Both are bloodlusted

Who wins

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

I'd vote for Shaw. I just don't see how Deathstroke could win in a random encounter.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Avatar image for deactivated-5a5a76120d2ba
deactivated-5a5a76120d2ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@floopay:

I might could see Slade pulling out a BFR win. He is easily agile enough and tactical enough to get rid of Shaw, even though he can not beat him physically.

Ddecourt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@floopay said:

I'd vote for Shaw. I just don't see how Deathstroke could win in a random encounter.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

I agree. Although if DS has knowledge of Shaw's power, then he wins.

BullPR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shaw is very very though to beat, specially through pure physical attacks.

Very easy win for him in my opinion.

RenaissanceMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wouldn't Slade just dice him with his sword here? That's what he did to Warbalde. Slade wins.

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ddecourt said:

@floopay said:

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

I agree. Although if DS has knowledge of Shaw's power, then he wins.

I honestly don't see how. The only way to beat Shaw's power is to induce force slowly, which Deathstroke wouldn't have time for. Telepathy, magic, and a few others can be used as well, but none of that Deathstroke really has access to.

He'd have to be about 20x stronger (or more) to have any chance with physical force.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@floopay:

I might could see Slade pulling out a BFR win. He is easily agile enough and tactical enough to get rid of Shaw, even though he can not beat him physically.

I don't see how he would BFR him. Shaw is a brawler, but he's also a genius. I'd see him keeping up with Wilson's tactics.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

BullPR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@renaissanceman: a sword attack will not work on Shaw. The way his power his working, the kinetic energy associated with the sword will be use to increase a lot of his abilities, including his stamina and his durability.

Selene (a very long time ago), when she wanted the position a black queen, launched a very very passive attack on Shaw and he was almost buried alive. However, the infime movement of the rock was enough to give him super-human strength.

So no, I don't see a physical attack by a deathstroke able to take Show.

Ddecourt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Ddecourt

@floopay: He doesn't need to beat him in physical combat to beat Shaw. DS can find a bunch of ways to defeat Shaw without having to lift a finger against him physically.

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Someone correct me if I'm mistaken, but can Shaws kinetic energy absorbtion power be overloaded? He does have a limit IIRC

Even if thats true, I cant think of what Slade could do without sufficent prep to get around Shaws power.

Ddecourt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Someone correct me if I'm mistaken, but can Shaws kinetic energy absorbtion power be overloaded? He does have a limit IIRC

Even if thats true, I cant think of what Slade could do without sufficent prep to get around Shaws power.

Shaw's abilities can be overloaded by too great an influx of power, like being hit with too many superhumanly strong punches. Shaw can also be defeated if an opponent focuses on simply immobilizing him without striking him with significant force, or if something heavy falls on him, for though he can sap the kinetic falling energy, the weight of the object could still crush him, unless he is strong enough to lift/stop it. Rogue once defeated Shaw simply by picking him up and throwing him straight up into the atmosphere, effectively removing him from the battlefield. There is an upper limit to the amount of energy that Shaw can absorb and convert: once he was "overloaded" by electrical energy discharged from the X-Man named Storm, and fell into a temporary coma. However, the exact extent of this limit remains unknown.

BullPR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He does have a limit, but if Colossus wasn't able to overpower him, I don't see how deathstroke could. I think Magneto in an old episode with the New Mutants, was able to overpower him.

But that's maybe a false memory, it was too long ago...

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ddecourt said:

@floopay: He doesn't need to beat him in physical combat to beat Shaw. DS can find a bunch of ways to defeat Shaw without having to lift a finger against him physically.

Name one.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Avatar image for New_World_Order
New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By New_World_Order

Shaw stomps

Ddecourt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Ddecourt

@floopay: I did post before a few thing that can be used against him and one logical scenario that I can see happening in this fight is DS immobilizing Shaw with a grenade of polymer glue (similar to the one Ollie uses with his trick arrows on stronger adversaries) and the rest is really simple; DS comes in and shoots Shaw in the head. Shaw may be smart, but he's not a tactical genius.

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ddecourt said:

@floopay: I did post before a few thing that can be used against him and one logical scenario that I can see happening in this fight is DS immobilizing Shaw with a grenade of polymer glue (similar to the one Ollie uses with his trick arrows on stronger adversaries) and the rest is really simple; DS comes in and shoots Shaw in the head. Shaw may be smart, but he's not a tactical genius.

Glue is nice and all, but if Shaw can create fiction he'll become stronger and break out.

Shooting Shaw in the head has been tried before, in fact, he's been stabbed by adamantium and it did nothing to him. Even Wolverine wasn't able to scratch the guy.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

BullPR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By BullPR

@floopay said:

@ddecourt said:

Glue is nice and all, but if Shaw can create fiction he'll become stronger and break out.

Shooting Shaw in the head has been tried before, in fact, he's been stabbed by adamantium and it did nothing to him. Even Wolverine wasn't able to scratch the guy.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

I agree 100%.

@ddecourt: you should read the mini fight between Shaw and Selene I mentioned above (Uncanny X-Men 189) to see what approach could work against him.

But even Selene passive attack didn't totally work.

Deathstroke has not tools at his disposition here.

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bullpr: I remember that issue. That was one of those moments when it was so obvious he was going to get out, that even though the writer thought he was clever, everyone pretty much guessed what was going to happen 2 pages before he broke out...

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

BullPR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@floopay said:

@bullpr: I remember that issue. That was one of those moments when it was so obvious he was going to get out, that even though the writer thought he was clever, everyone pretty much guessed what was going to happen 2 pages before he broke out...

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

No criticism is allowed over this period of the X-men! (1985)

:-)

My best years as a comics reader!

I was really waiting each issue, every week, with a huge impatience!

Now (and since 2 decades now...) it's only trade paperbacks...and a couple of years after the events most of the time...

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bullpr: There were plenty of brilliant comics from that era. That was not one of them! :P

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Ddecourt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By dondave

Shaw still needs time IIRC to increase his durability, Deathstroke could decapitate him with stroke of his sword at the beginning of the battle

BullPR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dondave said:

Shaw still needs time IIRC to increase his durability, Deathstroke could decapitate him with stroke of his sword at the beginning of the battle

Not really (That's why bullets or even stronger hits from colossus are working).

As I wrote above, very very difficult to overpower him through a physical attack.

@ddecourt: let me try to find something nice

BullPR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By BullPR
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

@ddecourt:

@dondave:

Any physical attack (hit or energy, bullets or swords are following the same pattern or proprieties than any other attack) should not work against Show.

No Caption Provided

The only that could work are the very passive ones. The only such attack that almost succeeded was the one by Selene that I mentioned above and that is shown in the last image on the right.

For the delay: none. See the attack on

No Caption Provided

Nimrod, Rogue didn't hit him before the throw because Show's abilities are quite instantaneous (last image on the left)

Bo88gdan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shaw wins

Ddecourt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Ddecourt

@bullpr: You do realize that polymer glue gets more stronger the more effort you put to break free from it.

BullPR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By BullPR

@ddecourt said:

@bullpr: You do realize that polymer glue gets more stronger the more effort you put to break free from it.

I do believe he will break free, but let's consider an hypothetical situation of Shaw not moving. Well, in fact that the way he is at the beginning of most of his fights...

Again, he won't be hurt by a physical attack.

To be honest, I have the feeling that the debate around this battle is over for me.

Unless you show me scans about deathstroke (that don't exist) to answer to mines: hits by Colossus or She-Hulk, not enough. Energy projection by Holocaust, not enough either.

Ddecourt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I had stated over and over again that DS doesn't need to lay a finger on him to defeat him. He could imprison Shaw and dispose of him in different ways that doesn't revolves on anything physical.

BullPR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By BullPR

@ddecourt said:

I had stated over and over again that DS doesn't need to lay a finger on him to defeat him. He could imprison Shaw and dispose of him in different ways that doesn't revolves on anything physical.

No.

You stated that above already, that's right (post #10). Then @floopay asked you to be more precise (post #14) and your answer (post #16) was to shoot him in the head. Answer to that see post #17 ans all my scans.

I don't take into account your post #12 because it's just a copy and past of the weaknesses from his page (http://marvel.wikia.com/Sebastian_Shaw_%28Earth-616%29)...you didn't even edit this sentence: "electrical energy discharged from the X-Man named Storm" and I can't believe one second that you don't know that Storm is a woman... :-)

JackKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sebastian Shaw curbstomps because of his powers.

Ddecourt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Ddecourt

@bullpr: I wonder what's important here hmm I wonder... Shaw's weaknesses or the fact that I used Marvel wiki?

BullPR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ddecourt said:

@bullpr: I wonder what's important here hmm I wonder... Shaw's weaknesses or the fact that I used Marvel wiki?

Hum, I guess you misunderstood my point.

For me none of the points in this paragraph you found was relevant (it's bad writing,it's not edited and even quite stupid) and I'm much more interesting by your own analysis and your own hypothesis/solutions.

The one that you provided (to shoot him in the head) do not work.

What else do YOU think could work???

At certain point you will have to acknowledge that the two of them are not playing in the same league. Deathstroke has only access to physical attacks, and they won't work on Shaw. That quite simple.

If you absolutely want to find one situation that produces a different outcome, you will have to trick the system so much that you will start to enter the area of the PIS and Co.