Debaters Rating Thread

cdiddyman911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

@cdiddyman911: thanks buddy hahah that math Lmfao oh god yeah I need schooling hahah

But I'd give you a 7 overall but you're a 9 with iron fist

Thanks!

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1054  Edited By Wolverine008
renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's been short thus far, but I would like for you guys to rate this CaV I'm in right now.

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles-7/cav-wolverine-wolverine08-vs-cyclops-comicstooge-1549700/?page=2

Your post on it's own is fantastic, just an absolutely terrific explanation of how skilled Wolverine is at martial arts. You seriously know the character's history, and you know how to convey those facts to people who might be completely ignorant. Since you started posting here, I've noticed an internal boost in respect I have for Wolverine's fighting ability.

However, that said, in the context of the CaV, you should have responded to comicstooge's actual argument. Your entire argument is almost pointless because CS showed that Cyclops' optic blasts will destroy Wolverine almost as soon as the battle begins.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08 said:

It's been short thus far, but I would like for you guys to rate this CaV I'm in right now.

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles-7/cav-wolverine-wolverine08-vs-cyclops-comicstooge-1549700/?page=2

Your post on it's own is fantastic, just an absolutely terrific explanation of how skilled Wolverine is at martial arts. You seriously know the character's history, and you know how to convey those facts to people who might be completely ignorant. Since you started posting here, I've noticed an internal boost in respect I have for Wolverine's fighting ability.

However, that said, in the context of the CaV, you should have responded to comicstooge's actual argument. Your entire argument is almost pointless because CS showed that Cyclops' optic blasts will destroy Wolverine almost as soon as the battle begins.

Aw, thanks for the compliment man. I really appreciate it. In regards to Stooge's argument, I was essentially playing offense and setting up one of Wolverine's advantages in the fight. I guess I'll go on the defensive now and show how James can deal with the optic blasts :)

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08 said:

Oh yeah, just made my recent post if you want to check it out. Be warned, it's beauty may cause blindness if viewed in excess.

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#1058  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

@nickzambuto said:

@wolverine08 said:

Aw, thanks for the compliment man. I really appreciate it. In regards to Stooge's argument, I was essentially playing offense and setting up one of Wolverine's advantages in the fight. I guess I'll go on the defensive now and show how James can deal with the optic blasts :)

No Caption Provided

Feels like the point of the CAV is being undermined if you're getting advice on how to debate better in the middle of it. If the point is to see who argues their point better and judge the winner solely off what they bring to the conversation, you shouldn't be getting any input during it. That's my less than humble opinion.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buckshot: Honestly, I think you do really have a good point there.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

@buckshot: Honestly, I think you do really have a good point there.

Ain't nothing wrong with getting a little advice, bro. You would've gotten to it eventually anyway. :)

BEYONDERGOD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

hm so we just randomly debate for ratings?

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

That's not true. We also try to ignore the existential horror of it all.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I think the point of the thread actually is to ask people to judge your debating skills, hopefully they could give you constructive criticism. Perhaps something that will help you debate better.

HigorM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1064  Edited By HigorM  Moderator

@beyondergod: the reason is explained in the OP. Did you read it?

YoungJustice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killemall: I thought you left? A nice breath of fresh air seeing you around.

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@higorm: can i get a rating, ill post links if i need to

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1067  Edited By Killemall

I was away for a month, work related purpose.

I cant leave comicvine, given the number of comics i read, this is what keeps me sane. Honestly without comicvine, and no where to talk about comic book stuffs, i would go crazy :p

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#1068  Edited By Lvenger

@youngjustice said:

I cant leave comicvine, given the number of comics i read, this is what keeps me sane. Honestly without comicvine, and no where to talk about comic book stuffs, i would go crazy :p

Same for me. I'm probably going to take a leave of absence for essay deadlines and university exams but I do like this place, crazy and heated as it can be. And nice to see you back on here, haven't seen you in the cosmic battle threads that much though :P

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#1069 frozen  Moderator

@youngjustice said:

Comics are a pool of infinite knowledge.

HigorM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1070 HigorM  Moderator

I can do it, but right now I'm real busy, sorry. If you don't mind waiting, post the links and the rate will come as soon as possible.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1071  Edited By Killemall

@lvenger said:

. And nice to see you back on here, haven't seen you in the cosmic battle threads that much though :P

Thats more to do with lack of opportunity than anything else :)

Havent had any thread to spark a long debate.

@frozen said:

Comics are a pool of infinite knowledge.

Words to live by ;)

Out of curiosity you remember our Kyle vs Thor debate, which was what about 3 years ago. Assuming you are the same frozen, you are the one who got me into reading Kyle. Not sure if you would remember.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1072  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@killemall:

Out of curiosity you remember our Kyle vs Thor debate, which was what about 3 years ago. Assuming you are the same frozen, you are the one who got me into reading Kyle. Not sure if you would remember.

Perhaps it could have been me, I've spoken to you before - do you know the thread's title?

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@higorm: when you have time rate me please

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles-7/cav-jacthripper-vs-stealth-warrior-1553286/?messageId=11712774#js-message-5

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles-7/black-bolt-vs-green-lantern-1552309/#155

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles-7/new-52-lobo-street-vs-ultimate-green-goblin-1554021/#0

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles-7/temugin-vs-karate-kid-1551325/#2

HigorM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1074 HigorM  Moderator

@killemall: I'm not the same after our last debate.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@higorm said:

I hope our heated debate didnt scary you beyond redemption, that was like one of the most (in not the most) cut-throat debate i have ever been a part of.

That being said, would you like me to rate you now? I am a little busy atm but if and when i do get time this week i can read your recent post to try and rate you.

BTW rate me too if you can, there are some pretty lengthy posts if you wanna give it a read.

@frozen said:

@killemall:

Perhaps it could have been me, I've spoken to you before - do you know the thread's title?

Sorry no.

Its easy to see if it were you, how knowledgeable are you with Kyle and say Green Lantern in general.

Because while the debate was about 3 years ago, and my comic book knowledge was very limited, but if that was you hats off for that debate (assuming it was you). From a guy who knew nothing about GL, it was that debate and those lost list of scans (all posted as giant image, none of them group as i remember) is what got me into GLs in the first place.

I think you had some character as your icon, who was glowing brightly, perhaps about to blow up or something.

HigorM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1076 HigorM  Moderator

@higorm said:

I hope our heated debate didnt scary you beyond redemption, that was like one of the most (in not the most) cut-throat debate i have ever been a part of.

That being said, would you like me to rate you now? I am a little busy atm but if and when i do get time this week i can read your recent post to try and rate you.

BTW rate me too if you can, there are some pretty lengthy posts if you wanna give it a read.

Not at all mate, it's just that, after it, I realized how sketchy I was. The heated part made me see that I still have a long journey ahead.

So, yes, please, I do accept your rate, and I will be more than flattered to rate you back. Thank you.

Also, taking the opportunity, I would like to apologize @frozen for our unfinished CaV (my fault), I did not forget, but right now I just can't deal with it. Sorry.

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am yet to receive a got damn rating!

Holy crap...I meant to do this a week or two or three ago...

However, I did read some of your debates, and I'll be honest, you are one of the better debaters on this site. You are solid in your debates, your thoughts are well formulated, and you generally have the all important proof to back your ideas.

You get a thumbs up my friend=)

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@wyldsong said:

@i_like_swords said:

I am yet to receive a got damn rating!

Holy crap...I meant to do this a week or two or three ago...

However, I did read some of your debates, and I'll be honest, you are one of the better debaters on this site. You are solid in your debates, your thoughts are well formulated, and you generally have the all important proof to back your ideas.

You get a thumbs up my friend=)

Ah, thanks man! I wouldn't say I'm near some of the best guys on this site, but I'm getting there gradually. Cheers.

Avatar image for cosmicallyaware1
cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 46

@cdiddyman911: Heh. Pretty interesting. I think that as of right now, you're somewhere between a 6.5 and a 7.5. Focus on equally using explanation along with scans in your debates and improving your character knowledge, and you;ll be good to go. You've got potential, man.

ooooh, ooooh me next please!!!!

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@higorm: So here is a honestly to goodness rating, without sugar coating anything. I went through your forum history, but i personally didnt find overt changes. I , however, have always seen you are a pretty solid debater, i think i would rank you somewhere between 8-9 out of 10, but leaning more close to 8 as opposed to 9 (something like 8.2, or 8.3 out of 10).

Thats just my honest rating.

Well i know you didn't ask me, but because i am free and have nothing better to do here a rating for you. I think your arguments are logical, and you are obviously passionate about debating and comic book character in general, but from the limited post i have seen i don't think you are overtly knowledgeable in the character you debate and the fact that you are generally on phone and cant post scans does something tends to hamper your ability to actually convince people.

While i see some nice potential (you seem reasonable in accepting you might be wrong, or that someone else debating with you might no better, thats a massive massive advantage, i dont you a lot of it has been realized. Sadly i would rate you somewhere between 6-7, leaning more towards 6 than 7 (6.2).

I think your weakness isnt that you are a bad debater, its often you arent overtly knowledgeable in the character you debate, which simply means you are going to get a lot better as time goes on and you gather more and more information on characters you debate about.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08: Since you are rating people here, i would appreciate if you could rate me too. Its nice that you are to the point guy, so should you get time, be blunt about it. Anything you see wrong and anything you see i can improve on, just hold nothing back.

And FTR, i think your debating prowess fluctuates between street level tier and powerhouse, which is understanable because i have the exactly same problem. I would rather you extremely highly on street level debater, somewhere close to 8-9 (leaning more towards 9, so yeah something like 8.7 , 8.8) really, not so high on cosmic power houses perhaps a 6.5 (which i think is because you aren't as knowledgeable with these characters but you get into the threads anyways).

And just for the heck of it, 10/10 on your trolling skills :p

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killemall: Woah... I'm kind of shocked by your high rating of my street level debating because I think you're one of the best guys on here. You are completely right in regards to my powerhouse debating. My knowledge there is kind of so, and it does somewhat show itself in my debates,but I am getting better there, and I'd like to say that I've learned a lot in that regard from you. In regards your debating, I think you along with guys like Saren, Jasho44 are legitimately pushing around the 10 area debating wise. You're knowledge in the area you debate in is thoroughly impeccable, and you're always making solid points, and are one of the most unbiased guys here. I'd also note that you're one of the few users here that know how to use bios in conjunction with feats almost flawlessly along with @ghostravage. They aren't the be end of your arguments, but you know how to use them to add the extra "umph" to the entirety of your points. The only thing I can criticize you about is slip ups in grammar/formatting. You get lazy in that area at times, and it makes your posts a little hard to read here and there since you pack a lot of info when you're debating. Considering how strong your points are, it'd be good to make sure they're perfectly decipherable.

And yes, I am the best troll there is:

No Caption Provided

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1083  Edited By ComicStooge

@killemall: Woah... I'm kind of shocked by your high rating of my street level debating because I think you're one of the best guys on here. You are completely right in regards to my powerhouse debating. My knowledge there is kind of so, and it does somewhat show itself in my debates,but I am getting better there, and I'd like to say that I've learned a lot in that regard from you. In regards your debating, I think you along with guys like Saren, Jasho44 are legitimately pushing around the 10 area debating wise. You're knowledge in the area you debate in is thoroughly impeccable, and you're always making solid points, and are one of the most unbiased guys here. I'd also note that you're one of the few users here that know how to use bios in conjunction with feats almost flawlessly along with @ghostravage. They aren't the be end of your arguments, but you know how to use them to add the extra "umph" to the entirety of your points. The only thing I can criticize you about is slip ups in grammar/formatting. You get lazy in that area at times, and it makes your posts a little hard to read here and there since you pack a lot of info when you're debating. Considering how strong your points are, it'd be good to make sure they're perfectly decipherable.

No Caption Provided

I out-troll you on the reg.

No Caption Provided

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1084  Edited By Wolverine008

@wolverine08 said:

No Caption Provided

I out-troll you on the reg.

No Caption Provided

LEAVE ME ALONE! YOU DIDN'T RETURN MY FEELINGS!

No Caption Provided

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1086  Edited By Wolverine008
GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#1087  Edited By GhostRavage
frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1088 frozen  Moderator
Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killemall: thanks, youre right, i am not extremely knowledgeable about all of my characters, because i dont have money for new comics, so i have to search the internet or my library, which only has a few books.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen: Sorry currently at work i will have time and Saturda then i can rate you.

Just to give you a heads up rather than looking only at the links you have provided i am going to check about 30 odd post you have on your forum history. It's just easier to make a judgment from there on.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1091 frozen  Moderator

@killemall: Thanks. Though you were actually one of the users that commented in my CaV (the second link).

YoungJustice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can someone rate me?

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@youngjustice:

You are one person i don’t need to go back and check forum history to rate because i have seen you around for very long and seen how you debate. I would rate you somewhere between 8-9, although sorry but i would be more inclined to lean towards 8 rather than 9, so something like 8.3.

@frozen:

As promised I went through most of your forum posts and it seems pretty impressive. You seem to be pretty knowledgeable in what you debate; you normally have a cool level head, and have the ability to substantiate your claims.

There isn’t much to criticize there, I would rate you extremely highly mate, something between 8-9, and more leaning towards 9 than 8.

The only limitation I see, is that you don’t see overtly knowledgeable with character from marvel but then I suppose it’s pretty hard for someone to be knowledgeable in everything, you obviously prefer to DC more.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1094  Edited By Wolverine008

@killemall: Oh yeah, one last thing i'd like to add about your debating, I'm better than you!

No Caption Provided

PaperCut1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1095  Edited By PaperCut1969

@killemall: Oh yeah, one last thing i'd like to add about your debating, I'm better than you!

No Caption Provided

HigorM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1096  Edited By HigorM  Moderator

@killemall: thanks mate, coming from you is an honor. I've been trying to improve myself from the start, since the first post at the battle forum. Which leads me to my inspirations, one of them being you. Someone I consider to be a true reference, not only considering your knowledge on powerhouses, but also a top debater as a whole. You are a true powerhouse brother. That's why you are a well deserved Hall of Famer, you deserve no less than a 10.

Pierpat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hy all!
Could someone rate me? Ask if you need the threads.

Avatar image for cosmicallyaware1
cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 46

@higorm said:

@killemall: thanks mate, coming from you is an honor. I've been trying to improve myself from the start, since the first post at the battle forum. Which leads me to my inspirations, one of them being you. Someone I consider to be a true reference, not only considering your knowledge on powerhouses, as a top debater as a whole. You are a true powehouse brother. That's why you are a well deserved Hall of Famer, you deserve no less than a 10.

seconded.

hey @killemall: care to do me the honors man? higor gave me some advice and a review a ways back (which were greatly appreciated BTW), but would love to hear some tips and critiques from you as well, would be greatly appreciated......

C'mon other viners!!! especially you veterans............how y'all think the cosmicallyaware1 is doin? improved since started here? strengths and weaknesses? areas for improvement? what?> bring it all on please..........

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1100  Edited By Killemall

@cosmicallyaware1: mate not sure what's wrong at my end can't seem to check your past forum post. Would you mind listing some of your debate, preferable recent ones. I am free tomorrow and will have a rating up by then.

Till then please accept my humble apology for not replying sooner man.