• Morals On
  • No Prep
  • Random Encounter
  • Standard Gear
  • win by KO, Death or Incap

#2 Posted by CalebHara (2329 posts) - - Show Bio

New 52? Pre 52? Both?

#3 Edited by Strider92 (16111 posts) - - Show Bio

@calebhara: Lets be fun and give an opinion on both!

#4 Edited by CalebHara (2329 posts) - - Show Bio

In that case, i would have to give it to Slade.

#5 Edited by Strider92 (16111 posts) - - Show Bio

@calebhara: Ian can't beat either New 52 or pre-52 Slade? O.O I'll make it current Slade to prevent confusion.

#6 Posted by Regal_Rumble_Man (874 posts) - - Show Bio

@strider92: From what I have heard, Ian

his feats seem anime-swordsman ish

#7 Posted by laflux (14159 posts) - - Show Bio

@calebhara: Ian can't beat either New 52 or pre-52 Slade? O.O I'll make it current Slade to prevent confusion.

Do you have any feats from Nottingham to suggest that he could get through that pesky nth armor with his sword?

#8 Edited by Strider92 (16111 posts) - - Show Bio

@laflux: DS Nth metal isn't all over his body and its thicker and weaker in certain areas its also not entirely Nth metal its a hybrid between Nth metal and other earth based metal hence why people can do this:

#9 Posted by laflux (14159 posts) - - Show Bio

@strider92:

hmmm, I think I case could be made for both, though my knowledge of Mr Nottingham is limited to a few scans. Though I want to give the battle to Deathstroke since I have had negative experiences with the female folk of Nottingham, but that is perhaps a story for another time......................

#10 Posted by Strider92 (16111 posts) - - Show Bio

@laflux: ahhhh Nottingham, where evolution goes to die!

#11 Edited by Wyldsong (5137 posts) - - Show Bio

@strider92:

Let's see...I may have to go back and reread some stuff to refresh my failing memory on Ian here...but he can catch bullets bare handed, sliced a car basically in half with a katana, and has kept up with artifact bearer's even before getting the blood sword. Personally, I think he has a good shot at this. He's got superhuman attributes and is a grade A bad arse.

I'll wait to see more arguments for Slade though. Are you considering the blood sword as standard for Ian here?

#12 Posted by CalebHara (2329 posts) - - Show Bio

@strider92: His uncle did that in the episode just prior to that stabbing. Slade stated that he shouldn't have pierced the armour. He used a technique that allowed im to seemingly slip the blade of the sword underneath one of the plates of his armour.

This would lead me to believe that Tomo used the same technique, seeing how the only person that was able the perice the armour so far that hasn't had Sukesada Clan training was the class 100+ who could lift the 6000 ton submarine.

#13 Posted by CalebHara (2329 posts) - - Show Bio

@strider92: My bad, thought you meant both, as in feats for both the new 52 Slade and the pre 52 Slade. I would say that the pre 52 Slade would take this. I think that he is simply too fast, too strong, and too smart for Ian.

The new 52 Slade isn't nearly as fast, or as strong as his pre 52 version. The armour would be a problem, but it's nothing that a skilled swordsman like Ian couldn't get around. I could see him replicating the feat that i have posted above.

#14 Posted by Strider92 (16111 posts) - - Show Bio

@calebhara: Ah I see where you got confused. Should have made myself clearer :)

#15 Posted by Strider92 (16111 posts) - - Show Bio

@wyldsong: Having not read artifacts i can't say :(. Does the Blood Sword make him oped?

#16 Edited by Wyldsong (5137 posts) - - Show Bio

@strider92: I have got to go back and look at the books and refresh my memory on it. I know the sword has proven capable of killing an Angelus (which a conventional weapon could definitely not accomplish). It craves blood, and the series talks about it granting the wielder power, but I am trying to remember off hand if this power is ever truly quantified.

I'll look at my collection when I get home tomorrow and get back to you on it. Any weapon capable of killing an Angelus though is pretty darn powerful. Even if not considered standard, Ian with a conventional sword should be able to do some damage regardless.

#17 Posted by Strider92 (16111 posts) - - Show Bio

@wyldsong: Also could you tell me what Witchblade issues Ian appears in? I want to learn more about him. I know the basics but i'm looking for something a bit more in-depth as I only started reading Witchblade later in its run so I missed most of the arcs involving his best stuff.

#18 Edited by Wyldsong (5137 posts) - - Show Bio

@strider92: I'll PM you in a bit on this. Right off the top of my head though, I would tell you to check out Ian's one shot, Witchblade: Nottingham #1.

#19 Posted by Strider92 (16111 posts) - - Show Bio

@wyldsong: Cheers i'll look into it. Don't worry about the rest I found some of the best stuff from Ian after some searching :)

#20 Edited by Wyldsong (5137 posts) - - Show Bio

@strider92 said:

@wyldsong: Cheers i'll look into it. Don't worry about the rest I found some of the best stuff from Ian after some searching :)

Glad you found some stuff. My time on the site has been spotty as of late, and my responses may be slow in coming (life is a bit busy at the moment). If you need anything else, let me know bud.

#21 Posted by Strider92 (16111 posts) - - Show Bio