Morals on

Standard Gear

Win by Death, KO etc.

Fight takes place in Gotham

Who wins and why?

#2 Posted by Carter_esque (6447 posts) - - Show Bio

Animal Man rips Slade's head off.

#3 Posted by giantsfan576 (1057 posts) - - Show Bio

@carter_esque: This site really confuses me. In a wolverine vs animal man new 52 thread people were saying animal man in a very close one. People also say deathstroke beats wolverine. So how does Animal Man beat DS so easily?

#4 Posted by dondave (26917 posts) - - Show Bio

Animal Man

#5 Edited by dondave (26917 posts) - - Show Bio

@carter_esque: This site really confuses me. In a wolverine vs animal man new 52 thread people were saying animal man in a very close one. People also say deathstroke beats wolverine. So how does Animal Man beat DS so easily?

Wolverine would beat Deathstroke

#6 Posted by Ancient_0f_Days (10238 posts) - - Show Bio

the basis and logic behind the creation of this thread is what really kills me besides the thread itself

#7 Posted by Wolverine08 (26799 posts) - - Show Bio

@dondave said:

@giantsfan576 said:

Wolverine would beat Deathstroke

#8 Edited by Carter_esque (6447 posts) - - Show Bio

@giantsfan576 said:

Let me start off by saying that anyone who thinks DS could beat Wolverine is C-R-A-Y. I never said that AM would win easily but he could depending on which animals he morphs into. I do think that DS has a chance bc of his equipment and armor. He could just shoot Baker before he morphs and end the fight but Idk if he'd start off that way since morals are on. Alternately, AM could just morph into a T-Rex and eat him or just take on the attributes of said dinosaur in base form and punch his head off.

#9 Posted by batmannflash (6109 posts) - - Show Bio

Animal Man

#10 Posted by RisingBean (2877 posts) - - Show Bio
#11 Posted by Carter_esque (6447 posts) - - Show Bio
#12 Posted by matchesmalone21 (7658 posts) - - Show Bio

@giantsfan576: http://www.comicvine.com/animal-man/4005-22707/forums/new-52-animal-man-respect-thread-675333/#43

#13 Posted by patrat18 (6756 posts) - - Show Bio

Animal man.

#14 Edited by Wolverine08 (26799 posts) - - Show Bio

Eh, still would go with Animal Man.

#15 Posted by OreoAssassin (2807 posts) - - Show Bio

Animal Man

#16 Edited by Fallschirmjager (11615 posts) - - Show Bio
@giantsfan576 said:

Buddy would have no trouble with Wolverine. Wolverine has no way to put Buddy down.

Buddy is like Swamp Thing (on a smaller scale) he can jump to the bodies of animals and regen himself like Swampy can do with vegetation. Although Swamp Thing does this on a multiversal scale (Pre-52 anyway...which I think are still canon)

#17 Edited by Cable_Extreme (6837 posts) - - Show Bio

@fallschirmjager said:
@giantsfan576 said:

Buddy would have no trouble with Wolverine. Wolverine has no way to put Buddy down.

Buddy is like Swamp Thing (on a smaller scale) he can jump to the bodies of animals and regen himself like Swampy can do with vegetation. Although Swamp Thing does this on a multiversal scale (Pre-52 anyway...which I think are still canon)

How many "animals" are in Gotham? And this is New 52 animal man.

#18 Posted by Carter_esque (6447 posts) - - Show Bio

@giantsfan576 said:

Pretty much this

#19 Edited by Fallschirmjager (11615 posts) - - Show Bio
#20 Edited by Cable_Extreme (6837 posts) - - Show Bio

@fallschirmjager said:

@cable_extreme: I think you'd be surprised. Birds, cats, rats, etc.

Yes, but why would that make him win? Would a decapitation stop him? Or a huge explosion?

#21 Edited by Fallschirmjager (11615 posts) - - Show Bio

@cable_extreme: no. Buddy leaves his body and uses the animal's body to "regrow" a new one. Basically you can't put him down with melee.

Besides, his physical abilities are more than enough to beat Wolvy or DS. He can amp his stats pretty heavily by stacking animals. Or channeling alien ones. Pre-52 he could channel the power of a Sun-Eater (they eat suns)

Hold on let me find scans.

#22 Posted by Cable_Extreme (6837 posts) - - Show Bio

@cable_extreme: no. Buddy leaves his body and uses the animal's body to "regrow" a new one.

Hold on let me find scans.

But wouldn't his body be dead and count as a death?

#23 Posted by Fallschirmjager (11615 posts) - - Show Bio

@cable_extreme: His body would be, but Buddy wouldn't be. He'd still be conscious and ready to fight.

Ever seen Hellsing? Its like Alucard getting shot into a poodle of blood and then regening himself. Same concept except Animal Man uses another body.

#24 Posted by Cable_Extreme (6837 posts) - - Show Bio

@cable_extreme: His body would be, but Buddy wouldn't be. He'd still be conscious and ready to fight.

Ever seen Hellsing? Its like Alucard getting shot into a poodle of blood and then regening himself. Same concept except Animal Man uses another body.

Well it is the same thing with Wolverine, you can kill him for a second or two, but he will come back to life. If we look at death in literal terms, that would fit it.

#25 Edited by Fallschirmjager (11615 posts) - - Show Bio

@cable_extreme said:

@fallschirmjager said:

Well it is the same thing with Wolverine, you can kill him for a second or two, but he will come back to life. If we look at death in literal terms, that would fit it.

Except Buddy doesn't die when he does that. Its just his physical form.

Wolverine stabs Buddy, Buddy transfers to another body behind him. Did Wolverine win? No. He just stabbed 1 body. Buddy is still alive and ready to fight.

The avatars of Red/Green/Rot can't be put down by physicality alone.

Like I said too, he probably wouldn't even need to do that. Buddy can amp his stats pretty heavily.

#26 Edited by Cable_Extreme (6837 posts) - - Show Bio

@cable_extreme said:

@fallschirmjager said:

Wolverine stabs Buddy, Buddy transfers to another body behind him. Did Wolverine win? No. He just stabbed 1 body. Buddy is still alive and ready to fight.

Death, brain function ceases, or in spiritual terms "spirit leaving the body". That is Death, maybe not Death of his spirit, but is a literal form of Death.

#27 Edited by Fallschirmjager (11615 posts) - - Show Bio

@cable_extreme said:

@fallschirmjager said:

@cable_extreme said:

@fallschirmjager said:

Death, brain function ceases, or in spiritual terms "spirit leaving the body". That is Death, maybe not Death of his spirit, but is a literal form of Death.

Its still not winning the battle. There are dozens of characters who can do that. Physical destruction of their body means nothing. If you blow off their head and it comes back a second later, did they die? Technically sure, but you still didn't win the fight.

Which is the point I'm making, there is nothing DS or Wolverine can do to put Buddy down. Nothing. The avatars are too strong.

#28 Posted by Cable_Extreme (6837 posts) - - Show Bio

@cable_extreme said:

@fallschirmjager said:

@cable_extreme said:

@fallschirmjager said:

Its still not winning the battle. There are dozens of characters who can do that. Physical destruction of their body means nothing.

Which is the point I'm doing, there is nothing DS or Wolverine can do to put Buddy down. Nothing. The avatars are too strong. The Anti-Monitor couldn't even put down Swamp Thing.

Well not in a real battle, but under the current BIO rules Death is a physical occurrence. I think also the BIO had it in mind that it was Animal Man, and Deathstroke fighting it out without the spirit transfer since he also added in KO.

But under the current BIO rules, Death is a way to win, so Animal Man better not mess up.

#29 Edited by Fallschirmjager (11615 posts) - - Show Bio

@cable_extreme said:

@fallschirmjager said:

@cable_extreme said:

@fallschirmjager said:

@cable_extreme said:

@fallschirmjager said:

Its still not winning the battle. There are dozens of characters who can do that. Physical destruction of their body means nothing.

Which is the point I'm doing, there is nothing DS or Wolverine can do to put Buddy down. Nothing. The avatars are too strong. The Anti-Monitor couldn't even put down Swamp Thing.

Well not in a real battle, but under the current BIO rules Death is a physical occurrence. I think also the BIO had it in mind that it was Animal Man, and Deathstroke fighting it out without the spirit transfer since he also added in KO.

But under the current BIO rules, Death is a way to win, so Animal Man better not mess up.

Physical death is meaningless to characters like Buddy though. That's the whole point I'm making. They're not even dead, their physical body is just destroyed. You're just arguing technicalities.

And its not even like it would be easy for DS to do that, given Animal Man can amp himself way out of his league.

#30 Posted by Cable_Extreme (6837 posts) - - Show Bio

@cable_extreme said:

@fallschirmjager said:

@cable_extreme said:

@fallschirmjager said:

@cable_extreme said:

@fallschirmjager said:

Physical death is meaningless to characters like Buddy though. That's the whole point I'm making.

And its not even like it would be easy for DS to do that, given Animal Man can amp himself way out of his league.

Physical Death is not meaningless given the BIO's conditions, but yes in a real fight, it would be meaningless.

Also I am not arguing the second part, but I think that is kinda underestimating Deathstroke.

#31 Edited by Fallschirmjager (11615 posts) - - Show Bio

@cable_extreme: Not really. All buddy has to do is channel the powers of a dung beetle - giving him the strength equal to 1000 times his own body weight and he immediately becomes a 100 tonner. And he can stack animals on top of each other and combine them and stuff.

He's pretty powerful.

I'm not saying DS sucks or anything, only that Buddy is pretty powerful. Swamp Thing is even more powerful. The avatars are no jokes.

#32 Posted by Cable_Extreme (6837 posts) - - Show Bio

@cable_extreme: Not really. All buddy has to do is channel the powers of a dung beetle - giving him the strength equal to 1000 times his own body weight and he immediately becomes a 100 tonner. And he can stack animals on top of each other and combine them and stuff.

He's pretty powerful.

I'm not saying DS sucks or anything, only that Buddy is pretty powerful. Swamp Thing is even more powerful. The avatars are no jokes.

Deathstroke has dealt with people like that, Legacy for example through a submarine on him. And is there any New 52 feats of him doing that? If not, why would he do it this fight?

#33 Posted by Fallschirmjager (11615 posts) - - Show Bio

@cable_extreme: yeah he mixes animal abilities all the time.

he once stacked a bunch of insects together and was able to catch up to undead Flash lol

as of the last couple issues he can use alien animals now too.

#34 Edited by Cable_Extreme (6837 posts) - - Show Bio

@cable_extreme: yeah he mixes animal abilities all the time.

he once stacked a bunch of insects together and was able to catch up to undead Flash lol

as of the last couple issues he can use alien animals now too.

That sounds cool, Slade can, uhh... Slash stuff.

#35 Edited by Fallschirmjager (11615 posts) - - Show Bio

@cable_extreme: :D. Check out the book if you haven't. it's been one of the best gem's of the New 52. I'd recommend reading it along with Swamp Thing as they're sort of sister books up through the first 15-18 issues or so.

Its ending in a couple months at issue 29 :(

#36 Edited by Cable_Extreme (6837 posts) - - Show Bio

@fallschirmjager said:

@cable_extreme: :D. Check out the book if you haven't. it's been one of the best gem's of the New 52. I'd recommend reading it along with Swamp Thing as they're sort of sister books up through the first 15-18 issues or so.

Its ending in a couple months at issue 29 :(

At least it lasted longer than New 52 Deathstroke, but atleast he is being shown in other New 52 series.

#37 Posted by Fallschirmjager (11615 posts) - - Show Bio

@cable_extreme: Well, its not being canceled. Lemire is just finishing the story he wants to tell, so at least that's some kind of gratification. Buddy is joining the new Justice League team too.

#38 Edited by Cable_Extreme (6837 posts) - - Show Bio

@fallschirmjager said:

@cable_extreme: Well, its not being canceled. Lemire is just finishing the story he wants to tell, so at least that's some kind of gratification. Buddy is joining the new Justice League team too.

Slade vs Justice league would be a better match

Total Fanboy right there I know lol

#39 Posted by MonsterStomp (13189 posts) - - Show Bio

This site really confuses me. In a wolverine vs animal man new 52 thread people were saying animal man in a very close one. People also say deathstroke beats wolverine. So how does Animal Man beat DS so easily?

He doesn't beat DS so easily.

#40 Posted by patrat18 (6756 posts) - - Show Bio
#41 Edited by Fallschirmjager (11615 posts) - - Show Bio

@patrat18: you can check out the respect thread, though its missing a lot of stuff. it will give you a generally idea

...I'm too lazy to go through my books and upload (:

#42 Edited by patrat18 (6756 posts) - - Show Bio

@patrat18: you can check out the respect thread, though its missing a lot of stuff. it will give you a generally idea

...I'm too lazy to go through my books and upload (:

I know about ne 52 AM but not pre 52.

#43 Edited by Fallschirmjager (11615 posts) - - Show Bio

@patrat18: oh derp. sorry i read that wrong D:

I don't have any scans of Pre-52 :/

#44 Posted by patrat18 (6756 posts) - - Show Bio
#45 Edited by Cable_Extreme (6837 posts) - - Show Bio

@monsterstomp said:

@giantsfan576 said:

This site really confuses me. In a wolverine vs animal man new 52 thread people were saying animal man in a very close one. People also say deathstroke beats wolverine. So how does Animal Man beat DS so easily?

He doesn't beat DS so easily.

I would argue he doesn't beat Deathstroke. Animal man's main ability, besides taking on the powers of animals, is his spirit transferring ability. Since the BIO specifically says Death, it requires his spirit to stay in the body he originally started off with. Making this fight much more even, so he can't simply switch to a bird's body after his previous body has been killed.

So yes, I will argue in favor of New 52 Deathstroke here.