#451 Edited by HigorM (4235 posts) - - Show Bio

@cosmicallyaware1: Well, this is the only link I could find that possess enough content for an analysis.. Couldn´t find the one against @beatboks1

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles-7/tournament-round-2-cosmicallyaware1-vs-bluelantern-676555/

@slimj87d: thanks for your testimony, you are a experienced member I´ve always tried to learn from, it´s great to know that behind this whole experience was a constant evolution that continues to the present day. THis is one of the reasons that lead me to log on this site whenever I can.

#452 Edited by HigorM (4235 posts) - - Show Bio

@slimj87d: Taking the opportunity, did you have any feedback for me sir?

#453 Posted by SlimJ87D (10741 posts) - - Show Bio

@higorm said:

@slimj87d: Taking the opportunity, did you have any feedback for me sir?

I think you, CadenceV2 and many other new comers that participate in the challenge and viner and tournaments are better debaters than I. The time and commitment to participate in such threads just show the level and dedication to your passion. You know the right users to contact to get your research done which shows you also pay attention to a lot of other peoples post you can potentially use yourself. I'm definitely giving you positive feedback here.

#454 Posted by HigorM (4235 posts) - - Show Bio

@slimj87d: Thanks man, I appreciate that :)

#455 Edited by lowlaville (5205 posts) - - Show Bio

There are some good debaters here, like the person above to name one. Odinsonn is another name that comes to my mind.

#456 Edited by Barry_Jones (143 posts) - - Show Bio

@lowlaville: dude you and me need to debate. pick any character and ill challenge you (btw i am Kidman560!) also no love for me.

#457 Posted by lowlaville (5205 posts) - - Show Bio

@barry_jones: Alright Cool. Character. Hmm. Uh. Well, I dont really know. Maybe Ill pick Hulk. Btw I did not actually mean HigorM as the person above, I meant slimj87d. Also, never seen you debate lol Ive seen multiple of your threads, didn't click them =o

#458 Posted by Barry_Jones (143 posts) - - Show Bio

@lowlaville: ouch! and Hulk well hes a brick hold on let me go through my things (im in ISS right now ill get back to ya man!)

#459 Posted by lowlaville (5205 posts) - - Show Bio

@lowlaville: ouch! and Hulk well hes a brick hold on let me go through my things (im in ISS right now ill get back to ya man!)

No problem. Make the thread and tag me in when you get the time, don't pick someone who can win without a fair contest!

#460 Posted by Barry_Jones (143 posts) - - Show Bio

@lowlaville: of course not this is the Battle Forums (not the RPG forums ;)

#461 Posted by HigorM (4235 posts) - - Show Bio

@lowlaville: @barry_jones: please keep it to the CAV thread, the specific topic created exclusively for battle challenges an set up..

do not pollute the topic!

#462 Posted by lowlaville (5205 posts) - - Show Bio

@higorm: He was the one that came up to me with the challange, I dont know a CAV thread... I just replied, sorry. lol

#463 Posted by HigorM (4235 posts) - - Show Bio

@lowlaville: no problem.

and this is the CAV (Challenge a Viner) thread:

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles-7/challenge-a-viner-577832/#4894

#464 Edited by GhostRavage (9448 posts) - - Show Bio

@higorm: Sup man, have you ever seen a debate about me? I've only participated in 1 CaV and it was kind of sloppy tbh, i wouldn't take it as a legit feat for me.

#465 Posted by Cable_Extreme (9772 posts) - - Show Bio
#466 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20443 posts) - - Show Bio

@yourneighborhoodcomicgeek From our recent debate, what would you rate me and how should I improve?

I think you're all right man. A solid 7 at the very least. For me you'd be an 8. I don't see you debate for that many other characters, so that's something you could improve on I guess. What would you rate me?

#467 Edited by Cable_Extreme (9772 posts) - - Show Bio

@cable_extreme said:

@yourneighborhoodcomicgeek From our recent debate, what would you rate me and how should I improve?

I think you're all right man. A solid 7 at the very least. For me you'd be an 8. I don't see you debate for that many other characters, so that's something you could improve on I guess. What would you rate me?

You have great knowledge of Fury, and his weaponry. I would personally rate you a 9. I think the only thing you might want to improve on is go into more detail. Though with the specific fight, it was hard, due to the amount of devices he had, but there are still some devices I barely understand. But over debating wise, you did great!

(P.S. I don't debate a lot with other characters other than Deathstroke ): The main problem is I am a poor college kid with only enough money to purchase Deathstroke comics. Though I feel that people can still rate me on the arguments I make, and how I try and tackle problems.)

#468 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20443 posts) - - Show Bio

@yourneighborhoodcomicgeek said:

@cable_extreme said:

You have great knowledge of Fury, and his weaponry. I would personally rate you a 9. I think the only thing you might want to improve on is go into more detail. Though with the specific fight, it was hard, due to the amount of devices he had, but there are still some devices I barely understand. But over debating wise, you did great!

(P.S. I don't debate a lot with other characters other than Deathstroke ): The main problem is I am a poor college kid with only enough money to purchase Deathstroke comics. Though I feel that people can still rate me on the arguments I make, and how I try and tackle problems.)

I've debated for different characters before. Here's a taste. I'll toss in the CaV I'm in currently.

Deadpool vs. Punisher (current CaV)

Master Chief vs. Space Marine

Jokergeist's Tournament: Me vs. YoungJustice

#469 Posted by MonsterStomp (20404 posts) - - Show Bio
#470 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20443 posts) - - Show Bio
#471 Posted by MonsterStomp (20404 posts) - - Show Bio
#472 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20443 posts) - - Show Bio
#473 Posted by MonsterStomp (20404 posts) - - Show Bio
#474 Posted by Cable_Extreme (9772 posts) - - Show Bio

@cable_extreme said:

@cable_extreme said:

I've debated for different characters before. Here's a taste. I'll toss in the CaV I'm in currently.

You are the go to guy for MC thats for sure.

#475 Edited by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20443 posts) - - Show Bio

@cable_extreme said:

@cable_extreme said:

You are the go to guy for MC thats for sure.

Haha yeah XD

#476 Posted by NighThunder (4778 posts) - - Show Bio

Who wants to rate me?

#477 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20443 posts) - - Show Bio
#478 Edited by NighThunder (4778 posts) - - Show Bio
#479 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20443 posts) - - Show Bio

@nighthunder: I've read about 3 or 4 of your CaV's. You're good with the countering and getting your basic points across. The problem is, your grammar and format is poor. It makes it harder to read, as many others will find the same problem. I'd put you at a solid 7. There are many improvements to be made, but you're not bad.

If you don't mind, could you rate me? I'll post some debates I've been in (some older than others).

Nick Fury (me) vs. Deathstroke (Cable_Extreme)

Deadpool (me) vs. Punisher (CaptainDoeo)

Master Chief (me) vs. Space Marine (CadenceV2)

Samurai Jack (me) vs. Emperor Weiss (Floopay)

#481 Posted by MonsterStomp (20404 posts) - - Show Bio

@yourneighborhoodcomicgeek: I actually had a huge speech for you but the damn thing didn't post. Anyway I'd give you a solid 8.5. The Nick Fury vs Deathstroke debate surely upped the ante. In regards to your formatting, you make it readable material, it's smooth and understandable for the most part. Moreover, you back up pretty much all aspects of your debate. I'll use the Master Chief vs Space Marine for example: You posted a feat for Master Chief beating ODST soldier's at the age of 14, to make it more impressive you elaborated on what the ODST's are capable of. I'd list you as one of the best debaters on the Vine.

#482 Edited by MonsterStomp (20404 posts) - - Show Bio
#483 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20443 posts) - - Show Bio

@monsterstomp: Thanks for the rating! I'll try and get around to reading more of your debates sometime.

#484 Edited by GhostRavage (9448 posts) - - Show Bio
#485 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20443 posts) - - Show Bio

@ghostravage: I was very impressed by your debate with MonsterStomp. A solid 7.5 in my opinion.

#486 Edited by GhostRavage (9448 posts) - - Show Bio
#487 Edited by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20443 posts) - - Show Bio

@yourneighborhoodcomicgeek: Thank you mate! Any observations you may add? :)

I think your format is really good. Very neat and easy to read. Your points are very strong and valid I might add. The only 2.5 points you're missing are from versatility with characters and experience.

#488 Posted by Wolverine08 (45597 posts) - - Show Bio

I've been doing some Cavs I think Viners have noticed recently. Anyone want to rate me?

#489 Posted by GhostRavage (9448 posts) - - Show Bio

@ghostravage said:

I think your format is really good. Very neat and easy to read. Your points are very strong and valid I might add. The only 2.5 points you're missing are from versatility with characters and experience.

Thank you again mate.

About the bold part... Do you mean by versatility like, i should use more characters?

#490 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20443 posts) - - Show Bio

@ghostravage said:

Thank you again mate.

About the bold part... Do you mean by versatility like, i should use more characters?

Yeah. But that isn't your fault since you're only in like 2 CaV's so far.

#491 Edited by GhostRavage (9448 posts) - - Show Bio

@ghostravage said:

@ghostravage said:

Thank you again mate.

Fair enough. Im on my way of becoming an expert with other characters... Im quite interested in Hyperion, Shang Chi and Xavier. So some points may be added soon to that rating :P

#492 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20443 posts) - - Show Bio

@ghostravage said:

@ghostravage said:

Thank you again mate.

Fair enough. Im on my way of becoming an expert with other characters... Im quite interested in Hyperion, Shang Chi and Xavier. So some points may be added soon to that rating :P

Sweet. Very interested in Shang Chi particularly.

#493 Edited by HigorM (4235 posts) - - Show Bio

If there´s still anyone out there waiting for a rating please let me know and I´ll do my best to make it happen.

#494 Posted by lowlaville (5205 posts) - - Show Bio

@higorm said:

If there´s still anyone out there waiting for a rating please let me know and I´ll do my best to make it happen.

I suppose you could rate me? Haha.

#495 Edited by HigorM (4235 posts) - - Show Bio

@lowlaville: I can rate you if you post some links of your fights.

#497 Posted by lowlaville (5205 posts) - - Show Bio

@higorm said:

@lowlaville: I can rate you if you post some links of your fights.

Oh yeah...I haven't had a CAV battle yet, just posted in character threads here and there.

#498 Edited by HigorM (4235 posts) - - Show Bio

@lowlaville: well I need the links so I can see you debating, maybe if you join some CAV battles or tourneys we can have a better picture, what do you think?

#499 Posted by lowlaville (5205 posts) - - Show Bio

@higorm said:

@lowlaville: well I need the links so I can see you debating, maybe if you join some CAV battles or tourneys we can have a better picture, what do you think?

That works. In any case, you could also get a scope of my debating style by reading through these threads. Read them if you want to.

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19

Sorry if its a bit too much to read. I just thought because I didn't have any CAV threads to provide for rating, I could make up for with threads with my arguments in it.

#500 Posted by HigorM (4235 posts) - - Show Bio

@lowlaville: nice, give me some time so I can read through them and than give you a rate, ok?