• 183 results
#51 Posted by Jokergeist (4935 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickzambuto: But the funny part is that I posted the majority of actual evidence/scans in that thread to support Joker's h2h fighting ability, whereas most people just claimed Red Skull wins without any scans.........so. It's not as pointless as it seems? *shrug*

#52 Posted by nickzambuto (13386 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickzambuto: But the funny part is that I posted the majority of actual evidence/scans in that thread to support Joker's h2h fighting ability, whereas most people just claimed Red Skull wins without any scans.........so. It's not as pointless as it seems? *shrug*

Well somebody posted that neat respect thread for him. No lie, you clearly made a better argument than everybody in that thread combines (besides me of course), but the fact remains that Joker's feats, while plentiful, are not enough to defeat Captain America's arch nemesis. Nearly every scan you posted was just a single panel of Joker whacking somebody by surprise - hardly very much skill. His best feats are against Luthor (who has no feats himself and isn't anything above maybe athletic human, not peak) and Cass (who he had the advantage against since her entire fighting style revolves around reading her opponent's moves. That's like if AntiRadar Sense Man defeated Daredevil)

I acknowledge Joker can take a hit like a champ and probably stomp 10 of me at once, but putting him against friggin Iron Fist and Ultimate Captain America in a fight to the death is ridiculous! He's the greatest actor in the world and a master at sleight of hand, so he can easily poke Batman in the eyes by surprise and run away. But that is it, he in no way stands a chance against skilled comic book fighters, without some kind of leverage.

But like I said, THAT IS OKAY. You don't see me posting battles like WOLVERINE VS SHERLOCK HOLMES AT CHESS! That'd be ridiculous. I give the OP props for coming up with a GOOD Joker match (which is very rare). Scenarios like this, which Joker actually specializes in, is how we should treat him on the battle forums. Making him fist fight Black Panther though is ridiculous. Can we agree on that?

#53 Posted by Jokergeist (4935 posts) - - Show Bio

But like I said, THAT IS OKAY. You don't see me posting battles like WOLVERINE VS SHERLOCK HOLMES AT CHESS! That'd be ridiculous. I give the OP props for coming up with a GOOD Joker match (which is very rare). Scenarios like this, which Joker actually specializes in, is how we should treat him on the battle forums. Making him fist fight Black Panther though is ridiculous. Can we agree on that?

Agreed!

#54 Posted by nickzambuto (13386 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickzambuto said:

Agreed!

Now about that Joker vs Leon match I brought up...

#55 Posted by Jokergeist (4935 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickzambuto: Shh *puts finger on lips* ShhhhhHHhhhhhHHhhhhhh.........

#56 Edited by i_like_swords (13944 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickzambuto said:

@jokergeist said:

He's the greatest actor in the world and a master at sleight of hand, so he can easily poke Batman in the eyes by surprise and run away. But that is it

This made me laugh.

#57 Posted by TheWhiteLantern (155 posts) - - Show Bio

The Joker by a hair.. and only because in this battle joker isn't fighting Batman, towards whom he has a strange and sadistic love and will not kill. Deathstroke on the other hand won't have that benefit and will see a more ruthless joker. Plus, people underestimate joker with prep time, this time it'll most likely be Slade who does that.

#58 Edited by Jokergeist (4935 posts) - - Show Bio
#59 Posted by i_like_swords (13944 posts) - - Show Bio
#60 Posted by Jokergeist (4935 posts) - - Show Bio
#61 Edited by CF12793 (2992 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickzambuto: lol, I didn't insult you for taking part in this debate. What I said was that you were taking this battle way too far. And my comment wasn't really directed at you anyway, it was more of a comment on the fact that people take these battles to the ends of the earth, and they just don't stop debating, when the matter of fact is that it's pointless at the end of the day.

And I didn't make a rebuttal because I'm done with this thread. The comments made by DireDrill actually swayed me into believing that Joker might take this, so whether you like it or not, I'm kind of on your side now.

#62 Posted by Sufferthorn (1739 posts) - - Show Bio

Joker would have been dead in his first encounter with Batman if it wasn't for his high moral code.

Only reason Deathstroke has never killed him, is because he's never been paid to do it.

#63 Edited by lesterlawton (732 posts) - - Show Bio

It might take a while, but in the end, Joker dies.

#64 Edited by Cara_Hunter (3687 posts) - - Show Bio

The Joker by a hair.. and only because in this battle joker isn't fighting Batman, towards whom he has a strange and sadistic love and will not kill. Deathstroke on the other hand won't have that benefit and will see a more ruthless joker. Plus, people underestimate joker with prep time, this time it'll most likely be Slade who does that.

#65 Posted by Xeno_Seeker (414 posts) - - Show Bio

@light47: the Joker can bring Batman into his games because their is usually something dire on the line, hostages, Joker gas outbreak. the Joker doesn't have anything that he can use against Slade. He only cares about getting the job done. Deathstroke has the means to know the Jokers location without the Joker even knowing it. it's all about the Joker getting out in the open for even a moment. He won't "show up" (like batman would) to kill the Joker, there will be no dialogue just the sound of a bullet being fired.

#66 Posted by light47 (252 posts) - - Show Bio

@light47: the Joker can bring Batman into his games because their is usually something dire on the line, hostages, Joker gas outbreak. the Joker doesn't have anything that he can use against Slade. He only cares about getting the job done. Deathstroke has the means to know the Jokers location without the Joker even knowing it. it's all about the Joker getting out in the open for even a moment. He won't "show up" (like batman would) to kill the Joker, there will be no dialogue just the sound of a bullet being fired.

Why do you underestimate the joker so much, he will kill Slade, by the way the joker won't be found unless he wants to be found, and he will Kill Deathstroke without a second thought. Show me a time where Joker has been found when he wasn't expecting to be found. If Green Arrow can trap Slade what makes you think the Joker which is an expert at this wont?

#67 Edited by DireDrill (2447 posts) - - Show Bio

@xeno_seeker: The Joker can bring anyone into his games if he has something that they want. Deathstroke wants to kill the Joker which is all the leverage he needs to move Deathstroke into position.

Also how does Deathstroke find the Joker again? What skills does he have? All of the targets he has taken on are public figures that can be easily tracked down. Tracking down someone who regularly makes the greatest detective on Earth look like a fool.

It isn't enough that the villains of the world are scared of him, do you need something more substantial. He scares the crap out of Batman to the point that he took Cassandra Cain, a person who can at least challenge Deathstroke, aside and explained that she should never take on the Joker on her own. She is a better combatant than most of the Batfamily and Bats fears he'll lose her to the Joker.

#68 Posted by Wolverine08 (41069 posts) - - Show Bio

Isn't this somewhat of a mismatch.

#69 Posted by Rick_Grayson (756 posts) - - Show Bio

Isn't this somewhat of a mismatch.

I thought so too but the arguments Joygirl and Jokergeist make are always so damn convincing, I want someone to pit them against Spiderman or someone and see if they convince people Joker wins lol

#70 Posted by IamTheLaw85 (68 posts) - - Show Bio

Deathstroke finally kills the Clown once and for all. 300/10.

#71 Edited by Iragexcudder (4560 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman always allows Joker to yap and talk, even when he's about to "kill" him. Deathstroke wouldn't hold back from killing Joker and would literally kill him with ease, if he can find him.

But I think Joker would show himself tbh.

#72 Posted by DireDrill (2447 posts) - - Show Bio

@iragexcudder:

Read what I said earlier. The Joker plays to lose with Batman as he is looking for Batman to kill him. It is actually reversed, the Joker allows the Dark Knight to get close enough to kill him not the other way around. The Joker will only reveal himself when he has Deathstroke beaten.

@rick_grayson:

Spider-man goes down harder than most because of his morality. Morals are quite the weakness when fighting the Joker unless you are Batman.

#73 Posted by jashro44 (20747 posts) - - Show Bio

@diredrill: green arrow only trapped deathstroke because he let him. IIRC deathstroke wanted to break constantine drakon out of prison. As for Cassandra vs joker that was because her body reading was feeding her misinformation.

#74 Posted by Xeno_Seeker (414 posts) - - Show Bio

@light47: because he cannot hide forever. the Joker loves the attention. in a match with the Joker knowing somebody is after his head he will get impatient and bring himself into a position which will have him killed. i shouldn't even have to discuss how Slade will find the Joker, the mans nickname is the terminator. but okay. in a place like a Gotham somebody will have clues and info on the whereabouts of the Joker. and like i said Deathstroke has all the time in the world in this match. whether it be shaking down some goons or paying somebody off. Deathstroke will get the location. I guess my main point here is this, Slade has an unlimited amount of time to prep for the Jokers assassination as per the rules in the OP. Slade with prep? one of the most brilliant tacticians in the DCU has an unlimited amount of time to kill this man? HE'S GOING DOWWWWWN BRUTHERR.

#75 Posted by DevilMayRaven (49 posts) - - Show Bio

Deathstroke easy...

#76 Posted by DireDrill (2447 posts) - - Show Bio

@xeno_seeker: That's just the thing, the Joker does not seek attention. He gets it but he does not need it or seek it. When he was trying to figure out what happened to Batman, he spent an entire arc disguised so well as Oberon Sexton that people who have met him and fought him were completely unable to determine his identity. If he was an attention seeker, he would never have been able to do that. The idea that he is an attention seeker is a misconception.

Good luck trying to shake down Gotham thugs for information on the Joker. Scarecrow himself said that when the criminals of Gotham tell scary stories they call them Joker Stories because he is the scariest person in Gotham. This is coming from Scarecrow the master of fear. Do you think any thug in Gotham would dare risk crossing the Joker for money or even pain? Heck, there aren't many supervillains who are willing to cross the Joker much less your average thug. You come at the Joker in Gotham and you have already lost. Believe me, by the time that Deathstroke tracks him down, it will be because the Joker wanted it to happen and when Deathstroke shows up, he'll be caught in the Joker's trap.

Deathstroke dies laughing.

@jashro44: Are you telling me that the best plan that Deathstroke had for breaking someone out of prison was to get caught himself? The best plan that a supposed prep master like Deathstroke had was to get himself caught by his lesser? Regardless of how you look at that showing it still makes Deathstroke's prep mastering look very weak.

The event with Cassandra happened before they ever met. Batman took her aside and explained how she should never engage the Joker without contacting him first.

#77 Posted by jashro44 (20747 posts) - - Show Bio

@diredrill: Slade stated he wanted to break Green arrows spirit. He likely wanted to raise green arrows confidence. All though thats besides the point. The point is green arrow only won because Deathstroke let him. All I'm saying is your example wasn't being used in context.

Not 100% sure what instance you are referring to with cassandra cain.

Honestly I don't really care about this fight I was just clarifying some stuff. If you think joker wins whatever.

#78 Posted by Soothing_Sounds (1718 posts) - - Show Bio

Joker's an insane Genius who does this stuff for a living against the Greatest Detective in the World, he wins, DS has .1 chance of winning this.

#79 Edited by rugrat (174 posts) - - Show Bio

considering that deathstroke and the joker meat up. has deathstroke prepared for the joker and can you prepare for the joker...the answer is no,

but what i do know is that if i were deathstroke fighting a very unexpectable poison gas clown i would nuke it. I mean I will send in a decoy and press the button, but i guess slade can't afford doubles to nuke joker and i am sure there is a flaw in my plan i do not care.

#80 Posted by schillenger420 (821 posts) - - Show Bio

One of the reasons Joker is so scary is because of his ability to get in someone's head. For instance he got into Batman's and of all comic characters he's the one guy who doesn't really get toyed with like that..... but Joker did it, and does it on a regular basis. In a straight up fight, Slade win's easily. In a fight like this....... the Joker's mean as hell. The real question is how does he get in Slade's head. Because I don't think he really can, and Deathstroke's willingness to go for the "insta-kill", he should take the majority.

#81 Posted by MonsterStomp (16904 posts) - - Show Bio

Slade will be able to track him down and kill Joker easy. Unless Batman is there to interfere which is a viable scenario.

#82 Posted by sync1 (2955 posts) - - Show Bio

Deathstroke should beat him easily.

#83 Posted by batmannflash (6215 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm really not sure. I would say Joker, if he had prep.

#84 Posted by Blackdog2009 (1820 posts) - - Show Bio

Deathstroke of course. Geez, don't you understand the Joker? He doesn't work in these physical vs physical threads. Especially against beasts like Deathstroke.

#85 Posted by thelaughingman_Aoi (43 posts) - - Show Bio

all I have to say there isn't a contract Deathstroke hasn't carried out that he took

#86 Edited by Ddecourt (803 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:

@diredrill: green arrow only trapped deathstroke because he let him. IIRC deathstroke wanted to break constantine drakon out of prison.

#87 Posted by DarkRaiden (6945 posts) - - Show Bio

Deathstroke...guy who took out a team of Justice Leaguers, who beats Batman with ease, who tags Flash consistently will lose to Joker? yeah right ok. Deathstroke tracks people down for a living, he'll find Joker eventually and guess what? Joker has no answer for a bullet to the head and thus he dies.

#88 Posted by DireDrill (2447 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkraiden:

Call me when Deathstroke has successfully taken on the Justice League, the Justice Society, the Teen Titans, the US Army, and the entirety of the world. Fact is that the Joker's prep feats are insane. He easily out classes Deathstroke in that department. Good luck finding the Joker, he is good enough to elude Batman until he is ready.

@thelaughingman_aoi:

So the Teen Titans are all dead? Nightwing and Starfire seemed pretty spry for dead people. Fact is that he only completes contracts on no namers.

@blackdog2009:

This is a prep fight and the Joker is a better prepper.

@batmannflash:

Joker has prep here.

@monsterstomp:

Batman intervening is the only way that Deathstroke walks away from this without bad case of dead. Deathstroke will never find the Joker until it is too late.

@schillenger420: The Joker doesn't get into other people's heads, he forces them into his. The whole point of shooting Barbara Gordon was to turn Commissioner Gordon into him. The Joker beats people via unpredictability and superior cunning. Deathstroke stands no chance against the Joker with prep.

It is sad the state of literacy on the internet.

@jashro44:

Trying to break his spirit by getting captured? That's a great plan from a prep master like him. Let's see how it turned out. Well directly after this he rekindled his relationship with Black Canary. Truly it is a broken man that falls in love? If that was Deathstroke's plan then he failed horribly and ended up only making GA stronger. It always looked to me like he got beat and was using this rationalization to defend his poor actions. It comes down to this, either Deathstroke got beat by Green Arrow or his laughably stupid plan to break Green Arrow backfired horribly. Either way, it makes all his prep skills look like bollocks.

#89 Edited by DeathHero61 (6072 posts) - - Show Bio
#90 Posted by DeathHero61 (6072 posts) - - Show Bio

I give it to joker, the finding joker thing would be impossible for deathstroke, but in a fight? thats no different from DS fighting Deadpool, Joker is unpredictable, and is no slouch in combat, despite his insane demeanor, he is actually a freaking genius, and in a fist fight he has pwned batman, nightwing, batgirl and robin on occasion. Deathstroke also won't beat the joker unless he breaks a bone or a rib,(joker is highly resistant to pain. this is why interrogating him never worked when batman did it. and bats is a master of interrogation, even superman said so.) since arkham joker is being used here, then its even worse considering how good he is at fighting and killing.

With prep, its Deathstroke's downfall, in a fist fight, its debatable whether joker wins or loses to him.

#91 Posted by JayAaerow (452 posts) - - Show Bio

Deathstroke. He's not going to be going nice on him and putting him in a 6 month body cast like Batman does.

@scorphon said:

@cf12793: And I thought Deathstroke was the best Assassin in the DCU or am I wrong?

That respective title goes to Lady Shiva.

#92 Edited by MonsterStomp (16904 posts) - - Show Bio

@diredrill:

Batman intervening is the only way that Deathstroke walks away from this without bad case of dead. Deathstroke will never find the Joker until it is too late.

Deathstroke is DC's best assassin, what's Joker going to do? The scenario clearly puts Deathstroke as the hunter and Joker as the hunted.

#93 Posted by JayAaerow (452 posts) - - Show Bio

@light47 said:

@xeno_seeker said:

Why do you underestimate the joker so much, he will kill Slade, by the way the joker won't be found unless he wants to be found, and he will Kill Deathstroke without a second thought. Show me a time where Joker has been found when he wasn't expecting to be found. If Green Arrow can trap Slade what makes you think the Joker which is an expert at this wont?

He wanted to be caught to find Constatine Drakon.

#94 Posted by LightenUpWillYa (108 posts) - - Show Bio

@deathhero61: Well I guess that just makes my point stronger ^.^

#95 Edited by rugrat (174 posts) - - Show Bio

@deathhero61: it won't be down to h2h slade has an arsonal and joker from what i know usually doesn't fight fair so it is more like jokers toys vs slades weapons.

#96 Posted by Blackdog2009 (1820 posts) - - Show Bio

@diredrill:

Yeah the Joker is a great prepper but that still doesn't prevent him from always losing to Batman. He always ends up in Arkham. He was shot in the face by a normal guy that ambushed him. DEATHSTROKE WOULD KILL HIM. Again, if the writers dumb down Deathstroke as they do everyone around the Joker well...

#97 Posted by Strongarm (5857 posts) - - Show Bio

Popular vote: Joker

Objective on panel feats and consistency: Slade

#98 Posted by DireDrill (2447 posts) - - Show Bio

@blackdog2009: He loses to Batman on purpose, something that I have already explained in this topic. He wants Batman to kill him so he does crazier and crazier things to push Batman into finally putting him out of his misery. Why? Because killing the Joker completely destroys Batman. He is no longer the paragon of trust, he is criminal enforcing his own rules. The Joker is the only one of Batman's villains to figure out how to kill him. Because of this, the Joker can never beat Batman in any of his plans. He has to fail to put himself in a position with Batman's hands around his throat.

The fact is that his prep is so good that he is able to plan how he loses. Why do you think it always ends with Batman punching him? The Joker makes that happen.

#99 Posted by Blackdog2009 (1820 posts) - - Show Bio

@diredrill:

yeah right, whatever helps you sleep ;)

#100 Posted by DeathHero61 (6072 posts) - - Show Bio

@blackdog2009: Its funny because thats all that happens, having you noticed the pattern? joker sets traps, kills millions then gives big obvious hint where he is then tries to get bats to kill him. When joker goes up against anyone else, he always tries to kill them, with batman he rarely tries unless he has something different planned, thats not specifically for batman, he has other people he wants to mind fuck. like supes.