me how you are and I don't answer it most likely means I'm still making up my mind.

So...do I have everybody's attention now?

meh i'd rather be judged by @jashro44.........

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@laflux: @higorm: I will see what I can do in a day or two. Apologies this is taking so long.

HigorM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183 HigorM  Moderator
Dratini1331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jokergeist's Guide to Proper Debating

Step 1) Have Scans.

Example of a scan
Example of a scan

Often times when you're at a grocery store at the shopping checkout, it gets quite annoying when item scans are missing. The cashier lady says "where's the scans?", and you unresponsively left them at home! So always remember to bring scans wherever you go. It's key to being a great debater.

Step 2) Don't take things personally.

We're currently in a battle zone, I mean we're in a battle forums, and sometimes tempers can rise. If someone rudely insults you during a debate, well you know what they say: "Take the bitter with the sweet!"

...and that translates to "throw bittersweet fruits at your opponent for being rude."

Step 3) Keep a decent tone.

The internet is awful because you don't know the tone of voice in which you're supposed to be reading a post. So make it easy for everyone and hit that Caps Lock button on the left side of your keyboard. THIS WAY YOUR VOICE SEEMS TO BE SPOKEN CLEARLY AND ORALLY APPEALING TO READ. LIKE MARTIN LUTHER KING JUNIOR.

Step 4) Be a good sport.

You can BE any sport in the world! You can choose to be Soccer and kick your opponent to reach your goals. You can choose to be Baseball and whack him with a bat. You can choose to be Boxing and punch him in the face. Regardless of which you choose, always remember to be a good sport.

Step 5) Grammer.

it never herts to make shur you're grammer is top noch beefor you reply to a thred or make a post. Sumtimes its hard to fokus on the poynts sumewon is mayking if you can hardly reed what they've ritten. Though nevr make fun of sumwons grammer in a debate, use it as an oppertunity to teech them, but dont make part of you're deebayt a corekshun of their werds.\

Step 6) Organization.

We're all humans, and we need our internal organs to live. That's why it's important to see a doctor monthly to check up on your organs. Always keep your vital organs in check, which includes your brain, heart, lungs, kidneys, liver, and spleen. If any of these fail, you will die. And you cannot debate properly when you're dead. So always remember to be organized.

Sincerely,

No Caption Provided

This. Also, Spoiler blocks make my life so much easier, they're beautiful. If you're posting an 8 section essay with 80 scans, use some blocks so the page doesn't freeze up when I load it T.T

Avatar image for thedarklordpandamonium
Thedarklordpandamonium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44:

Can you rate me too when you are done please <3

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Esquire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187  Edited By Esquire

@god_spawn Your promise of brutal honesty piques my interest. I haven't been around to debate much of late, but I'm curious to hear your opinion if you've seen enough of me.

Cooldes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

just dropping in to see if i've been mentioned....

...nope :(

homicidalmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cooldes: Well your a decent debater and you should back up links,videos,and links that back up what your talking about.

Cooldes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190  Edited By Cooldes

@homicidalmaniac: speaking of links...

can you link me to your CaVs? like the goku vs supes and the spidey one? i've never done a CaV so i'd love to see some of yours. btw from what i've seen so far if you(not very much .-.) you're a pretty good debater :) and an even better battle creator! :D like really good. i know because i suck at creating battles xD

homicidalmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191  Edited By homicidalmaniac
Cooldes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

homicidalmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193  Edited By homicidalmaniac

@cooldes: If you want to say that.1400th Post

Cooldes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

homicidalmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cooldes: You gotten little lazy in posting and now I will try to surpass Ghostravage someday.

Cooldes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@homicidalmaniac: i have! but that's just because of the lack of battles that i can add to .-. like OP and sentry and MK etc

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

@laflux: @higorm: I will see what I can do in a day or two. Apologies this is taking so long.

Haha no worries, that was more a jab at @god_spawn than actually calling you out to rate me. Though doing so would be nice, I've made no secret that I think your one of the premier street level debaters here, and probably the best Spider-Man debater along with @strider92

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers