-Hand to hand only

-New 52 Deathstoke

-Master Chief from Halo 4

Fight takes place inside the Mos Eisly Cantina:

Who takes the win?

#2 Posted by Doomnaut (1994 posts) - - Show Bio

No one? Must be a bad match up...

#3 Posted by ULTRAstarkiller (6464 posts) - - Show Bio

Halo 4 chief sucks. Halo 4 sucks period.

#4 Posted by Picallo3798 (226 posts) - - Show Bio

I guess it comes down to what tactics they're gonna use. If Chief decides to snipe its gonna be a quick match. I dont see DS having enough firepower to get through chiefs armor and if it gets close DS's done. Chief is much stronger in his suit and still retains his speed and martial arts. Everyone always says Chief wins except me who gets raged by fanboys but in this one I think he does.

#5 Posted by theDCkid (891 posts) - - Show Bio

Deathstroke uses his prep to pay off every merc and bounty hunter in the cantina to fight for him, Deathstroke and his army win.

#6 Edited by Spartan101 (2493 posts) - - Show Bio

M/C imo both

#7 Posted by Deranged Midget (17968 posts) - - Show Bio

Not exactly up to par on New 52 Deathstoke, but haven't his phyiscals grown to around a 2-3 tonner?

#8 Posted by Picallo3798 (226 posts) - - Show Bio

@deranged_midget: Possibly but MC was putting dents in EXO armor, by punching it before he gets in his suit. A punch like that obliterates DS in one blow.

#9 Edited by Dextersinister (6511 posts) - - Show Bio

@deranged_midget said:

Not exactly up to par on New 52 Deathstoke, but haven't his phyiscals grown to around a 2-3 tonner?

He has always been stronger than that, the strength of 10 men would put him at 5 tonner minimum, he simply doesn't have many strength showings because he uses guns, bladed weapons and explosives but he doesn't have any low showings to negate those.

H2H fights against named peak human characters could be pointed out but there normally straight punch-ups regardless of strength difference. Batman vs Grundy or any street level hero with enhanced strength, Spider man vs any other hero street leveler with merely peak human stats.

This fight will most likely end with a promethium sword swing.

#10 Posted by Bruxae (14008 posts) - - Show Bio

Deathstroke roflstomp while fapping and watching TV.

#11 Posted by jashro44 (25422 posts) - - Show Bio

He would be 4-5 tons based off of feats (ripping a plane door while moving a five hundred miles per hour, bloodying new 52 lobo [who is weaker and less durable then pre 52 but still really strong], etc). The armor increases his all ready enhanced physicals.

@deranged_midget said:

He has always been stronger than that, the strength of 10 men would put him at 5 tonner minimum, he simply doesn't have many strength showings because he uses guns, bladed weapons and explosives but he doesn't have any low showings to negate those.

H2H fights against named peak human characters could be pointed out but there normally straight punch-ups regardless of strength difference. Batman vs Grundy or any street level hero with enhanced strength, Spider man vs any other hero street leveler with merely peak human stats.

Both pre and post 52 deathstroke have had several strength feats. Pre 52 was 1-2 tons based off of feats and new 52 is 4-5 tons. And the average man can not lift half a ton so 5 tons is way more then the strength of 10 men.

#12 Posted by Nitsua (120 posts) - - Show Bio

Does New 52 Deathstroke not have a healing factor?(I don't see anyone commenting about it) Because if he does I'd say he beats Chief.

#13 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

New 52 DS has Nth Metal Armour, that alone is equal to MC armor.

also a promethium Sword should cut thru I believe.

#14 Edited by argusx (94 posts) - - Show Bio

@deranged_midget said:

how does that happen?

#15 Edited by Dextersinister (6511 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44: Half a tonne is below the bench mark of most trained men within the comic verse.

Whatever Slade's enhancements are seem to be a multiplier of his original abilities with the magic numbers being between 9-10.

90% of brain power over 10% became thinking 9 times faster after the urban myth had been dismissed and 5 tonnes would be lowballing when the measuring stick of army intelligence shown measuring him is more is more likely to be other trained marines or even his former self rather than computer engineers.

The best feat I can recall off the top of my head is him buckling in a steel door with a standing boot.

#16 Posted by jashro44 (25422 posts) - - Show Bio

@dextersinister: Most trained men in the comicverse are not regular men which is what I am assuming they are referring to when they say the strength of 10 men. Nothing indicates Slade is 5-10X stronger then batman. He has a lot of strength feats but none of them really show him to be at that level.

We have no idea what Slades original abilities were. So there isn't any reason to assume he was half a ton before he got his enhancements. For all we know he could only lift 200 pounds before his enhancements.

Trained marines cannot lift anywhere near half a ton. So the army measuring stick doesn't support the idea Slade is a 5 tonner.

Slade has a few strength feats. He has scaled a stone building by digging his hands into the wall, flung a man 10-20 feet with ease, tossed a gorilla, knocked nightwing down with a casual back hand, Sent him flying several feet with a back fist, Ripped a car hood while under water, etc. However none of those feats put him in the 5 ton zone.

#17 Edited by Dextersinister (6511 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44: You forgot the door shown buckling under one boot.

#18 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20443 posts) - - Show Bio

Halo 4 chief sucks. Halo 4 sucks period.

Completely irrelevant to the debate at hand.

#19 Posted by jashro44 (25422 posts) - - Show Bio

@dextersinister: Well you mentioned it and I was only trying to bring up feats you might not be aware of because you said that was the only strength feat you have seen from deathstroke. I didn't mentn every single one of Slades strength feats (there are a few). The only strength feat I intentionally didn't mention was the time Slade used his staff to crack missile proof glass but that was because Slade made a comment "that everything has a weak point" or something like that while he was hitting it, and his bio says he has the ability to turn any object into a weapon. So I assume it was more so his ability to turn anything into a weapon as opposed to his strength that allowed him to do that feat.

#20 Posted by ULTRAstarkiller (6464 posts) - - Show Bio
#21 Edited by Dextersinister (6511 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44: You did list other strength feats but I simply felt it best that one of the best be added as the ones you added much like the door feat had an effect that needed done and didn't test the upper limits as everyone one of them was a success.

I suppose he did utilize his foot as a weapon.

#22 Posted by jashro44 (25422 posts) - - Show Bio
#23 Posted by Dextersinister (6511 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:

@dextersinister: Fair enough.

This is one of those rare moments in the vine where I get a reply that isn't a dispute, I really should post more of those myself.

#24 Posted by MonsterStomp (20407 posts) - - Show Bio

Master Chief ofcourse, the dude basically soloed every mission against opponents that are superior than him.

Dear Slade Wilson,

Good luck dodging my mini railgun.

Kind reguards, John-117.

#25 Edited by Deranged Midget (17968 posts) - - Show Bio

Hold up! Since when does having the strength of ten men equate to rounding at a 5 tonner strength level? Who are these men? O_O

@jashro44: How powerful is Slade's armour? Does it further enhance his physical stats? What kind of speed/reaction feats does he have?

#26 Edited by Dextersinister (6511 posts) - - Show Bio

@deranged_midget said:

Hold up! Since when does having the strength of ten men equate to rounding at a 5 tonner strength level? Who are these men? O_O

@jashro44: How powerful is Slade's armour? Does it further enhance his physical stats? What kind of speed/reaction feats does he have?

I think over 800 is the best in the real world, Batman can bench press that and he is outmuscled by plenty of normal men with bigger frames within the comic verse.

Benching 500 for a well trained marine would be about standard in the comic verse and this is Slade where talking about, writers undervalue how hard it is to keep a well maintained body so being really buff for soldiers and peak for heroes is the norm.

His armour enhances his strength and healing factor but the factors are very vague.

He has the standard bullet dodging feats and he was able to quickly subdue Hawkman who wears a suit of pure nth armour.

#27 Posted by argusx (94 posts) - - Show Bio

@deranged_midget said:

I think over 800 is the best in the real world, Batman can bench press that and he is outmuscled by plenty of normal men with bigger frames within the comic verse.

Benching 500 for a well trained marine would be about standard in the comic verse and this is Slade where talking about, writers undervalue how hard it is to keep a well maintained body so being really buff for soldiers and peak for heroes is the norm.

His armour enhances his strength and healing factor but the factors are very vague.

He has the standard bullet dodging feats and he was able to quickly subdue Hawkman who wears a suit of pure nth armour.

I think your confusing pounds with kg.

#28 Posted by Deranged Midget (17968 posts) - - Show Bio

In the real world, our world, the average man can't even bench 185 lbs. Heck, the average male doesn't even work out in our day and age.

As for the best bench press in real life, have you ever seen someone who attempts 800 and over? These guys don't look like Mr. Olympia. They aren't as agile as Olympic athletes, they don't have 7% body fat nor are they in peak physical condition (which apparently is the definition of peak human in the comic book world). Powerlifters are massive guys who care not for aesthetics but train only for strength and even then, they can only hit that weight once or twice at best.

Even in the comic book world, 500 would be severely pushing it. Daredevil is considered to have super powers and is "listed" at around 400 lbs. Obviously feats state otherwise but there should be reason that someone who trains their entire life devoted to fighting crime would be outdone by a marine.

#29 Edited by Dextersinister (6511 posts) - - Show Bio

@argusx: Nope 800 lbs.

@deranged_midget:I have made mention of this myself. Batman, Hawkeye, Daredevil, powerless Deathstroke, Nightwing and all the other non-powered main characters realistically shoudln't be able to physically compete in any event within the olympics because they don't excessively train specific muscles and you can't have the right build for every event.

But if you take their feats or read there bios which has them listed as Olympic in multiple fields they would make out like bandits at the Olympics because the comic verse greatly exaggerates what a normal man is capable of.

#31 Posted by Dextersinister (6511 posts) - - Show Bio

As I said earlier Batman who can bench as much as the best weightlifter in the world is constantly up against oversized thugs who out muscle him.

#32 Posted by Stronger (4948 posts) - - Show Bio

DS wins.

#33 Edited by Deranged Midget (17968 posts) - - Show Bio

As I said earlier Batman who can bench as much as the best weightlifter in the world is constantly up against oversized thugs who out muscle him.

My apologies mate in advance mate, but when has Batman been seen to be "out muscled" by thugs?

#34 Posted by King Saturn (225103 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Deathstroke wins against Master Chief in a tough battle.

#35 Edited by OmgOmgWtfWtf (7043 posts) - - Show Bio

Master Chief in my opinion.

#36 Edited by jashro44 (25422 posts) - - Show Bio

@deranged_midget: The armor is extremely durable. It has allowed him to survive a sub marine tossed on him by legacy and it also allowed him to detonate a building on himself and come out without a scratch. All though it would seem the mesh parts are vulnerable to stabbing damage (he has been stabbed with a sword in the mesh part and shot with bullets). The parts of his armor that aren't mesh managed to tank a Gatling gun from a helicopter with ease.

Here are some scans all though since the new image uploader is messed on the new site there going to be uploaded backwards (seems to be a glitch).

The armor parts blocking bullets with ease.

The mesh of his armor gets shot so the bullets do damage to him (should be noted this is after Slades fight with legacy so he isn't 100% which is why he didn't dodge those bullets)
Slade VS Legacy. He gets a submarine thrown on him and he is still standing. He also shows a good healing feat on the 5th and 6th scan.
Tanks a building busting explosion without a scratch.

His armor amps his strength and natural abilities. His armor is different from hawkmans though because its a mixture of other metals.

In terms of speed we have seen Slade catch a knife thrown at him without looking and without his armor on, he has dodged a close range bullet, reacted to a blitz from some alien without his armor (admittedly this ones hard to quantify), blocked bullets with a chain while not wearing his armor, and block bullets with a glass bottle and then show to be accurate enough to use the same glass bottle to kill someone.

In the new 52 he has feats which put him as a 5 tonner but I will upload those later if you need those scans.

I don't know how this measures up to chief to be honest.

@dextersinister: Marines in comics typically don't have strength feats. I would assume the measuring stick is by real life standards considering Slades pre 52 showings he wasn't a 5 tonner. He was a 1-2 tonner so it would make more sense for them to be going by a realistic measuring stick. Only new 52 Slade has feats to make him a 4-5 tonner and thats because of his armor.

#37 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20443 posts) - - Show Bio

@bruxae said:

Deathstroke roflstomp while fapping and watching TV.

Tell me how this would happen. I don't see Deathstroke stomping at all.

#38 Posted by Deranged Midget (17968 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44: I very much appreciate you tossing up those scans for me. His armour seems to be quite impressive. In terms of durability, Slade might have the advantage though. He seems to tanking from that warship with absolute ease. I can confirm that the MJOLNIR armour would not hold up for that long after the shields become depleted but that's why John depends on speed, which is easily his biggest advantage in this fight.

I'll throw up some general fights for you that showcase him right out of augmentation when he's still adjusting to his body and I'll add more later when he first fought several ODST's (which are the most highly trained soldier in the UNSC save for Spartans) and absolutely wiped the floor with them:

In a training scenario to test out the Spartans after their augmentation, they were pitted against trainers in exoskeletons in a game of capture the flag:

"There are a dozen of the suits here."

"You haven't put my Spartans in some of those antiques?"

"No, Their trainers are using them for their own safety," Mendez replied. "When the Spartans recovered from micro-gravity therapy, they were eager to get back into their routine. However, we experienced some-" He paused, searching for the right word. "...difficulties." He glanced at his passenger, his face was grim. "Their first day back, three trainers were accidentally killed in hand-to-hand combat exercises."

"Capture the flag?" Dr.Halsey asked. "Past all that heavy armor?"

"Yes. The trainers in those exoskeletons can run at thirty-two KPH, lift two tons, and have a thirty millimeter minigun mounted on self-targeting armatures- stun rounds of course. They're equipped with the latest motions sensor and IR scopes. And needless to say, their armor is impervious to standard light weapons. It would take two or three platoons of conventional marines to take that bunker."

The most impressive of which is the SPARTAN-II's reaction time. After their augmentation, they had near-incalculable reaction speeds of twenty milliseconds -- 10 times greater than that of a normal human. That was only to improve as they grew older and became accustomed to their bodies and it amplified greatly in battle when their adrenaline was pumping.

Dr. Halsey pondered this new data. "They should not be performing so well. There must be some unexplained synergistic effects brought on by the combined modifications. What are their reactions times?"

"Almost impossible to chart. We estimate it at twenty milliseconds," Mendez replied. He shook his head then added, "I believe it's significantly faster in combat situations, when their adrenaline is pumping."

- Taken from Halo: Fall of Reach

Additionally, their physical stats allowed them to move at nearly 55 km/h without the armour. Several of the higher tier Spartans were even faster than that such as Kelly who had to slow herself down to spar with the rest of her "brothers and sisters".

"Your Spartans can run at bursts of up to fifty-five KPH," he explained. "Kelly can run a little faster, I think. They will only get quicker as they adjust to the alterations we've made to their bodies.

The trainers turned and fired at the shadow, with almost supernatural quickness. Even the self-targeting systems couldn't track it. From above, a man free rappelled from the girders and gantries overhead. The newcomer landed behind one of the perimeter guards, quiet as a cat. He punched the guard's armor twice, denting the heavy plates, then dropped low and swept the legs out from under him. The guard sprawled on the ground.

Two more Spartans, dangling from the other side of the rope, dropped unnoticed into the center of the bunker. Dr Halsey immediately recognized one of them, although he was dressed entirely in black, save for his open eye slits- Number 117. John. John landed, braced, and kicked one guard. The man landed in a heap- eight meters away.

The other Spartan jumped off the bunker; he flipped end over end, evading the stun rounds that filled the air. He threw himself at the farthest guard and they skidded together into the shadows. The guard's gun strobed once, and then it was dark again.

On top of the bunker, John was blur of slashing motions. A second guards exosuit erupted in a fountain of hydraulic fluid and then collapsed under the armor's weight. The last guard on the bunker turned to fire at John. Halsey gripped the edge of her chair. "He's at point blank range! Even stun rounds can kill from that distance!"

As the guard's gun fired, John side-stepped. The stun rounds slashed through the air, a clean miss. John grabbed the weapon's armature- twisted- and with a screech of stressed metal, wrenched it free from the exoskeleton. He fired directly into the man's chest and sent him tumbling off the bunker.

- Taken from Halo: The Fall of Reach

They possess near-unbreakable skeletons, which in turn allowed for strengthened muscle tissue, allowing them to lift three times their own weight -- which only improved as they matured.

"They can lift three times their own body weight- which I might add, is almost double the norm due to their increased muscle density. And the can virtually see in the dark."

-Taken from Halo: The Fall of Reach

On top of that, the MJOLNIR Mark IV served to increase their physical stats by an unknown factor, thought it is assumed to be similar throughout all variations (a factor of two). The only difference being is that the Mark VI increased the reaction time by a factor of five.

#39 Edited by Dextersinister (6511 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44: All the feats are good except for the sub. The issue ends with the sub about to fall on him when he is on the dock and his ruined mask in the wreckage to make ii look like it hit him, the next issue has him surfacing in the ocean away from the sub wreckage.

I posted an earlier scan of original Slade crumpling a steel door with a standing boot which surprised his would be captors as they did not realize he was that strong. That would require more than the strength of a 2 tonner.

#40 Posted by jashro44 (25422 posts) - - Show Bio

@deranged_midget: No problem. Master chief seems to have a speed edge on new 52 deathstroke. If he is accurate enough to shoot the mesh of Slades armor he can win. Otherwise I think Deathstroke takes it.

@dextersinister: Slades helmet got knocked off in the blast thats why it was burried in the sub. Legacy picked Slade out of the wreckage which would indicate he was caught in the blast.

Do you have a source which indicates it takes a lot more then 2 tons of force to kick a steel door down? Most sources seem to indicate in order to dent steel you only need one ton of force from what I have been able to find on the subject. It takes more to kick I have seen characters like batman do similar so it would be surprising if that was a 5 ton feat.

#41 Edited by Dextersinister (6511 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44: At best Batman has maybe knocked a steel door off it's hinges which is not that impressive as he is simply destroying the supports which would more than likely just be masonry unless of course you have an example of Batman destroying a steel door with his base strength. A tonne of force would not crumple a steel door.

On your original question there are countless examples of Batman being out muscled by a big guy at least one for every incarnation from computer games, cartoons to the comics simply so they can show him using his skill against a stronger opponent.

Below Ubu replaceable henchman for the League of Assassins and stronger than Batman.

#42 Edited by jashro44 (25422 posts) - - Show Bio

@dextersinister: I have literally seen batman toss Dr.death through a steal door. He didn't break the hinges, he tossed him and there was a hole in the steel as a result.

#43 Posted by Deranged Midget (17968 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44: Shoot the mesh off of Slade's armour? John and the other Spartans have pin-point accuracy being able to sprint and pick off enemies with little effort. Although, Slade is a different story and an opponent unlike that the Spartans have faced before. I'm curious as to how exposed the mesh is and if Slade would allow for John to pick at it.

#44 Posted by jashro44 (25422 posts) - - Show Bio

@deranged_midget: The mesh seems to be pretty much the entire chest area. Basically the blue parts in the picture in the OP.

#45 Posted by Deranged Midget (17968 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44: Hmm, so basically that part of the armour is weaker then the rest correct? Has it been shown to be pierced by conventional means?

#46 Posted by Charetter115 (475 posts) - - Show Bio

I say in the 30 minutes prep, Deathstroke lines the place with TNT and blows the thing to hell as soon as the battle starts.

#47 Posted by M_Man (1019 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm pretty sure MCs got this. Chief has pinpoint accuracy and can tag DS's mesh if MC wears him down of course, which I'm sure he can. I don't think there's much Deathstroke could do to Chief. MC's armor was designed to withstand weaponry far more advanced than any of DS's guns.

His sword can probably penetrate Chief but he'd need one, really good stab to penetrate Master Chief's shielding, Titanium Alloy Outer Shell, Titanium Nanocomposite Bodysuit, and his hardened bones due to carbide ceramic bone ossification. On top of all this, Chief has millisecond reaction time as others have pointed out so not exactly an easy feat.

Also, I'm skeptical Deathstroke is actually a 5 tonner. Isn't he only supposed to have the strength of ten men? That doesn't seem to ad up to 5 tons. In which case that gives MC superior strength. That combined with the above and his superior speed gives Chief the victory I think.

#48 Posted by omegablast452 (2426 posts) - - Show Bio

MC wins real easy,

He survived falling from the atmosphere twice, and in Halo 4 he did not use a crystallized gel layer to survive it.

#49 Edited by MonsterStomp (20407 posts) - - Show Bio

@charetter115: You don't think Master Chief is a tactical genius? According to wiki he's got every known war medal in the 25th century apart from the Prisoner of War medal. That is saying something since (currently) there are so many different war medals.

#50 Edited by Charetter115 (475 posts) - - Show Bio

@monsterstomp: Unless there is a decrease in the number of war medals in the future, lol. He is smart, but deathstroke is one of the best tacticians in the dc universe. MC is probably not on par to a man with better tactics than Batman. If the explosion knocked him down, DS would be on him in a second and pierce his armor with the sword and kill him. DS is fast, he could probably dodge or heal any range MC has and force close combat fighting at the very least.