• The Creeper Starts Inside Ace Chemicals
  • New 52 Slade Wilson
  • Post Crisis Jack Ryder
  • Death Counts As Win
#2 Edited by russellmania77 (14395 posts) - - Show Bio

slade has more feats in post crises that topple creeper

new 52 slade has tooken strikes from Lobo so creeper really isnt gonna hurt him

#3 Posted by Ancient_0f_Days (11276 posts) - - Show Bio

@russellmania77: Not gonna factor in the Creeper's laugh or healing factor.......

#4 Posted by ULTRAstarkiller (5738 posts) - - Show Bio

Slade

#5 Edited by bump1010 (159 posts) - - Show Bio

Its going to be difficult for Deathstroke to counter creepers laugh and creepers healing factor should allow him to take anything short of decapitation. Slades only hope is too use stealth. I don't know much stealth feats for post crisis slade so no comment on if he can sneak up on creeper in round one however IIRC Deathstroke did state they were only 3 people on the planet who can detect his surveillance. Assuming thats true he could probably take creeper by surprise. If he fights him head on however creeper takes it.

#6 Posted by bump1010 (159 posts) - - Show Bio

slade has more feats in post crises that topple creeper

new 52 slade has tooken strikes from Lobo so creeper really isnt gonna hurt him

As ancient of days mentioned creepers laugh means he can bypass the armor. Besides it was revealed in a recent storm watch that lobos powers in the new 52 are inconsistent because of his power being split up among dimensions or something like that so the feat is a little hard to quantify.

#7 Posted by Shavo (2061 posts) - - Show Bio

Deathstroke

#8 Posted by russellmania77 (14395 posts) - - Show Bio
#9 Edited by Ancient_0f_Days (11276 posts) - - Show Bio
#10 Posted by russellmania77 (14395 posts) - - Show Bio
#11 Posted by RenaissanceMan (980 posts) - - Show Bio

Deathstroke

#12 Posted by Switchblade2013 (22 posts) - - Show Bio

Creeper easily.

#13 Edited by TifaLockhart (13975 posts) - - Show Bio

Deathstroke with prep, Creeper without.

#14 Edited by gumflabica (2160 posts) - - Show Bio

anybody who knows me in the slightest knows who I'm going to pick...... but, then again, nobody knows me, so...... meh, I'll just let you figure it out for yourself. Your punishment for not knowing me :p

#15 Edited by Ancient_0f_Days (11276 posts) - - Show Bio

Since not too many people seem to be giving ANY real reasons why Slade wins and are presumably just spewing generic one word answers because they don't even know who Jack Ryder is or what he is capable of (or bias *hintady hint hint *) ....I'll post some of his feats...

A little insight on Jack's regenerative abilities and durability....Proteus cutting and drilling away just to test the upper limits of Creeper's regen doesn't particularly cause damage, multiple bullet wounds don't even bother Jack as he describes his regen being faster than Flash's on crack. Gets an axe to the chest, pulls it out and throws it back at it's owner. Laughs at being burned alive due to his demonic origin, he's uninjured after crash landing an alien spaceship to the ground. After his body was torn apart, it stitched itself back together.

Now, his scream....it causes the human brain to respond like how it would to fingernails on a chalkboard and is similar in frequency to a primate "danger cry", it's ability incapacitate varies based on the length of exposure someone has to it (meaning the longer you hear it, the worse it gets until you pass out). It causes grown ass men nausea, complete loss of focus, fear, nosebleeds, I think one guy was puking blood and they altogether lose their sh*t cus they can't take the sound. It works on demented Creeper clones and is powerful enough to shatter protective helmet glass (glass that could or could not have been bullet proof).

For his speed and agility....Dodges sub machine gun bullets at point blank range, dodges a black lantern fist flying at him at high speeds, jumps behind Joker before he can swing an axe, the last one is just insane and would be a task to describe....

Onto strength ... One shot's a lion, kicks one guy far off of a building and then launches another far into some debris with a casual punch, launches a Creeper clone with a flying kick then sends two out of the gate and into the water with a double kick, notice the big guy (Gavin) sending like 15 of them Creeper clones into the water, Jack punts him into the water after its all said and done...

Next, fights ....

Fighting Manbat, clawing his back out and clawing his face out ....

Fighting a severely de-powered Hermes, Hermes wasn't hurt or even feeling any of Creeper's punches but for a de-powered god to get smacked up like this...it is definitely worth mentioning, especially in regards to Jack Ryder's speed.

Fighting a demon Werewolf, tricking it into breaking his restraints in the first scan, the rest is what Creeper looks like when his morals are off...something to think about when looking at round 2....

With all of this said and me already knowing a good majority of Deathstroke's feats, I think both rounds are completely even and both combatants have an equal chance to win. Deathstroke has feats that definitely compare to Creeper's and are better as far as agility and speed but he is notably weaker physically, less durable and has a MUCH slower healing factor, not to mention the Creeper's laugh but that's why he has prep in Round 1 and the advantage of starting in the facility ..... In Round 2, Slade should be nearly as durable as Jack due to his Nth Metal Armor. Slade's healing factor in New 52 seems to be a bit faster compared to it's previous incarnation, it's still not nearly as fast as Jack's but it'll help him against the laugh among other things. His weapons may not be of too much use but to slow Ryder down, Slade has to rely on his reaction speed and armor as well as his superior skill to keep up with his superior opponent who's laughter could echo through the entire facility.

My personal thoughts on who'd win

Deathstroke should probably win Round 1 due to him having prep, having better speed feats, being more skilled, being inside the facility first where he could set traps during his prep and having access to weapons that would rip Ryder a new one. He's prepped for Black Canary's scream in the past and could very well do the same for Creeper's laugh ...

Something along those lines would take away one of Creeper's advantages. In a straight up fight Slade may not be fully able to put Creeper down but using his superior speed, skill and weaponry he could dismember or decapitate Jack long enough to separate the body parts and throw them into chemical vats, I think that'd be enough to at least get a KO or Incapacitation win...

Round 2 is harder to talk about.

#16 Posted by HeraldofGanthet (3189 posts) - - Show Bio

@ancient_0f_days:

WHY, WHY, WHY Ancient One did you pit 2 of my favorite DC characters against each other like this? It's like picking between your kids and choosing a favorite! AARRGH!!!! WHYYYY!!!!!

#17 Edited by Ancient_0f_Days (11276 posts) - - Show Bio
#18 Posted by HeraldofGanthet (3189 posts) - - Show Bio
#19 Posted by dondave (33292 posts) - - Show Bio

Deathstroke

Creeper

#20 Edited by Ancient_0f_Days (11276 posts) - - Show Bio

bump

#21 Posted by _Gaff_ (3089 posts) - - Show Bio
#22 Edited by Floopay (8552 posts) - - Show Bio

With prep Deathstroke could probably take this. Though I put more stock in Creeper overall. His healing factor is superior, and all of his abilities are equal or greater than Deathstrokes from what I've seen. Just to clarify, though, I'm not a Deathstroke expert by any means.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#23 Posted by Nefarious (18314 posts) - - Show Bio

Round 1: Deathstroke wins with prep time.

Round 2: The Creeper.

#24 Edited by patrat18 (8407 posts) - - Show Bio

Since not too many people seem to be giving ANY real reasons why Slade wins and are presumably just spewing generic one word answers because they don't even know who Jack Ryder is or what he is capable of (or bias *hintady hint hint *) ....I'll post some of his feats...

A little insight on Jack's regenerative abilities and durability....Proteus cutting and drilling away just to test the upper limits of Creeper's regen doesn't particularly cause damage, multiple bullet wounds don't even bother Jack as he describes his regen being faster than Flash's on crack. Gets an axe to the chest, pulls it out and throws it back at it's owner. Laughs at being burned alive due to his demonic origin, he's uninjured after crash landing an alien spaceship to the ground. After his body was torn apart, it stitched itself back together.

Now, his scream....it causes the human brain to respond like how it would to fingernails on a chalkboard and is similar in frequency to a primate "danger cry", it's ability incapacitate varies based on the length of exposure someone has to it (meaning the longer you hear it, the worse it gets until you pass out). It causes grown ass men nausea, complete loss of focus, fear, nosebleeds, I think one guy was puking blood and they altogether lose their sh*t cus they can't take the sound. It works on demented Creeper clones and is powerful enough to shatter protective helmet glass (glass that could or could not have been bullet proof).

For his speed and agility....Dodges sub machine gun bullets at point blank range, dodges a black lantern fist flying at him at high speeds, jumps behind Joker before he can swing an axe, the last one is just insane and would be a task to describe....

Onto strength ... One shot's a lion, kicks one guy far off of a building and then launches another far into some debris with a casual punch, launches a Creeper clone with a flying kick then sends two out of the gate and into the water with a double kick, notice the big guy (Gavin) sending like 15 of them Creeper clones into the water, Jack punts him into the water after its all said and done...

Next, fights ....

Fighting Manbat, clawing his back out and clawing his face out ....

Fighting a severely de-powered Hermes, Hermes wasn't hurt or even feeling any of Creeper's punches but for a de-powered god to get smacked up like this...it is definitely worth mentioning, especially in regards to Jack Ryder's speed.

Fighting a demon Werewolf, tricking it into breaking his restraints in the first scan, the rest is what Creeper looks like when his morals are off...something to think about when looking at round 2....

With all of this said and me already knowing a good majority of Deathstroke's feats, I think both rounds are completely even and both combatants have an equal chance to win. Deathstroke has feats that definitely compare to Creeper's and are better as far as agility and speed but he is notably weaker physically, less durable and has a MUCH slower healing factor, not to mention the Creeper's laugh but that's why he has prep in Round 1 and the advantage of starting in the facility ..... In Round 2, Slade should be nearly as durable as Jack due to his Nth Metal Armor. Slade's healing factor in New 52 seems to be a bit faster compared to it's previous incarnation, it's still not nearly as fast as Jack's but it'll help him against the laugh among other things. His weapons may not be of too much use but to slow Ryder down, Slade has to rely on his reaction speed and armor as well as his superior skill to keep up with his superior opponent who's laughter could echo through the entire facility.

My personal thoughts on who'd win

Deathstroke should probably win Round 1 due to him having prep, having better speed feats, being more skilled, being inside the facility first where he could set traps during his prep and having access to weapons that would rip Ryder a new one. He's prepped for Black Canary's scream in the past and could very well do the same for Creeper's laugh ...

Something along those lines would take away one of Creeper's advantages. In a straight up fight Slade may not be fully able to put Creeper down but using his superior speed, skill and weaponry he could dismember or decapitate Jack long enough to separate the body parts and throw them into chemical vats, I think that'd be enough to at least get a KO or Incapacitation win...

Round 2 is harder to talk about.

I agree with this lovely essay lol.

#25 Posted by The_Titan_Lord (4517 posts) - - Show Bio

DS