Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#102  Edited By Static Shock
@spidey 15 said:
I can't show feats but it is said that Slade is superhuman ( i think he can lift up to 5 tons) and he has super speed etc... Cap is at peak lvls so there is a high difference between them...imo....=] "
I've never seen him lift anything close to five tons. His speed is only borderline superhuman. Nothing that Cap can't deal with.
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103  Edited By Static Shock
@Theodore said:
" DS win. "
How?
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#104  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
Good work, Static.
Son_of_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

#105  Edited By Son_of_Magnus
@Static Shock: His fights with Cassie were him trying to get Ravager to fight her he wanted them to fight he never had any intentions of fighting Cassie Cassie was for Rose that was the whole. point. His brain does not work like Midnighter's it work's differently it work's like Superman were it can process more and faster it has been said how he can run all of sorts of equations and what not through his head at once and he has displayed pre cog be fore that is what I mean this allows him to be thinking of a whole crap load of things while the fight is going on keeping his mind on the fight as well as working out his next one hundred steps and escape route. He tanked those attacks in his Deathstroke The Terminator Run after the army deemed him a threat and wanted him dead and made him enemy of the state
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By Static Shock
@Son_of_Magnus said:

" @Static Shock: His fights with Cassie were him trying to get Ravager to fight her he wanted them to fight he never had any intentions of fighting Cassie Cassie was for Rose that was the whole. point.

That was only for one fight, though. Not the other two.
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By Static Shock
@Morpheus_ said:
" Good work, Static. "

Thanks.

@Son_of_Magnus said:

His brain does not work like Midnighter's it work's differently it work's like Superman were it can process more and faster it has been said how he can run all of sorts of equations and what not through his head at once and he has displayed pre cog be fore that is what I mean this allows him to be thinking of a whole crap load of things while the fight is going on keeping his mind on the fight as well as working out his next one hundred steps and escape route.

When has displayed true precognition? O_o Also, I've seen Deathstroke taken out by bullets whenever the armor he wears is underperformed by the writer.
Surge2477

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By Surge2477

Great battle. Giving edge to Steve in a tough battle.
spidey 15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#109  Edited By spidey 15
@Static Shock said:
" @spidey 15 said:
I can't show feats but it is said that Slade is superhuman ( i think he can lift up to 5 tons) and he has super speed etc... Cap is at peak lvls so there is a high difference between them...imo....=] "
I've never seen him lift anything close to five tons. His speed is only borderline superhuman. Nothing that Cap can't deal with. "
Neither do i but this is because i'm not interested in DC....i'm prett sure someone could have any feat  that shows Slade's strength....=]
Also strength and speed isn't all......Slade has also his gadgets.....i'm not sure if cap could handle slade's gadgets and at the same time try to handle his skills and superior physical stats....=]
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By Static Shock
@spidey 15 said:
"Also strength and speed isn't all......Slade has also his gadgets.....i'm not sure if cap could handle slade's gadgets and at the same time try to handle his skills and superior physical stats....=] "
You mean weapons. With Cap's shield, he could deflect any bullets, as well as any shots from the blasting staff. What makes Slade superior to Cap?
spidey 15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By spidey 15
@Static Shock said:
" @spidey 15 said:
"Also strength and speed isn't all......Slade has also his gadgets.....i'm not sure if cap could handle slade's gadgets and at the same time try to handle his skills and superior physical stats....=] "
You mean weapons. With Cap's shield, he could deflect any bullets, as well as any shots from the blasting staff. What makes Slade superior to Cap? "
Yes....=]
I didn't say that his weapons will affect him at all...i was just saying that his weapons will be a help to try to slow him down....i believe he can do it since his tactical mind will let him to find his way to do it...=]
Also his super reflexes( that actually come from his ability to use the 90% of his brain) can give him a certain degree of precognition that will make him fast to avoid most of cap's attacks...=]
He is in a certain degree superior physically to cap but since i can't really proved that i won't try to argue about it.....=]
Theodore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#112  Edited By Theodore

Slade is fast enough to tag the Flash, can use 100% of his brain capacity, and is probably Olympic level strength.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By Static Shock
@Theodore said:
" Slade is fast enough to tag the Flash, can use 100% of his brain capacity, and is probably Olympic level strength. "
He can only tag the Flash if he's moving at sub-sonic speeds. Deathstroke doesn't use 100% of his brain, and he's stronger than Olympic level.
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By Static Shock
@spidey 15 said:
Also his super reflexes( that actually come from his ability to use the 90% of his brain) can give him a certain degree of precognition that will make him fast to avoid most of cap's attacks
He doesn't have precognition. His reflexes are enough for him to dodge bullets or see them move in slow motion. If he had precog, Batgirl wouldn't have been able to trade punches with him.
Braise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By Braise

bump.

Avatar image for the_mjolnir_wielder
The Mjolnir Wielder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Slade wins very easily, now please let this thread die already.

spidey 15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By spidey 15
@Static Shock said:
" @spidey 15 said:
Also his super reflexes( that actually come from his ability to use the 90% of his brain) can give him a certain degree of precognition that will make him fast to avoid most of cap's attacks
He doesn't have precognition. His reflexes are enough for him to dodge bullets or see them move in slow motion. If he had precog, Batgirl wouldn't have been able to trade punches with him. "
That isn't dterminated yet.....having the ability to use 90% of his brain could give you amazing reflexes that ALMOST could be a precognition....having precognition or not he still fast enoughto avoid cap....=]
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By Static Shock
@spidey 15: Against Cap, he's not going to be that fast. He's been tagged by Batman, Nightwing, Cassandra Cain, Bronze Tiger, and many others.
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By Static Shock
@The Mjolnir Wielder said:
" Slade wins very easily, now please let this thread die already. "
Not sure how Slade wins very easily... If this were the case, someone would have been able to make a compelling argument for him by now.
spidey 15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By spidey 15
@Static Shock said:
" @spidey 15: Against Cap, he's not going to be that fast. He's been tagged by Batman, Nightwing, Cassandra Cain, Bronze Tiger, and many others. "
Well....i think Cassandra isn't the prefect example cause i believe she is faster than cap....i could be wrong of course....=]
 Anyway...yes cap is able to hit him but also is Slade.....so if he combined his weapons with his speed( which i believe is above cap's) and his skills then there is a huge possibilty that cap will lose even if he has his shield...=]
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By Static Shock
@spidey 15 said:
" Well....i think Cassandra isn't the prefect example cause i believe she is faster than cap....i could be wrong of course....=]  Anyway...yes cap is able to hit him but also is Slade.....so if he combined his weapons with his speed( which i believe is above cap's) and his skills then there is a huge possibilty that cap will lose even if he has his shield...=] "
What makes Deathstroke's speed greater than Cap's?
spidey 15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By spidey 15
@Static Shock said:
" @spidey 15 said:
" Well....i think Cassandra isn't the prefect example cause i believe she is faster than cap....i could be wrong of course....=]  Anyway...yes cap is able to hit him but also is Slade.....so if he combined his weapons with his speed( which i believe is above cap's) and his skills then there is a huge possibilty that cap will lose even if he has his shield...=] "
What makes Deathstroke's speed greater than Cap's? "

That's a good question...lol
Well in page 5 has some scans that proves that he is really fast...if not faster than cap at least he could be equals in speed....i doubt if he is inferior........=]
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By Static Shock
@spidey 15 said:
" That's a good question...lol Well in page 5 has some scans that proves that he is really fast...if not faster than cap at least he could be equals in speed....i doubt if he is inferior........=] "
I'll never say that Slade is inferior. He's at least equal, and if his speed is greater, it's not to the point that Cap couldn't keep up with him in battle.
spidey 15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By spidey 15
@Static Shock said:
" @spidey 15 said:
" That's a good question...lol Well in page 5 has some scans that proves that he is really fast...if not faster than cap at least he could be equals in speed....i doubt if he is inferior........=] "
I'll never say that Slade is inferior. He's at least equal, and if his speed is greater, it's not to the point that Cap couldn't keep up with him in battle. "
But i didn't say with speed alone he will beat cap...as i said with his weapons he can try to slow down cap and then with his speed and skills he can beat him...=]
I just see Slade having some extra advantages...=]
The Mjolnir Wielder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Static Shock said:
" @The Mjolnir Wielder said:
" Slade wins very easily, now please let this thread die already. "
Not sure how Slade wins very easily... If this were the case, someone would have been able to make a compelling argument for him by now."
Slade doesn't need a compelling argument here, since he already outclasses Cap in strength, speed/agility, reflexes, advanced H2H skills and marksmanship.
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By Static Shock

"Slade doesn't need a compelling argument here, since he already outclasses Cap in strength, speed/agility, reflexes, advanced H2H skills

Marksmanship doesn't really matter, since Cap doesn't use firearms. But, I haven't seen anything that would make Slade greater than Cap. Absolutely nothing. Deathstroke H2H skills aren't even that advanced, and he isn't even a top DCU fighter. Cap is a master of every style known to man. He said it himself. Slade couldn't even trade punches with Cassandra, and Bronze Tiger held his own against him, H2H. Green Arrow stalemated him in a swordfight, as well. Nothing advanced about his ability to fight. Agility is debatable, although Slade had like one impressive agility while Superman was chasing him, while Cap has had several. Reflexes are debatable, too. They can both react faster than humans, and time bullets. Not seeing an advantage for Slade there, either.
spidey 15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By spidey 15
@Static Shock said:

"Slade doesn't need a compelling argument here, since he already outclasses Cap in strength, speed/agility, reflexes, advanced H2H skills

Marksmanship doesn't really matter, since Cap doesn't use firearms. But, I haven't seen anything that would make Slade greater than Cap. Absolutely nothing. Deathstroke H2H skills aren't even that advanced, and he isn't even a top DCU fighter. Cap is a master of every style known to man. He said it himself. Slade couldn't even trade punches with Cassandra, and Bronze Tiger held his own against him, H2H. Green Arrow stalemated him in a swordfight, as well. Nothing advanced about his ability to fight. Agility is debatable, although Slade had like one impressive agility while Superman was chasing him, while Cap has had several. Reflexes are debatable, too. They can both react faster than humans, and time bullets. Not seeing an advantage for Slade there, either. "
For the part in bold i would give the edge in Slade......the ability to use 90% of your brain can help you think amazing fast....so logicaly slade would have better reflexes.....=]
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By Static Shock
@spidey 15 said:
"For the part in bold i would give the edge in Slade......the ability to use 90% of your brain can help you think amazing fast....so logicaly slade would have better reflexes.....=] "
Some would think. However, he hasn't really has dodged anything other than bullets, and tagged the Flash at sub-sonic speeds. I don't find his reflexes that impressive, to be honest.
The Mjolnir Wielder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Static Shock said:
Marksmanship doesn't really matter, since Cap doesn't use firearms. But, I haven't seen anything that would make Slade greater than Cap. Absolutely nothing. Deathstroke H2H skills aren't even that advanced, and he isn't even a top DCU fighter. Cap is a master of every style known to man. He said it himself. "
He's pulled a cable that, as indicated, would normally take the combined strength of 100 men. As far as I know, that feat alone trumps anything Cap has ever done strength-wise. Kingpin has even been able to keep Cap on the defensive before and was matching him speed-wise throughout their entire fight. Sorry, but there's no way he's on the same level as Slade in anything that relates to that category. I don't mean to be offensive here, Static, but you evidently don't know too much about Slade if you honestly don't consider him being an elite fighter in the DCU, or even Natas' top pupil.
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By Static Shock

"He's pulled a cable that, as indicated, would normally take the combined strength of 100 men. As far as I know, that feat alone trumps anything Cap has ever done strength-wise. Kingpin has even been able to keep Cap on the defensive before and was matching him speed-wise throughout their entire fight. Sorry, but there's no way he's on the same level as Slade in anything that relates to that category. I don't mean to be offensive here, Static, but you evidently don't know too much about Slade if you honestly don't consider him being an elite fighter in the DCU, or even Natas' top pupil. "

That feat was an Elseworld's showing. Deathstroke isn't THAT strong. LOL. Kingpin has also been able to keep Spider-Man on the defensive, as well, even though Spidey outclasses him. He did the same against Daredevil, too, who is obviously faster than him. Kingpin gives everyone a fight, as far as I'm concerned. You can't tell me that Cap isn't on Deathstroke's level if you're unable to prove that. I know enough about Slade, and there's offense taken at all. Being Natas' top pupil doesn't really tell me much, if Green Arrow went and got the same training from him and ended up stalemating Deathstroke in a swordfight. Does that make Green Arrow an elite fighter now? Deathstroke is not an elite fighter, and when fighting against elite fighters, he comes up short.

If Slade is so much better than Cap, you're gonna have to show me. That's all I'm saying.
spidey 15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By spidey 15
@Static Shock said:
" @spidey 15 said:
"For the part in bold i would give the edge in Slade......the ability to use 90% of your brain can help you think amazing fast....so logicaly slade would have better reflexes.....=] "
Some would think. However, he hasn't really has dodged anything other than bullets, and tagged the Flash at sub-sonic speeds. I don't find his reflexes that impressive, to be honest. "
Indeed but considering this ability is logical for slade to have some reflexes above cap....we can't really cancel that possibility...=]
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By Static Shock
@spidey 15 said:
"Indeed but considering this ability is logical for slade to have some reflexes above cap....we can't really cancel that possibility...=] "
It's a possibility, not a certainty. :)
spidey 15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By spidey 15
@Static Shock said:
" @spidey 15 said:
"Indeed but considering this ability is logical for slade to have some reflexes above cap....we can't really cancel that possibility...=] "
It's a possibility, not a certainty. :) "
Well...i don't have anything else to say...
I just expressed my opinions so.... have a nice day....=]
The Mjolnir Wielder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Static Shock said:
"@The Mjolnir Wielder said:

"He's pulled a cable that, as indicated, would normally take the combined strength of 100 men. As far as I know, that feat alone trumps anything Cap has ever done strength-wise. Kingpin has even been able to keep Cap on the defensive before and was matching him speed-wise throughout their entire fight. Sorry, but there's no way he's on the same level as Slade in anything that relates to that category. I don't mean to be offensive here, Static, but you evidently don't know too much about Slade if you honestly don't consider him being an elite fighter in the DCU, or even Natas' top pupil. "

That feat was an Elseworld's showing. Deathstroke isn't THAT strong. LOL. Kingpin has also been able to keep Spider-Man on the defensive, as well, even though Spidey outclasses him. He did the same against Daredevil, too, who is obviously faster than him. Kingpin gives everyone a fight, as far as I'm concerned. You can't tell me that Cap isn't on Deathstroke's level if you're unable to prove that. I know enough about Slade, and there's offense taken at all. Being Natas' top pupil doesn't really tell me much, if Green Arrow went and got the same training from him and ended up stalemating Deathstroke in a swordfight. Does that make Green Arrow an elite fighter now?Deathstroke is not an elite fighter, and when fighting against elite fighters, he comes up short.  If Slade is so much better than Cap, you're gonna have to show me. That's all I'm saying. "
1. When going all out, Spider-Man has been able to run rings around Kingpin before.  
2. What speed feats does Cap have that are on par with Slade's? 
3. I'm sorry that offended you, but I have a lot of respect for you as a debater regardless. 
4. Ollie had a considerable amount of preparation coming into that fight, and surprised Slade with his new techniques. Slade had to adjust to the style midway through, and still managed to get the upper hand at the end. Besides, ollie was wearing special boots that enhanced his agility and overall quickness.  
5. He's beaten Nightwing three times in the same issue before, has nearly killed Batman and has stalemated Cassie Cain on two separate occasions (he was clearly holding back in their first encounter).
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By Static Shock

1. When going all out, Spider-Man has been able to run rings around Kingpin before.  
3. I'm sorry that offended you, but I have a lot of respect for you as a debater regardless. 
4. Ollie had a considerable amount of preparation coming into that fight, and surprised Slade with his new techniques. Slade had to adjust to the style midway through, and still managed to get the upper hand at the end. Besides, ollie was wearing special boots that enhanced his agility and overall quickness.  
5. He's beaten Nightwing three times in the same issue before, has nearly killed Batman and has stalemated Cassie Cain on two separate occasions (he was clearly holding back in their first encounter). "

1) Yes, when going all out. Under normal conditions, that is not the case.
2) I have better question. What speed feats does Slade actually have other dodging bullets and Starbolts with an undefined speed?
3) Thanks. I respect you, as well. There was a typo in there. I meant to say 'no offense taken'. :P
4) I remember the prep, but the boots is something I overlooked.
5) I do remember him beating Nightwing, but that's only because he's physically superior, not because he's more skilled. The same goes for Batman, who has actually displayed better feats of martial arts than Slade has. I also recall Slade losing a fight with another person after his bout with Batman, due to the fact that Batman inflicted too much damage on him. I don't recall him actually stalemating her. In fact, when he tried to trade punches with her, she countered everything, and tagged him, as a result. He was unable to get a bead on her with his guns, and resorted to blowing up the building, instead. I can agree that he was holding back in one fight, though, just so Ravager could fight her.
The Mjolnir Wielder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also, who cares if Cap stated that he's mastered every style known to man? Cyclops has claimed in the past that his optic beams can tear through a small planet with ease, but are we inclined to believe that as well?

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By Static Shock
" Also, who cares if Cap stated that he's mastered every style known to man? "
Me, especially when the Handbook has his fighting skill listed as a 7. As for the Cyclops thing, I don't know what to say about that.

The Mjolnir Wielder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Static Shock said:
"

5. He's beaten Nightwing three times in the same issue before, has nearly killed Batman and has stalemated Cassie Cain on two separate occasions (he was clearly holding back in their first encounter). "

1) Yes, when going all out. Under normal conditions, that is not the case. 2) I have better question. What speed feats does Slade actually have other dodging bullets and Starbolts with an undefined speed? 3) Thanks. I respect you, as well. There was a typo in there. I meant to say 'no offense taken'. :P 4) I remember the prep, but the boots is something I overlooked.5) I do remember him beating Nightwing, but that's only because he's physically superior, not because he's more skilled. The same goes for Batman, who has actually displayed better feats of martial arts than Slade has. I also recall Slade losing a fight with another person after his bout with Batman, due to the fact that Batman inflicted too much damage on him. I don't recall him actually stalemating her. In fact, when he tried to trade punches with her, she countered everything, and tagged him, as a result. He was unable to get a bead on her with his guns, and resorted to blowing up the building, instead. I can agree that he was holding back in one fight, though, just so Ravager could fight her. "
1. Dodging and countering a Flash speed blitz (even at relatively slower speeds for him) is a more impressive feat than I've ever seen from Steve
2. Sorry, that's my bad 
3. Yeah, but the same thing could be said about Steve (he is, after all, physicall enhanced as well).  
4. Cassie's bodliy reactions allowed her to take control in one of their fights, but he showed that he's more than capable of holding his own against her. Slade's also toyed with Black Canary before, and she's arguably more skilled than Batman.
Xi Felix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By Xi Felix

(I meant to ask this yesterday when I made this very same thread without knowing it was already made) Why are people giving such an overwhelming nod to Deathstroke over Captain America?
Son_of_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

#140  Edited By Son_of_Magnus

The fact is Slade has already defeated better fighters than Cap the easy answer is read Teen Titans East Saga

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By Static Shock
@Son_of_Magnus said:
" The fact is Slade has already defeated better fighters than Cap the easy answer is read Teen Titans East Saga "
Who fights better than Cap? Not Batman. Not Nightwing, either.
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By Static Shock
@The Mjolnir Wielder: 
1) There's nothing impressive about dodging and tagging a Flash moving at sub-sonic speeds. It's as easy as sticking your hand out in front of him.
2) The only problem is that not only is he physically enhanced, but he's a master of several fighting styles. He's not able to fighting against Black Panther, Red Skull, and Wolverine for nothing. All of them are enhanced, too. In fact, Wolverine is borderline superhuman and Cap kept up with him in fight twice. Cap has been able hold his own against those that outclass him as well, using their own leverage against them (Starfox, Hulk at base-level strength, Thunderstrike, etc). When it comes to fighting street-levelers at an enhanced level, and those further, Cap has it. There's no reason to think that he couldn't fight Deathstroke. Then there's his shield mastery on top of that.
3) All I remember is Slade slipping a cloth over her face. Other than that, I don't see how she's more skilled than Batman. At the very least, she's equal.

@Xi Felix said:
" (I meant to ask this yesterday when I made this very same thread without knowing it was already made) Why are people giving such an overwhelming nod to Deathstroke over Captain America? "
I don't know, to be honest.
Xi Felix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By Xi Felix

@Xi Felix said:
" (I meant to ask this yesterday when I made this very same thread without knowing it was already made) Why are people giving such an overwhelming nod to Deathstroke over Captain America? "
I don't know, to be honest. "

And I'm quite anxious to know because I'm very familiar with Deathstroke(and fairly familiar with Captain America), and also a HUGE Deathstroke fan. All that being said, I haven't really seen anything to suggest Captain America can't take him(the only outstanding advantage I could think of in Deathstroke's favor would be ruthlesness, but at the same time I think Cap could easily compensate  with his *arguably* superior martial arts proficiency).
Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By Silver2467
@Static Shock: Okay, here's the way I see it, and you're welcome to agree or disagree at your leisure. Deathstroke has defeated BatMan before. He's also fought against multiple allies of BatMan all at once. He's a very skilled fighter and has some superhuman attributes. In my opinion, BatMan is a better fighter than Deathstroke. He wouldn't be too much more skilled, but he is more disciplined and more skilled in martial arts than Deathstroke is. The reason Deathstroke was able to defeat BatMan, despite BatMan's superiority in combat, is his superhuman attributes. BatMan is only peak human. He's been able to break cuffs, lift heavy weights, punch through bazooka proof glass, dodge bullets, and so on. He's done things that Captain America can do. Now, I would say that even though BatMan is peak human, Cap has slightly greater physical prowess than BatMan. Cap wouldn't outweigh Bats in physical power by much, since Cap isn't superhuman, but he is ahead of him by a slight degree. Deathstroke, as I said, is superhuman. He has degrees of superhuman strength, speed, agility, reflexes, durability, healing, and mental processes accelerated by a factor of 9. He's also more than willing to kill his opponents. In a fight against BatMan, I think that Deathstroke could hold his own even if he didn't have superhuman attributes. Without his enhancements, BatMan would win, because, again, I think BatMan is a somewhat more skilled fighter, but Deathstroke could give Bats a decent fight even without his enhancements. With his superhuman physical powers on top of his combat skill, he has a significant advantage over BatMan. I've always considered Bats an equal fighter with Cap, putting Cap slightly ahead of Bats in physical conditioning, Bats ahead in intelligence, and Cap's shield and Bats's gadgets cancelling each other out (some people disagree, but that's where I stand). Understanding that, Cap could fight Deathstroke, holding his own fairly well. In BatMan's fight with Deathstroke, he didn't use his equipment really. He fought him strictly hand to hand. Because Deathstroke is superhuman, he had the edge in that fight. If Bats had been a little more crafty, developing a strategy as he went after Deathstroke and utilizing his gadgets, I think he very well may have been able to do a little better against Slade. I'm not entirely sure he would've won (although I wouldn't be surprised if he did), but he could've at least done better than he did. Cap uses his shield constantly. He'll use it in his fight with Deathstroke guaranteed (and as I said, I consider his shield to cancel out with Bats's gadgets). Thus, as I said, if Bats had used his equipment and tactical abilities a little better, he could have done better in that fight. The same applies for Cap. He will use his shield, which will increase his chances for winning. I do agree that people probably are singling Cap out of this too easily, but overall, based on Deathstroke's powers, I would give him the fight. Cap will give Slade one his toughest fights, but overall, I think Deathstroke will take it after a very long, bloody fight. So basically, to sum this up, Cap/Bats > Deathstroke in fighting skills. Bats/Cap > Deathstroke in equipment. Bats/Cap < Deathstroke in physical prowess. Bats/Cap < Deathstroke in willingness to kill. Deathstroke would limp away from his long fight with Captain America, but I do think that eventually, Slade will take the win. 
ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By ssejllenrad
@Silver2467 said:
" @Static Shock: Okay, here's the way I see it, and you're welcome to agree or disagree at your leisure. Deathstroke has defeated BatMan before. He's also fought against multiple allies of BatMan all at once. He's a very skilled fighter and has some superhuman attributes. In my opinion, BatMan is a better fighter than Deathstroke. He wouldn't be too much more skilled, but he is more disciplined and more skilled in martial arts than Deathstroke is. The reason Deathstroke was able to defeat BatMan, despite BatMan's superiority in combat, is his superhuman attributes. BatMan is only peak human. He's been able to break cuffs, lift heavy weights, punch through bazooka proof glass, dodge bullets, and so on. He's done things that Captain America can do. Now, I would say that even though BatMan is peak human, Cap has slightly greater physical prowess than BatMan. Cap wouldn't outweigh Bats in physical power by much, since Cap isn't superhuman, but he is ahead of him by a slight degree. Deathstroke, as I said, is superhuman. He has degrees of superhuman strength, speed, agility, reflexes, durability, healing, and mental processes accelerated by a factor of 9. He's also more than willing to kill his opponents. In a fight against BatMan, I think that Deathstroke could hold his own even if he didn't have superhuman attributes. Without his enhancements, BatMan would win, because, again, I think BatMan is a somewhat more skilled fighter, but Deathstroke could give Bats a decent fight even without his enhancements. With his superhuman physical powers on top of his combat skill, he has a significant advantage over BatMan. I've always considered Bats an equal fighter with Cap, putting Cap slightly ahead of Bats in physical conditioning, Bats ahead in intelligence, and Cap's shield and Bats's gadgets cancelling each other out (some people disagree, but that's where I stand). Understanding that, Cap could fight Deathstroke, holding his own fairly well. In BatMan's fight with Deathstroke, he didn't use his equipment really. He fought him strictly hand to hand. Because Deathstroke is superhuman, he had the edge in that fight. If Bats had been a little more crafty, developing a strategy as he went after Deathstroke and utilizing his gadgets, I think he very well may have been able to do a little better against Slade. I'm not entirely sure he would've won (although I wouldn't be surprised if he did), but he could've at least done better than he did. Cap uses his shield constantly. He'll use it in his fight with Deathstroke guaranteed (and as I said, I consider his shield to cancel out with Bats's gadgets). Thus, as I said, if Bats had used his equipment and tactical abilities a little better, he could have done better in that fight. The same applies for Cap. He will use his shield, which will increase his chances for winning. I do agree that people probably are singling Cap out of this too easily, but overall, based on Deathstroke's powers, I would give him the fight. Cap will give Slade one his toughest fights, but overall, I think Deathstroke will take it after a very long, bloody fight. So basically, to sum this up, Cap/Bats > Deathstroke in fighting skills. Bats/Cap > Deathstroke in equipment. Bats/Cap < Deathstroke in physical prowess. Bats/Cap < Deathstroke in willingness to kill. Deathstroke would limp away from his long fight with Captain America, but I do think that eventually, Slade will take the win.  "
Got tired reading this but I actually agree... :D  

1 request though.... Please use different paragraphs next time? It's much easier reading it that way.
Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By Silver2467
@ssejllenrad said: 
Got tired reading this but I actually agree... :D   1 request though.... Please use different paragraphs next time? It's much easier reading it that way. "
Oh, okay. Sorry about that. 
Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#147  Edited By Zoom

Why does Cap have better equipment than Deathstroke?

Cap is packing an unbreakable throwable shield.  Deathstroke is packing an unbreakable sword, an unbreakable staff that shoots energy beams, armor, grenades, a machine gun, a sniper rifle, a shotgun, and a half dozen random things like bolas and lazer pointers.
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By Static Shock
@Zoom said:
" Why does Cap have better equipment than Deathstroke? Cap is packing an unbreakable throwable shield.  Deathstroke is packing an unbreakable sword, an unbreakable staff that shoots energy beams, armor, grenades, a machine gun, a sniper rifle, a shotgun, and a half dozen random things like bolas and lazer pointers. "
You sure he carries all that at one time?
Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149  Edited By Silver2467
@Zoom said:
" Why does Cap have better equipment than Deathstroke? Cap is packing an unbreakable throwable shield.  Deathstroke is packing an unbreakable sword, an unbreakable staff that shoots energy beams, armor, grenades, a machine gun, a sniper rifle, a shotgun, and a half dozen random things like bolas and lazer pointers. "
Because Cap is able to use his shield in too many different ways. He can block all of those things using his shield anyway. 
Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#150  Edited By Zoom
@Silver2467 said:

"Because Cap is able to use his shield in too many different ways. He can block all of those things using his shield anyway.  "

Okay no.  First of all, Cap uses his shield in three ways.  1) To block things and 2) to hit things with 3) to throw at things.  Deathstroke's equipment covers all of these uses and much more. 

Granted, Cap's shield is particularly good at blocking bullets and energy blasts which makes a great portion of Deathstroke's equipment only useful for keeping Cap from throwing his shield at him but that doesn't make his equipment better.

@Static Shock

said:

"You sure he carries all that at one time? "

His armor seems to change between writers and sometimes he's missing one of the guns/staff but for the most part he either caries them with him (on his back or possibly compressed into those pouches) or they're stashed somewhere nearby because he hardly ever goes an arc without using all of them. 

I suppose its possible that he goes and buys new ones or runs back to his hideout and grabs other weapons between fights but sniper rifle aside, he never seems to pick weapons that are especially suited to a specific confrontation which would make me believe he's got them all on him and its whatever he's carrying in his hand at the time gets used in the fight. 

Or more realistically, he uses whatever the artist/writer feel like giving him at the time.