Avatar image for alexander_anderson
Alexander Anderson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

vs.

This should make for an interesting fight. Battle takes place at the Metropolitan Opera. Who wins?

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2  Edited By The_Ghostshell

I'm going with Shaw in this one.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Static Shock

Sebastian

Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By Hadrelius

Shaw can only absorb kinetic energy.

What can he do if DS just cuts his head off?

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Static Shock

Shaw absorbs kinetic energy from every attack dealt to him, making him stronger and more durable. That includes getting slashed. Cuts would be superficial because his body would sap the cutting/thrusting energy of the blade. So.... It wouldn't work.

Tao Ming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Tao Ming

Deathstroke shoots him in the head.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Static Shock

Tao Ming says:

"Deathstroke shoots him in the head."

Bullets don't work either. Nice try though.

Tao Ming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Tao Ming

Poison. No energy for him to absorb there

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Static Shock

Tao Ming says:

"Poison. No energy for him to absorb there"

Well, that would work. But, because it's not something that Deathstroke readily has in his initial equipment, I doubt he would use it.

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#10  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

I mostly agree that Deathstroke can't really get anywhere in a fight with Shaw, but I feel like trying anyway. Shaw doesn't absorb all the energy when he gets hit. He absorbs most of it, but still sustains some damage in most cases. There are a couple of ways Deathstroke could hurt Shaw with attacks where only a little damage is effective. He could shoot or stab shaw in the eye or jam a grenade in his mouth or his pants. He could also try nerve strikes. That's more about hitting in the right place than hitting hard. If he puts all his (superhuman) strength behind a hit, the little that gets through could be enough to disable him the way DS would normally be able to do with just a finger. These methods would be most useful at the beginning of the fight when Shaw hasn't already increased his durability to where the little things no longer get through. That's on offense though. Switching to defense, Slade is not only incredibly agile, but he has a great healing factor. Even if he can't take Shaw down, I don't see him getting caught, and even if he does, his healing factor should keep him alive. Slade is also very intelligent. I think it would be a simple matter for him to either lead Shaw where he wants or predict his attack plan, making it even easier for him to stay out of Shaw's path. He could even trick Shaw into either expending his stored up energy or overloading himself depending on his surroundings.

Sync

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Sync

i have a question, does breathing gas count kientic enegry????; i guess, i would say no since shaw breathes oxygen. I could wrong

deathstroke has use items and gadgets of that nature before.

another question what about mircowaves or rad, shaw soaks it ups if he at the beach, so if deathsroke had and item like that would that effect shaw??

what about a lead using expolding things, where shaw just laughs his way to deathstoke, and the last device goes off, letting shaw fall in acid bath... now would the impact of shaw hitting the acid bath count, towards his powers or would he live.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Sync says:

"i have a question, does breathing gas count kientic enegry????; i guess, i would say no since shaw breathes oxygen. I could wrongdeathstroke has use items and gadgets of that nature before.another question what about mircowaves or rad, shaw soaks it ups if he at the beach, so if deathsroke had and item like that would that effect shaw??what about a lead using expolding things, where shaw just laughs his way to deathstoke, and the last device goes off, letting shaw fall in acid bath... now would the impact of shaw hitting the acid bath count, towards his powers or would he live."

Why are you setting up the fight in Deathstrokes favor? Its suppose to be a battle between the most recent versions of the characters, and with there normal gear. Last time I checked Deathstroke doesn't walk around with a pocket full of radiation or a tub of acid.

Sync

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Sync

Gambler says:

"Sync says:
"i have a question, does breathing gas count kientic enegry????; i guess, i would say no since shaw breathes oxygen. I could wrong deathstroke has use items and gadgets of that nature before. another question what about mircowaves or rad, shaw soaks it ups if he at the beach, so if deathsroke had and item like that would that effect shaw?? what about a lead using expolding things, where shaw just laughs his way to deathstoke, and the last device goes off, letting shaw fall in acid bath... now would the impact of shaw hitting the acid bath count, towards his powers or would he live."
Why are you setting up the fight in Deathstrokes favor? Its suppose to be a battle between the most recent versions of the characters, and with there **normal** gear. Last time I checked Deathstroke doesn't walk around with a pocket full of radiation or a tub of acid. "

i only ask a question, and this was 1) base off deathstoke cleveness and smartness. 2) he has use gadets like gas bombs, or went as far as blown the floor from under his enemies or being the house down so to speak? The fact acid or beach or whatever could be at the battle site, like wood tress, cars whatever.

last, the 2 main question ARE????!! does gas affetc him, with deathstokes does have, and if by some twist of fate if shaw fell into something of a acid bath or some acid like agent landed on him, would the landing of the agent count as kinetic enegry and shaw would be protected?? or even him landing in something like that???

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Static Shock

Buckshot says:

"I mostly agree that Deathstroke can't really get anywhere in a fightwith Shaw, but I feel like trying anyway. Shaw doesn't absorb all theenergy when he gets hit. He absorbs most of it, but still sustains somedamage in most cases. There are a couple of ways Deathstroke could hurtShaw with attacks where only a little damage is effective. He couldshoot or stab shaw in the eye or jam a grenade in his mouth or hispants. He could also try nerve strikes. That's more about hitting inthe right place than hitting hard. If he puts all his (superhuman)strength behind a hit, the little that gets through could be enough todisable him the way DS would normally be able to do with just a finger.These methods would be most useful at the beginning of the fight whenShaw hasn't already increased his durability to where the little thingsno longer get through. That's on offense though. Switching to defense,Slade is not only incredibly agile, but he has a great healing factor.Even if he can't take Shaw down, I don't see him getting caught, andeven if he does, his healing factor should keep him alive. Slade isalso very intelligent. I think it would be a simple matter for him toeither lead Shaw where he wants or predict his attack plan, making iteven easier for him to stay out of Shaw's path. He could even trickShaw into either expending his stored up energy or overloading himselfdepending on his surroundings."

Well, I can roll with that. I didn't take into account Slade's intelligence. I can see ways that DS could win this.
Post Edited:2008-03-04 13:40:16

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By The_Ghostshell

So based off Deathstroke's intelligence, he brings to the fight some radiation? And how often does he carry around and or use gas? Cause honestly, I believe its very limited and isn't standard gear. (but if you have sources on how often he carries gas I'll listen) There use to be a very detailed section on his page about Gear and Abilities but someones erased it. In the showings I've seen him in, (without prep) he normally caries his staff, sword, and guns.

Can Shaw be harmed by acid? Is it relevant? No.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Static Shock

Gambler says:

"There useto be a very detailed section on his page about **Gear and Abilities**but someones erased it."

A noob probably erased it.