#101 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@cadencev2: @jashro44: @lvenger: Hey, I appreciate the kind words but I'm not here to fish for compliments. I'm dead serious. I had no belief that I was going to be highly ranked in this thing nor did I ever want to be. I understand the whole "past-exploits" ordeal but seriously, I think that's a bunch of nonsense. What I did in the past is hilariously overshadowed by what you guys continually put out on a daily basis. For instance, debating is constantly evolving. You guys take what is given to you, learn from the best and revolutionize and push those boundaries even further. In my opinion, you guys are constantly widening the gap established by the previous standards by uniquely taking the form of debating in new directions everyday.

That is quintessential difference here and I cannot stress how flat out impressed I am. Bottom line, it's inspirational.

#102 Edited by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@deranged_midget: Well, too bad. Jesus did not want to sacrificed on the cross, but he took it like a man!

#103 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@cadencev2: Well, that's drastically excessive now isn't it?

#104 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@deranged_midget: Look the nails hurt for a few minuets, then you starve a slow death while eternally bleeding, but then heaven awaits ya as you rise from the dead and live in eternal memory of the Vine Hall of Fame.

#105 Posted by tparks (5000 posts) - - Show Bio
#106 Posted by Buckshot (18915 posts) - - Show Bio

Can I vote for Forever again?

#107 Posted by Chaos Prime (10842 posts) - - Show Bio
#108 Edited by nickzambuto (13647 posts) - - Show Bio

@cadencev2 said:

@deranged_midget: Look the nails hurt for a few minuets, then you starve a slow death while eternally bleeding, but then heaven awaits ya as you rise from the dead and live in eternal memory of the Vine Hall of Fame.

@deranged_midget said:

Well, that's drastically excessive now isn't it?

#109 Posted by nickzambuto (13647 posts) - - Show Bio
#110 Posted by HigorM (3820 posts) - - Show Bio
#111 Edited by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio
#112 Posted by nickzambuto (13647 posts) - - Show Bio
#113 Edited by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio
#114 Edited by Esquire (3833 posts) - - Show Bio

Have to give a vote to Forever. He deserved it a long time ago, and he still deserves it now.

#115 Edited by beatboks1 (7215 posts) - - Show Bio

@esquire: yeah the sad part is a lot of us who are inducted are of the opinion he should have been in before us

#116 Edited by Fetts (4466 posts) - - Show Bio

@cadencev2 Then I'm giving it to dccomicsrule2011

#117 Posted by Fetts (4466 posts) - - Show Bio
#118 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@esquire: yeah the sad part is a lot of us who are inducted are of the opinion he should have been in before us

I feel lost as I never heard of the guy :/ When did they disappear from the site?

#119 Edited by Cooldes (4097 posts) - - Show Bio

Cadence

Jokergiest

Killemal

I'm also kind of upset @Ghostravage isn't on that list, he's new but really goood.

And where tf is @thatguywithheadphones ??!!?

these are my 5 regardless of you not having a sufficient list.

#120 Posted by Esquire (3833 posts) - - Show Bio

@beatboks1 said:

I feel lost as I never heard of the guy :/ When did they disappear from the site?

He was one of the first really good debaters when the site launched a little over 6 years ago. Back when mods like Buckshot, Static Shock, Gambler, and the like were really active on the Battle forums. But he hasn't been here consistently for probably close to half a decade now.

#121 Edited by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@esquire said:

@cadencev2 said:

@beatboks1 said:

He was one of the first really good debaters when the site launched a little over 6 years ago. Back when mods like Buckshot, Static Shock, Gambler, and the like were really active on the Battle forums. But he hasn't been here consistently for probably close to half a decade now.

I see.

#122 Posted by GhostRavage (8955 posts) - - Show Bio
#123 Posted by legion1 (4 posts) - - Show Bio

Andferne

Esquire

Forever

PunkMastaFlex/Susanoo

Sexy Merc

It was really hard to keep this down to five, a LOT of good debaters here.

#124 Edited by Chaos Prime (10842 posts) - - Show Bio

@legion1 said:

Andferne

Esquire

Forever

PunkMastaFlex/Susanoo

Sexy Merc

It was really hard to keep this down to five, a LOT of good debaters here.

Shame they dont debate anymore because that is a top 5 debaters roster if i ever did see one :) (sorry esquire i know ur still here lol)

#125 Edited by Buckshot (18915 posts) - - Show Bio

@esquire said:

@cadencev2 said:

@beatboks1 said:

I wouldn't say that long ago. He's been less active/gone for maybe 2-3 years. Or maybe you're right, it's hard to say without checking.

No disrespect to Vance, but Forever should have his spot in the first HoF.

You vote for Forever yet @gambler?

#126 Posted by I_am_Warlock (289 posts) - - Show Bio

Killemall

ComicStooge

Shawnbaby

YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Reserving the fith vote for later, dont know enough member of comicvine yet.

#127 Posted by The_MVPs (84693 posts) - - Show Bio

@buckshot said:

@esquire said:

@cadencev2 said:

@beatboks1 said:

I wouldn't say that long ago. He's been less active/gone for maybe 2-3 years. Or maybe you're right, it's hard to say without checking.

@beatboks1 said:

No disrespect to Vance, but Forever should have his spot in the first HoF.

You vote for Forever yet @gambler?

Yeah put me down for a Forever vote.

#128 Posted by God_Spawn (37873 posts) - - Show Bio

I changed one of my votes for Forever. Went through some of his debates again, and yeah, he deserves it.

#129 Posted by Esquire (3833 posts) - - Show Bio

@buckshot said:

@esquire said:

I checked before I posted. The last activity before he started having big gaps was, to date, 5 years and 8 days ago. So pretty much half a decade.

#130 Posted by Buckshot (18915 posts) - - Show Bio

@esquire: find any good threads to post for him while you were looking?

#131 Posted by Esquire (3833 posts) - - Show Bio

@buckshot said:

@esquire: find any good threads to post for him while you were looking?

I didn't actually delve into the depths of his forum history, I just worked backwards from recent postings. Nothing jumped out.

#132 Posted by Lvenger (19849 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm gonna need to check out some of this Forever guy's debates if he's getting a sudden wave of support just now.

#133 Posted by beatboks1 (7215 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger: it's well worth it let me tell you. Buckshot posted some good links on this thread. One awesome one was a DC vs Marvel ( company wide) battle that originally went 50+ pages ( on CV 2.0 it's still in the 20's) . Plenty of great debates in his history and with out a doubt IMO the most even tempered debater to have ever been on the site. At times he made Morpheus look ruffled

#134 Posted by beatboks1 (7215 posts) - - Show Bio

A few more for Forever

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles-7/ultimate-plan-off-1941/

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/gen-discussion-1/top-5-most-overrated-characters-1846/

I'm sure he was also in the BP vs Wolverine thread but on a scan through can only find gambler and buckshot educating some fool called howlettejames.

#135 Edited by Saren (25672 posts) - - Show Bio

Current Tally

jashro44 - 20

Killemall - 19

CadenceV2 - 16

Strider92- 11

Forever - 10

Joygirl - 9

Lvenger - 8

SlimJ87D - 7

Bringnit - 7

nickzambuto - 6

Esquire - 6

YourNeighborhoodComicGeek - 6

dccomicsrule2011 - 5

isaac_clarke - 4

ComicStooge - 4

TheAcidSkull - 3

PrinceAragorn1- 3

dondave - 3

Fetts - 3

HigorM - 3

Andferne - 3

Deranged Midget - 2

Veshark - 2

Ancient_of_Days - 2

ShootingNova - 2

Lady_Liberty - 2

Shawnbaby - 2

Decoy Elite - 1

DedmanWalkin - 1

entropy_aegis - 1

laflux - 1

progenitor - 1

Sherlock - 1

OmgOmgWTFWTF - 1

iLLituracy - 1

Nobody - 1

ReVamp - 1

Illuminatus - 1

PunkMastaFlex - 1

Sexy Merc - 1

Just under 16 hours left until the poll closes. Get your final votes in!

#136 Edited by Saren (25672 posts) - - Show Bio

(Tossed in a Forever vote myself, in case anyone's wondering where the extra one came from)

#137 Edited by Saren (25672 posts) - - Show Bio

@cooldes said:

these are my 5 regardless of you not having a sufficient list.

#138 Posted by Vance Astro (91224 posts) - - Show Bio

Damn, it's hard to vote because there are so many older members that never made it and probably won't, anyway I'm voting for...

1.entropy_aegis

2.Strider92

3.Jashro44

4.Killemall

5.TheAcidSkull

#139 Posted by Super_SoldierXII (6355 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll plug Strider92 for my fifth and last vote.

#140 Posted by jashro44 (21566 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't really decide who to really vote for, so I will throw my final vote to forever since he has been here the longest. Skimming through some of his posts and the threads posted he seems to be pretty good.

#141 Posted by Lvenger (19849 posts) - - Show Bio

A few more for Forever

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles-7/ultimate-plan-off-1941/

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/gen-discussion-1/top-5-most-overrated-characters-1846/

I'm sure he was also in the BP vs Wolverine thread but on a scan through can only find gambler and buckshot educating some fool called howlettejames.

Did he actually keep a goddamn reasonable discussion about Iron Man vs Black Panther with prep? That alone is an impressive feat in of itself since if this thread was made today, it would be way more aggressive and argumentative. If @deranged_midget is OK with me subtracting my vote for him because he's being awesomely humble and showing great humility in not wanting to go into the HOF this year (despite him being an awesome debater) I'd like to change my vote to @forever since he seems to be a very capable and level headed debater and those qualities are very respectful in a debater. Is that all right @citizenbane, am I allowed to change my vote from DM to Forever?

#142 Posted by Cooldes (4097 posts) - - Show Bio

@citizenbane:

well since almost none of my votes counted

*cough*cough*insufficientlists*cough*

I'd like to put in a vote for PrinceArogorn. he's a REALLY good debater, lots of anime knowledge

#143 Edited by rolldestroyer (3508 posts) - - Show Bio

So from what i understand we shouldn't necessarily pick 5 but rather the max. is 5? Anyway, i have a very limited domain of interest when it comes to these forums (only cosmic characters) so im pretty sure im missing some good debaters, but from what ive seen:

Killemall

Isaac_Clarke

Cadencev2

#144 Posted by Dredg (1 posts) - - Show Bio

Haven't been around for too long but from what I have seen from past debate threads my vote has to go to...

Forever

Jashro44

#145 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20236 posts) - - Show Bio
#146 Edited by Floopay (8721 posts) - - Show Bio

@citizenbane tagged so that you see it.

Okay, I don't like picking favorites, and I love debating against all the people on the list. That being said, I will vote for the following (in no particular order):

1. @killemall - Almost an endall argument whenever he pops into a thread. He's the "well actually" of comicvine.
  2. @yourneighborhoodcomicgeek - More than a bit biased (extremely I would say) when it comes to Master Chief. However, he's always a pleasure to debate against, and usually very polite.
  3. @cadencev2 - Sometimes he gets a little caught up in feats and forgets to actually make an argument or a strategy. But it's hard not to vote for the guy who introduced the "Scanpocalypse".
  4. @jashro44 - Always a pleasure, I see him pop up in a lot of the threads I myself am in. Whether we agree or disagree, I don't think I've seen him "explode" like some users do.
  5. @veshark - Very patient, very polite, and knows his characters. Maybe not all-knowing, but when he comes in and makes a decision he can generally back it up.

Again, this was a good nomination list. I could easily have replaced many of the people I voted for with someone else, but I am content with these choices. Best of luck to you all!

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#147 Edited by Deathstroke19 (3799 posts) - - Show Bio

My votes in no particular order:

1)YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

2)MonsterStomp

3)Fetts

4)Deranged Midget

#148 Posted by 8bitGangsta (392 posts) - - Show Bio

Gotta go with cadenceV2. He has lots of pages. I mean a loooot. I'm not in here much but I also like seeing floopay and beatboks1. the guy who introduced me to the site yourneighborhoodcomicgeek, and esquire, debater with class.

#149 Posted by the creator (8576 posts) - - Show Bio

@higorm: only to make sure someone voted for Forever. It's a crime he ain't already in the HOF.

#150 Posted by gumflabica (2240 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't @ because I'm on a mobile, but my votes are YNCG, Strider92, and Deranged Midget.