• 183 results
#1 Edited by Dewin50 (381 posts) - - Show Bio

Joker has escaped arkham and is on the loose again, Deathstroke have been hired to take him down and the Joker knows this and so the hunt begins. Will Deathstroke be able to handle all the traps and plans Joker has for him and take him down or will they prove to much for him?

Place : Gotham city

Time : Infinite

Joker has Harley

Everything is pretty much permitted (Morals are on so they be reasonable on what they would do) (No help from superheroes/villains)

(Not Arkham versions despite the pictures)

#2 Posted by DrunkVader (794 posts) - - Show Bio

@dewin50:

the problem with battles with joker is you cannot predict anything he could do for that fact alone I give this to joker if you think about it he is probably the most sadistic comic character ever created

#3 Posted by randomcharachter (323 posts) - - Show Bio

Slade

#4 Posted by paulson3lt (570 posts) - - Show Bio

Does Joker get a head start with any prep? Or did he escape and then within the hour Deathstroke is hired to get him?

#5 Edited by LightenUpWillYa (108 posts) - - Show Bio

I remember a thread with exact same story I guess.

I like overestimating joker because he is one my favourites but Batman catches him all the time and doesn't kill him. I think Deathstroke is skilled as batman and he won't hesisate to kill him.

#6 Posted by Equonox (964 posts) - - Show Bio

Deathstroke easy.

#7 Posted by Dewin50 (381 posts) - - Show Bio

@paulson3lt: Joker is free for about a day before Deathstorke goes after him, ofc Joker wouldn't start laying out plans for him before he starts hunting him.

#8 Posted by scorphon (91 posts) - - Show Bio

Deathstroke in an epic #Curbstomp.

#9 Posted by nickzambuto (13384 posts) - - Show Bio

I remember a thread with exact same story I guess.

I like overestimating joker because he is one my favourites but Batman catches him all the time and doesn't kill him. I think Deathstroke is skilled as batman and he won't hesisate to kill him.

Deathstroke is a clever tactician, but he's not the detective or criminologist that Batman is, which are skills needed to take down the Joker.

I don't see Slade getting his hands on this clown any time soon. Initially I was thinking Joker may intentionally lead Deathstroke onto him for whatever reason, but then I figured, Slade isn't Batman. Joker won't feel like playing with him, so he should be pretty serious here.

#10 Posted by scorphon (91 posts) - - Show Bio
#11 Posted by nickzambuto (13384 posts) - - Show Bio
#12 Posted by scorphon (91 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickzambuto: Deathstroke could easily track down The Joker...

#13 Edited by thelaughingman_Aoi (39 posts) - - Show Bio

Deathstroke . For one he is smarter than batman. Two he has powers. Three he is trained killer batman is a trained fight major difference

#14 Posted by nickzambuto (13384 posts) - - Show Bio

@scorphon said:

No he couldn't. Use some common sense and read a few books with Joker in it. There's a reason Batman is "The World's Greatest Detective" beyond the fact that it sounds cool. It's because the villains he fights require DETECTIVE skills to defeat.

First off, how do you suppose Deathstroke is going to locate Joker? Gotham is a big place, Joker can hide anywhere he wants.

#15 Posted by scorphon (91 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickzambuto: Either trolling or just... really really... strange...

#16 Posted by giantsfan576 (1090 posts) - - Show Bio

@scorphon said:

No he couldn't. Use some common sense and read a few books with Joker in it. There's a reason Batman is "The World's Greatest Detective" beyond the fact that it sounds cool. It's because the villains he fights require DETECTIVE skills to defeat.

First off, how do you suppose Deathstroke is going to locate Joker? Gotham is a big place, Joker can hide anywhere he wants.

So Batman is the greatest so no one else can be good?

#17 Posted by scorphon (91 posts) - - Show Bio

@giantsfan576: And he clearly does not understand the different between being a Detective and being an Assassin tracking down and killing for a living.

#18 Edited by CF12793 (2992 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickzambuto said:

@scorphon said:

The Joker is in no way intelligent or cunning enough to hide from Deathstroke for more than a day or so.

Read some comic books with Deathstroke in it. Deathstroke is said to be one of the greatest planners and tacticians in the DCU, has an enhanced mind, he has superhuman senses, and he's been known to hang around in Gotham more than a few times.

If Deathstroke can beat the Justice League on his own, he is certainly more then up to the task of finding the Joker.

#19 Posted by scorphon (91 posts) - - Show Bio

@cf12793: And I thought Deathstroke was the best Assassin in the DCU or am I wrong?

#20 Posted by giantsfan576 (1090 posts) - - Show Bio

@scorphon said:

#21 Edited by nickzambuto (13384 posts) - - Show Bio

@scorphon:

@nickzambuto said:

@scorphon said:

So Batman is the greatest so no one else can be good?

Not good enough for Joker.

@cf12793 said:

@nickzambuto said:

@scorphon said:

The Joker is in no way intelligent or cunning enough to hide from Deathstroke for more than a day or so.

Read some comic books with Deathstroke in it. Deathstroke is said to be one of the greatest planners and tacticians in the DCU, has an enhanced mind, he has superhuman senses, and he's been known to hang around in Gotham more than a few times.

If Deathstroke can beat the Justice League on his own, he is certainly more then up to the task of finding the Joker.

You're not reading my posts.

Deathstroke can be a better tactician than The Living Tribunal. Fact remains that he doesn't have an ounce of detective skills or training.

Seriously how exactly do you expect Deathstroke to track Joker down?

#22 Edited by giantsfan576 (1090 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickzambuto: because he's a deadly assassin?? He could tap into cell phone feeds or interogate some of jokers thugs

#23 Posted by scorphon (91 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickzambuto: Wow... just stop... seriously your trolling is obvious now...

#24 Edited by CF12793 (2992 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickzambuto: Doesn't have an ounce of training?

Yeah, I guess being the greatest Assassin in the World doesn't mean that he has to LOCATE the people he has to kill first. He finds and kills people for a living. That's his friggin' job. And there's a reason why people call him the greatest in the World at it.

I don't think there's been a comic where the Joker has been able to hide from Batman for more than a couple of hours. Batman and Deathstroke's intellect, resources, and level of professionalism are said by more than a few to be on par with one another's, despite Deathstroke not having the conventional training that Batman has.

And for the record, I have been reading your posts. None of them so far have made a compelling enough argument for me to agree with you.

#25 Edited by Bronze_Surfer (2976 posts) - - Show Bio
#26 Posted by Joygirl (19387 posts) - - Show Bio

Been done. Joker wins. He's beaten Slade before. He's better.

#27 Posted by DireDrill (2447 posts) - - Show Bio

NickZ is right, the Joker won't be found until he is delivering the coup de grace.

What many people don't understand about the Joker is that when it comes to the Batman he plays to lose. Take Batman out of the picture and he plays far more seriously and will be deadly efficient. Batman only finds the Joker when the Joker wants to be found. One just has to look at what he did to the Royal Flush Gang and Alexander Luthor and pretty much every person he has ever killed to know just how deadly he really can be. Every Criminal in Gotham is terrified of him to the point that Scarecrow admits that when they tell scary stories to each other they don't call them Ghost Stories, they call them Joker Stories. The Joker is far and away the most dangerous man on DC Earth and he will end Deathstroke.

Also if you think Deathstroke is a good planner then you have not read the Joker's Last Laugh. The Joker took over the world from a jail cell. Show me Deathstroke pulling off something that ridiculous with as few resources and we'll talk until then he is not beating Joker in prep. Also, Deathstroke got straight up trapped and imprisoned by Oliver Queen with no problem so don't think that Deathstroke is immune to being trapped. Green Arrow isn't even a quarter the prep master that the Joker is.

The Joker finds an abandoned amusement park and sets up multiple traps and taunts Deathstroke. His only goal at this point is to knock Deathstroke's mask off. Once one of his traps designed to do just that does its job, he hits him with Joker Venom. Also, don't think that Deathstroke's healing factor will save him because everyone from Superman to Grayven has fallen prey to its effects. Deathstroke dies laughing.

You can't really beat the Clown when he has prep and you are not Batman.

#28 Posted by Jokergeist (4935 posts) - - Show Bio

Deathstroke is a clever tactician, but he's not the detective or criminologist that Batman is, which are skills needed to take down the Joker.

I don't see Slade getting his hands on this clown any time soon. Initially I was thinking Joker may intentionally lead Deathstroke onto him for whatever reason, but then I figured, Slade isn't Batman. Joker won't feel like playing with him, so he should be pretty serious here.

Exactly! =D

#29 Posted by nickzambuto (13384 posts) - - Show Bio

@giantsfan576 said:

@nickzambuto: because he's a deadly assassin?? He could tap into cell phone feeds or interogate some of jokers thugs

Are you kidding me?

@cf12793 said:

Yeah, I guess being the greatest Assassin in the World doesn't mean that he has to LOCATE the people he has to kill first. He finds and kills people for a living. That's his friggin' job. And there's a reason why people call him the greatest in the World at it.

I don't think there's been a comic where the Joker has been able to hide from Batman for more than a couple of hours. Batman and Deathstroke's intellect, resources, and level of professionalism are said by more than a few to be on par with one another's, despite Deathstroke not having the conventional training that Batman has.

And for the record, I have been reading your posts. None of them so far have made a compelling enough argument for me to agree with you.

No, you are very ignorant of the Joker. Joker has disappeared for months with not a single trace of his whereabouts. Batman never finds him until he actually reveals himself, when his plan is underway. If Joker doesn't want to be found then he's not going to be found. Hell, I could probably hide from Deathstroke for a few days if I really needed to. Gotham City is obviously a big place, I can just stay in one of the abandoned apartment complexes for a few days. You are not thinking of this realistically; if Joker doesn't tell anyone where he is, how is Slade supposed to find him?

@jokergeist Just for the record, I have oodles of respect for Joker... I just don't think he can beat master martial artists in a fist fight :P

#30 Edited by Jokergeist (4935 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickzambuto: Yaaaay! I love you now :P

EDIT: (I used to think you hated Joker)

#31 Posted by The_Battle_Callout_Phonebook (17 posts) - - Show Bio

This isnt about if deathstroke could catch joker or not..Its a battle.

As soon as deathstroke finds joker,joker is going to die.

#32 Posted by schillenger420 (821 posts) - - Show Bio

Slade's got this. With no limitations on prep he's an absolute beast. Not that Joker isn't good (and crazy unpredictable) but Deathstrokes basically Batman, with weapons, slight superpowers, and a willingness to kill. As for finding Joker, that's what Slade does as an assassin, finds people who don't want to be found. Hell the way i'd write it up.... Deathstroke get's himself caught intentionally, takes a little torture, then when he's finally within sight of Mr. J breaks out of his confines and slaughters everybody. That being said this really depends on who's writing it up. The Joker is one of the most unpredictable and too a degree one of the most dangerous villains in all of comics.

#33 Edited by CF12793 (2992 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickzambuto said:

@giantsfan576 said:

Are you kidding me?

@cf12793 said:

No, you are very ignorant of the Joker. Joker has disappeared for months with not a single trace of his whereabouts. Batman never finds him until he actually reveals himself, when his plan is underway. If Joker doesn't want to be found then he's not going to be found. Hell, I could probably hide from Deathstroke for a few days if I really needed to. Gotham City is obviously a big place, I can just stay in one of the abandoned apartment complexes for a few days. You are not thinking of this realistically; if Joker doesn't tell anyone where he is, how is Slade supposed to find him?

@jokergeist Just for the record, I have oodles of respect for Joker... I just don't think he can beat master martial artists in a fist fight :P

2 Things:

1.) I'm not looking at this realistically, as you say, because this is a comic book battle. They are fictional characters, they can do anything they want. If the writer of the current "Deathstroke" comic book decided, "Hey, I'm going to make Deathstroke have telekinesis and shoot ice cream out of his nipples!" We would all have to go with it because it is continuity. I may be ignorant of the Joker, as you put it, but you are taking this WAY too seriously, and to a whole different level other than a simple argument about 2 people who don't exist.

2.) All comes down to opinion, mate. I can be swayed by the arguments made by Diredrill, because they are logical. But making the claim that Deathstroke is nothing but some common thug who couldn't find someone even if he had a GPS, a map to the person's house, along with their place of birth and social security number is ridiculous.

So I'm done with this thread. Obviously I'm not going to prove anything to you. Good job, you won a less than pointless argument with someone who you'll never meet in person. How nice for you.

This is why I rarely take stands in these debates, because they get so abstract and complicated that they lose entire focus.

#34 Posted by dondave (36385 posts) - - Show Bio

Deathstroke

#35 Posted by Jokergeist (4935 posts) - - Show Bio
#36 Edited by CF12793 (2992 posts) - - Show Bio

@jokergeist said:

@nickzambuto: *applause* Congratz, you won!

He certainly did, chief. He certainly did.

You wanna know why I don't participate in these threads? Because the whole idea of them is flawed from the very beginning. These characters are fictional. FICTIONAL.

If I ever become a comic book writer, I'm writing myself into the Justice League and making myself more powerful than Superman, faster than the Flash, smarter and a better detective than Batman, and a nicer ass than Wonder Woman, and all of you are going to have to just sit there and deal with it! :D

#37 Posted by Jokergeist (4935 posts) - - Show Bio

@cf12793: We should give him a medal. Or a trophy?

#39 Posted by schillenger420 (821 posts) - - Show Bio

@cf12793: My question would be, if your surprised people are passionate about these fictional characters, why are you on here in the first place, discussing battles about said characters? I mean, that's kinda what this is all about. Not that I don't understand where your coming from as it is ridiculous to get worked up over this stuff.... but hey personally i'd rather get worked up in a debate over fictional characters than politics, religion, or the law. It's much more entertaining.......

#40 Edited by Jokergeist (4935 posts) - - Show Bio
#41 Posted by CF12793 (2992 posts) - - Show Bio

@schillenger420: The thing is that since I've joined this forum, I've rarely debated. I admit that I'm bad at it and the only time I'll bump heads with someone is when I don't agree highly with what they've said. I've shared the same passion for these characters since I was a kid, and I still read comics daily and love discussing them. But I mean, I find these battles get really burnt out after a while because the 2 parties are just never going to see eye to eye with each other. I'm one for certainly just ending the debate if the person makes enough valid points to sway my opinion, that's why I brought up Diredrill's post. But most people on this forum aren't like that, and will continue to go on and on.

I respect everyone's opinion here and more than a few times I've gained respect for a character that I didn't know enough about after the battle dies down, but the idea that I'm not looking at this battle "realistically" just made me cringe.

#42 Posted by Erick_Williams (758 posts) - - Show Bio

@scorphon said:

Deathstroke in an epic #Curbstomp.

#43 Posted by schillenger420 (821 posts) - - Show Bio

@cf12793: I see where your coming from and to some degree feel the same way.On the other hand I enjoy the debate, as occasionally I lose and learn something about characters I otherwise didn't know. (Wonder Woman is in fact off the hook) As far as threads being never ending... yeah.... but I personally just started on here this year so a lot of times I'v not thrown my 2 cents in... I don't mind em as much.

#44 Posted by Xeno_Seeker (414 posts) - - Show Bio

Guys Deathstroke has infinite time to find and kill the Joker. the Joker cannot hide forever. Slade is not an idiot he isn't going to play the Jokers game. All he has to do is wait. eventually the Joker will have to leave whatever place he has filled with deathtraps.

Whenever that happens Deathstroke will put a bullet in his head from afar.

#45 Edited by DireDrill (2447 posts) - - Show Bio

People don't seem to understand that Deathstroke won't find the Joker unless the Joker wants it to happen and by that time he is pretty much already dead. That sniping position that he Deathstroke logically picked to watch him from is exactly where the Joker wanted him. It is at this time that the floor drops from below Deathstroke and he falls into a vat of green acid but his reflexes kick in and he stops himself from falling in completely. Then the Joker drops more acid on top of him. He still manages to escape but his armor is trashed and he has to discard it. It is then that the Joker shows himself with a grin as the Joker Venom hits Deathstroke and he begins to smirk ever so slightly. Slade rushes him sluggishly but the Joker Venom has taken its toll. Joker deftly dodges and puts a bullet in Slade's face. He then throws his regenerating carcass into the acid for the win.

Since Deathstroke is not Batman, the Joker won't go easy on him. The only reason that Bruce is still alive and kicking is because the Joker doesn't want to kill Bruce Wayne, he wants the Bat.

#46 Posted by light47 (252 posts) - - Show Bio

Guys Deathstroke has infinite time to find and kill the Joker. the Joker cannot hide forever. Slade is not an idiot he isn't going to play the Jokers game. All he has to do is wait. eventually the Joker will have to leave whatever place he has filled with deathtraps.

Whenever that happens Deathstroke will put a bullet in his head from afar.

Really, Slade will play the game whether he wants to or not, seriously you understimate the joker way too much, do you think Batman wants to play his games? He does it because he doesn't have a choice, as soon as Slade shows up to kill the Joker he already started playing the game.

#47 Posted by nickzambuto (13384 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickzambuto: Yaaaay! I love you now :P

EDIT: (I used to think you hated Joker)

Hate him? DO YOU REALIZE HOW MANY HOURS I'VE PUT INTO WRITING FAN FICTIONS ABOUT THIS GUY?!?!?!?!?

#48 Posted by nickzambuto (13384 posts) - - Show Bio

@cf12793: Since you don't have a rebuttal you are going to insult me for partaking in this debate... despite you... doing it too?

#49 Posted by Jokergeist (4935 posts) - - Show Bio
#50 Posted by nickzambuto (13384 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickzambuto: Well you debated against me in the Joker vs Red Skull thread, so. I dunno what that was about :P

Well putting Joker into a fist fight is the same as putting Wolverine in a chess tournament. Conceivably, they might be pretty good, but it's really just pointless.