Deathstroke Vs Lady Shiva, who would win?

Sinestro2828

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Sinestro2828

If the best merc on earth fought the best assassin who would come out on top?  Slade or Shiva?

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2  Edited By The_Ghostshell

I cant even bring myself to say it, but the answer is obvious.

Avatar image for strongestonethereis
StrongestOneThereIs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Unarmed. I would go with Shiva
Cochise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Cochise

Deathstroke every time but it's a good fight.

Achilles.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Achilles.

DS beats LS in a very good fight.

jasraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By jasraj
DS
velle37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By velle37

Lady Shiva if no PIS is involved.
Avatar image for deactivated-5d1828448d5f0
deactivated-5d1828448d5f0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 21

@Achilles. said:

"DS beats LS in a very good fight. "

EDIT: I'd pay to see a comic of this!!!

Avatar image for deactivated-60d8e8271946e
deactivated-60d8e8271946e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

DS

Avatar image for gremlin_from_kremlin
Gremlin From Kremlin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Deathstroke.

PirateKing69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By PirateKing69

anybody got scans of how good Lady Shiva is?

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shiva cannot even defeat Batman

NYBreezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would lean towards Shiva. But it would be an awesome fight.

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Deathstroke wins with ease.

Avatar image for ninjawarrior268
NinjaWarrior268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

@jayc1324 said:

I've heard diffrently. Shiva has beaten Batman everytime except in Arkham Origins

Imperfect_Cell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Deathstroke.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5cfefdb3f097d
deactivated-5cfefdb3f097d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Deathstroke wins easily.

newecho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

deathstroke due to physicals,,

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:

I've heard diffrently. Shiva has beaten Batman everytime except in Arkham Origins

Actually Batman and Lady Shiva have had two fights, to my knowledge. One was during Death in the Family, where Batman admitted Shiva was a match for him in the martial arts, but said he might be able to win anyway by getting in close and outmuscling her. However before he could do that, Robin blindsided her which allowed Batman to press his advantage and win. Their second battle was during the Superman/Batman story, people try to downplay the fight as Shiva being mind controlled, but that's not entirely true. IIRC Batman was unsure if she was really mind controlled or not, but stated she wasn't any difference. The meaning of the fight was very clear, the writer wanted Batman to be superior. Bruce's monologue said something like "I've always wondered who was the better fighter between us... then I remember what she did to Selina" and then he knocked her out. So depending on your perspective, this could actually be consistent with Batman's original tactic of outmuscling her, since remembering Selina made him angry and he knocked her out with one strong punch.

Either way, Batman's record against Shiva is 2-0. There is context involved yes, but the record is still 2-0, and there is very little besides a statement here and there to imply that Shiva is better than him. Frankly I feel like Shiva gets overrated.

Avatar image for ninjawarrior268
NinjaWarrior268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

@jayc1324 said:

@ninjawarrior268: You have heard wrong

Loading Video...

It was in this video where I heard about it around 7:00. Maybe you can tell me why he thinks Shiva has always beaten Batman.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ninjawarrior268: Because he doesn't read comics. Read what nickzambuto said. Shiva has never defeated him.

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

This one is too close to call

~MiB

44orhsaJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By 44orhsaJ

@nickzambuto said:

Actually Batman and Lady Shiva have had two fights, to my knowledge. One was during Death in the Family, where Batman admitted Shiva was a match for him in the martial arts, but said he might be able to win anyway by getting in close and outmuscling her. However before he could do that, Robin blindsided her which allowed Batman to press his advantage and win. Their second battle was during the Superman/Batman story, people try to downplay the fight as Shiva being mind controlled, but that's not entirely true. IIRC Batman was unsure if she was really mind controlled or not, but stated she wasn't any difference. The meaning of the fight was very clear, the writer wanted Batman to be superior. Bruce's monologue said something like "I've always wondered who was the better fighter between us... then I remember what she did to Selina" and then he knocked her out. So depending on your perspective, this could actually be consistent with Batman's original tactic of outmuscling her, since remembering Selina made him angry and he knocked her out with one strong punch.

Either way, Batman's record against Shiva is 2-0. There is context involved yes, but the record is still 2-0, and there is very little besides a statement here and there to imply that Shiva is better than him. Frankly I feel like Shiva gets overrated.

Shiva was mind controlled. After batman beat shiva he commented that she and the other villains were acting differently than they normally do. Likewise when Grodd was controlling nightshade he said that he was putting her abilities to better use.

So we know that everyone was acting differently, and we know that Grodd made some characters more effective, however that doesn't mean everyone Grodd was controlling was made more effective. It is possible that Grodd didn't know how to control shivas skills as well as shiva does. Its like when you play a batman video game, you control all of batman skills but if you can't control batmans skills properly you can get beat down by thugs if you suck badly enough. Its the same idea here IMO. I also think its kind of BS batman can one shot Shiva here, and yet in death in the family Bruce says shiva "can dish out as well as she takes it" (or something like that); personally I think because Grodd was controlling her actions, shiva didn't move with the hit properly which allowed batman to one shot her.

I can see your point of writers intent but I am not sure what Loeb intended.....And Slade does win.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@44orhsaj: Superman is the one who mentioned the villains being odd, with Batman elaborating that they didn't talk. It wasn't anything about their skills and abilities, from what I can see in those scans. The only statement of the mind control in relation to the villains' abilities was Grodd specifically making Nightshade *better*, there's no indication in the story that he made anyone worse. I see your point about Batman shouldn't be able to oneshot Shiva, but you have to think of it in perspective that the comic didn't have enough pages to have an in-depth fight. Since there isn't actually a timeframe given for how long the fight went on, I don't see why we can't assume it lasted longer than a couple seconds.

44orhsaJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@44orhsaj: Superman is the one who mentioned the villains being odd, with Batman elaborating that they didn't talk. It wasn't anything about their skills and abilities, from what I can see in those scans. The only statement of the mind control in relation to the villains' abilities was Grodd specifically making Nightshade *better*, there's no indication in the story that he made anyone worse. I see your point about Batman shouldn't be able to oneshot Shiva, but you have to think of it in perspective that the comic didn't have enough pages to have an in-depth fight. Since there isn't actually a timeframe given for how long the fight went on, I don't see why we can't assume it lasted longer than a couple seconds.

Well as I said it is true Grodd made nightshade better but who is to say he made everyone better? Nightshades abilities are a lot different than shivas. Batman did say that he believes no one is acting on their own accord (including shiva). I can see your point about not having time for an in depth fight but I don't believe its implied that any fighting was done off panel.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@44orhsaj: Well who do you think is better between Batman and Shiva?

44orhsaJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By 44orhsaJ

@nickzambuto said:

@44orhsaj: Well who do you think is better between Batman and Shiva?

Morals on I think it can go either way. I might give batman 6/10 with morals off though. All though my opinon changes a lot on this.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@44orhsaj: I think I can agree with that. The portrayal of them being near complete equals is more interesting than anything else. I actually think their fight in Death in the Family was awesome.

44orhsaJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@44orhsaj: I think I can agree with that. The portrayal of them being near complete equals is more interesting than anything else. I actually think their fight in Death in the Family was awesome.

Agreed.

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Slade kicks the sh*t out of her.....

Totally domestic violence...

darkseid1006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points