Deathstroke vs Wolverine

Erick_Williams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@decoyelite: Erm. Yes. Yes I did. Allow me to correct my mistake.

I think DS wins for several reasons.

1. He has higher physicals. Without any armor, I would place them around even. Through in the nth metal, and Deathstroke easily has the edge.

2. They seem about equally skilled. Wolverine may actually be more skilled, but at least to start most battles, he seems to fight like a brawler. This could cost him his life. Against someone who made Carter Hall look slow, he can only afford a few slip ups thanks to his healing factor.

3. Equipment. I already mentioned nth metal, but Slade also has guns, explosives, and I believe a promethium sword, all of which can help him turn the tide.

This isn't a very good argument for now, but I'm tired.

CF12793

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By CF12793

Deathstroke's healing factor is significantly less powerful than Wolverine's, but he makes up for it in physical advantages (barely). Slade's smarter than Wolverine, no doubt about that, but when Wolverine goes into berserker mode, there's no telling what's gonna happen. I don't think Slade will be prepared for that in a random encounter. I think New 52 Slade would win because he's more powerful than the original. However, classic Slade would lose after a long hard fight.

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

Wolverine's claws should be able to cut through Slade's armor. If I remember correctly it was cut through from a katana at some point. And I don't know if Slade's promethium weaponry could damage Wolverine's adamantium skeleton, I'm leaning no. Slade is undoubtedly smarter, and would likely try to egg Logan on into a rage to force him to more likely create an opening Slade can capitalize on. Problem is, Wolverine always seems to fight in a berserker rage. His healing factor and skeleton give him a durability edge, but I'd give the speed and slight strength edge to Deathstroke. I don't think it's enough to overcome Logan's healing, tenacity, and adamantium.

I'm going to say Wolverine 6-7/10. All long, long, hard fights. Slade is by no means going to be someone Wolverine "curbstomps", and he definitely has tangled with enemies tougher than he is before. Maybe, and I mean MAYBE, if he had preparation time and prior knowledge of Wolverine Slade could edge out more wins. However, he doesn't have that here, it's random. So, Wolverine in a slight margin.

Alexander505

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wolverine win

Alexander505

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Alexander505

@wolverine08: Slade is more strong only with the Nth armor, and....more fast? Where?

Butros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

5.5-6.0/10 for Slade once he undestands Wolverine is such a fast healer,he will try to capture him o pin him down.

New 52 Slade will have no problem imho.

Alexander505

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

New 52 Slade will have no problem imho.

Don't change nothing anyway, because Slade can have just a little more strength and endurance with the armor, but Wolverine in endurance and stamina is huge superior than Slade. Slade can't put KO Logan with his punches and kicks, neither Spidey was able to do something like that, and Spidey is above class 10 tons. Slade with the Nth maybe will be just 3-5 tons.

Avatar image for wavemotioncannon
WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wolverine

Avatar image for ancient_0f_days
Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why does this thread exist.....it's been done like 24 different ways, with and without prep and I'm sick of it.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Current Logan gets slaughtered. If we go pre-Cornell Wolverine, Wolverine wins.

@jashro44@super_soldierxii Wanna have a field day?

LOL sure

Deathstroke is smarter. A better fighter. And much stronger. He's beaten batman countless times. He's beaten green lantern and aqua man at the same time. He's fought the jla and teen Titans. He has at least 4 ton strength. Wolverine pales in comparison.

Beating batman countless times doesn't mean much in this fight. Wolverine would also beat him. IIRC he dropped a building on aquaman and green lantern came in and saved aquaman and Slade ran away. There wasn't a real winner. His fight with the JLA was PIS and he has had prep to study the teen titans. Wolverine has been able to beat skilled fighters who are also enhanced like cap, deadpool, daken, etc. So I would say he is more skilled then deathstroke.

Deathstroke is only physically suepioer with Nth metal armor. Not sure if you are blending his post and pre flashpoint feats together?

@decoyelite: Erm. Yes. Yes I did. Allow me to correct my mistake.

I think DS wins for several reasons.

1. He has higher physicals. Without any armor, I would place them around even. Through in the nth metal, and Deathstroke easily has the edge.

2. They seem about equally skilled. Wolverine may actually be more skilled, but at least to start most battles, he seems to fight like a brawler. This could cost him his life. Against someone who made Carter Hall look slow, he can only afford a few slip ups thanks to his healing factor.

3. Equipment. I already mentioned nth metal, but Slade also has guns, explosives, and I believe a promethium sword, all of which can help him turn the tide.

This isn't a very good argument for now, but I'm tired.

To be honest this is accurate for the most part and its a pretty good argument for Slade.

All though I would say that Wolverines healing factor will keep him in the fight long enough to realize that he needs to use skill to win. This issue was something touched up on in savage wolverine #7 where wolverine states it takes him a while to warm up however after he takes a few slashes he seems to start using skill. I would say after a few slashes from deathstroke wolverine should start using his skill.

He might have a challenging time parrying Deathstrokes attacks his promethium blade will break down after a few slashes. With his blade broken this would put him at a disadvantage in melee. I think the rest of Slades gear is tank-able (Assuming this is wolverine with his healing factor, otherwise Slade will stomp). So I would say wolverines healing factor in combination with his adamantium skeleton and claws is suepioer to Slades gear.

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Shawnbaby

@dondave said:

@comic_book_fan said:

@immortal777:

because it doesn't say current version and I think there are versions of wolverine in marvel that still have his healing factor and we assume it's the most common known version of wolverine.

Unless specified we assume it's the current version of said character, his appearances in other books haven't caught up to his current status

The only reason he doesn't have his healing factor right now is because of The Wolverine movie...it's just a cheap promotional gimmick.

markofkaine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

deathstroke calls in deadpool to beat wolverine while he watches

Avatar image for deactivated-57d3e40c6be63
deactivated-57d3e40c6be63

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've said this dozens of times, this fight goes one of two ways.

1. Deathstroke has time to prepare for Wolverine, more than likely meaning he will win.

2. Slade doesn't have time to prepare, and dies.

Avatar image for allhailskeletor
AllHailSkeletor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By AllHailSkeletor

I like how Slades h2h wins are "due to his enhancments" but logans are all skill (even though he's metahuman as well), and that Deathstroke defeating the JLA/stronger opponents PIS but when wolverine does it...it's pure expertise amd combat prowess.

Honestly I think Deathstroke would win. Hes a more skilled MA and better fighter, Logan is good but he seems more like a brawler then a martial artist and takes damage instead of dodging. I think Slade might also a bit stronger but not by much. Their speed and reaction is nearly the same. Slades also got better equipment. The one thing is Logan is definitely more durable do to his superior healing factor but I think Slade could dispatch him.

But then again they fought to a standstill in the crossover.

BrockTheRock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By BrockTheRock

Wolverine, there comes a point where durability surpasses whatever weapons & skillsets you possess.

This is one of those times... without a weakness for Deathstroke to exploit, he is INCAPABLE of putting Logan down.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4
deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Logan

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Cable_Extreme

@brocktherock said:

Wolverine, there comes a point where durability surpasses whatever weapons & skillsets you possess.

This is one of those times... without a weakness for Deathstroke to exploit, he is INCAPABLE of putting Logan down.

Not really, he can go for a vital like the heart which would stop bloodflow and make him "technically" die. That is a win under CV rules even though he would recover once the sword is taken out of his chest. Kaine (the Scarlet Spider) showed that this was possible. If Slade goes for vitals, he can definitely win this.

brucerogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#68  Edited By brucerogers

@cable_extreme: Wolverine has more instances than that of surviving without his heart.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Cable_Extreme

@brucerogers said:

@cable_extreme: Wolverine has more instances than that of surviving without his heart.

Well, yeah, I am not talking about permanent Death.

They way some people argue about Wolverine, it is like he has never been beaten by anyone when that isn't at all true. Sabertooth is an example, how he has defeated logan (and vice versa) despite people arguing their healing factor is impenetrable.

brucerogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cable_extreme: No I mean he wasnt even knocked out. Though lol at anyone claiming Wolverine to be unbeatable.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Cable_Extreme

@brucerogers said:

@cable_extreme: No I mean he wasnt even knocked out. Though lol at anyone claiming Wolverine to be unbeatable.

Wolverine has been defeated by tons of people in the past, he has plenty of high showings as well as low showings. I don't doubt his ability to heal through anything, he will eventually heal (unless his HF is taxed) through anything that doesn't destroy his bone structure. However there needs to be a consistency, if we accept the few showings of him continuing to fight (without a heart) then any feat where he loses to anyone that isn't mid tier or higher is PIS. Him and Sabertooth would be a draw, neither could defeat the other. The heart situation or brain (Deadpool is an example in his fight with Bullseye) messing with the functions of vital organs can and has momentarily KO'd Deadpool, Logan, Sabertooth, and even himself (against himself.)

Wolverine has losses to Deadpool, Sabertooth, Black Panther, Captain America, Himself, and even The Punisher. All of which are within Slade's damage potential.

brucerogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cable_extreme: You are missing a lot of context there mate. I will address them later once on PC.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00
deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Logan in a brutal fight.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@brucerogers: I’m not though, I’m not saying they would win a majority against Wolverine, only that he has been defeated by people within Slade’s damage potential.

Look at the Kaine fight. You would say “but the context was that Wolverine was playing along”! That wouldn’t matter to my point as he still got KO’ed from his heart being stabbed.

Deadpool (even greater healing factor) was KO’d momentarily by an arrow to the head from Bullseye.

I’ve been down this avenue plenty of times with some pretty knowledgeable Wolverine fans. It will play out like it always does.

jay_z94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By jay_z94

@cable_extreme: He means that Wolverine has on more than one occasion had his heart removed/destroyed but still remained conscious, therefore contradicting the time when Kaine put him down.

EDIT: Here are the other feats.

Wolverine gets his heart ripped out but manages to keep going and heals:

Daisy Johnson detonates Wolverine's heart, yet he remains conscious and moments later he is fine:

Not to mention that he's tanked multiple bullets to the chest which would have obviously hit his heart:

Obviously there are a lot more instances.

OT: In terms of physical stats they are pretty much even, but due to superior skill, damage output and damage soak: Wolverine would win. Slade makes him work for it though.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Cable_Extreme

@jay_z94 said:

@cable_extreme: He means that Wolverine has on more than one occasion had his heart removed/destroyed but still remained conscious, therefore contradicting the time when Kaine put him down.

OT: In terms of physical stats they are pretty much even, but due to superior skill, damage output and damage soak: Wolverine would win. Slade makes him work for it though.

Can you show me? I can provide a few cases of him being put-down by vital points (Heart, head) etc... I can also cross reference other people like Deadpool and Sabertooth whom have faced the same problem.

And Wolverine doesn't have superior skill. If you are arguing he cannot be put down even without a missing heart, then you cannot count many of his feats as skill showings....

jay_z94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By jay_z94

@cable_extreme said:
@jay_z94 said:

Can you show me?

Edited my post above.

I can provide a few cases of him being put-down by vital points (Heart, head) etc... I can also cross reference other people like Deadpool and Sabertooth whom have faced the same problem.

Yes I am sure you can provide these "few" cases, but consistently speaking those attacks are not going to put Logan down.

And Wolverine doesn't have superior skill.

Yes he does. I've proven this in the other Deathstroke vs Wolverine thread which you conveniently had no reply for.

If you are arguing he cannot be put down even without a missing heart, then you cannot count many of his feats as skill showings....

Missing his heart? Yeah sure, that's high end. But being stabbed or shot in the heart? Wolverine will tank that.

then you cannot count many of his feats as skill showings....

And how does this make any shred of sense? Wolverine has better skill feats than Slade, has mastered more martial arts and even knows alien martial arts. How does that have anything to do with Logan's damage soak?

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jay_z94:

Edited my post above.

Bullets by fodder isn't going to down wolverine. You presented two good showings, having his heart exploded and having it healed is definitely a high-end feat for logan. Him getting riddled with bullets is nothing new, Slade on many occasions has been riddled with bullets, that won't stop either. I don't think a bullet would do enough lasting damage to Logan, and it wasn't ever my argument that a bullet would defeat him. I am referring to specifically bladed weapons, like Wolverine's claws, Sabertooth's claws, Deadpool's blades etc...

Example Kaine cuts Logan's heart in two to temporarily KO him. He actually killed him for the small window his heart wasn't healed.

No Caption Provided

Or with Deadpool in Wolverine #88 where Deadpool smashed two of his swords into Logan's lungs beating him.

No Caption Provided

Or his fights with Sabertooth where he wakes up hours later.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

How his fights verses Daken (without Muramasa) where he gets beaten. There are plenty of fights in where Logan is defeated by people within Slade's own damage range. When he fought X-23, granted his healing factor wasn't as good, X-23 wanted to kill Logan and herself by sticking her claws underneath their chin and into their brain. Logan said she can kill him, but he won't let her kill herself.

I can post/bring up more if you wish.

Yes I am sure you can provide these "few" cases, but consistently speaking those attacks are not going to put Logan down.

A thing commonly said here on the vine until someone challenges the notion. He has plenty of showings where he gets defeated with bladed weapons.

Yes he does. I've proven this in the other Deathstroke vs Wolverine thread which you conveniently had no reply for.

No he doesn't, you have no reply for the fact that any skill showing he has is against someone who (according to you) has no chance what so ever in defeating him wouldn't show skill at all if it were true.

Missing his heart? Yeah sure, that's high end. But being stabbed or shot in the heart? Wolverine will tank that.

He wasn't stabbed, his heart was rendered in half, perhaps an important distinction. Something a sword is easily capable of doing.

And how does this make any shred of sense? Wolverine has better skill feats than Slade, has mastered more martial arts and even knows alien martial arts. How does that have anything to do with Logan's damage soak?

All that really masters is applied skill, how he applies what he knows in a fight. If he fights people who have no way in hell in defeating him, how can his win be attributed to a skill advantage? You will say Slade has a stat advantage and therefor isn't as skilled against people he fights. Yet Logan has a significant and more extreme advantage over everyone (especially in context to your argument where he can survive without a heart). But no, you say his showings are pure skill.

SirMethos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In a random encounter, I'd say Wolverine has a slight edge. 6/10(it would be more with pre-52 Slade)

Give Slade basic information about Logan, and a little time to formulate a plan, and the odds go in Slade's favor. Again, since Slade's strategic/tactical skills seems to have been nerfed, while his actual combat skills have been boosted, in the 'new' 52, it would be more(in Slade's favor here) with pre-52.

TheDeathstroke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Random Encounter: Slade 6/10

Basic Knowledge: Slade 9/10

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Random Encounter: Slade 6/10

Basic Knowledge: Slade 9/10

<3

TheDeathstroke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Warlockmage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

random encounter: Wolverine literally god stomps 10/10

basic knowledge: Wolverine literally god stomps 9/10 (1 in case Deathstroke pulls a PiS Flash type feat or break a Green Lanterns hand feat)

Avatar image for elijah_c_washington
Elijah_C_Washington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Even though I think Deathstroke matches his physicals, uses skill more often, and is more versatile due to gear, he doesn't have many viable ways of getting past the adamantium/regeneration combo Wolverine brings to the table. That said, Slade still makes him work for it every time.

brucerogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By brucerogers

@cable_extreme: Wolverine has been defeated by tons of people in the past, he has plenty of high showings as well as low showings.

Not really. Unless you equate hurting him and making him bleed all over creation, to defeat. And that is only due to his mindset, more than anything. That said, low showings do exist for him. Just like with any popular character who is being used as a stepping stone for the sake of the plot.

I don't doubt his ability to heal through anything, he will eventually heal (unless his HF is taxed) through anything that doesn't destroy his bone structure.

Correct.

However there needs to be a consistency, if we accept the few showings of him continuing to fight (without a heart) then any feat where he loses to anyone that isn't mid tier or higher is PIS.

For what it's worth, neither instances of him surviving his heart had him operate in top shape for a certain amount of time. His heart is vital to him at the end of the day, even if he can just heal it back.

But here is the thing. Wolverine is not going to stand there doing nothing and just allow Slade to mangle his heart. Tanky as he may be, he is well aware of his limitations. I am speaking in terms of a majority, of course.

Him and Sabertooth would be a draw, neither could defeat the other.

Sabertooth hasn't been a match for him for years now. In their most recent encounter (when Logan was at his prime), he stomped him in three moves once he stopped playing around. This has been a recurring thing with most writers and not just Jason Aaron. They were maybe a match for each other in the 80s, but Creed needed to use prep and ambushing tactics to get an upper hand on him, later on.

Creed is also his physical superior to boot with the same kind of healing. So Logan needs to use his raw skill to beat him.

The heart situation or brain (Deadpool is an example in his fight with Bullseye) messing with the functions of vital organs can and has momentarily KO'd Deadpool, Logan, Sabertooth, and even himself (against himself.)

I agree, at least when talking about the heart and brain. But Logan can do much more than just be a damage sponge here....

Wolverine has losses to Deadpool,

When was this?. Are you talking about Wolverine (1988) #88, where Wade incaps him by jabbing two swords in his back?. Not only was Wolverine lacking his Adamantium at the time but his healing factor wasn't quite restored back to it's normal capacity, after he lost it during Fatal Attractions.

No Caption Provided

Swords to the back would not even slow him down on a normal day.

From the much more recent fight in Wolverine: Origins, Wade did knock him out with a bullet to his brain, but that was after taking an absurd amount of punishment himself and suckering Logan with a gunshot. Something which I don't see Slade surviving, should he try the same.

Logan was clearly getting the upperhand for the most and Deadpool had to resort to distractions to stay in one piece. He even cut his fingers off faster than Deadpool could see, at one point.

From Wolverine: Origins #23

This clearly shows his superiority.

Sabertooth,

Already addressed above.

Black Panther,

I don't think they have had any prolonged fights to judge that. Unless you are referring to Cornell's run where T'Challa treats him like nothing. But that was Logan after the loss of his skill via brainwashing and psychological damage from the loss of his healing factor. Far removed from his prime.

Captain America

Cap only beat him decisively during a WW2 flashback, where Wolverine was not quite as skilled and by his own admission, wasn't fighting with a full heart. All their subsequent fights have either been inconclusive or Logan getting the upper hand but holding himself back (AvX #3) or outright winning (Wolverine: Origins #4)

Himself,

The what now?

and even The Punisher

Yeah, when Ennis writes him as a complete imbecile who messes up train schedules and fails to even speak a complete sentence coherently. Not due to any shortcomings on his skill or stats. Ennis had Punisher admit that Wolverine (or Daredevil or Spidey) could dismantle him in a second, individually.

From Punisher (2001) #34

No Caption Provided

Logan all but humiliated him, after toying with him, in Wolverine (1988) #186.

Slade can get his share of hits and take a few wins, but Logan's damage soak, output and skills are too much for it to be a majority. Wolverine beats him in an epic bloodbath.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wolverine is not stomping Slade. I think he wins but honestly its a tough fight.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@brucerogers: I haven't read the whole conversation but how was Frank humiliated during wolverine 186? Also what makes you say Logan toyed with Frank?

I agree Garth Ennis doesn't depict wolverine properly but I would say Frank did fine during wolverine 186.

brucerogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: Wolverine was resorting to beating him with his bare hands, as opposed to using his claws and even when he did pop them out, it was just to stab him in the forearm for disarming him. A non holding Wolverine could have cut his hands off or could have dismembered him by using his claws from the get go, when he blitzed him with some strikes.

He even calls jeers at him and calls him a joke, before throwing him out of the window.

Though yeah, Tieri's treatment of Punisher was much better than Ennis's treatment of Wolverine.

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 114

#89  Edited By KrleAvenger

Nobody stomps or anything close to it. Logan wins more often than not.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@brucerogers:

Not really. Unless you equate hurting him and making him bleed all over creation, to defeat. And that is only due to his mindset, more than anything. That said, low showings do exist for him. Just like with any popular character who is being used as a stepping stone for the sake of the plot.

Claim what you want, but you are undermining the many close battles and losses he has had.

For what it's worth, neither instances of him surviving his heart had him operate in top shape for a certain amount of time. His heart is vital to him at the end of the day, even if he can just heal it back.

But here is the thing. Wolverine is not going to stand there doing nothing and just allow Slade to mangle his heart. Tanky as he may be, he is well aware of his limitations. I am speaking in terms of a majority, of course.

I never claimed he would, but for either person to defeat the other, they will both need to go for lethal attacks. Keep this in mind that Slade consistently shows skill and tactical prowess where as Logan is often triggered with emotions. This is something that could end up like Slade verbally manipulating Cassandra Cain in their fight.

Sabertooth hasn't been a match for him for years now. In their most recent encounter (when Logan was at his prime), he stomped him in three moves once he stopped playing around. This has been a recurring thing with most writers and not just Jason Aaron. They were maybe a match for each other in the 80s, but Creed needed to use prep and ambushing tactics to get an upper hand on him, later on.

Creed is also his physical superior to boot with the same kind of healing. So Logan needs to use his raw skill to beat him.

Irrelevant. I am stating that Logan is beatable, not that Creed should take the majority. The whole point of my crusade is to show how Wolverine is defeated, not arguing that Creed would defeat him for a majority. Side-stepping like always I see.

When was this?. Are you talking about Wolverine (1988) #88, where Wade incaps him by jabbing two swords in his back?. Not only was Wolverine lacking his Adamantium at the time but his healing factor wasn't quite restored back to it's normal capacity, after he lost it during Fatal Attractions.

You ask when was this? I literally gave you the issue number.

You presented a scan of him stating "good thing my healing factor is kicking in"...

Swords to the back would not even slow him down on a normal day.

It depends on who is doing it, if it is fodder attacks (which you show plenty) then probably not.

From the much more recent fight in Wolverine: Origins, Wade did knock him out with a bullet to his brain, but that was after taking an absurd amount of punishment himself and suckering Logan with a gunshot. Something which I don't see Slade surviving, should he try the same.

Logan was clearly getting the upperhand for the most and Deadpool had to resort to distractions to stay in one piece. He even cut his fingers off faster than Deadpool could see, at one point.

A lot of irrelevant information you added in there. When we are talking about the physical punishment it takes to KO/Temp Kill Wolverine, you don't have to try and defend his honor with countless irrelevant points. Deadpool getting his fingers cut off when he has little care for his well-being is not a relevant point here what-so-ever. "The bullet in the brain is" as it shows Wolverine needs a brain to remain conscious. Eye Socket attacks, or underneath the chin all would work.

This clearly shows his superiority.

Who cares...

Slade can get his share of hits and take a few wins, but Logan's damage soak, output and skills are too much for it to be a majority. Wolverine beats him in an epic bloodbath.

The only problem that Slade would face is Logan's healing factor. Logan would face many problems of his own against Slade. Mainly that Slade has the physicals and skill (I say surpass) to match as well as a brain to out-strategize. He has plenty of firepower, both long ranged and up close. He has bombs he can plant on Logan, he has a promethium sword to stab vitals, and a staff to blast his skin and muscles off. Logan rarely faces someone with this much firepower AND contending stats. Don't under estimate Slade's healing factor, it is slower but it keeps him alive despite being outright killed a few times.

Avatar image for ninjawarrior268
NinjaWarrior268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

Still Wolverine

brucerogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cable_extreme:Claim what you want, but you are undermining the many close battles and losses he has had.

And what losses are those?

I never claimed he would, but for either person to defeat the other, they will both need to go for lethal attacks.

True.

Keep this in mind that Slade consistently shows skill and tactical prowess where as Logan is often triggered with emotions.

This is an oversimplification of his abilities. Logan has learned to restrain 'the animal' no matter how much he needed to let it out and even during his berserker rage, he is far from mindless and retains his brilliant instincts. Though yeah, Slade does show off his skill more consistently.

This is something that could end up like Slade verbally manipulating Cassandra Cain in their fight.

Logan isn't Cass and there is no evidence that Slade's mind games will work on him in a random encounter and mid battle. He is more disciplined and controlled than you give him credit for.

Irrelevant. I am stating that Logan is beatable,

Neat, so where did I claim he is unbeatable?

The whole point of my crusade is to show how Wolverine is defeated, not arguing that Creed would defeat him for a majority. Side-stepping like always I see.

No, what I am doing is correcting misinformation. You are trying too hard to prove a point that doesn't need to be proven. By arguing that Wolverine can be defeated when no one here worth their salt has claimed otherwise.

You ask when was this? I literally gave you the issue number.

You did?. Are you sure you are not confusing me with someone else?. But anyways, I asked in the off chance I missed something.

You presented a scan of him stating "good thing my healing factor is kicking in"...

Correction, he says "good thing my healing factor is beginning to kick in again".He also adds the bit about wishing it would work faster. This suggests that it was not back at it's full capacity and is healing him slower.

It depends on who is doing it, if it is fodder attacks (which you show plenty) then probably not.

My point is that Logan has fought after getting his vital organs, barring his heart and brain, pierced with no problem.

A lot of irrelevant information you added in there. When we are talking about the physical punishment it takes to KO/Temp Kill Wolverine, you don't have to try and defend his honor with countless irrelevant points. Deadpool getting his fingers cut off when he has little care for his well-being is not a relevant point here what-so-ever. "The bullet in the brain is" as it shows Wolverine needs a brain to remain conscious. Eye Socket attacks, or underneath the chin all would work.

And I am telling you how I never disagreed on Wolverine being susceptible to KO's or healing factor overloads. And Wade didn't just nonchalantly walk up to him and shoot him in the brain, did he?. No, he got gutted, sliced, beaten, kicked around and took a lot of punishment before getting the luxury of shooting him in the chin. Thus suggesting that while KOing Wolverine is doable, it is does not guarantee a victory due to how dangerous and hard the task is. You think Slade can survive that kind of punishment?

That is basically what I am trying to say.

Who cares...

Well you brought him up as an example of someone within Slade's damage potential 'beating' him, so don't complain when I deconstruct the point thoroughly.

The only problem that Slade would face is Logan's healing factor.

That's one of the problems. Add the claws and viciousness to match his own to the mix too.

Mainly that Slade has the physicals and skill (I say surpass)

The only attribute I see Slade being superior in is lifting strength and reaction speed. Neither which will allow him any decisive wins since Logan has kept up with people who surpass Slade in those.

I have not seen any convincing arguments as to why Slade is more skilled.

to match as well as a brain to out-strategize.

Slade is smarter sure, but Logan isn't some inexperienced knuckle dragging brute himself.

He has plenty of firepower, both long ranged and up close. He has bombs he can plant on Logan, he has a promethium sword to stab vitals, and a staff to blast his skin and muscles off.

Blowing Logan up is only going to make him madder. The guy has consistently fought and healed mid combat after being flayed alive by energy blasts and explosions. Stabbing his vitals could work, but Slade will run the risk of getting dismembered by the claws.

Logan rarely faces someone with this much firepower AND contending stats.

Sure, but I fail to see how the firepower will matter that much. Unlike blunt force, his damage soak (read: healing) from energy blasts have been very consistent.

Don't under estimate Slade's healing factor, it is slower but it keeps him alive despite being outright killed a few times.

I am doing no such thing. But that is not exactly going to save him from dismemberment or losing his head.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c830d4e319e6
deactivated-5c830d4e319e6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Deathstroke would not survive long against Wolverine.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: Wolverine was resorting to beating him with his bare hands, as opposed to using his claws and even when he did pop them out, it was just to stab him in the forearm for disarming him. A non holding Wolverine could have cut his hands off or could have dismembered him by using his claws from the get go, when he blitzed him with some strikes.

He even calls jeers at him and calls him a joke, before throwing him out of the window.

Though yeah, Tieri's treatment of Punisher was much better than Ennis's treatment of Wolverine.

Wolverine punches a lot of people with his claws retacted. He doesn't kill Punisher because punisher isn't actually evil. Him calling Frank a joke is just talk. Also when he called Frank a joke he was talking about punsihers ideology.

It should also be noted Tieri wrote that issue in response to Ennis. Which is why you have the bit at the end where Logan finds a muscle man magazine with punisher.

Wolviesnikt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wolverine ALL day

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@brucerogers:

Give me a bit to reply, I drank way too much.

brucerogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: It's true. Wolverine won't just go around killing people like that, but that still counts as holding back though. My point is that if Wolverine wanted him dead in that instance, he would be.

And yeah, Tieri did write this as a response to Ennis. Though I guess he didnt want to make Frank look that bad.

brucerogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: It's true. Wolverine won't just go around killing people like that, but that still counts as holding back though. My point is that if Wolverine wanted him dead in that instance, he would be.

And yeah, Tieri did write this as a response to Ennis. Though I guess he didnt want to make Frank look that bad.

Well my original comment was in response to the idea of wolverine toying with punisher. I think there is a huge difference between toying and holding back.

brucerogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers