• 158 results
the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By the_red_viper  Moderator

@wolverine08: So you're trying to argue Black Panther is faster than The Flash.

No Caption Provided

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You yourself said that Flash wasn't moving at maximum speeds. We asked for proof that flash was moving at speeds beyond Panther. You tried to argue the speed of a blur is beyond black panther and we showed you otherwise.

We don't need to prove Black Panther is faster then the flash. We just need to prove he was moving faster then flash was in the instance he charged at deathstroke.

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 the_red_viper  Moderator

@jashro44: Here's Deathstroke tagging Kid Flash:

No Caption Provided

Although he isn't as fast as The Flash he's still a speedster and definitely faster than BP.

Here's another fight where DS tagged him:

No Caption Provided

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By the_red_viper  Moderator

@jashro44 said:

@the_red_viper said:

You yourself said that Flash wasn't moving at maximum speeds. We asked for proof that flash was moving at speeds beyond Panther. You tried to argue the speed of a blur is beyond black panther and we showed you otherwise.

We don't need to prove Black Panther is faster then the flash. We just need to prove he was moving faster then flash was in the instance he charged at deathstroke.

Well you can't, since you don't know how fast either of them was moving. Call me crazy but I'd put my money on The Flash.

The blur thing was the only thing I could say that demonstrated Flash's speed in that panel.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_red_viper: I don't think you are addressing the argument. I don't doubt that kid flash or flash are faster then black panther. Thats not what you need to prove. You need to prove how much speed flash was utilizing.

Flash has to slow his mind and reactions down in order to talk to the slower people (he stated this in blackest night and in another issue of superman). By slowing his reactions down it stands to reason that Flash has to slow his reflexes down.

Prove that in the specific moment Slade tagged him, he was utilizing speeds beyond what black panther can react to. This is what the battle forum rules ask us to do.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

@the_red_viper said:

Well you can't, since you don't know how fast either of them was moving. Call me crazy but I'd put my money on The Flash.

The blur thing was the only thing I could say that demonstrated Flash's speed in that panel.

You don't know how fast the flash was moving. And that's the problem. It can't be quantified. We aren't doubting flash is faster then black panther what is being doubted is was flash moving at speeds beyond black panthers capabilities in that instance.

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 the_red_viper  Moderator

@jashro44 said:

@the_red_viper: I don't think you are addressing the argument. I don't doubt that kid flash or flash are faster then black panther. Thats not what you need to prove. You need to prove how much speed flash was utilizing.

Flash has to slow his mind and reactions down in order to talk to the slower people (he stated this in blackest night and in another issue of superman). By slowing his reactions down it stands to reason that Flash has to slow his reflexes down.

Prove that in the specific moment Slade tagged him, he was utilizing speeds beyond what black panther can react to. This is what the battle forum rules ask us to do.

Flash has showed super speed literally thousands of times when interacting with other people. It's nothing new. You're trying to argue that BP can move faster than the speed Flash has moved in that scan. Maybe I can't tell you the speed Flash was running, but... it's Flash. The argument you're making is very silly.

I can tell you to prove that BP can move faster than Flash did in that scan. You can't do that.

Besides, I have just showed you 2 times when Deathstroke tagged Kid Flash. In the middle of a fight.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

Flash has showed super speed literally thousands of times when interacting with other people. It's nothing new. You're trying to argue that BP can move faster than the speed Flash has moved in that scan. Maybe I can't tell you the speed Flash was running, but... it's Flash. The argument you're making is very silly.

I can tell you to prove that BP can move faster than Flash did in that scan. You can't do that.

Besides, I have just showed you 2 times when Deathstroke tagged Kid Flash. In the middle of a fight.

Sometimes he can speed up his thought fast enough, other times he does not.

Again I am not even saying that flash was moving at speeds greater then black panthers foot speed, what I am saying is you can't actually prove the flash was moving at speed so fast captain america, batman, black panther, or really any street leveler couldn't react. And this is what you are claiming.

You can't even prove its something any street leveler couldn't replicate.... Its not quantifiable end of story. When you can quantify it then you will have a point.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@the_red_viper:

You made the absolutely asinine statement that Black Panther can't appear as blur, and I corrected your mistake. Nothing more to it.

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By the_red_viper  Moderator

@jashro44: You're still ignoring the Kid Flash scans.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No I am not....You can't prove how fast kid flash was moving in those instances as well. There just as unquantifiable.

adhd_assassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By adhd_assassin

i give it to panthers team.

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By the_red_viper  Moderator

@jashro44 said:

@the_red_viper said:

No I am not....You can't prove how fast kid flash was moving in those instances as well. There just as unquantifiable.

You're just reaching now. You're saying that because I can't measure the speed he was moving, we can't assume he was moving faster than BP can.

It's really stupid but fine, I'll play along. In this second scan, Kid FLash appeared to be at several places at once. You can tell by the pedestrians running in the front of the picture.

If you really want I can give you scans of Deathstroke dancing ballet around machine gun fire but I guess you already know he can do that.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_red_viper: @fetts I am going to just go ahead and agree to disagree with what you guys are saying. Maybe someone else will step in and debate you guys, but I just don't have the time for it, and I really am not in the mood for debating.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By jashro44

@the_red_viper said:

@jashro44 said:

@the_red_viper said:

You're just reaching now. You're saying that because I can't measure the speed he was moving, we can't assume he was moving faster than BP can.

It's really stupid but fine, I'll play along. In this second scan, Kid FLash appeared to be at several places at once. You can tell by the pedestrians running in the front of the picture.

If you really want I can give you scans of Deathstroke dancing ballet around machine gun fire but I guess you already know he can do that.

No I am not. The battle forum rules make note that tagging a fast character isn't a speed feat. This is how things have always been done on the vine. If you want to not quantify feats then your assuming deathstroke is faster then light which is just silly.

After image speed is pretty standard.

No Caption Provided

You can say the same here.

I have all ready talked about bullet dodging. Thats not something black panther has done.

EDIT: Straight from the battle forum rules:

Determining what is done for the plot and what is done because of the characters involved can be hard for some people. Superman is a prime case. In comics, Superman rarely uses his speed offensively. This is done for plot, to prolong the story and make it interesting (though it can also be said that it's a part of his character and not done solely because it benefits the story). In comics, Superman doesn’t kill. He does not spare his enemies because of the plot, he spares them because it’s part of his character not to kill thanks to how he was raised. In battles on the forum we include CIS, but not PIS, so Superman uses his speed but generally doesn’t kill unless otherwise stated. (“Bloodlust”)

If Flash were to use his speed at the best he can Slade would never stand a chance....

Skaddix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

His whole rogues gallery would never stand a chance unless its Reverse Flash and the like.

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By the_red_viper  Moderator

@jashro44 said:

@the_red_viper said:

@jashro44 said:

@the_red_viper said:

No I am not. The battle forum rules make note that tagging a fast character isn't a speed feat. This is how things have always been done on the vine. If you want to not quantify feats then your assuming deathstroke is faster then light which is just silly.

After image speed is pretty standard.

No Caption Provided

You can say the same here.

I have all ready talked about bullet dodging. Thats not something black panther has done.

EDIT: Straight from the battle forum rules:

Determining what is done for the plot and what is done because of the characters involved can be hard for some people. Superman is a prime case. In comics, Superman rarely uses his speed offensively. This is done for plot, to prolong the story and make it interesting (though it can also be said that it's a part of his character and not done solely because it benefits the story). In comics, Superman doesn’t kill. He does not spare his enemies because of the plot, he spares them because it’s part of his character not to kill thanks to how he was raised. In battles on the forum we include CIS, but not PIS, so Superman uses his speed but generally doesn’t kill unless otherwise stated. (“Bloodlust”)

If Flash were to use his speed at the best he can Slade would never stand a chance....

That last statement I can agree with. I'm not saying he was going all-out, not a chance in hell. But he still is superhumanly fast.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_red_viper: Yea but the question is how fast was he moving? Who's to say someone besides Slade (like batman, nightwing, captain america, black panther, daredevil, etc) couldn't replicated that feat if flash were moving at those speeds?

Avatar image for homicidalmaniac
homicidalmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Panther Team

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By jashro44

For the record this fight can go either way. My major disagreements are that:

• Deathstroke can solo the team by itself
  • Deathstroke tagging the flash is a quantifiable speed feat which makes him faster then black panther/captain america/daredevil.
  • And deathstroke has quicker reflexes then kid flash because of a statement from starfire...

I just don't want people to get the wrong idea.

Zmasonite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@foreverevil: I agree with you. I've seen him all over the threads here spouting nonsense like so and so solos because I think they're better. So and so usually happens to be a marvel character *cough cough. But he's either trolling or has yet to pick up an actual comic and surfs wikis all day. But ur right leave it up to the mods

ForeverEvil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By ForeverEvil

@zmasonite said:

@foreverevil: I agree with you. I've seen him all over the threads here spouting nonsense like so and so solos because I think they're better. So and so usually happens to be a marvel character *cough cough. But he's either trolling or has yet to pick up an actual comic and surfs wikis all day. But ur right leave it up to the mods

Edited because i dont wanna piss off commissioner stern

deathstroke19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@foreverevil: they can see pms.

Only if you invite them. Besides they don't just lurk through the thousands of PMs every user has. There is only like 20 of them so thats impossible.

deathstroke19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@jashro44: ik i was joking.... Trying to scare him.

ForeverEvil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Doomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Black Panther has his Vibranium Suit, his claws, energy daggers, forcefield, and cloaking device.

Bane is not on Venom.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By Wolverine008

Yup, that settles it. Team Black Panther wins. The combination of Black Panther's fighting skill, superhuman physicals, and better equipment should let T'Challa take a hard win over Pre 52 Deathstroke. Daredevil should be able to beat Bane off Venom due to his superior fighting skill, and superhuman agility.

DarkRaiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By DarkRaiden

@jashro44 said:

@darkraiden: You can't see the guy who stomped batman lasting more then 20 seconds against anyone on the marvel team? Seriously?

Oh um.....well I was thinking in terms of....in a fight like this, bloodlusted, everyone's going all out, no need to hold back, straight up going for the kill. Punisher can spam A LOT of bullets in 20 seconds, Deadpool can just sacrifice hits for maiming and decapitation, Cap has his shield to bash in his face with, Daredevil....yeah maybe him, but I could see a pressure point hit.

I was exaggerating a bit and I knew it, and then....I thought about it. A real fight wouldn't last much longer than 30 seconds if anyone knew what they were doing, and these guys move super fast and are bloodlusted? Don't see Bane lasting that long due to his lack of durability (against Deadpool, Punisher) and skill (Deadpool, Cap, Daredevil).

I mean beating down Bats is cool but....Bats is just using his hands mostly from what I remember about their fights.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

@darkraiden: You can't see the guy who stomped batman lasting more then 20 seconds against anyone on the marvel team? Seriously?

Oh um.....well I was thinking in terms of....in a fight like this, bloodlusted, everyone's going all out, no need to hold back, straight up going for the kill. Punisher can spam A LOT of bullets in 20 seconds, Deadpool can just sacrifice hits for maiming and decapitation, Cap has his shield to bash in his face with, Daredevil....yeah maybe him, but I could see a pressure point hit.

I was exaggerating a bit and I knew it, and then....I thought about it. A real fight wouldn't last much longer than 30 seconds if anyone knew what they were doing, and these guys move super fast and are bloodlusted? Don't see Bane lasting that long due to his lack of durability (against Deadpool, Punisher) and skill (Deadpool, Cap, Daredevil).

I mean beating down Bats is cool but....Bats is just using his hands mostly from what I remember about their fights.

Bane on venom was stated to be faster then batman. He is fast enough to keep up with the team. His pain tolerance and speed should be enough to deal with punisher. Caps shield has been worked around before. As for deadpool just sacrificing hits Bane isn't an idiot. He's not going to just let himself get decapitated.

That said the OP says he is not on venom so this is irrelevant.

DarkRaiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

@darkraiden said:

@jashro44 said:

Bane on venom was stated to be faster then batman. He is fast enough to keep up with the team. His pain tolerance and speed should be enough to deal with punisher. Caps shield has been worked around before. As for deadpool just sacrificing hits Bane isn't an idiot. He's not going to just let himself get decapitated.

That said the OP says he is not on venom so this is irrelevant.

IDK man.

I think Punisher fills him with lead. Cap, well he'd be his equal, with a superior weapon. Deadpool is IMO superior to Bane and Bats in all ways physically and with his blades, guns, strength, speed, and healing factor....yeah that wouldn't take long.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

@the_red_viper said:

I would just point out that they were moving fast enough to where they thought Deathstroke wouldn't be able to tag them. They were trying to stop Deathstroke, so they weren't traveling slow. I assume around mach speed, or a tad bit faster.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By jashro44

@darkraiden: Standard battle forum rules state that unless stated otherwise characters begin in close range. Bane is likely going to be able to close the gap on punisher.

As far as cap goes he has never stomped crossbones who is inferior to bane in both physicals and skills. Cap will win here (since bane is off venom) but a stomp is a bit much.

Deadpool will also win but honestly he doesn't have the skill feats to say a stomp. As far as him being suepioer to bane in all ways physically even off venom bane is now a meta human. So Bane isn't that out classed and he does have better skill (keep in mind the bat families continuity has supposedly remained unchanged by the flashpoint so banes fights with batman are still in continuity).

@jashro44 said:

@the_red_viper said:

I would just point out that they were moving fast enough to where they thought Deathstroke wouldn't be able to tag them. They were trying to stop Deathstroke, so they weren't traveling slow. I assume around mach speed, or a tad bit faster.

Thats fair all though honestly that is a feat that mostly every character on team marvel can replicate. Pretty much every street leveler has reacted to bullets after they have been fired.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

@darkraiden: Standard battle forum rules state that unless stated otherwise characters begin in close range. Bane is likely going to be able to close the gap on punisher.

As far as cap goes he has never stomped crossbones who is inferior to bane in both physicals and skills. Cap will win here (since bane is off venom) but a stomp is a bit much.

Deadpool will also win but honestly he doesn't have the skill feats to say a stomp. As far as him being suepioer to bane in all ways physically even off venom bane is now a meta human. So Bane isn't that out classed and he does have better skill (keep in mind the bat families continuity has supposedly remained unchanged by the flashpoint so banes fights with batman are still in continuity).

@cable_extreme said:

@jashro44 said:

@the_red_viper said:

Thats fair all though honestly that is a feat that mostly every character on team marvel can replicate. Pretty much every street leveler has reacted to bullets after they have been fired.

Yeah, no real way to calculate the actual speed they were traveling, it is simply that Deathstroke took advantage of the situation.

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

I think it can be a wash, just depends on which team inflicts the first casualty. Whoever loses that first man, loses the battle.

Since Bane is off venom and Panther has his old vibranium suit and that force field, I am leaning Panther's team but only slightly. Pre- and New-52 Deathstroke amalgam is a beast of a combatant and could take a few of Panther's team down with him.

Doomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By Doomnaut
the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 the_red_viper  Moderator

@jashro44: Reacting to bullets is different than reacting to people moving at mach speeds. Bullets can't react to your reactions, once you dodge then that's it. If you try to dodge/tag a human, then that human can react as well.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By jashro44

@the_red_viper said:

@jashro44: Reacting to bullets is different than reacting to people moving at mach speeds. Bullets can't react to your reactions, once you dodge then that's it. If you try to dodge/tag a human, then that human can react as well.

Unless the person who is moving at mach speeds get surprised....Which is likely what happened with the flash.

Slade isn't the only character to tag the flash in the DCU. Nor is he the only character who reacts to speedsters. It is honestly a common feat.

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 the_red_viper  Moderator

@jashro44 said:

@the_red_viper said:

Unless the person who is moving at mach speeds get surprised....Which is likely what happened with the flash.

Slade isn't the only character to tag the flash in the DCU. Nor is he the only character who reacts to speedsters. It is honestly a common feat.

Yeah, surprising a speedster is hard since as you know, his reflexes and reactions are fast as well.

And what street leveler aside from DS ever tagged a speedster?

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_red_viper: Well the most recent example off the top of my head would be cap blocking a blitz from a blood lusted Hyperion, batman has tagged kid flash, so has nightwing, and so has Cheshire.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

There are more "street levelers react to speedster" feats but as I said I don't like to use these feats. Everyone does it and we don't know how fast these characters are moving. So they aren't as impressive as they look IMO.

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By the_red_viper  Moderator

@jashro44: point taken.

I still think Deathstroke can take Black Panther though, regardless.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Due to what?

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 the_red_viper  Moderator

@the_red_viper said:

Due to what?

Due to everything discussed in this thread regarding both DS and Panther, and the fact that DS is both Pre-52 and New-52, but even if DS doesn't beat BP, I still think he has the better team.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08 said:

@the_red_viper said:

Due to what?

Due to everything discussed in this thread regarding both DS and Panther, and the fact that DS is both Pre-52 and New-52, but even if DS doesn't beat BP, I still think he has the better team.

Deathstroke will not beat Black Panther, but I do see how you can think he has the better team.

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 the_red_viper  Moderator

@the_red_viper said:

@wolverine08 said:

@the_red_viper said:

Due to what?

Deathstroke will not beat Black Panther, but I do see how you can think he has the better team.

I'll admit it'll definitely be a fight worth seeing. But I still think DS can take a majority.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_red_viper:

Haha! Deathstroke won't even be a challenge for Panther :D

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers