and Deathstroke

Apparition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Apparition

how could deathstroke ever win??? he only uses 90% of his brain!!!

warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By warlock360

Apparition says:

"how could deathstroke ever win??? he only uses 90% of his brain!!!"

<.< thats 80% more then we do

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By Static Shock

Deathstroke. With or Without prep

Apparition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Apparition

i was joking but i hear we use 100% of our brains. its just that when they came up with that about him they thought people only did use 10%.

warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By warlock360

lol right

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Cable_Extreme

@Apparition: They changed it to increase brain capacity and activity by a factor of 9, so his brain functions 800% more than normal.

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By deaditegonzo

Lex Luthor in round one for sure. But what is allowed in the prep? Pretty much anything goes? Lex can pull out his anti-Supes armaments?

Onemoreposter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Onemoreposter

Going to go with Luthor in both rounds. I love 'stroke and he's certainly a worthy opponent, but Lex is the smartest person on the planet. Depending on the version of the character, Lex has trained himself to near peak physicality and trained in various martial arts. Does this put him on DS' level? Not even close. It does mean he's no slouch though and with a day of prep, he'll be able to ruin DS. We're talking about a guy who created formulas that mimic Superman's powers (talking about 52 which was canon, not All-Star) and battle armor's that let him trade punches with him.

As good as Slade is, he doesn't stand much of a chance in these scenarios.

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By deaditegonzo

@Onemoreposter said:

Going to go with Luthor in both rounds. I love 'stroke and he's certainly a worthy opponent, but Lex is the smartest person on the planet. Depending on the version of the character, Lex has trained himself to near peak physicality and trained in various martial arts. Does this put him on DS' level? Not even close. It does mean he's no slouch though and with a day of prep, he'll be able to ruin DS. We're talking about a guy who created formulas that mimic Superman's powers (talking about 52 which was canon, not All-Star) and battle armor's that let him trade punches with him.

This is what I am thinking unless Lex only has the prept to figure out a way to beat him without his Anti-Kryptonian level equipment.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By dondave

Round 1-Lex

Round 2 - Deathstroke( if Luthor is not wearing his battle armour)

Bane_of_sith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Bane_of_sith

Luthor narrowly wins the chess match,,and wins the fight. no rule stating he can't use his anti-superman suit which would certainly gain him a win,,if no suit allowed he will still prep well enough in a days time.

Onemoreposter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Onemoreposter

@deaditegonzo said:

This is what I am thinking unless Lex only has the prept to figure out a way to beat him without his Anti-Kryptonian level equipment.

I feel that even if "anti-kryptonian equipment is off limits" was part of the scenario, Lex could easily assemble something on or very near anti-kyptonian level with 24 hours of prep time.

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By deaditegonzo

@Onemoreposter said:

@deaditegonzo said:

I feel that even if "anti-kryptonian equipment is off limits" was part of the scenario, Lex could easily assemble something on or very near anti-kyptonian level with 24 hours of prep time.

True I guess. In Superman 15 he designed his own prison because Superman "challenged him to design a prison even he couldnt break out of", LoL. The Prison was actually pretty intense, btw.

Avatar image for ancient_0f_days
Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Ancient_0f_Days

They already fought, but Lex was in his Warsuit, I'm guessing Lex has the Warsuit here since he rarely goes into battle without it. They were in Antarctica investigating Black Lantern energy and Slade got all blood lusted randomly cause of it and tried to kill Lex but because the BL energy was so great it was throwing Lex off, not sure if it counts since Slade was out of character and Lex was unable to continue ....

actioncomics892_preview1.jpg (669×1029)

actioncomics892_preview2.jpg (669×1029)

actioncomics892_preview3.jpg (669×1029)

actioncomics892_preview4.jpg (669×1029)

actioncomcis892_preview5.jpg (669×1029)

That was back story, now moving on to the fight....

1357104-08_super.jpg (600×952)

actioncomics892_cornellwoods.JPG (1600×1214)

2634929-10_5.jpg (645×1024)

1577608-slade_vs_luthor_1_super.png (600×941)

1577610-slade_vs_luthor_super.png (600×939)

action+comics+#892.jpg (885×1416)

1357173-17_super.jpg (600×971)

Slade didn't do too badly but considering the fact that Lex does have him in strength and overall power, a fight would not favor Deathstroke entirely especially if prep is involved since Lex has Superman's DNA back at Lexcorp from the Everyman Project.

Onemoreposter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Onemoreposter

@deaditegonzo said:

True I guess. In Superman 15 he designed his own prison because Superman "challenged him to design a prison even he couldnt break out of", LoL. The Prison was actually pretty intense, btw.

No doubt it was intense. Read the issue myself. I was actually really stoked about it since it was first time Lex really seemed like a viable threat to Superman since the beginning of the DCnU. My one and only issue with Morrison's run is that Lex was portrayed as sort of ineffective, non-threatening, and...doughy....

Lex should be a physical and mental paradigm. I thought that the fact that Lex designed the prison to be something he couldn't escape from coupled with the sheer ridiculousness of the prison really demonstrated just how tactful and skilled Lex would have to be mentally and physically to escape from something even half as intense.

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By deaditegonzo

@Ancient_0f_Days: Ive never read that issue, but that was awesome, so I appreciate getting to see it.

Based on ONLY the scans, Lex looked totally dominant. The whole time he was experimenting and prodding his opponent. He didnt once seem to take it seriously. But, like you and Lex pointed out, Slade was off his game, too (albeit not entirely). And that also included a pretty amazing willpower feat, whew.

Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Ancient_0f_Days

@deaditegonzo said:

@Ancient_0f_Days: Ive never read that issue, but that was awesome, so I appreciate getting to see it.

Based on ONLY the scans, Lex looked totally dominant. The whole time he was experimenting and prodding his opponent. He didnt once seem to take it seriously. But, like you and Lex pointed out, Slade was off his game, too (albeit not entirely). And that also included a pretty amazing willpower feat, whew.

Thanks, but to add to that, Lex didn't even have his protective shields up to cover his head....he really wasn't trying lol. But yeah, I think its agreed that Lex should win round 2....the chess match? Im unsure of that one...

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Dextersinister

Lex should easily win round 1 as he has comic book style photographic memory meaning he can recall plays on top of being the smartest man on Earth.

Lex again in a stomp, he could bring sonic devices that would knock Slade out, not show up and bomb the area, use a portable force field that Slade can't bypass etc.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#22  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

Luthor.

GodDamnIronMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By GodDamnIronMan

Luthor both rounds.

Why would anyone think DS stands a chance?

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Dextersinister

@GodDamnIronMan said:

Luthor both rounds.

Luthor is probably one of the most underestimated characters on the vine.

GodDamnIronMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By GodDamnIronMan

@Dextersinister said:

@GodDamnIronMan said:

Luthor both rounds.

Luthor is probably one of the most underestimated characters on the vine.

Well, I didn't....

jay_z94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By jay_z94

How come people are saying luthor would win in a fight, but then say batman wouldn't. Batman is also one of the smartest people, with battle suits, bombs, gas etc...

TheHulk227

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By TheHulk227

Deathstroke

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By AllStarSuperman

@dondave said:

Round 1-Lex

Round 2 - Deathstroke( if Luthor is not wearing his battle armour)

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Dextersinister

@jay_z94 said:

How come people are saying luthor would win in a fight, but then say batman wouldn't. Batman is also one of the smartest people, with battle suits, bombs, gas etc...

Batman could beat Deathstroke if where to use things like the Insider Suit but people normally use standard Batman.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By MonsterStomp

What can Lex Luthor do is a days prep that Slade couldn't do. I'm giving round 2 to Slade.

jay_z94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By jay_z94

@Dextersinister said:

@jay_z94 said:

Batman could beat Deathstroke if where to use things like the Insider Suit but people normally use standard Batman.

I get what you mean, but even in those situations people still would say batman would lose.... I don't get it because batman and lex are so similar in brains and resources, with bruce being better with strategy and tactics.

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Dextersinister

@jay_z94 said:

@Dextersinister said:

@jay_z94 said:

I get what you mean, but even in those situations people still would say batman would lose.... I don't get it because batman and lex are so similar in brains and resources, with bruce being better with strategy and tactics.

Strategically Batman is a better thinker but Lex is above him in overall intelligence and tech, pre-52 Bruce would beat Deathstroke with prep with the Insider Suit but I don't recall any Batman vs Deathstroke threads with prep. You could always make one if you want but it would need to be pre-52 for Batman to have a chance.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Cable_Extreme

@Onemoreposter said:

Are you disregaurding how amazing deathstroke is with prep as well? He rivals Batman and even outsmarts him at times, he has done amazing tactical feats that would prove insanely difficult for lex luther to over come. Lex Luthor is a genious, but he is usually a hands off villain as he is more of a thinker rather than a fighter. And the only reason he is a superman villain is because he always has Kryptonite. In a chess game where Lex could take his time and think, he could probably beat Deathstroke after a long game. But in a prepping battle, we wonder into deathstroke's area of expertese where he could out plan Lex because he can think 800% faster than him. Dc's best mercenary vs one of Dc's best scientist. Deathstroke takes fight 2 with relative ease due to the fact that is what he does. Kill people, Lex would be out of his comfort zone, how would he be able to counter Deathstrokes fighting abilities?

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lex

lex, since he won't play by the rules. he is too smart for stroke.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Deathstroke becomes a stain on Luthor's boot.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What can Lex Luthor do is a days prep that Slade couldn't do. I'm giving round 2 to Slade.

I said that? What a noob.

MonsieurSharqc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By MonsieurSharqc

@monsterstomp said:

@monsterstomp said:

Ahahahahah.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, is the game of chess timed? If not Luthor wins, if it is Deathstroke wins due to his brain enhancements. For the prep battle, Luthor doesn't exactly have kryptonite to use, though if he gets in his suit, it could be a stomp. If it is not with the suit, Deathstroke can assassinate him fairly easily with a promethium bullet through the skull from a mile away.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monsterstomp said:

Your ignorance was... disturbing :D

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By MonsterStomp

@monsterstomp said:

@monsterstomp said:

Your ignorance was... disturbing :D

I hardly knew anything about comics then. Just discount anything I said 8 months and onwards ago.

TJSH96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lex Luthor in both rounds easily.

Also, this "you only use 10% of your brain" thing is completely false. Everybody can utilize the full potential of their brain. This is a false notion that has been debunked many times.

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By XiiX

Lex both rounds.

Bruxae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Lex.

Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I still don't know who'd win chess....probably Lex.

Lex stomps with prep or standard gear.

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

As mentioned above, they did clash in the Black Ring storyline.

Interesting thing to note though: Lex did state that thanks to his suit and because Deathstroke wasn't in his right mind (the Black Lantern energy was bloodlusting him) - he could just about keep up with Slade. That being said, Luthor wasn't exactly trying to kill Deathstroke so much as hold him back, and his warsuit's like....up-there tier-wise, so yeah.

Giving it to Lex.

Avatar image for ninjawarrior268
NinjaWarrior268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

Well, is the game of chess timed? If not Luthor wins, if it is Deathstroke wins due to his brain enhancements.

By timed, do you mean blitz chess like when Sherlock played chess against Moriarty in Game of Shadows? You think Deathstroke would win if they tried to play chess in their minds without a board?

Homer_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lex wins in chess

I Lex has his war suit, he wins

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ninjawarrior268: well, of both players have an infinite amount of time to make their move, then Luthor would undoubtably win. If it were timed, as in both players have a (quick fire) match like in most competitive chess games, then Slade's brain would allow him the advantage.

Avatar image for firestormfate1919
FirestormFate1919

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Round 1: Slade

Round 2: Luthor

D3athstroke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Deathstroke both. If DS had 1/10th of resources Luthor has and wanted Superman dead, Superman would be dead.