• 84 results
#1 Posted by Yaujtapool (7577 posts) - - Show Bio

The battle takes place in the weapon x facility and all parties are armed with their usual equipment . 
It is a random encounter .

VS

#2 Posted by Bobby X (1141 posts) - - Show Bio

Deathstroke should win here. Any takers?
#3 Posted by kaino12 (3151 posts) - - Show Bio

omega red. skill doesnt save u from coils and deathspores.
#4 Posted by Bobby X (1141 posts) - - Show Bio
@kaino12:
Deathspores have zero to little effect, Slade has a HF.
#5 Posted by Dark King (3727 posts) - - Show Bio

no where near logan's or sabe's and it didnt help wild child

#6 Posted by kaino12 (3151 posts) - - Show Bio

not enough healing factor.
#7 Posted by Lance Uppercut (23244 posts) - - Show Bio

Slade gets tentacle raped.

#8 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

Omega Red.

#9 Posted by Yaujtapool (7577 posts) - - Show Bio
@Static Shock said:
" Omega Red. "
Do you reckon it would be close ?
#10 Edited by Bobby X (1141 posts) - - Show Bio
@Dark King:
No, not as good as theirs, but I think it would be enough to significantly reduce the effects of the deathspores. I didn't see the Wild CHild incident your talking about so that intrigues me...might have to retract my statement then. Any details?
#11 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
Even though Slade is more skilled, I am uncertain if he could bypass the death spores.
#12 Posted by kaino12 (3151 posts) - - Show Bio

*in a Christopher Walken voice.* gotta have more healing factor.
#13 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio
@Yaujtapool said:
" Do you reckon it would be close ? "
Not exactly sure...
#14 Posted by Lance Uppercut (23244 posts) - - Show Bio
@Bobby X said:
" @Dark King: No, not as good as theirs, but I think it would be enough to significantly reduce the effects of the deathspores. I didn't see the Wild CHild incident your talking about so that intrigues me...might have to retract my statement then. Any details? "
Let's just say that Wild Child got handled and leave it at that. Tentacle through the throat, then got tossed in to magma, if I remember correctly.
#15 Posted by Bobby X (1141 posts) - - Show Bio
@kaino12:
Lol 

I think Slade can still win here. OR can be KOed and Slade definitely has the skill and speed to get some good shots in...perhaps the energy staff to the head?
#16 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

I read somewhere that his healing factor has rendered him naturally immune to foreign substances, deadly poisons, and illnesses.

#17 Posted by Bobby X (1141 posts) - - Show Bio
@Lance Uppercut said:
" @Bobby X said:
" @Dark King: No, not as good as theirs, but I think it would be enough to significantly reduce the effects of the deathspores. I didn't see the Wild CHild incident your talking about so that intrigues me...might have to retract my statement then. Any details? "
Let's just say that Wild Child got handled and leave it at that. Tentacle through the throat, then got tossed in to magma, if I remember correctly. "

Slade is a MUCH better more skilled fighter than Wild CHild. What I'm interested in were the spores effects on him. The spores were kicking his ass too?
#18 Posted by Lance Uppercut (23244 posts) - - Show Bio
@Bobby X said:
" @Lance Uppercut said:
" @Bobby X said:
Let's just say that Wild Child got handled and leave it at that. Tentacle through the throat, then got tossed in to magma, if I remember correctly. "
Slade is a MUCH better more skilled fighter than Wild CHild. What I'm interested in were the spores effects on him. The spores were kicking his ass too? "
That's what I'm saying. They never even mentioned that the spores were used.
#19 Posted by k4tzm4n (51199 posts) - - Show Bio
@Bobby X said:
"@kaino12: Deathspores have zero to little effect, Slade has a HF. "

Wolverine almost died from pro-longed exposure to OR's spores...Medical aid from Maverick is the only reason he lived.  From what I understand, DS is EXTREMELY skilled, likely one of the most skilled "street-levelers" out there...However, from what I understand, he requires prep/knowledge of his foe sometimes?  This will be tough, since like others have said, his death spores will constantly weaken DS, his armor will protect him from a lot, his tendrils give a reach advantage, and to top it off, he's extremely durable and strong. Durable as in can withstand blows from Colossus with ease...Also, if he does get stabed, he has a healing factor which appears to be on  par with Wolverine's. Hopefully I'll learn more about DS here.
Staff
#20 Posted by Bobby X (1141 posts) - - Show Bio
@Lance Uppercut said:
" @Bobby X said:
" @Lance Uppercut said:
" @Bobby X said:
Slade is a MUCH better more skilled fighter than Wild CHild. What I'm interested in were the spores effects on him. The spores were kicking his ass too? "
That's what I'm saying. They never even mentioned that the spores were used. "

Oh I see
#21 Posted by Bobby X (1141 posts) - - Show Bio
@k4tzm4n said:
"@Bobby X said:

Wolverine almost died from pro-longed exposure to OR's spores...Medical aid from Maverick is the only reason he lived.  From what I understand, DS is EXTREMELY skilled, likely one of the most skilled "street-levelers" out there...However, from what I understand, he requires prep/knowledge of his foe sometimes?  This will be tough, since like others have said, his death spores will constantly weaken DS, his armor will protect him from a lot, his tendrils give a reach advantage, and to top it off, he's extremely durable and strong. Durable as in can withstand blows from Colossus with ease...Also, if he does get stabed, he has a healing factor which appears to be on  par with Wolverine's. Hopefully I'll learn more about DS here. "

OR can still be KOed though and Deathstroke is almost walking prep time because his brain works 9 times faster than a normal human's plus his enhnced strength, speed, especially reflexes... he can do it imo.
#22 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio
@Bobby X said:
"OR can still be KOed though and Deathstroke is almost walking prep time because his brain works 9 times faster than a normal human's plus his enhnced strength, speed, especially reflexes... he can do it imo. "
I don't know if that would be simple. It took Nightcrawler to drop him from several feet in the air to KO him.
#23 Posted by k4tzm4n (51199 posts) - - Show Bio
@Bobby X said:
"@k4tzm4n said:
"@Bobby X said:

Wolverine almost died from pro-longed exposure to OR's spores...Medical aid from Maverick is the only reason he lived.  From what I understand, DS is EXTREMELY skilled, likely one of the most skilled "street-levelers" out there...However, from what I understand, he requires prep/knowledge of his foe sometimes?  This will be tough, since like others have said, his death spores will constantly weaken DS, his armor will protect him from a lot, his tendrils give a reach advantage, and to top it off, he's extremely durable and strong. Durable as in can withstand blows from Colossus with ease...Also, if he does get stabed, he has a healing factor which appears to be on  par with Wolverine's. Hopefully I'll learn more about DS here. "

OR can still be KOed though and Deathstroke is almost walking prep time because his brain works 9 times faster than a normal human's plus his enhnced strength, speed, especially reflexes... he can do it imo. "

Yeah, I'm aware about his brain...But we're talking against a guy that goes unphased by a full out hit by Colossus and heals from Wolverine's stabs in seconds. I'm not saying he can't...I just think he needs some amazing weaponry at his disposal, an environment favoring him greatly, and A LOT of luck (Omega Red being sloppy)
Staff
#24 Posted by Bobby X (1141 posts) - - Show Bio
@Static Shock said:
" @Bobby X said:
"OR can still be KOed though and Deathstroke is almost walking prep time because his brain works 9 times faster than a normal human's plus his enhnced strength, speed, especially reflexes... he can do it imo. "
I don't know if that would be simple. It took Nightcrawler to drop him from several feet in the air to KO him. "

No, no it wouldn't be simple at all, by any means. Nothing about this battle is simple lol. I just think Deathstroke can do it. But to be completely honest, I'm still trying to come up with the argument for him to win lol :)
#25 Posted by kaino12 (3151 posts) - - Show Bio

i think the best chance slade has is to out live him by killing anyone OR trys to absorb and by staying out of range. 
#26 Posted by Bobby X (1141 posts) - - Show Bio

Here's th  at drop that KOed Red just for the hell of it. 

So THAT's what Slade has to hit wiht the equal force of lol
#27 Posted by castleking (24119 posts) - - Show Bio

you guys need to remember they were all weaken and tortured.... that wasnt a fully optimal omega red he even stated it on panel

#28 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio
@castleking said:
" you guys need to remember they were all weaken and tortured.... that wasnt a fully optimal omega red he even stated it on panel "
I missed that part.
#29 Posted by k4tzm4n (51199 posts) - - Show Bio
@castleking said:
"you guys need to remember they were all weaken and tortured.... that wasnt a fully optimal omega red he even stated it on panel "

Exactly.  OR was an experiment.  He said they would cut him open constantly and watch him heal.  Could be torture actually...Or research, I don't recall.  Anyway, he was very weak and sans armor.
Staff
#30 Posted by k4tzm4n (51199 posts) - - Show Bio
@Bobby X said:
"@Static Shock said:
" @Bobby X said:
I don't know if that would be simple. It took Nightcrawler to drop him from several feet in the air to KO him. "

No, no it wouldn't be simple at all, by any means. Nothing about this battle is simple lol. I just think Deathstroke can do it. But to be completely honest, I'm still trying to come up with the argument for him to win lol :) "

I think I could...Would you agree DS has the skill (agility, speed) to at least get near Omega Red on one occassion?  Well, doesn't DS's blade also consist of a metal that is sort of like DC's equivalent to adamantium or vibranium?  Hypothetically, if he could close the gap, he could win by thrusting the blade through the temple/eye/forehead.
Staff
#31 Posted by castleking (24119 posts) - - Show Bio
@Static Shock said:
" @castleking said:
" you guys need to remember they were all weaken and tortured.... that wasnt a fully optimal omega red he even stated it on panel "
I missed that part. "
i could be wrong i remember the x men were tortured and they escaped only to run into omega red who also had plugs all over his buddy and was escaping as well......

i also remember him sucking on colossus life force saying he is feeling better right before logan stopped the process... also commenting how he doesnt have his armor.........

logan stabbing him and omega in pain saying the barely hurt now....  it was reverencing he wasnt at a 100% either yet but was slowly getting better
#32 Posted by Bobby X (1141 posts) - - Show Bio
@Static Shock said:
" @castleking said:
I missed that part. "

Didn't know that about the scan either.  
I think barring some environmental circumstance that Slade could exploit (i.e. finding some type of device in the Weapon X faciltiy that could restrain OR or incapacitating him in some type of special cell somehow) I think I have to concede that OR wins here unless Slade has real prep or at least more than just his standard equipment. I'll be back if I think of anything
#33 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio
@castleking said:
"i could be wrong i remember the x men were tortured and they escaped only to run into omega red who also had plugs all over his buddy and was escaping as well......  i also remember him sucking on colossus life force saying he is feeling better right before logan stopped the process... also commenting how he doesnt have his armor.........  logan stabbing him and omega in pain saying the barely hurt now....  it was reverencing he wasnt at a 100% either yet but was slowly getting better "
Either way you look at it, he wasn't at 100%. So, Nightcrawler KOing him is valid, only for the state that Omega Red was currently in at the time.
#34 Posted by k4tzm4n (51199 posts) - - Show Bio
@k4tzm4n said:
"@Bobby X said:
"@Static Shock said:
" @Bobby X said:

No, no it wouldn't be simple at all, by any means. Nothing about this battle is simple lol. I just think Deathstroke can do it. But to be completely honest, I'm still trying to come up with the argument for him to win lol :) "
I think I could...Would you agree DS has the skill (agility, speed) to at least get near Omega Red on one occassion?  Well, doesn't DS's blade also consist of a metal that is sort of like DC's equivalent to adamantium or vibranium?  Hypothetically, if he could close the gap, he could win by thrusting the blade through the temple/eye/forehead. "

Could someone please address the bolded part? 
Staff
#35 Posted by Bobby X (1141 posts) - - Show Bio
@k4tzm4n said:
"@Bobby X said:
"@Static Shock said:
" @Bobby X said:

I think I could...Would you agree DS has the skill (agility, speed) to at least get near Omega Red on one occassion?  Well, doesn't DS's blade also consist of a metal that is sort of like DC's equivalent to adamantium or vibranium?  Hypothetically, if he could close the gap, he could win by thrusting the blade through the temple/eye/forehead. "

actually yeah...its made out of prometheum I believe, which is a near-equivalent, not quite adamantium imo but could be enough.
#36 Posted by k4tzm4n (51199 posts) - - Show Bio

So then, the real question is, does DS have speed/agility feats that would allow him to close the gap?  If so, he has the potential to win.
Staff
#37 Posted by Bobby X (1141 posts) - - Show Bio
@k4tzm4n:
I definitely think so. He has quite impressive speed burst feats and enhanced reflexes. I have believed he has always had the potential...let me see what I can find for scans of his speed.
#38 Posted by k4tzm4n (51199 posts) - - Show Bio
@Bobby X said:
"@k4tzm4n: I definitely think so. He has quite impressive speed burst feats and enhanced reflexes. I have believed he has always had the potential...let me see what I can find for scans of his speed. "

Thank you.  Then I would agree, Slade could indeed win...However, OR has too many advantages and is likely to pull a majority, especially because it's such a small environment (in most rooms), giving DS less room to maneuver.
Staff
#39 Posted by castleking (24119 posts) - - Show Bio

also i remember a long time ago logan's claws didnt always penetrate his skin and it was more or less of similar composite of the carbonadium coils ..........

many of logans claws were always minor cuts never full penetration.... i always believed omega red was more durable as an explanation but now with new generation writers i dont know what to think....

i guess they simply ignore it now or can be explained as weaken red with no armor as well..

but thats what i hate about getting older and newer writers taking over....

#40 Edited by k4tzm4n (51199 posts) - - Show Bio
@castleking said:

"also i remember a long time ago logan's claws didnt always penetrate his skin and it was more or less of similar composite of the carbonadium coils ..........  many of logans claws were always minor cuts never full penetration.... i always believed omega red was more durable as an explanation but now with new generation writers i dont know what to think....  i guess they simply ignore it now or can be explained as weaken red with no armor as well..  but thats what i hate about getting older and newer writers taking over.... "

Continuity with characters always hits the fan...Thats why with battles, I always go with current (or most current before death), unless stated otherwise.
Staff
#41 Posted by Bobby X (1141 posts) - - Show Bio
@k4tzm4n said:
"@Bobby X said:
"@k4tzm4n: I definitely think so. He has quite impressive speed burst feats and enhanced reflexes. I have believed he has always had the potential...let me see what I can find for scans of his speed. "
Thank you.  Then I would agree, Slade could indeed win...However, OR has too many advantages and is likely to pull a majority, especially because it's such a small environment (in most rooms), giving DS less room to maneuver. "
I have to agree with this. I think the majority has to go to OR given the circumstances. 

@castleking said:
"also i remember a long time ago logan's claws didnt always penetrate his skin and it was more or less of similar composite of the carbonadium coils ..........  many of logans claws were always minor cuts never full penetration.... i always believed omega red was more durable as an explanation but now with new generation writers i dont know what to think....  i guess they simply ignore it now or can be explained as weaken red with no armor as well..  but thats what i hate about getting older and newer writers taking over.... "

I also noticed this. OR used to appear almost invulnerable...now he may just be another healer? very annoying
#42 Posted by castleking (24119 posts) - - Show Bio

ive decided to boycott marvel since they ruined all my wpnX ppl storylines and character powers......

#43 Posted by k4tzm4n (51199 posts) - - Show Bio
@castleking said:
"ive decided to boycott marvel since they ruined all my wpnX ppl storylines and character powers...... "

AGREED. 

Cyber, now has heart problems.
Omega Red, dead. 
Sabretooth, dead. 
Deadpool, should be dead based on the way he's written.
Staff
#44 Posted by Zoom (14668 posts) - - Show Bio

Deathstroke. 

His power staff and promethium sword can hurt Red and his healing factor can hold off the death spores long enough for him to take down Ivan.

#45 Posted by geraldthesloth (33313 posts) - - Show Bio
@k4tzm4n: What happened to Omega Red?!?!
#46 Posted by castleking (24119 posts) - - Show Bio

i am actually very serious either they have horrible kid writers or they just dont care about the characters they write about and simply want action gore to sell and interest younger audience and screw established history...

cyber's heart  could be explained due to a new body, what cant be explained or forgiven is his origin story of having adamantium welded onto his body when it was originally bonded in the 1st place... and it should have had black ops rogue branch or same organization doing it to him after logan's escape.....

the whole romulus bS is just that BS.........

Deadpool is just horrible how they write him granted its funny but he is a complete clown he use to have dark humor in a sad way... with how he looked at himself and used humor to cover it up.... his fighting MA was enough to defeat and teams like the original X force and pawn cable..... now he gets beaten on a regular bases.... he should be near impossible to get a hit in right below spidey..

Omega reds durability issue was complete crap having a spike cage door impale him.........

sabretooth somehow losing his adamantium with no explanation BS.........  i remember writers use to do interviews and address these questions where are the writers now why arent they being asked how they could screw continuity  saying its their bad did wizard comics stop print do they no longer ask these questions? 

#47 Posted by castleking (24119 posts) - - Show Bio
@geraldthesloth said:
" @k4tzm4n: What happened to Omega Red?!?! "
logan stabbed him with his muramasa sword and killed him..........

also this how i view omega red....... no new wet behind the ear writer can convince me otherwise.... stupid kids douchebags

#48 Posted by geraldthesloth (33313 posts) - - Show Bio
@castleking: it seems fairly common for the muramasa to kill all of wolverines foes..I think they should get rid of it.
#49 Posted by castleking (24119 posts) - - Show Bio
@geraldthesloth said:
" @castleking: it seems fairly common for the muramasa to kill all of wolverines foes..I think they should get rid of it. "
logan already had half a dozen mystic swords in his first decade and comic series their really was no need for the sword, nor for daken for that matter.....

especially with how it was made,.... i question the time table of it all.....

logan had too much history to just throw it all in their and fit his original back story
#50 Posted by geraldthesloth (33313 posts) - - Show Bio
@castleking: I kinda like daken