• 132 results
#1 Edited by lordofthebrocean (657 posts) - - Show Bio

Rnd 1 = One week prep for both
Rnd 2 = Random Encounter 
KO, Incapacitation, Draw or Death. No BFR.
Deathstroke
Quicksilver

#2 Posted by Power NeXus (9899 posts) - - Show Bio

Deathstroke wins. He's tagged the Flash before.

#3 Posted by CosmicSpiral (5471 posts) - - Show Bio

I would pick Deathstroke both times, even though in Round 2 he should get logically beaten. 

#4 Posted by Sherlock (7087 posts) - - Show Bio

Rnd 1 DS
RND 2 Quicksilver

#5 Posted by Red_Blade (2441 posts) - - Show Bio

DS in both

#6 Posted by Zoom (14668 posts) - - Show Bio
@Red_Blade said:
"DS in both "
#7 Posted by CylonDorado (1867 posts) - - Show Bio

If he's tagged the Flash, Quicksilver would be even easier.
#8 Edited by Static Shock (47330 posts) - - Show Bio
@CylonDorado said:

" If he's tagged the Flash, Quicksilver would be even easier. "

He tagged the Flash due to certain circumstances, one of them being that Flash wasn't moving faster than Deathstroke could react, another being that he prepped for him, and the other being that Flash wasn't paying attention when he was shot him with the blasting staff (and later ended of tripping over his staff because he was still dazed from the attack). It's not like he can hit the Flash if he's moving several times faster than sound or at light speed.
#9 Edited by Static Shock (47330 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll give DS round one, but he loses round two (especially if Quicksilver's going all out).

#10 Posted by CylonDorado (1867 posts) - - Show Bio
@Static Shock:
Ok, fair enough.
#11 Posted by pooty (10310 posts) - - Show Bio
@Static Shock: EXACTLY. flash was not using his full potential when deathstroke beat him. quicksilver mind moves extremely fast. in a week he could process every possible scenario an advantage flash didn't have. quicksilver should take both
#12 Posted by Static Shock (47330 posts) - - Show Bio
@pooty said:
"in a week he could process every possible scenario an advantage flash didn't have.
You made him sound like he's supposed to be Midnighter. When has Quicksilver done this?
#13 Posted by The Mjolnir Wielder (7906 posts) - - Show Bio
@Power NeXus said:
"Deathstroke wins. He's tagged the Flash before. "

On multiple occasions, actually
#14 Posted by Static Shock (47330 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope people aren't using that as the basis of their argument. Not saying that Quicksilver is faster than the Flash, but it seems as if people aren't considering the actual reason as to why Deathstroke is able to tag the Flash, albeit not considering that Flash could beat Deathstroke if he really wanted to.

#15 Posted by The Mjolnir Wielder (7906 posts) - - Show Bio
@Static Shock said:
"I hope people aren't using that as the basis of their argument. Not saying that Quicksilver is faster than the Flash, but it seems as if people aren't considering the actual reason as to why Deathstroke is able to tag the Flash, albeit not considering that Flash could beat Deathstroke if he really wanted to. "

Even then, tagging someone who's coming in at the speed of sound should be child's play for Slade.
#16 Edited by Static Shock (47330 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Mjolnir Wielder said:

"Even then, tagging someone who's coming in at the speed of sound should be child's play for Slade. "

But, would be quite an adventure for someone who moves many times faster than sound. The Flash can easily achieve that, not to mention Quicksilver.  

Anyway, Slade tagging anyone at Mach 1 is weird, when street-levelers consistently tag Slade. Something is wrong with that.
#17 Posted by The Mjolnir Wielder (7906 posts) - - Show Bio
@Static Shock said:
"@The Mjolnir Wielder said:

"Even then, tagging someone who's coming in at the speed of sound should be child's play for Slade. "

But, would be quite an adventure for someone who moves many times faster than sound. The Flash can easily achieve that, not to mention Quicksilver.   Anyway, Slade tagging anyone at Mach 1 is weird, when street-levelers consistently tag Slade. Something is wrong with that."

I wasn't aware that Pietro moves a lot faster than the speed of sound.
#18 Posted by Surge2477 (1101 posts) - - Show Bio
"@Static Shock said:
"I hope people aren't using that as the basis of their argument. Not saying that Quicksilver is faster than the Flash, but it seems as if people aren't considering the actual reason as to why Deathstroke is able to tag the Flash, albeit not considering that Flash could beat Deathstroke if he really wanted to. "
Even then, tagging someone who's coming in at the speed of sound should be child's play for Slade. "

@The Mjolnir Wielder:

quicksilver can reach the Mach 5. Quicksilver wins this easily before opponent can see him coming.
#19 Posted by Static Shock (47330 posts) - - Show Bio
""I wasn't aware that Pietro moves a lot faster than the speed of sound. "
Mach 5. There have been recent showings that would suggest he's faster now than he was normally.
#20 Posted by The Mjolnir Wielder (7906 posts) - - Show Bio
@Surge2477 said:
"@The Mjolnir Wielder said:
"@Static Shock said:
Even then, tagging someone who's coming in at the speed of sound should be child's play for Slade. "
@The Mjolnir Wielder: quicksilver can reach the Mach 5. Quicksilver wins this easily before opponent can see him coming. "

I guess you've missed virtually all of Slade's high-end reaction feats (particularly in his performances against Wally West)
#21 Posted by Static Shock (47330 posts) - - Show Bio
"I guess you've missed virtually all of Slade's high-end reaction feats (particularly in his performances against Wally West) "
Wally West never used the high-ends of his speed against Deathstroke. So, it doesn't even matter.
#22 Posted by geraldthesloth (33313 posts) - - Show Bio
@Static Shock said:
" @The Mjolnir Wielder said:
"I guess you've missed virtually all of Slade's high-end reaction feats (particularly in his performances against Wally West) "
Wally West never used the high-ends of his speed against Deathstroke. So, it doesn't even matter. "
Even at that, Bart Allen still blitzed Deathstroke and managed to get caught in the process.
#23 Posted by Surge2477 (1101 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Mjolnir Wielder:
@.   Anyway, Slade tagging anyone at Mach 1 is weird, when street-levelers consistently tag Slade. Something is wrong with that."
@Static Shock: 

So is it safe to say that if street levelers are tagging Slade, then Quicksilver can tag him as well?
#24 Posted by The Mjolnir Wielder (7906 posts) - - Show Bio
@Static Shock said:
Wally West never used the high-ends of his speed against Deathstroke. So, it doesn't even matter. "

There are still a few more examples of Slade countering speed blitzes faster than that of Pietro, even without prep being a factor.
#25 Posted by Static Shock (47330 posts) - - Show Bio
@Surge2477 said:
" So is it safe to say that if street levelers are tagging Slade, then Quicksilver can tag him as well? "
I don't see why it wouldn't be.

@geraldthesloth said:
" Even at that, Bart Allen still blitzed Deathstroke and managed to get caught in the process. "
Because Bart wasn't moving at speeds that would be considered at the high-ends of his ability to move at superhuman speed.
#26 Posted by Static Shock (47330 posts) - - Show Bio
"There are still a few more examples of Slade countering speed blitzes faster than that of Pietro, even without prep being a factor. "
Yet, Slade hasn't shown to out-react anyone that was moving faster than sound or greater in any of those examples.
#27 Posted by The Mjolnir Wielder (7906 posts) - - Show Bio

Hasn't Slade easily evaded Starfire's bolts before (I'm pretty sure that they're at least Mach 1)?

#28 Posted by Static Shock (47330 posts) - - Show Bio
Hasn't Slade easily evaded Starfire's bolts before (I'm pretty sure that they're at least Mach 1)? "
Quicksilver is Mach 5, and possibly greater. So, the starbolts don't tell me much. Not to mention that Quicksilver has recently dodged lightning from the sky, which was also channeled through Thor's hammer in Mighty Avengers #34. Lightning is faster than sound.
#29 Posted by The Mjolnir Wielder (7906 posts) - - Show Bio
@Static Shock said:
Hasn't Slade easily evaded Starfire's bolts before (I'm pretty sure that they're at least Mach 1)? "
Quicksilver is Mach 5, and possibly greater. So, the starbolts don't tell me much. Not to mention that Quicksilver has recently dodged lightning from the sky, which was also channeled through Thor's hammer in Mighty Avengers #34. Lightning is faster than sound."

I've actually heard some people say that the starbolts are faster than the speed of sound, but I'm not positive.
#30 Posted by Static Shock (47330 posts) - - Show Bio
"I've actually heard some people say that the starbolts are faster than the speed of sound, but I'm not positive. "
I've heard it, too. But, haven't seen in referenced in comics.
#31 Posted by The Mjolnir Wielder (7906 posts) - - Show Bio
@Static Shock said:
"I've actually heard some people say that the starbolts are faster than the speed of sound, but I'm not positive. "
I've heard it, too. But, haven't seen in referenced in comics. "

Well, I'm leaning towards simply agreeing to disagree in this thread. I've always felt that Slade's speed/reaction abilities have been pretty consistent through the years, but all of your points are still valid.
#32 Edited by Static Shock (47330 posts) - - Show Bio

""Well, I'm leaning towards simply agreeing to disagree in this thread. I've always felt that Slade's speed/reaction abilities have been pretty consistent through the years, but all of your points are still valid. "

Slade's reaction time is consistent. But, people have to understand that the Flash doesn't utilize his higher-end speeds unless the situation calls for it (like the time Bart had to break light speed to out-run the blast of a photon cannon, or the time Wally had to fight Zoom at a speed that made time appear to stop, or the time he had to move at near light-speeds to save everyone in a city in Asia from a nuclear explosion). Other than fighting people like Zoom, or being in situation that required desperation, Flash doesn't move at these speeds because he doesn't need to. No writer would ever allow Deathstroke to tag Flash at those speeds, either. Quicksilver is used in the very same manner, but since he's allowed to kill and go all-out here, there isn't a reason as to why he wouldn't be able take out Deathstroke with ease, especially if he's able to move from Tibet to Indonesia and back in a few seconds.
#33 Posted by Matezoide2 (15994 posts) - - Show Bio

round 1: DS

round 2: PIS aside,Quicksilver

#34 Posted by JediXMan (27924 posts) - - Show Bio

Deathstroke has fought Flash. Quicksilver won't be a problem.

#35 Posted by Static Shock (47330 posts) - - Show Bio
@JediXMan said:
" Deathstroke has fought Flash.
This isn't good enough, since Flash never goes all out on Deathstroke.
#36 Posted by Matezoide2 (15994 posts) - - Show Bio
@Static Shock said:
" @JediXMan said:
" Deathstroke has fought Flash.
This isn't good enough, since Flash never goes all out on Deathstroke. "
just to know,am i the only who thinks it is PIS either way?
#37 Posted by Static Shock (47330 posts) - - Show Bio
@Matezoide said:
"just to know,am i the only who thinks it is PIS either way? "
Depends on how you look at it.
#38 Posted by DetectiveQ (83 posts) - - Show Bio

I vaguely recall a scene from Loeb's 90's X-Force where Quicksilver sword fights Shatterstar to a standstill. I'm not sure what that means here, but I think it's relevant.

#39 Edited by Static Shock (47330 posts) - - Show Bio
@DetectiveQ: I don't see how that was possible for Shatterstar. Jeph Loeb's writing is something else.
#40 Posted by Dark Zoom (2332 posts) - - Show Bio
@Static Shock:  i thought quicksilver could displace himself from the time stream? or did he lose the mist power?
#41 Edited by The Man of Yesteryear (5502 posts) - - Show Bio

Round 1: Deathstroke.
Round 2: Quicksilver.

#42 Posted by Static Shock (47330 posts) - - Show Bio
@Dark Zoom said:
" @Static Shock:  i thought quicksilver could displace himself from the time stream? or did he lose the mist power? "
He lost that power, and gained his superhuman speed back in X-Factor.
#43 Posted by GamorasBigDaddy (2818 posts) - - Show Bio

Slade wins both... 

He's been blitzed by faster & gotten out of it!
#44 Posted by Static Shock (47330 posts) - - Show Bio
@GamorasBigDaddy said:
"He's been blitzed by faster & gotten out of it! "
You just ignored everything that was said in here, and disregarded the fact that Flash doesn't even blitz Deathstroke at high-end speeds.
#45 Posted by Dark Zoom (2332 posts) - - Show Bio
@Static Shock:  oh that sucks
#46 Posted by CosmicSpiral (5471 posts) - - Show Bio

If someone would display Quicksilver doing creative feats with his speed, I would give round 2 to him. As of now I don't believe he's a good enough fighter to win. 

#47 Posted by Red_Blade (2441 posts) - - Show Bio

I will admit though that Quicksilver could win, he just most likely won't if the fight is in character

#48 Posted by Static Shock (47330 posts) - - Show Bio
@CosmicSpiral said:
" If someone would display Quicksilver doing creative feats with his speed, I would give round 2 to him. As of now I don't believe he's a good enough fighter to win.  "
Why does he need to be creative here when he can beat him quickly?
#49 Edited by CosmicSpiral (5471 posts) - - Show Bio
@Static Shock said:

" @CosmicSpiral said:

" If someone would display Quicksilver doing creative feats with his speed, I would give round 2 to him. As of now I don't believe he's a good enough fighter to win.  "
Why does he need to be creative here when he can beat him quickly? "
I feel like Quicksilver is a character who never utilizes his power to the fullest because of his personality. Even in Round 2, when he should logically win by virtue of his speed, he'll give Deathstroke opportunities to take him out because he's sloppy and undisciplined. If it was just the power-sets, I pick Quicksilver's in Round 2 every time. 
#50 Posted by pooty (10310 posts) - - Show Bio
@Static Shock: I have no idea who Midnighter is lol but i thought all speedsters could process info much faster than most people. But i've seen Quicksilver understand entire books in seconds. input hundreds of pass codes in seconds. he has to see, hear, react and process his surroundings when moving at super speeds. speedsters just move and think faster than most people. IMO